Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
If you really don't like it, you can sign this:
https://www.change.org/petitions/mtv-t ... e-spin-off-in-jersey-city

Posted on: 2012/2/9 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
True, you know those sleazy stripper clubs which the NYC mayor got rid of? Let's bring them here!

Good for business!

What happened to those Tonnelle Prostitutes? They were good for business too!

Let's also have those legal pot shops in CA - good for business.
What else is good for business that is depraved, dirty, and considered the dregs of society? Let's show them how "friendly" we are.

There is a reason the Hoboken mayor denied them permits. It's because she knew the short term gain - boost in income in whatever restaurants they visit - will not outweigh the long term negative aspect of this...

Just think to yourself - When you think of a clean family beach to go to, how many beaches pop into your mind before Seaside Heights? Yeah..I thought so. Use your brains for a second...

Prude.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Like them or not, the temporary residence of these two girls will provide more of a benefit to the city than most of you could provide in a lifetime.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
True, you know those sleazy stripper clubs which the NYC mayor got rid of? Let's bring them here!

Good for business!

What happened to those Tonnelle Prostitutes? They were good for business too!

Let's also have those legal pot shops in CA - good for business.
What else is good for business that is depraved, dirty, and considered the dregs of society? Let's show them how "friendly" we are.

There is a reason the Hoboken mayor denied them permits. It's because she knew the short term gain - boost in income in whatever restaurants they visit - will not outweigh the long term negative aspect of this...

Just think to yourself - When you think of a clean family beach to go to, how many beaches pop into your mind before Seaside Heights? Yeah..I thought so. Use your brains for a second...

Posted on: 2012/2/9 19:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
I agree. Why would we make them feel unwelcome almost guaranteeing a negative response to our city? Maybe this will have a positive impact and drive traffic to local stores and restaurants. Who knows, it may even attract businesses who wouldn't have otherwise thought of Jersey City.

This could go either way, but treating our guests poorly is a sure fire way to get negative publicity.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 19:40

Councilman Fulop unhappy with Jersey City's 'Jersey Shore' permit Read more: Hudson Reporter - Coun
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/2/9 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I have no problem with them filming here. It would only be for a few weeks. It may be good exposure for Jersey City.

Funny, even 1010WINS was wondering if Healy would join the cast since he has experience fighting, getting arrested, and going naked on his front porch.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 19:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/29 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
It might be time to step back a little. To the the people who are super furious about this, I assume it's because you don't like the idea that the highest visibility your city is going to get is through the filter of a sleazy reality TV show.

But think about it, do you really care what either of the two following groups think about where you live:

a) the people who are dedicated fans of 'Jersey Shore,' the show you can't stand

b) the people who believe a sleazy reality TV show is going to provide an accurate depiction of the city it's in?

Just roll with it. Walk the other way when you see the cameras coming and laugh at the ladies when the season finally airs.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Not all press is good press and not all business is good business. There is a difference between being famous and being infamous.

It's a shame that those most affected by this - the residents of jersey city, have no say in whether they want the filming or not.

There is one thing you can do - is to vote those who support this out. Mayor Healy doesn't get it and he never will...at least Fulop's comments make sense.

To be honest, I rather have the gas pipeline than the jersey shore..at least with the gas pipeline, there is a chance it won't blow up and destroy jersey city. With the jersey shore - you have about a 0% chance of it being positive.

If I see either of them in the street, I would give them a nice fck you jersey city welcome

Posted on: 2012/2/9 18:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
One of the few beauties of reality television is the whole season will be filmed in a few weeks at most. Maybe one of our wonderful local sandwich making establishments will make a Jersey Shore spin-off Sandwich. I suggest a Taylor ham and egg with a side of "thanks for all the negative press".

Posted on: 2012/2/9 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BadCircles wrote:
Jersey City joins an odd lot of host cities for this show. How often would you put Seaside Heights, Miami, Florence and JC in the same sentence?

Given that there aren't any clubs here, I wonder if the producers will fashion some kind pop-up club in a warehouse downtown. At the very least, they can put a disco ball in Healy's Tavern.

If the girls like dumplings, they can go hang out and drink in Golden Cicada!!

Posted on: 2012/2/9 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/15 0:21
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
snowflake20 wrote:
Everyone outside of the JC/Hoboken area thinks that JC is a crime riddled ghetto. So maybe the new show will show that you wont get shot by a gang member if you hang out in downtown.

Yeah?you have got to take the good with the bad on this on.

Friends from the burbs called me after seeing the piece on Fox 5 last night. They never heard of Marco & Pepe before and didn?t know JC had nice little places like that. They saw it and thought it was an interesting place. They now want me to take them there.

It was funny watching Healy talk about the show saying he is too old to party and hang out with them. All that went through my head was that incident years ago when he came stumbling out of his house after a night at the local bar half naked in a towel and someone took a picture. A classic? he would fit right in. Mayor Jerramiah ?the towel? Healy.

Hey speaking of class did anyone watch last weeks episode (you know you all watch the show , how else would you know about their antics in such detail) when Snooki peed like a horse outside under the stairs of the shore house? Or when she peed her self in the bar? (Attention JC businesses get those mops and disinfectant ready) Come to think of it Farley to me is the only one who isn?t that messed up on the show. She actually tries to calm things down when they get out of hand. (and she ain't too hard on the eyes either)

It is going to go either way. It will either highlight JC?s good points. Or they are going to make a mockery of JC. Somehow I see the script writers having them go shopping up JS or in India Square and making a joke out of it. Also how much do you want to bet there will be at least one episode with them in Healy?s son?s tavern? Or them getting lost in da hood. Or saying JC is dead nothing to do or where are all the pumped up guys? (hey DTJC dudes there's still time to pump up)

If the Newport Mall managing company was smart (Hudson Mall maybe?) they would try and get the script writers to have J and S work in a store in Newport. The foot traffic in the mall would increase by 100%. Even after they were gone people(?) would come to the mall to see where J and S worked. (you know creepy 07310 would camp out every day looking for an autograph or a peek of Jwoww)

The below Star Ledger piece has pictures of the inside of the firehouse. Another plus because people will see how cool the inside of that place is and it may spark more interest in JC real estate.(it sort of already looks like an MTV real world pad) It is 38 Mercer St right? Any one know the owners? (I bet they are hiding out) Does anyone know how much MTV is renting it for? I bet the owners are getting a bundle of cash.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index ... _jersey_city_spino_1.html

Greatest thing that came out of this announcement so far?I never knew that Z100?s Scary Jones and Fox5 news guy John Huddy lived in good old JC. Maybe they lurk on jclist. (now where did I put my autograph book)

Posted on: 2012/2/9 17:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/29 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City joins an odd lot of host cities for this show. How often would you put Seaside Heights, Miami, Florence and JC in the same sentence?

Given that there aren't any clubs here, I wonder if the producers will fashion some kind pop-up club in a warehouse downtown. At the very least, they can put a disco ball in Healy's Tavern.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
It would be great if Jersey Shore showes people how close to Jersey City. I am always amazed when I meet people who say they have to live in NY eventhough they live on the outer edges of Queens or Brooklyn and pay more than Jersey City.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 16:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 17:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The owners of Powerhouse are probably celebrating their great victory.

Very true. Can't think of anywhere else those two would hang out. My guess is they spend zero time in JC, most time across the river.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elonepb wrote:
Oh GREAT. I LIVE on this block.

Where the heck are Snooki and J Woww going to go in Jersey City?

The beer garden would be another candidate. This sounds like it was a no brainer for team Healy, seeing as he is already famous for his Jersey Shore antics, getting in a bar fights and such. God help us all.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
From what I've read, the show is supposed to be about the two girls getting a job. Who knows how much partying they are going to do in JC anyway. NYC is just a short PATH ride away.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elonepb wrote:

Who the hell knows where they are going to go. This makes no sense ... it seems as if the shows producers/location scouts didn't do their homework. Downtown JC is an artsy/restaurant and pub scene, not a screaming, crazy party. Again, this is a big "WTF?".

Posted on: 2012/2/9 15:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 12:14
Group:
Registered Users
As someone who lives on this block - I'm not looking forward to this at all. Its a great quiet little area surrounding the park with lots of families and a relaxed non party vibe, I'd hate for that to be interrupted. And since there is already barely enough parking for residences the idea of any space taken up by production etc just gives me a headache. Also how would this help the housing market in Grove/Downtown? Its spendy as it is....Seriously disappointed in city administration, I like my neighborhood just the way it is, full of locals. Thanks anyway.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
The real irony is that this show concept is perfect for Hoboken - yet they turned the show down.

This show is not a fit at all for JC, it's a real head scratcher - and yet our buffoon leaders happily accept the money, err, "recognition".

Parts of The Sopranos was filmed in JC, you could have said the same thing about that show. Whenever I go though the covered roadway from the Holland tunnel I'm always reminded of the opening sequence to The Sopranos.

This is going to enrich the off duty JC police who are assigned to this show.

Actually the Sopranos IS a fit for JC, with corruption etc ... 2 dumb bimbos looking for a dance party ... not so much a fit for JC.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I don't watch the show. Personally, I think it's awful and I hate the "Jersey" connection. However, I don't really think it's that horrible they are filming here. JC is a pretty big city and downtown is pretty big too so I'm sure the city can make room for filming.

I can see why Hoboken said no, they are a tiny town with barely any parking and very residential. They already have a ton of people at the bars etc, this would make things even more crazy. JC just doesn't have the nightlife that Hoboken has, so I can't imagine it would be any where as bad as it would be if they filmed in in Hoboken.

Everyone outside of the JC/Hoboken area thinks that JC is a crime riddled ghetto. So maybe the new show will show that you wont get shot by a gang member if you hang out in downtown.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 15:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/25 22:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/2/9 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Now this is gonna be fun.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
The opening sequence to the Sopranos (please lets not even categorize real actors with these poofs) is shot from the LINCOLN Tunnel.

Are we that low that we really care about JC being on 'tv' etc..etc..to build some kind of self esteem about where we live.."hey, i live in JC, that is where snooki and jwow show is filmed"...*listening to the oooozzzz and ahhhhhhhhhzzz

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/2 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
I live around the block from Mercer/Grove corner and was moving my car this morning (for street sweeping). They have already begun to renovate/move things into out of the old firehouse by Marco and Pepe. They have put No Parking signs for about a half block radius in front of the house. News 12 and other news networks were there reporting already.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
The real irony is that this show concept is perfect for Hoboken - yet they turned the show down.

This show is not a fit at all for JC, it's a real head scratcher - and yet our buffoon leaders happily accept the money, err, "recognition".

Parts of The Sopranos was filmed in JC, you could have said the same thing about that show. Whenever I go though the covered roadway from the Holland tunnel I'm always reminded of the opening sequence to The Sopranos.

This is going to enrich the off duty JC police who are assigned to this show.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy says he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national ... 1zltQ3c0ArN#ixzz1lteMwefV

More evidence (as if there has not been enough already) that Mr. Healy is clueless, idealess, and has no inkling of what he is doing as mayor. I am certain he has not even watched more than 3 minutes of 'Jersey Shore'. If he did, he would not believe a sorry ass show like this would be an opportunity to promote Jersey City, except in a negative light. Good on Ya Healy.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/2/9 14:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/6 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
Off duty cops will be hired, this won't be a distraction for on-duty cops.

And I say this is a good thing. It will attract business to JC, and make us feel like more of a destination.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 14:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
As if the parking wasn't bad enough already.

Mindless idiots!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/9 14:34

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017