Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
conversely, can we put "welcome snooki!" ads on the top of jclist? Maybe that will keep the moral police off this forum so that the rest of us can engage in a higher standard of conversation than "SNOOKI SMUSH - SNOOKI BAD!"

Posted on: 2012/2/24 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
If I put "no Snookie" signs up in Hamilton Park will that keep you overly sensitive d-bags out? How about the PATH train? This could really ease my commute!!

Posted on: 2012/2/24 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Two more JJ pieces?.

Snooki, JWoww banned from another downtown Jersey City location

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ww_banned_from_anoth.html

Cory Booker: 'Jersey Shore' stars will not be snookin' for love in Newark

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012 ... ore_girls.html#incart_hbx

Gives me douche chills?I can see a business quietly saying to 495 we don?t want the filming in our store and end it. But to talk to the press about it and put up signs. How douchey! (I love that that 70's word )

Buy the JJ...wow!

Ooh, they got banned from NEWARK! You don't say? Boy I'm sure they're crying all day about that! Because Newark is where I go to party every weekend and I'm sure they were planning on it. Uh huh. That is just too funny.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 14:33

Re: Jersey Wines and Spirits vs Snooki
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

ProgressJC wrote:
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
3 cheers for Jersey Wines and Spirits!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/23/snooki- ... sey-wine-shop/?adid=hero1

"...and the potential downside is God knows what..."

You my friend will never get my business again. If you don't let people in based on what they are portrayed on in a tv show, then you should perform background checks on every patron that comes in. There is a park around the corner where drug deals go on 24/7, and I've seen those people go in that store and come out with liquor. You really need a reality check pal. A real reality check, not an MTV one.

Absolutely correct. This effete snob will let you stand at the counter with your thumb up your *** waiting to check out if he's discussing a wine with another patron. After this crap, I'm done with that place too. Also, I just discovered that the little liquor store on Grove north of Newark has MUCH better prices.

My girlfriend and I said the same thing. It's one thing to refuse camera crews, but it's another to refuse an individual. This is Jersey City, NOT the segregated SOUTH!! I'll walk a few extra blocks to get a bottle of wine.

I'm with MrJohnson, BeachGuy and ProgressJC on this one.

To further cite the article "TMZ spoke to the GM at the wine shop ... who tells us, "Even if Jwoww shows up at our front door she will not be let in."

He adds, "The only thing they are good for is ridicule and amusement. "

I mean, seriously, what's with the shop owner's holier than thou attitude? If he put up a sign that said "No Camera Crews" that would be one thing (because that could disrupt his business), but to actually ban someone based on what he's seen on TV and turn away the business is just plain silly.

Oh, and what is with the comment about "some other judgy (?) wine stores around town that look at you funny if you buy wine and vodka at the same time." huh? That's a new one to me. I've bought wine in stores in Jersey City and elsewhere, never had anything remotely like that happen, they're all just happy to make a sale and take my money.

If anything, the wine store that chooses to ban Snooki and Jwoww is the one being "judgy", whatever the hell that means.

I like how they are banning Snookie and JWoww for character reasons and then go on the record with a classy organization like TMZ.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Two more JJ pieces?.

Snooki, JWoww banned from another downtown Jersey City location

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ww_banned_from_anoth.html

Cory Booker: 'Jersey Shore' stars will not be snookin' for love in Newark

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012 ... ore_girls.html#incart_hbx

Gives me douche chills?I can see a business quietly saying to 495 we don?t want the filming in our store and end it. But to talk to the press about it and put up signs. How douchey! (I love that that 70's word )

Buy the JJ...wow!

Posted on: 2012/2/24 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
I'm boycotting the bars and stores that ban Snooki and JWoww.

Always wanted to try Pint anyway.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 12:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

ProgressJC wrote:
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

You my friend will never get my business again. If you don't let people in based on what they are portrayed on in a tv show, then you should perform background checks on every patron that comes in. There is a park around the corner where drug deals go on 24/7, and I've seen those people go in that store and come out with liquor. You really need a reality check pal. A real reality check, not an MTV one.

Absolutely correct. This effete snob will let you stand at the counter with your thumb up your *** waiting to check out if he's discussing a wine with another patron. After this crap, I'm done with that place too. Also, I just discovered that the little liquor store on Grove north of Newark has MUCH better prices.

My girlfriend and I said the same thing. It's one thing to refuse camera crews, but it's another to refuse an individual. This is Jersey City, NOT the segregated SOUTH!! I'll walk a few extra blocks to get a bottle of wine.

To further cite the article "TMZ spoke to the GM at the wine shop ... who tells us, "Even if Jwoww shows up at our front door she will not be let in."

I mean, seriously, what's with the shop owner's holier than thou attitude? If he put up a sign that said "No Camera Crews" that would be one thing (because that could disrupt his business), but to actually ban someone based on what he's seen on TV and turn away the business is just plain silly.

Oh, and what is with the comment about "some other judgy (?) wine stores around town that look at you funny if you buy wine and vodka at the same time." huh? That's a new one to me. I've bought wine in stores in Jersey City and elsewhere, never had anything remotely like that happen, they're all just happy to make a sale and take my money.

If anything, the wine store that chooses to ban Snooki and Jwoww is the one being "judgy", whatever the hell that means.

Seriously. Like the show or not, anyone who puts a sign in their window telling an individual to stay away just looks like a real ass, and it doesn't do Jersey City any favors, either. This douchey move says a lot more about the liquor store owner than it does about the star of a cable reality show.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 9:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ProgressJC wrote:
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Posted on: 2012/2/24 5:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pattyb wrote:
LOL. No they aren't "judgy" at all. They welcome all.

haha ok you got me ;)

Nobody trying to get anyone. Just do the best you can. But sadly, this is one of those, "I believe what I believe" and "therefore you all should believe the same thing." This will be hilarious to see their "damage control." Let me guess... coupons for big discounts? Rethink your retaliations; and at very least grow up!

Posted on: 2012/2/24 5:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/24 0:38
From Hamilton Park Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

haha ok you got me ;)

Posted on: 2012/2/24 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pattyb wrote:
one more thing, I love this wine store, I hope people keep going there. You can pop in, try great wines, and they are super chatting and fun, not like some other "judgy" wine stores around town that look at you funny if you buy wine and vodka at the same time.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Hell, I'm gonna buy something from them next time I'm in the neighborhood. Thanks for keeping the bar at least that high.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 3:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
What a stupid article. And the store isn't next door, at, but about the same distance from three other liquor stores.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 2:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/29 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Posted on: 2012/2/24 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
one more thing, I love this wine store, I hope people keep going there. You can pop in, try great wines, and they are super chatting and fun, not like some other "judgy" wine stores around town that look at you funny if you buy wine and vodka at the same time.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

yes and that WAS my story! I put it up on my Following Snooki blog (they (Thirty Mile Zone) basically took all the same pictures) and whatever ... (actually when I contacted them they said that an agency sold them the story but I know where they got it.)

Just venting, I love this thread, also I'm always available for strategic marketing freelancing gigs ;)

ok be kind, just hanging out!

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Oh no! I'm sure he's quaking in his boots.

He should be. Word of mouth is the best publicity. Be it good or bad. I know at least a dozen people that were very regular customers that will never go there again. If he thinks his little antics will gain him more customers than he will lose, he is in for a big surprise. But hey, he still owns Liberty Harbor and the Beer Garden. Good thing that has a very upscale clientele.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Oh no! I'm sure he's quaking in his boots.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Posted on: 2012/2/24 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Yay for the White Star Bar! My favorite bar in JC has standards!

Posted on: 2012/2/23 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
WHITE STAR BAR SAYS NO !!!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/23 23:53

Jersey Wines and Spirits vs Snooki
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/2/23 23:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, the film crew does come in and take over....If your in there they tell you to move to a different spot to make room for the Bimbos

Posted on: 2012/2/23 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Most likely they are filming, a lot of activity going on. Please make JC feel like a place everyone would like to live in...

Posted on: 2012/2/23 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I am not a fan of the show, never watched one episode, but I have to agree these lame bars banning them is stupid.

There is a difference between banning a patron from a bar and refusing to allow camera crews to film on private property. Skinner's Loft, a respectable restaurant if there ever was one on Newark, denied filming because it would impede on the actual paying--and likely loyal--customers. For that, I am happy. I would be very frustrated to go out to dinner, only to have a bumbling film crew with lights and microphones a table over.

With that distinction, I have not heard of a single place that has banned either of these two. Not allowing filming--much like Hoboken did--yes, but banning, no.

Posted on: 2012/2/23 1:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
I believe they were doing doggy photos yesterday and today at that place. I did however have a conversation with an employee of Helens that said they were going to work there. He was a young kid so i wouldnt say it was a reliable source

Posted on: 2012/2/23 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
JWoww responds to bars that don't want her in Jersey City
After The Jersey Journal wrote a story about three bars who rejected filming contracts with MTV and 495 Productions for the Jersey Shore spin-off in Jersey City, Jenni "JWoww" Farley took to Twitter to call the bars "pathetic."

"Omg I'm crying over the bars that rejected us in jersey city. What am I gonna do Lmfao Ahh pathetic. Don't wanna be caught dead in them anyways," she tweeted.

She went on to say that she was getting lunch and her hair done with Sammi Giancola from The Jersey Shore.

JWoww, along with Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi were supposed to start filming their spinoff yesterday, but police said the filming has been postponed for a few days.

No sign of the duo yet as Jersey City awaits - some more excited than others - for their arrival.

I am not a fan of the show, never watched one episode, but I have to agree these lame bars banning them is stupid.

Posted on: 2012/2/22 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

gp193 wrote:
uh oh, I board my dog at k9dergarten...should I be worried?

I would be. Don't know if this place is involved or not but if they are I would be worried with crew people going in and out, leaving doors open etc. I would not be happy if I were a client. Maybe find out and then take steps from there.

Posted on: 2012/2/22 20:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/26 19:59
Group:
Registered Users
uh oh, I board my dog at k9dergarten...should I be worried?

Posted on: 2012/2/22 19:48

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017