Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Harrison Ave (260-270)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/21 22:10
From West Side
Group:
Registered Users
Ignore the snarky and unhelpful responses. Somebody had a bad day.

I live in that neighborhood and can tell you it's probably above average for Jersey City. No, it's not the same as the nicer areas of downtown, but Harrison, Bentley and Gifford are all well above average, especially between West Side Ave and Kennedy Blvd. There are some very bad areas just blocks away, but you quickly learn where to avoid.

The building itself looks nice from the outside. It's your standard prewar type building. Check out the arial views on Google Maps or something like that if you really want to know how the building is shaped. I can't speak to the condo association.

If you're going to live in Jersey City, the key things to consider are what your commute will look like, what sort of transportation options you need and how much you can spend. I think this building is worth looking at if you're coming to see properties.

Posted on: 2012/3/24 3:01

Re: harrison Ave/west end

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/19 23:22
Group:
Registered Users
We've lived here for 10 years. It is a great neighborhood, with the park and beautiful old housing stock and lots of families and people with dogs (because of the park). But as with all things, your interest should depend on your needs. What's your commute? Do you require good local publics? (There are plenty of schools in the area, which range from charters to catholics to decent publics in the lower grades.) Food is not a $4 cappuccino: instead great Filipino, Indian, burgers, etc. People are very friendly: you can just strike up a conversation with someone in the park. It's economically diverse--no yoga studios but, in addition to the park, there's a nearby Gold's gym as well as a little independent place on Montgomery on the way to the PATH. What else?

Posted on: 2012/3/24 2:11

Re: harrison Ave/west end
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have lived in the area for about a year as I was house hunting, the best thing about it is Lincoln Park. There is nothing special but nothing too bad around there. There is not allot of parking in the area and very little transportation when you want to get out. I used the 10 bus a few times but I usually walked to the path when the weather was not so bad. You can tell it use to be a very rich part of town many years ago, but all the section 8 housing killed it. The houses on Bentley are absolutely Gorgeous. Bergen ave is not the most nicest place in the area. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2012/3/22 17:55

Re: Harrison Ave (260-270)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
a) you didn't need to make two identical posts regarding this.
b) shape of the buildings? go look for yourself, wtf would you even consider buying real estate site unseen?
c) not the greatest of neighborhoods. not the worst, but not fantastic. again, you should actually look for yourself

Posted on: 2012/3/22 17:23

harrison Ave/west end

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/13 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Hi - I am interested in a condo in these buildings off of Lincoln Park. Can anyone that lives in this area tell me about the neighborhood,? Thanks Kathy

Posted on: 2012/3/22 14:37

Harrison Ave (260-270)

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/13 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Hi - I am interested in a condo in these buildings off of Lincoln Park. Can anyone tell me about the condo associ, shape of buildings, neighborhood, etc. Thanks Kathy

Posted on: 2012/3/22 14:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017