Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Several bars have rejected MTV?s contract. Barcade, LITM and Skinner?s Loft all said no. According to one of Barcade?s owners, Paul Kermizian, ?We are extremely selective about what we allow to film inside any of the Barcade locations and this really just doesn?t work for us.?

Thumps WAAAY Up for these folks. I frequent LITM and Skinner's Loft but I shall visit barcade more often now

Posted on: 2012/2/14 5:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/24 2:10
Group:
Registered Users
PattyB could you please be considerate of what you post on your public blog? While you only travel the block to pick up your son, I live practicallly next door to the firehouse. I really don't care about what the actual women in the show are doing, I am concerned though about hordes of people learning when they are filming and gathering in front of my building. Please keep identifying information away from where we live.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 4:17

Re: Permits for Snookie?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
I don't think you need a permit to build a closet or even put up a temp wall which what they are most likely doing. Not 100% about JC but in NYC you only need a permit if you are moving and existing wall, plumbing, etc..

Sadly, in JC it seems if you put up a stud, you need a permit. I was also explicitly told by an inspector that I needed a permit to hang a kitchen cabinet. I didn't need one to "replace" a cab, but did to hang one a new location.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
vigilante nailed it btw.

And now, some good news! http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... and-jwoww-be-at-your-bar/

Posted on: 2012/2/14 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
If a strip club was to open in JC on newark ave in downtown, Mr Johnson and Brian Em would be the first ones saying to all the protestors, "be welcoming!" "the bikini clad girls and shady guys in the club doesn't affect you at all!" "oh come on, you're so worried about a few girls in bikinis that you don't care at all about the corruption in city hall!"

For Brian Em and Mr Johnson, reputation, dignity, and respect have no meaning.

I wish Dawn Zimmer was our mayor...

I am against the corruption in city hall AND the jersey shore destroying JC's reputation. That isn't a hard concept to understand right? I can be against both right?

If JC's reputation isn't great, Jersey Shore won't make it any better. You understand that concept right? Unless you think those two girls and MTV making a mockery of JC is a good thing? Oh yeah, I forgot - you think they are going to do a political show which educates Americans...

Posted on: 2012/2/14 3:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/11 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
I have mixed feelings on this. The reasons against it have been stated by everyone else pretty clearly.

With that in mind, I think that one can take a longer term view that the city should be encouraging filming, and if we are going to get all tied up over the content of a particular show, it will be less likely that tv and film crews will want to try to negotiate with Jersey City whenever they want to film here.

It's very possible that the producers, film crews, etc will be involved in other projects, and if Jersey City is a reasonably affordable place to film without too much bureaucratic hassle, maybe they will be back with other projects.

I don't watch too much TV, and never watched "Mercy." But if that show had succeeded, it would have been good for the city to have a regular filming presence. If we have regular film crews, just two or three shows shooting on location for an extended period of time, the local businesses will do better. Maybe some local actors and camera crew will get gigs out of it. A few people involved may like the place and move here.

It's only six weeks. Any "image" problems that come from it dwarf in comparison to the black eye we have from the corruption scandals and the like. I suspect we can live with a few weeks of Snooki and JWoww making fools of themselves and saying unflattering things about the city.

Sorry but I work in film and your post is very naive. Work in film is gotten through a network of people who know you, like you, trust you etc. There is NEVER any consideration as to where a crew member lives. Basically you follow the work. I have worked all over NY and NJ and travelled out of state for work. Most commercial, TV and feature film crews stopped shooting in JC because of the hassle, cost and corruption of our city agencies. Most notably the JCPD. It just wasn't cost effective anymore. You could save money on a location fee but the money paid to the half dozen officers you didn't need was ridiculous. The money paid to local businesses is minimal as most catered food, truck rentals etc, etc are gotten in NYC or elsewhere in NJ. The connection between MTV and the rest of the production world is zero. They hire young, recent grads, call them "Associate Producers" and pay them peanuts. They are interns with a title and are routinely abused and over-worked. These people will shoot all night long without regard. Sorry but that's the truth.

This pretty much sums it up.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
I have mixed feelings on this. The reasons against it have been stated by everyone else pretty clearly.

With that in mind, I think that one can take a longer term view that the city should be encouraging filming, and if we are going to get all tied up over the content of a particular show, it will be less likely that tv and film crews will want to try to negotiate with Jersey City whenever they want to film here.

It's very possible that the producers, film crews, etc will be involved in other projects, and if Jersey City is a reasonably affordable place to film without too much bureaucratic hassle, maybe they will be back with other projects.

I don't watch too much TV, and never watched "Mercy." But if that show had succeeded, it would have been good for the city to have a regular filming presence. If we have regular film crews, just two or three shows shooting on location for an extended period of time, the local businesses will do better. Maybe some local actors and camera crew will get gigs out of it. A few people involved may like the place and move here.

It's only six weeks. Any "image" problems that come from it dwarf in comparison to the black eye we have from the corruption scandals and the like. I suspect we can live with a few weeks of Snooki and JWoww making fools of themselves and saying unflattering things about the city.

Sorry but I work in film and your post is very naive. Work in film is gotten through a network of people who know you, like you, trust you etc. There is NEVER any consideration as to where a crew member lives. Basically you follow the work. I have worked all over NY and NJ and travelled out of state for work. Most commercial, TV and feature film crews stopped shooting in JC because of the hassle, cost and corruption of our city agencies. Most notably the JCPD. It just wasn't cost effective anymore. You could save money on a location fee but the money paid to the half dozen officers you didn't need was ridiculous. The money paid to local businesses is minimal as most catered food, truck rentals etc, etc are gotten in NYC or elsewhere in NJ. The connection between MTV and the rest of the production world is zero. They hire young, recent grads, call them "Associate Producers" and pay them peanuts. They are interns with a title and are routinely abused and over-worked. These people will shoot all night long without regard. Sorry but that's the truth.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Vigilante wrote: You people who like this crap are a reality TV producers wet-dream. These shows are so f***ing fake and set-up. They're sitcoms for retards.
Who said it's all completely real? Who thinks any reality tv show is completely real?

Posted on: 2012/2/14 2:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Vigilante wrote: You people who like this crap are a reality TV producers wet-dream. These shows are so f***ing fake and set-up. They're sitcoms for retards.
This isn't about people liking the show or not.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
You people who like this crap are a reality TV producers wet-dream. These shows are so f***ing fake and set-up. They're sitcoms for retards.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wayneguy wrote:
Seems they are building an entire room on the first floor - former bay where they used to park the fire trucks.

I see no permits posted.

Why is it that when I want to add a closet in my home, I have to go to the building dept - wait months for approval, and then use locally approved contractors, and post permits while work is being done. AND then get re-inspected by the building inspector.

But these guy's, within a matter of days - are building an entire structure (inside a historic building in the historic district) with out building dept oversight or permits and with non-building dept approved contractors.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

This may be a back door way to make this thing stop. Anybody want to run with it?

Also - seems this is commercial activity within an area zoned for residential only.

When Healy announced approval - they mentioned that "all departments" had been consulted and approved. But I bet he was referring to film permits / cultural arts, etc. - not the nuts and bolts of building department, fire department, historic preservation, and zoning.

A quick call could bring this all to a quick halt.

A quick call? F'reals?

Posted on: 2012/2/14 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Great news it started.

So let?s see hopefully they purchased a couple of thousand dollars worth of construction materials locally. The guys are probably union and will take their cig and coffee breaks right on time every hour on the hour. Lunch will be local unless their wives packed lunch. I am sure they will shoot for as much overtime as they can get so most likely they will dine locally. If they are around on Friday?s it will be a liquid lunch and dinner at a local gin mill.

Everyone wins!

Posted on: 2012/2/14 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stylemonger wrote:
Wow, I can' t believe this thread brought out the xenophobes. You are taking an entire culture and religion and placing them into one group of undesirables.
This is about two individuals who represent a lifestyle that doesn't fit into how we as a community want to be represented. They are drunken uneducated morons who don't belong here. Its people like these idiots from 'jersey shore' that are dragging our society down and should be ignored or reeducated on how to properly act.

Whoa, I almost threw up after reading that.

I seriously MUST ask, "Who do you think you are?"

I don't dislike Muslims. I said those things to prove a point?How people on this site/in this world, LOVE to pat themselves on the back for being SO OPEN MINDED... Yet the want to run two girls out of town for acting like college kids...

Jersey City LOVES to tell people how we are so open to the arts, yet we are petitioning a film project from a major network, because a few pretentious jerkoffs don't like it... That's not very accepting.

I don't like the tv show Jersey Shore. But, who am I to tell someone else, they can't LIVE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD.

You're wrong stylemonger...People like you are dragging our society down.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brian_em wrote:
Yes. Timothy McVeigh was a creepy white hick. Those guys should make you nervous too. AND there are tons of those guys living in Jersey City now!

But again... Until little girls with spray tans and chetah print skirts bomb a building, I'm cool with them living in my hood.

Tons of creepy white dudes, tho. Why does being a hick matter?

How do you explain Tower 7 falling, too?

Posted on: 2012/2/14 1:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/10 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Was walking home along that block of Mercer today and saw that all the buildings had notices on the front... I peeked up to see what they said (from the production company) and basically it gave them the schedule for the whole deal. From what I gathered, filming will be taking place from Feb 21 - March 9. I just tried to check it out quickly, but thats pretty much what I got from it.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 0:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/26 5:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brian_em wrote:
Remember the 911 commission report says that a handful of conspirators lived in Jersey City?

Remember in 2007, when the feds carted away a clerk at a grove street bodega because he was actually a Pakistani assassin?

Today, there was another "parade". Men yelling arabic through a megaphone down montgomery and grove street?Assembling at city hall. #Noise #traffic problems #paidpolicepresence

AND, no one bats an eye. No facebook group, No online petition...

"Now, I'm not saying all muslims are terrorist...I'm just saying they might be." - Cartman

AND, until a bunch of spray-tanned girls in chetah print mini skirts fly a commercial airplane into a skycraper?I'm cool with them living in my neighborhood.

Wow, I can' t believe this thread brought out the xenophobes. You are taking an entire culture and religion and placing them into one group of undesirables.
This is about two individuals who represent a lifestyle that doesn't fit into how we as a community want to be represented. They are drunken uneducated morons who don't belong here. Its people like these idiots from 'jersey shore' that are dragging our society down and should be ignored or reeducated on how to properly act.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 0:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/24 0:38
From Hamilton Park Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I hope I don't get slammed for this ;) but all in fun and since I walk by Snooki's new house every day when I pick up my son, I have decided to document the happenings on a wordpress blog. Hey I'm a stay at home mom with with lots of time on her hands, don't judge me.

The blog is at http://www.followingsnooki.wordpress.com follow me on twitter @followingsnooki

I know I'm a newbie ... tried the hot cuban sandwiches at La Nueva Isla this weekend and will get some valentines cupcakes at Sofie Sofia tomorrow, thanks jclist!

Posted on: 2012/2/14 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think you need a permit to build a closet or even put up a temp wall which what they are most likely doing. Not 100% about JC but in NYC you only need a permit if you are moving and existing wall, plumbing, etc..

Face it these two are bimbos plain and simple but is it really worth getting all worked up about? I'm not signing any petitions or calling my councilman over these two. There is a lot more important stuff to worry about. It will have no bearing on your property values. Get over it and enjoy the 6 week carnival. I bet you won't even notice these clowns.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 0:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
I'm with the OP - please contact Steven Fulop on this right away. He'll be able to tell you what/if anything can be done. he doesn't want this thing her either, from I've been reading.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
Quote:

Snibe wrote:
Quote:

brian_em wrote:
Go ask the guy holding the hammer for his permit. #crybaby

+1

+2
get over it.

+3

Posted on: 2012/2/13 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Snibe wrote:
Quote:

brian_em wrote:

+1

+2
get over it.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 23:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brian_em wrote:

+1

Posted on: 2012/2/13 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/2/13 22:15

Permits for Snookie?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/13 21:54
Group:
Registered Users
Seems they are building an entire room on the first floor - former bay where they used to park the fire trucks.

I see no permits posted.

Why is it that when I want to add a closet in my home, I have to go to the building dept - wait months for approval, and then use locally approved contractors, and post permits while work is being done. AND then get re-inspected by the building inspector.

But these guy's, within a matter of days - are building an entire structure (inside a historic building in the historic district) with out building dept oversight or permits and with non-building dept approved contractors.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

This may be a back door way to make this thing stop. Anybody want to run with it?

Also - seems this is commercial activity within an area zoned for residential only.

When Healy announced approval - they mentioned that "all departments" had been consulted and approved. But I bet he was referring to film permits / cultural arts, etc. - not the nuts and bolts of building department, fire department, historic preservation, and zoning.

A quick call could bring this all to a quick halt.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
Quote:

HighFiveCity wrote:
coming back home from the kraverie around 4pm i saw a move in truck outside of the aforementioned building. the front door was wide open. looked like a nice ascending stair case ....?

I wonder if that place had been on the market long

That place has been on the market for years. I'm sure the advertising it gets now will get it sold quickly.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes. Timothy McVeigh was a creepy white hick. Those guys should make you nervous too. AND there are tons of those guys living in Jersey City now!

But again... Until little girls with spray tans and chetah print skirts bomb a building, I'm cool with them living in my hood.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Also, yes, I'm sorry I passed judgement. I could be wrong. The show could be "JWOW" and "Snooki" teaching children science like Bill Nye. Or it could be an educational show for pre-school kids like sesame street. Or, it could be a show about Jersey City and our historical roots to the revolutionary war. Wait wait, maybe it's a political show in which "Jwow" and "Snooki" teach us how we are too partisan and how we should come together for the better good.

You're right, it might be any of these things! Give me a break...

Yeah. That's exactly what I meant. Right to a T. Just because it's a show that doesn't fit into YOUR realm and is what YOU like, then it will ruin EVERYONE ELSE'S life right? Get a hobby and stop worrying about something that will probably have zero impact on your life, the city, or the city's future. Cameras following 2 drunk girls around is going to be the end of the world. Jersey City will never recover. But when everyone in the mayor's administration is arrested on an FBI sting and he says "I knew nothing," the response is, "well it's Jersey City, business as usual." Worry about something that actually WILL affect you.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/2/13 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/25 16:52
Group:
Banned
Brian_em +1. Haa.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brian_em wrote:
Remember the 911 commission report says that a handful of conspirators lived in Jersey City?

Remember in 2007, when the feds carted away a clerk at a grove street bodega because he was actually a Pakistani assassin?

Today, there was another "parade". Men yelling arabic through a megaphone down montgomery and grove street?Assembling at city hall. #Noise #traffic problems #paidpolicepresence

AND, no one bats an eye. No facebook group, No online petition...

"Now, I'm not saying all muslims are terrorist...I'm just saying they might be." - Cartman

AND, until a bunch of spray-tanned girls in chetah print mini skirts fly a commercial airplane into a skycraper?I'm cool with them living in my neighborhood.

Timothy McVeigh was white. No white dudes, either. kthxbye. #safernow

Posted on: 2012/2/13 13:04

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017