Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
yeesh. I can't wait for the late night drunken path rides

Posted on: 2012/2/9 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
The article states:"Like all other films, there will be a requirement for hired police services paid for by the film company to reduce any impact on the public,? Morrill said.

The Jersey City Police Department is already undermanned and has trouble enforcing laws consistently. This filming will have an impact on the public by taking some cops away from their duties. This is going to be a bad distraction for the police.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have no idea why the producers and location scouts would pick JC, honestly. What is here for them? Any nightlife that is here is not their style, or even close to it. Maybe if the Sandbar was still around, but this gets a real "WTF" from me.

Why wouldn't they do a show across the river? Were the producers that desperate to keep the show "in Jersey"??

I really wish the show, and MTV, would just go away with this garbage.

Also, I thought it was impossible to lose even more faith in our leadership in JC, but it has occurred. Hoboken turned this down for a reason. Never thought I'd say this, but Hoboken is looking classier than JC. They at least have pride in their town, and they have leadership. Healy sounds like such an idiot with that quote, honestly.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
This could really help the local shops and housing market.

On another note, someone should open a tee shirt shop straight away.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 12:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
'Jersey' City? Uh, 'Shore.' MTV show spinoff can shoot there after Hoboken rebuff

Hoboken had feared the show would be bad for city's reputation

By Richard Huff / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:44 PM

Hoboken?s loss is Jersey City?s gain.

After being denied by Hoboken, MTV has gotten permission to shoot a ?Jersey Shore? spin-off in nearby Jersey City.

?My view is the more people that see anything about Jersey City and see what we have in Jersey, the better it is for Jersey City,? Mayor Jerramiah Healy told WNYW/Ch. 5?s John Huddy, who broke the story.

Show producer 495 Productions has gotten a permit to shoot for six weeks in a home near the corner of Grove and Mercer Sts., according to the Ch. 5 report. Production will begin this month.

The two-story building is described as an old firehouse.

Word of the permit being granted in Jersey City comes a week after leaders in Hoboken nixed the idea, saying it would be bad for the city?s reputation.

Now in its fifth season, ?Jersey Shore? follows a group of twentysomethings living and playing in Seaside Heights, N.J.

The show has generated huge ratings, and just as much negative attention for heaving boozing, hot tub shennanigans, and an occassional fist fight.

Given the popularity MTV has ordered two spin-offs, one of them starring cast members Jennifer (JWoww) Farley and Nicole (Snooki) Polizzi.

MTV has given few details about the concept. However, Ch. 5 reported the idea was always to have them live in Jersey City and party in Hoboken. Now, the show will focus on Jersey City.

City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill confirmed the permit was granted after a full review by all agencies, including the police.

The city is, however, making it clear Snooki and JWoww need to be good neighbors.

?Like all other films, there will be a requirement for hired police services paid for by the film company to reduce any impact on the public,? Morrill said.

?Additionally, the cast and crew of the Jersey Shore spinoff, like everyone else, will be required to follow all the laws of the State of New Jersey and the City of Jersey City, and to show respect for their neighbors.?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/natio ... e-1.1019570#ixzz1lr5Jt7My

Posted on: 2012/2/9 4:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Why cant they film in the shitholes they live in? Why is this city attracting assholes ? If its not yuppies its orange guidos, go away!

This affects your life how?

In ways you'll never know kid

Posted on: 2012/2/9 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Why cant they film in the shitholes they live in? Why is this city attracting assholes ? If its not yuppies its orange guidos, go away!

This affects your life how?

Posted on: 2012/2/9 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/2/9 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You gotta be f**king kidding me

Posted on: 2012/2/9 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
It's happening... Apparently MTV film crews were scouting at K9dergarten yesterday.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
oh, for the love of chlamydia...

Posted on: 2012/2/9 2:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
While on the Fruit store a few weeks back on Grove I overheard someone asking around for film permits. Wasn't sure if it was for the fruit store or for a nearby location--either way, sounds like the two are related.

Twitter feeds are saying the apartment is in the old firehouse on Mercer, behind Marco & Pepe.

Same twitter feed said Marco & Pepe and The Merchant are not allowing filming. Wouldn't this show be attracted to the water and the skyline, so Boca Grande, Azucar, Michael Anthonys, would seem logical.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 2:47

Re: FOX NEWS TONIGHT:Jersey Shore Coming to Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
It'll be fun to watch JC on tv.

Posted on: 2012/2/9 2:07

FOX NEWS TONIGHT:Jersey Shore Coming to Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/1 18:47
Group:
Registered Users
A Fox News camera crew was posted outside City Hall around 5:00PM this evening. I thought they were here to cover a City Council meeting, but no, they are here to get JC residents' reactions to the announcement that Jersey Shore will be filming its next season here in JC, using the fire house on Mercer St (next to Marco&Pepe) as their home base.

Hoboken said "no" apparently, but, of course, our City government is approving permits for the shooting to happen, supposedly starting next week (according to Fox news person).

Ugh.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/jerse ... -jersey-city-20120208-akd

Posted on: 2012/2/9 1:52

'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City

Updated: Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 6:12 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 6:12 PM EST

MYFOX NEW YORK STAFF REPORT

MYFOXNY.COM EXCLUSIVE - Hoboken's loss is Jersey City's gain -- at least from the point of view of fans of "The Jersey Shore."

The producers of a spin-off of the MTV hit starring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "J-WOWW" Farley obtained filming permits from Jersey City officials and signed deals with local bar and restaurant owners, Fox 5's John Huddy reported.

Recently, Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer rejected a request by the production company, 495 Productions, to shoot the show in her city, citing a need to protect "public safety and quality of life concerns for Hoboken residents."

She also warned 495 Productions and MTV that Hoboken would not tolerate unauthorized shooting.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/jerse ... 0120208-akd#ixzz1lqRiYqtL

Posted on: 2012/2/9 1:45

Re: Jersey Shore coming to Jersey City?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Snooki and JWoww say Hoboken Mayor Zimmer's denial of filming permit will cost her city an economic windfall

February 02, 2012, 3:00 AM
By Travis Fedschun/The Jersey Journal

The morning after learning Hoboken has denied a filming permit for their ?Jersey Shore? spin-off, cast members Nicole ?Snooki? Polizzi and Jenni ?JWoww? Farley took to the airwaves to share their reactions to the news.

The pair appeared on the ?The Big Show with Scott & Todd? yesterday morning on 95.5 WPLJ and told listeners their new show will be different from ?Jersey Shore,? the reality show that spawned their ?stardom.?

The pair was shown a picture of Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer and were asked if they recognized her. After giving confused looks to each other, Polizzi and Farley were told it was Zimmer and they shared a laugh.

?Not everyone is going to like us. At the end of the day it?s her loss. I love Hoboken. No hate. Maybe she (Zimmer) just doesn?t like our tans, I don?t know,? said Polizzi.

Farley added that any spin-off show could mean an economic boom for the municipality willing to host it.

?We?re just trying to help the economy in Jersey and we?re trying to bring profit to it. What?s wrong with that?? asked Farley.

Farley and Polizzi added that they were unaware that the untitled show?s producers were even considering Hoboken as a filming location.

?We didn?t even know about Hoboken. We?re hearing the reports just like you guys,? Farley said. ?If we were given the opportunity in a city in Jersey, I would want someone to come in to bring profit, to bring recognition to my city,? she added.

Last month, The Jersey Journal reported that MTV officials were scouting locations in Hoboken and Jersey City as home base for the women during filming.

While the Hoboken filming permit was denied, officials in Jersey City said this week the production company has shown interest in filming there, but has not yet submitted a completed application.

?The city of Jersey City has been in discussions with the producers of the planned Jersey Shore spin-off, but we are still awaiting a completed film permit application,? said Jersey City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill.

MTV Networks and 495 Productions could not be reached for comment.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

colleen wrote:
I heard from a little bird that MTv just signed a lease on a property on 4th Street!!!

4th and Bloomfield, that is.

Thank God, that was close!

I'll believe it when I see it. Hoboken's mayor and administration have pride in their city. Our administration has no pride.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
I heard from a little bird that MTv just signed a lease on a property on 4th Street!!!

4th and Bloomfield, that is.

Thank God, that was close!

Posted on: 2012/1/20 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's so silly how they are trying to keep this spinoff within the borders of NJ, just to able to still say that these girls are "Jersey tough" or something ridiculous like that. These girls have nothing to do with anything in Hudson County, why the hell bring that nonsense here? Send them to Syracuse or Albany if they want a different locale. They are suburban NYers ... I wish they would tear down their own state's reputation.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 18:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/19 21:16
Group:
Registered Users
It is actually the producers of "Jersey Shore", it would only be Snooki & JWoww, their spin off show, moving to either Jersey City or Hoboken. Those are the top two places on their list. It will definitely be filmed at a place downtown if JC is chosen.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Only JWoww is from NY of the two Snooki is from NJ. People like to lie and say the "Jersey Shore" cast are mostly from NY but they are not. They just say that because they don't want people out of state to think people are like that in NJ. Anyone that has been to seaside knows It is a NJ/NY crowd just like if it was in Wildwood it would make sense to have a NJ/PA cast.
Deena-New Egypt, NJ Snooki-Marlboro, NJ Sammi-Hazlet, NJ The Situation-Manalapan, NJ Vinnie-Staten Island,NY Ronnie-Bronx, NY JWoww-Franklin Square, NY Pauly D-Johnston, RI

2 from NJ
6 from NY
1 from RI

How is it "lying" when people say they are mostly from NY?

Posted on: 2012/1/20 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
With our fair share of brain dead morons living in JC, this show will indicate high ratings from our local viewers and thus, a perfect location.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 10:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
  Check out the middle of the video where jclist footage from the police protest was used!

Posted on: 2012/1/20 6:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
You are right I just checked. Some sites say New Jersey most say NY.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
I hate to admit that I know this, but Snooki is from Marlboro, NY, not Marlboro, NJ.

Of the cast, two were born in NJ. Three were raised in NJ.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
What the hell do those two suburban New Yorkers have anything, and I mean anything to do with Jersey City? Don't I speak for everybody when I say ... "WTF??"Quote:

neverleft wrote:
To quote Mike the Situation ?what?s up wit all da negativity and hating??

It would really put JC on the map. (what map I don?t know) but people(?) from all over the world converge on $ea$ide now.

Would have really been cool if they set them up in a house in Bergen-Lafayette / Greenville. Although the people in da hood probably wouldn?t want them either.

Looks like it is only two of them?bummer.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... re_spinoff_series_st.html

Only JWoww is from NY of the two Snooki is from NJ. People like to lie and say the "Jersey Shore" cast are mostly from NY but they are not. They just say that because they don't want people out of state to think people are like that in NJ. Anyone that has been to seaside knows It is a NJ/NY crowd just like if it was in Wildwood it would make sense to have a NJ/PA cast.
Deena-New Egypt, NJ Snooki-Marlboro, NJ Sammi-Hazlet, NJ The Situation-Manalapan, NJ Vinnie-Staten Island,NY Ronnie-Bronx, NY JWoww-Franklin Square, NY Pauly D-Johnston, RI

Posted on: 2012/1/20 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HobbiesOdd wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Hobbies what are you talking about?

Look what Jennifer has to say about JC.
(she must be into fiction novels)

?Even Snooki and the cast of ?Jersey Shore? know that we have everything great restaurants, hotels, culture, diversity and proximity to New York City without New York City prices,? Jersey City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said in a statement.

?Those are many of the reasons people decide to move to Jersey City and why our city has become a choice of film producers who know we are home to great locations, great amenities and that we are business- and film-friendly,? Morrill added.
Buy the JJ....a real star!

I've produced four commercials that were filmed here and developed two films which eventually shot elsewhere. Maybe the beaurocracy is different if you're backed by an NBC budget, but in my more "independent" experience the ridiculous fees (including park fees, police fees, fire inspector fees.... All of which NYC doesn't have) and the exhaustive red tape made Jersey City a very unfriendly film environment.

That being said, I know the budget of Jersey Shore is significantly less than the budget of Mercy, therefore all the potential trouble may be too much of a headache for the production.
Many reality shows have been filming in JC recently so I am assuming it is even easier for reality shows. Shows like Jerseylicious, Love And Hip Hop and House Wives of NJ all of done scenes here and Hoboken. I see it as a good thing for the city because it brings in more money. NJ is hot right now on TV and more and more Jersey themed shows keep coming out, we should cash in with the rest of the state. Just seeing some of the restaurants and cafes on the shows has me tempted to go because I never knew how nice some where or that they existed and I am from JC.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 0:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/20 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
It would really put JC on the map. (what map I don?t know) but people(?) from all over the world converge on $ea$ide now.

Yes, it would put Jersey City on the map again, for current pop culture. And for the short time this is part of pop culture, it would be great for Jersey City to benefit in terms of revenue from people coming to visit. I'm fan of the show, so I don't understand the hate from most posters.

Posted on: 2012/1/19 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
frankly, if they tape the show before the reval is finished, it will benefit the community ...

i am sure prices and values will plummet ...

we should welcome them with open arms ...

Posted on: 2012/1/18 22:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Hobbies what are you talking about?

Look what Jennifer has to say about JC.
(she must be into fiction novels)

?Even Snooki and the cast of ?Jersey Shore? know that we have everything great restaurants, hotels, culture, diversity and proximity to New York City without New York City prices,? Jersey City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said in a statement.

?Those are many of the reasons people decide to move to Jersey City and why our city has become a choice of film producers who know we are home to great locations, great amenities and that we are business- and film-friendly,? Morrill added.
Buy the JJ....a real star!

I've produced four commercials that were filmed here and developed two films which eventually shot elsewhere. Maybe the beaurocracy is different if you're backed by an NBC budget, but in my more "independent" experience the ridiculous fees (including park fees, police fees, fire inspector fees.... All of which NYC doesn't have) and the exhaustive red tape made Jersey City a very unfriendly film environment.

That being said, I know the budget of Jersey Shore is significantly less than the budget of Mercy, therefore all the potential trouble may be too much of a headache for the production.

Posted on: 2012/1/18 16:09

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017