Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
John Huddy the Fox 5 news reporter who lives in DTJC did a piece last night (2/21/12) from that area. He showed a shot of that K9 dog place and said hey maybe they will be working there. He also interviewed the owner of Helen?s Pizza. The owner said he would hire them but work their butts off. He did make the mistake of saying they are Italian girls..they are not.

They also had a shot of all of the stores on the block. It made JC look interesting...hip

Maybe John Huddy was doing another piece from there this morning???

Posted on: 2012/2/22 18:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
No. No one knows.

Posted on: 2012/2/22 18:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/2 13:12
Group:
Registered Users
Saw a camera crew outside of k9dergartin this morning on Newark avenue. Does anyone know if this will perhaps be where they "work" during filming?

Posted on: 2012/2/22 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PHOTO CHALLENGE

NJ.com users can participate in The Jersey Journal's "Jersey Shore'' Photo Challenge.

If you run into Snooki, JWoww or Snooki and JWoww, whip out your camera and share your photos or videos on NJ.com. You can also share photos on The Jersey Journal's Facebook page.

We'll showcase the submissions on Hudson County Now and select the best photos for publication in The Jersey Journal.

I think if you can get photos of Snookie and Jwoww, instead of giving them to the Jersey Journal for free you should probably try selling them or at least posting them someplace for personal publicity.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 20:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/2 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
Filming of 'Jersey Shore' spinoff starring Snooki and JWoww postponed, Jersey City police say

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _jersey_shore_spinof.html

The start of filming for the "Jersey Shore'' spinoff starring Nicole "Snooki'' Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww'' Farley has been postponed until the end of the week, Jersey City Police Capt. Joseph Connors has told media gathered outside the old firehouse on Mercer Street that's to be at the heart of the show.

Filming was scheduled to begin today, according to notices neighbors received from the production company.

A representative of the company, 495 Productions, could not immediately be reached for comment.

Several reporters and a TV crew have stationed themselves on Mercer Street in anticipation of the filming.

Police have told them to stay clear of the building's entrance and city representatives are discussing where the media should congregate for the duration of the six-week filming, according to Jersey Journal photographer Reena Rose Sibayan, who's at the scene.

The show, which has been described as a Snooki and JWoww version of "Laverne & Shirley,'' has spurred controversy in Hudson County as the Hoboken administration rejected a filming permit and the Jersey City administration granted one.

In Jersey City, neighbors have expressed concern over things like parking but have been split on whether the filming will be good or bad for the area. Jersey Journal reporter Terrence McDonald wrote last week that many in Seaside Heights have seen the "Jersey Shore'' reality show as a boon for business.

PHOTO CHALLENGE

NJ.com users can participate in The Jersey Journal's "Jersey Shore'' Photo Challenge.

If you run into Snooki, JWoww or Snooki and JWoww, whip out your camera and share your photos or videos on NJ.com. You can also share photos on The Jersey Journal's Facebook page.

We'll showcase the submissions on Hudson County Now and select the best photos for publication in The Jersey Journal.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Snooki lookalikes compete in Jersey City bar close to set of Jersey Shore spin-off set

February 20, 2012, 11:31 AM
By Dan Rosenblum/For The Jersey Journal

As the ?Jersey Shore? spin-off featuring Nicole ?Snooki? Polizzi and Jenni ?JWoww? Farley heads to Downtown Jersey City, residents looking to see the stars on their infamous nights out didn?t have to travel too far.

One block away from the old firehouse where the crew is setting up a ?Laverne and Shirley?-type apartment for the duo, local bar Pint hosted a ?Night of 1,000 Snookis? Friday night that featured Snook-a-like and fist-pumping contests.

Before the event, Pint owner Wolf Sterling worked the room wearing a Snooki wig, but he admitted he ran into a roadblock.

?It?s hard to get a polyester wig that matches a gray beard,? he said.

Though some residents fear the show will lower the city?s image, Sterling wasn?t angry about its coming to town. ?Those people suck,? Sterling, 42, said of the show?s critics.

Jersey City, he said, has no national image and the show would give the city a chance to show its vibrant neighborhoods. ?What are they afraid of?? he said.

The event wasn?t affiliated with the production company filming the show, but he said it got him more media buzz than he?s had in the four years he?s owned the bar.

Alexandria Kavanagh, 25, of Jersey City, was the first Snooki at the bar. She said people already mistake her for the reality-TV star and she only had to buy a few accessories before entering the costume competition.

Kavanagh said her mom saw the event in a newspaper and told her about the competition. She was happy about the show being in Jersey City.

?It?s better they?re here than Hoboken, because we?d appreciate it more,? she said.

Ultimately, three Snookis showed up. Bar patrons packed around the impersonators, taking plenty of photographs.

Snook-a-like Liz Coschera, 29, of Jersey City, said she liked how the event both embraced and made fun of the show. To celebrate the contest and city pride, she shopped locally for her costume along Newark Avenue and at the Newport Centre mall.

During the contest, Sterling re-created what he called Snooki?s favorite pastime by having the Snookis sit on the bar. He asked them trivia questions, including their favorite food.

?Pickles,? the contestants yelled, showing their knowledge of the real Snooki?s tastes.

Ultimately, Kavanagh won the $200 prize.

?It feels good,? she said afterward. ?My mom will be proud.?

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... kalikes_compete_in_j.html

Posted on: 2012/2/20 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
For those of you reading this long thread who think Hoboken?s shi* doesn?t stink?well it does.

Maybe Jwoww and Snooki should be thankful that the Mayor of Hoboken is banning them.

While the Mayor protects her city's ?reputation? from the evil Jwoww and Snooki?visitors are being stabbed and beaten in the streets.

Jersey City man stabbed in Hoboken several times after leaving bar

Published: Friday, February 17, 2012, 11:00 AM Updated: Friday, February 17, 2012, 11:03 AM

By The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal

HOBOKEN A 27-year-old Jersey City man was stabbed several times during a fight on Hudson Street early Wednesday morning, The Jersey Journal reports.

The man told officers he was leaving a bar on Hudson Street between Observer Highway and Newark Street around 1:33 a.m. when he got into a fight with six men who dragged him on the ground and pummeled him in the head, police reports said.

At some point, the Jersey City man told cops he felt as if he was being stabbed, reports said.

After the six men ran off, a friend of the 27-year-old drove him to Hoboken University Medical Center, where doctors found his right lung had been punctured by one of the stab wounds, reports said.

The injuries did not appear life-threatening, reports said.

JJ piece?.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_man_stabbed_in_hob.html

Buy the JJ?it will take your breath away.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey Shore' spin-off TV crews are loving Jersey City
http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ss ... re_spin-off_tv_crews.html

Posted on: 2012/2/19 21:23

NO Snooki!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Just got back from the pet store on Jersey Ave and Newark. I can't believe some of the merchant shops over there actually have signs on the front door that say No Snookie! WTF I mean really?

Posted on: 2012/2/19 20:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/30 23:29
Group:
Registered Users
so.... have there been any sightings?

Posted on: 2012/2/19 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JERZE wrote:
If the spinoff is going to bring $$$ to the city of jersey city? Where is it going to!!!!!

Well, considering there is an entire crew living here, I assume they eat food, so local food eateries will get business. "Tourists" looking to get a glimpse will go out to bars and eat. The city has been paid for permits. I also wouldn't be surprised if they hired local "extras." Mercy did that as well.

And for all the people that claim the mayor of Hoboken is a saint, they WILL be filming in Hoboken, just not on the street (as also stated above). She told them no to filming on the streets. But any bar/restaurant is free to have them come and film INDOORS. She didn't ban them from the city. So again, I'd be surprised if anyone ever even sees them. All interior living shots will probably filmed here in Jersey City, seeing them whoosh off in a cab to Hoboken or NYC and that's it. Barcade, LITM, or Skinners Loft should be so lucky as to have the exposure.

Posted on: 2012/2/17 13:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
If the spinoff is going to bring $$$ to the city of jersey city? Where is it going to!!!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/16 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
neverleft - really?.....really?

This thread needs to die like the jersey shore. I think everyone made their points

Posted on: 2012/2/16 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Speaking of leaders?.

You all better watch what you say about Jwoww..err I mean Jenni Farley.

There are millions of computer geeks out there willing to lay down their ?nerdy? lives to protect her!

How often do you get a computer programmer with brains and looks? (and massive fake to boot!)

Say what you want about Snooki but I think Jenni has it together in more ways then one.

About the Author

Jenni Farley aka JWoww was twenty-one years old when she moved from rural upstate New York to New York City. After conquering the club scene on Long Island and much of Manhattan's Outer Boroughs, she realized she wanted to reach out to the rest of the country by telling her story through MTV's newest reality show Jersey Shore.In addition to her starring role on Jersey Shore, Farley is also a successful businesswoman. A computer programmer with a passion for fine arts and graphic design, she also opened her own graphic design business, Jenni Farley Designs Inc. She is also the marketing director of the web development company, Power Play International Inc., where she plans to bring a new meaning to the future of social networking.

www.amazon.com

JWOWW became interested in computer programming when she was 17-years old. She studied the subject for three years until she became a master. She then turned her sights to the fine arts and graphic design industry. This lead her to move to New York City, where she studied the field for four years at a local university. She then opened a graphic design business, Jenni Farley Designs Inc. In 2010, JWOWW and Power Play International Inc. became partners; JWOWW is their marketing director.

www.eduinreview.com

PR.com: And you went from computer programmer to fashion designer recently?

Jenni JWoWW Farley: I?ve done both. I got the degree in computer programming when I was twenty-one, and then I moved down to New York. That?s the reason why I moved to Long Island, was for graphic design and animation, and designing for fashion. I have two degrees in it.

www.pr.com

Hey ?all of you programmers down in Goldman Sachs please keep an eye on Jenni while she is in DTJC. (Do I really need to ask?) And a little advice if you do see her ditch the pocket protector and drop the Sheldon shtick. She goes for the rougher old school programmer types.. the Cobol cowboys.

(for those of you who don?t watch the Jersey Shore, in my opinion Jwoww seems to be the only halfway normal one on the show. At first I thought Vinny was but he turned into a party boy.)

Posted on: 2012/2/16 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You're right. Snooki definitely won't lead Jersey City into the future. Our elected representatives most certainly will though.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/2/16 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Leading Jersey City into the future.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/2/16 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
By the way, there is a mantra amongst many people in the film business when it comes to getting the shot they want. "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission". Good luck to the home-owners and business-owners who will be living near this circus.

That's a great point. Jersey City should ban all filming in the city. No exceptions.

That would be fine with me since filming benefits very few actual residents. When six 23 year olds are running around with video cameras at 2am trying to document these two geniuses then you will grasp what I am saying. Like most young "filmmakers" they will simply incorporate the cops into their shoot. "Oh well, we got busted but we got it all on film".

Ban everything that I don't like! Yeah!

Posted on: 2012/2/16 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Face it guys...

They are gonna be in your Gyms,
in your laundromats,
All OVER your tanning Salons!!!

Wait there aren't any tanning salons in the area.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(too funny..Zimmer stops an Irish and a Chilean girl from shooting in her town and gets an award from an Italian-American group)

SHOCKER: Jersey Shore's JWoww and Snooki Are Not Italian

Entertainment February 16, 2010 AT 5:56PM By UsWeekly Staff
?

So much for being "guidette" princesses.

Jersey Shore star Jenni "JWoww" Farley, 23, admitted on Fox's Strategy Room Tuesday that she and Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi aren't even Italian!

J-Woww says she's Spanish and Irish, while Snooki, 21, is Chilean.

The MTV reality show was slammed by Italian-American groups for perpetuating "negative stereotypes," UNICO National President Andre DiMino told Fox last year.

"If you replace Italian-Americans with any other ethnic group, would they use such a pejorative term to promote the show?" he fumed.

JWoww also shattered another Jersey Shore myth: The girls don't believe in GTL! (Which stands for gym, tan, laundry, the schedule made famous by co-star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino.)

Instead, they follow a SSC routine: sleeping, shopping and clubbing.

Read more:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainme ... ian-2010162#ixzz1mXq1DX9J

(when they do their SSC in JC I wonder if it will include any dollar stores)

Posted on: 2012/2/16 12:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Also many of you complain about this show but here is a clip from the show Love and Hip Hop (on VH1) filmed in Jersey City. It is of a fight between rapper Juelz Santana's girlfriend and a model in Liberty State Park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYkOXEcYswo

Posted on: 2012/2/16 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Also, I thought it was impossible to lose even more faith in our leadership in JC, but it has occurred. Hoboken turned this down for a reason. Never thought I'd say this, but Hoboken is looking classier than JC. They at least have pride in their town, and they have leadership. Healy sounds like such an idiot with that quote, honestly.

From what I was told by a bartender at Willow Billiards in Hoboken the show can still film inside the bars just not on the streets, they claim to be one of the places that signed releases to let the show film there. Hoboken just was featured in an episode of Mob Wives recently yet they have a problem with this Jersey Shore spin off? Many other reality shows film there also an they don't have a problem with it. I can almost guarantee you if the St. Patricks Day event wasn't going on during the filming dates the permit would have been granted. I'm sure the mayor doesn't want the whole country to see what it is really like and have it get more out of control when even more young people find out about it, not to mention how it would make the city look.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 2:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor Honored For Rejecting Jersey Shore

Updated: Wednesday, 15 Feb 2012, 12:01 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 15 Feb 2012, 11:48 AM EST

HOBOKEN, N.J. - An Italian American group is responding to Hoboken's rejection of MTV's "Jersey Shore" reality show -- by giving its mayor an award.

The Italian American One Voice Coalition plans to present Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer with its "Una Voce" award Wednesday for denying film permits to a show the group feels promotes negative stereotypes of Italian Americans.

Zimmer says the decision to deny permits was made based on safety and quality of life concerns for residents of Hoboken.

The show has been issued permits to film in Jersey City. The spinoff of the reality series will feature Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley renting an apartment in New Jersey's second largest city. Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy says he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/l ... or-rejecting-jersey-shore

Posted on: 2012/2/16 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
I will, again, preface this post by saying, I do not like the Jersey Shore. I don't watch it, I DO think it's crap TV.

But to me, the content of the show is irrelevant and some of the comments on this thread are frightening to me. I think we could change the mast head to read Greenwich Country Club List and the posts would feel more natural?

I don't know where some of these folks get the nerve to think they can play the role of Censor in our community. I'd like to see a list of artistic contributions they have made to society. How many award-winning shows have you produced?

So again, who are we to say what is "Cool" or what is "ethical"? What is right/wrong for kids to watch on TV?

I'm a 30 something, ex punk. One of my favorite songs of all time is called "Sex and Violence" by The Exploited. My parents HATED the music i listened to? Sort of like how we hate the stuff "kids are doing these days"?.

Who are we to say what is right and what is wrong? Isn't this supposed to be an "artistic community" ? Don't people understand that just because YOU think something is awful, it doesn't mean there aren't a ton of folks who LOVE it.

People thought Elvis shaking his hips on stage was the work of the devil. People though the Beatles were extreme?

In 1995, Nine inch nails put out a song called, "Closer"? The chorus of the song goes, "I want to F**K you like an animal, I want to feel you from the inside"? Trent Reznor won an OSCAR last year.

I remember when that album came out in 95, and middle america had a religious freak fest about it? People tried to censor that. How is that ART? How is that adding to society?
Guess what?IT IS, and It sure as hell DID.

NOW, I'm not saying that Snooki has even 1/10000 of the talent Trent Reznor has? But, again?who am I to judge?

Be open to everything, or else we risk shutting out?everything. If we ban THIS show?where does it stop?

I'm willing to bet, if Jim Morrison rose from the grave and the doors played a rooftop concert in Jersey City, there would be people on this site bitching about it... #noise #parking #tax$

Get over yourselves and keep an open mind.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(I take it you will NOT be joining the ?Night of 1,000 Snookies,? this Friday night?)

Jersey City residents brace for Snooki and JWoww's impending invasion

Published: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 3:00 AM
By Kate Kowsh/The Jersey Journal

Moving trucks are still outside the converted firehouse on Mercer Street in Downtown Jersey City where reality stars Nicole ?Snooki? Polizzi and Jennifer ?JWoww? Farley are scheduled to start filming their ?Jersey Shore? spin-off within the next week or so.

And residents and local business owners are already weighing in on the new neighbors.

?I am very excited,? said Joy McKinney, 30, who lives across the street from the location and works at Beechwood Cafe & Market, 290 Grove St. ?I?m just really hoping it doesn?t bring a lot of drama.?

Wolf Sterling, the owner of Pint, a Wayne Street bar around the corner from the girls? new digs, said he hopes to have them visit his establishment.

?There?s a lot of hubbub in the neighborhood. We think it?s a good thing,? he said.

?I think Hoboken was stupid to pass it by,? he added, referring to that city?s decision not to grant filming permits to the producers of the spinoff.

As a welcome of sorts, Sterling said he?s planning to don a ?Snooki wig? during ?Night of 1,000 Snookies,? an event he?s holding at the bar this Friday night. The party will include a $200 cash prize for the best ?Snook-a-like,? and a fist-pumping contest, according to a flier in the bar?s front window.

Sterling added that he?ll also be serving what he?s heard is Snooki?s favorite drink, ?a concoction of Malibu rum, Creme de Banana, pineapple juice and orange juice.?

Others residents aren?t so pumped about the new arrivals.

As for when the girls can be expected, city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said: ?Filming is expected to begin within the next week or so.?

JJ piece?.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... y_residents_brace_fo.html

'Jersey Shore' Photo Challenge: Find Snooki and JWoww in Jersey City

Going to the gym in Jersey City? Getting a tan? Doing your laundry?

When you do, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley to take part in The Jersey Journal's "Jersey Shore'' Photo Challenge.
The two will be shooting their spinoff series, focusing on their lives as single girls in the city, starting soon in Downtown Jersey City.

So, residents and visitors: If you run into Snooki, JWoww or Snooki and JWoww, whip out your camera and share your photos or videos on NJ.com. You can also share photos on The Jersey Journal's Facebook page

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... lenge_find_jersey_sh.html

'Jersey Shore' boosted Seaside Heights, spinoff could win over Jersey City's dubious Downtowners

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... re_spinoff_could_win.html

Buy the JJ?those old typewriters are working overtime reporting on this BIG news . (pass the oil can and whiteout)

Posted on: 2012/2/15 18:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/6 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
You should really put your passion into volunteering for the animal shelter or something. It seems fruitless here. One thing I've learned by living in downtown Jersey City for 15 years is people LOVE to whine and cry here. They love to brag how they live close to NYC, but it's not NYC; it's its own city. The only problem is, they don't like all the things that go along with a city. Yes, shocking as it may seem, things will happen in a city that YOU personally don't agree with. I know this is hard to accept, but it really is the truth. If it wasn't this show, Vindication and others would be bitching about something else. Maybe live music above a subway station on a weekday at 6pm. Maybe dog crap on the sidewalk. Maybe cars parked too close to a crosswalk. Maybe litter, maybe something else. But hey, posting about it on the internet should solve all these "problems."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You should really put your passion into volunteering for the animal shelter or something. It seems fruitless here. One thing I've learned by living in downtown Jersey City for 15 years is people LOVE to whine and cry here. They love to brag how they live close to NYC, but it's not NYC; it's its own city. The only problem is, they don't like all the things that go along with a city. Yes, shocking as it may seem, things will happen in a city that YOU personally don't agree with. I know this is hard to accept, but it really is the truth. If it wasn't this show, Vindication and others would be bitching about something else. Maybe live music above a subway station on a weekday at 6pm. Maybe dog crap on the sidewalk. Maybe cars parked too close to a crosswalk. Maybe litter, maybe something else. But hey, posting about it on the internet should solve all these "problems."

Posted on: 2012/2/15 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's called google. I use google..

Other resources I use are youtube and wikipedia....

Posted on: 2012/2/15 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Again, for someone who really hates Jersey Shore and MTV, you really do know a lot about the show and MTV's programming.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Leave Mr Johnson alone. He knows MTV only produces quality educational shows like

MTV Cribs
Lingerie Football League
MADE
My Super Sweet 16
Real World
Jersey Shore
Teen Mom
Teen Mom 2
Skins
Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica
Pimp My Ride
Punk'ed
Various Spring break shows

All of these have educated our young kids in America with values like getting pregnant as a teenager to pre-adolescent sex to valuing Gym, Tan, and Laundry...

let's be welcoming! come on

Posted on: 2012/2/15 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
By the way, there is a mantra amongst many people in the film business when it comes to getting the shot they want. "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission". Good luck to the home-owners and business-owners who will be living near this circus.

That's a great point. Jersey City should ban all filming in the city. No exceptions.

That would be fine with me since filming benefits very few actual residents. When six 23 year olds are running around with video cameras at 2am trying to document these two geniuses then you will grasp what I am saying. Like most young "filmmakers" they will simply incorporate the cops into their shoot. "Oh well, we got busted but we got it all on film".

Are you the fortune teller on Newark Ave? Your ability to predict things is astonishing!

Your naivete about TV production is astounding. "Reality TV" is all about provoking situations since the subjects real lives are essentially boring. The producers will prod the subjects into various situations which will create conflict. For them and apparently for you this makes for interesting TV. Do you really think that they are just going to follow them around and "see what happens"? If so then you are clueless.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 16:03

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017