Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Loitering
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
OH MY GOD, SHUT UP ALREADY!

Posted on: 2012/2/5 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I don?t know why a home owner would be leery about using the sound emitting anti loitering deterrents. There are some stores in the malls that use them all of the time. I can attest to it! Every time I go into the Hollister store at a mall I almost pass out. I see tons of young people heading right in with no problems. I am a curious person so I want to know what?s going on behind those louvered doors in that dark space. What am I missing? (the last time I saw people going into dark spaces with louvered doors with smiles on their faces was at Peep World on 42nd street) I have yet to make it to the back of a dam Hollister store. I always get about half way in walking pass the young hip sales people with disgusted looks on their faces. I swear I heard one of them say ?what is that old man doing in here..make the music louder?. (aka.. turn up the old person deterrent) It is kind of sad the rejection reminds me of my younger days down the Jersey Shore. Whenever I told a suburban chick I was from JC they would have that same disgusted look on their face. (they were probably some of your mother?s)

After I make it about half way in the darkness I suddenly feel dizzy, my chest starts to thump and I feel blood rushing to my face. (sort of reminds me of going into the Butterfly Head shop up JScare in the 70?s, but that was a good feeling) As I am stumbling out I remember that Hollister has those two big comfy chairs at the entrance. But NOT to my surprise just as I am home free and about to plop down in one. Two of those young hip sales people rush ahead of me and jump in them.(so much for the customer comes first) Leaving me no other choice but to aimlessly wander out of the store. Thank God there is always an Annie?s Pretzel near by for me to get a small drink using my AARP discount card.

Posted on: 2012/2/5 20:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/9 20:50
Group:
Banned
I dont condone these but there are loitering deterenats that you can buy.
they are basically the same things that some people use for rat control.
they are motion sensored and emit a high pitch frequency whenever triggered.
very annoying.
there are also products out there that emit a noise that "supposedly" only emit a frequency that younger people can hear.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
No, simply projecting more than there are and running halting behavioral hypotheses on the impact of some words. Smell is way more effective on people behaviour.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 3:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
FAB you may do yourself good by going to the aids walk, you would see how blatinos gays and str8 now constitute the majority of the crowd there. Homophobia is no more prevalent in minority youths than in others, your projection of behaviour based on some "funny" writing seems rather fast ass crap to me. Better try something fishy.

Didn't you read the word 'ignorant' in my message !

Posted on: 2012/2/3 1:18
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
FAB you may do yourself good by going to the aids walk, you would see how blatinos gays and str8 now constitute the majority of the crowd there. Homophobia is no more prevalent in minority youths than in others, your projection of behaviour based on some "funny" writing seems rather fast ass crap to me. Better try something fishy.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 0:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Crushthedemoniac wrote: Quote:
If I was a loiterer and you played me some Neil Diamond I might just stick around a little longer.

Hey demon sorry for the Neil dis up above. But I am sure Neil would only want you to ?Stay for just a while? no longer. I am a fan also but not a big a fan as the dudes in Saving Silverman. (although if that monster burned all of my Neil albums I too would be very pissed!)

No harm no foul. I'm only a closet Neil Diamond fan anyway. The only reason I admit it here is because of the anonymity.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 23:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Crushthedemoniac wrote: Quote:
If I was a loiterer and you played me some Neil Diamond I might just stick around a little longer.

Hey demon sorry for the Neil dis up above. But I am sure Neil would only want you to ?Stay for just a while? no longer. I am a fan also but not a big a fan as the dudes in Saving Silverman. (although if that monster burned all of my Neil albums I too would be very pissed!)

Posted on: 2012/2/2 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Your average black or latino ignorant hetrosexual youth that do loiter, are extremely homophobic and thats why the chalk comment would work. Loitering is at times a form of status and ownership of a particular area.

Just like little boys, if the sign says 'girls only area' with things painted in pink, they won't go there.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 21:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The funny thing about it there are signs that say no loitering all through out the city, some sections do not have the signs this is why u need to contact your councilman/woman and let them know, I just had my councilman put up signs near my home "pick up after your dog", but the loitering signs only work if the cops in this town enforce it. Yeah the gay people sit here was dumb, did not see any logic in that. Another good thing is start a block association get your neighbors involved, Greenville has a bigger advantage than any other section of JC. Greenville has the most home owners, only 40% of its residents are renters unlike downtown where only 20% are home owners and 80% are renters. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2012/2/2 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
There are some really innovative and fascinating solutions on this thread. It got me thinking. If we combine this thread with the dog poop thread we could possibly kill two birds with one stone. (or load in this case) Maybe NewDadJC can work something out with Valsambritki and the woman with the white dogs. If both offended parties chip in 5 bucks a piece every day it would be a win, win, win situation.

Get in touch with the woman at 89 Mercer ask her nicely if she would be willing to take a short dollar bus ride once a day over to Greenville. (as I recall dogs do poopie once a day)

The lazy woman with the two dogs wins she gets a little exercise, 5 bucks for bus fare, and 5 bucks to buy something nice for ?Bridget?. All for just letting her poo-ches (no pun intended) drop a deuce in front of Valsambritki?s house. *

Valsambritki wins because no loiterer in their right mind would go anywhere near a pile of dog crap with a 175 dollar pair of J?s on. Do you know how long it takes to carve crap out of the webbing on the bottom of a sneaker? You would need a 50 pack of tooth picks for just one shoe alone. (and god only knows what a poop incident would do to the resale value of Jordan?s)

And last but not least NewDadNJ wins he will now be able to spend more precious time with his new kid. No more spending hours of time cleaning the crap out of his shoes. (its bad enough he probably has to wash his new kids crap out of? EVERYTHING!)

*-if a normal poop is not working maybe the $10 fee could be upped a little to encourage the lazy woman to change her dog?s diet to something that will produce a more ?substantial? result.

Hey I think this thread combining idea could really catch on. How about we combine the ?crazy lady stealing plants? thread with the ?pit bulls on the loose? thread. I bet that would stop her nasty sticky finger habit real fast! (can?t do much gardening with no fingers) Ah the combinations are endless. Although some threads would probably remain mate-less. I can?t see combining the ?large human turd found on park sliding pond? thread with anything. Much too creepy..even for JC.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
What the hell does Gay people sit here have to do with anything. What next. Blacks sit here. Asians sit here etc. What a stupid comment.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
[img][/img]

Posted on: 2012/2/2 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
If you want to go the fat-ass-bike route?how about setting up some of those hidden rock type speakers in front of your house. The kind they have in Disney World. Play a few Neil Diamond or better yet Eminem cd?s in a loop. It will surely drive them all away.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 16:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe you can ask them to guard your potted flowers. Spring is coming and I am sure the 'flower thief' will be on the prowl again.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Better still, get chalk and write on the side-walk GAY PEOPLE SIT HERE with arrows pointing to where they loiter - It's offensive to gay people, but should work !

Posted on: 2012/2/2 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
if they're sitting on your stoop, draw all over the steps with kids' sidewalk chalk. (make adorable amateurish drawings, so they think it's the work of an actual kid, and not a homeowner being a dick.) nobody wants to sit in chalk.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 4:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
If you want to go the fat-ass-bike route?how about setting up some of those hidden rock type speakers in front of your house. The kind they have in Disney World. Play a few Neil Diamond or better yet Eminem cd?s in a loop. It will surely drive them all away.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 12:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Simple passive solution - Get some 'blood and bone' fertilizer or a fish - mix brew that is on the nose. Another favorite is manure (horse/sheep/cow).

Just place it on your garden or in a large pot (potted plant) for a few days (friday / saturday nights), then if not immediately, the loitering will stop and they will move to a new location.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 5:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Valsambritki I see you are a ?newbie?. Did you just move to JC this winter? I don?t want to alarm you but if you think the loitering is bad in the winter just wait until the summer months. Yes like others have said it is bad all over.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I hate to point this out, but it happens all the time downtown, particularly at the intersections of Newark Ave, Erie and Barrow. There is a pair of smack fiends (who coincidentally were basically having sex a few weeks ago on Third Street) and their chums who like to hang out there.

Another location is at the corner of Newark and Coles where a number of fellows tend to gather.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 3:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Email your councilman or call him up, let him know what you are dealing with.
Ward A (Greenville) Councilman
Michael Sottolano
City Hall, 280 Grove Street
Room 206
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: (201) 547-5098
Fax: (201) 547-4678
email: SottolanoM@jcnj.org

Posted on: 2012/2/1 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
It happens at the Downtown Pathmark parking lot too..

Posted on: 2012/2/1 2:38

Loitering

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/2 0:37
Group:
Registered Users
I live near The Glenn Cunningham library. It's a wonderful library but the amount of young males loitering is terrible. The loitering in the Greenville section is terrible. I go outside to ask some of the young men to move from the front of my property and I am usually cursed out. I am a taxpayer, a family person and a hard worker. I should not have to tolerate this on a daily basis. I've called the Police Helpline, but by the time they come the offenders are usually gone. This type of behavior would never be tolerated in the Downtown Jersey City area, so why do I have to deal with it. I REALLY REALLY NEED HELP. I'm a homeowner and I should have the same rights and protection.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 2:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017