Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Medical bills from 1+ year ago
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
The provider should not be allowed to balance bill you. You should ha e received rights with your denial letter. One last bit of info. They may be able to ask for money if you went a non par provider without approval.

Posted on: 2012/1/17 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
If I let this go to collections (the doctor's office is not negotiating), is that really a hit to my credit rating? and would that ever go away? What are the other negative impact of this?

Trying to understand all the angles to figure out what to do here...

thanks much.

Posted on: 2012/1/17 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Call your insurance company first. Ask them to send you copies of what was paid out. Some companies (B/C & B/S of NJ) have contracts with doctors and doctors accept what B/C&B/S pays them and write off the rest. The policyholder or subscriber usually will owe nothing. So make sure you owe it before contacting the Dr. office. Seems a little odd that you are just getting the bill now? Definitely check it out and you may be surprised to find out you don't really owe it !

Posted on: 2012/1/16 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What is the initial / final adverse determination letter? do I get that from the doctor's office, or from the insurance company? Sorry, new to these types of things. Also, what is the "contract"? I assume that's different from the bill/invoice? I don't remember signing a contract when I visited the office...

Thanks!

Quote:

trambone wrote:
I work in the industry sadly and doctor's offices and hospitals try this all the time. Re-read your initial adverse determination and final adverse determination letters and it might mention what you owe. They cannot balance bill unless its stated in your contract.

Posted on: 2012/1/16 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
I work in the industry sadly and doctor's offices and hospitals try this all the time. Re-read your initial adverse determination and final adverse determination letters and it might mention what you owe. They cannot balance bill unless its stated in your contract.

Posted on: 2012/1/16 6:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/10 16:39
From Donny City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
I'm sure they can make you pay after a year. The alternative is that it goes through collections and you will have nasty people calling you all of the time and it goes on your credit rating.

If I were you, call the doctor's office and see if they can knock down the pricing. Also call your insurance company to make sure that you actually do owe the balance.

You left out the part about lawsuits, lawyers and judges

Posted on: 2012/1/15 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure they can make you pay after a year. The alternative is that it goes through collections and you will have nasty people calling you all of the time and it goes on your credit rating.

If I were you, call the doctor's office and see if they can knock down the pricing. Also call your insurance company to make sure that you actually do owe the balance.

Posted on: 2012/1/15 18:16

Medical bills from 1+ year ago
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wondering if anyone is familiar with the situation: I recently received medical bills (directly from the doctor's office) from 2010 - apparently it took a long time to get the insurance company to pay their part. now that insurance company paid their part, the doctor's office is coming after me for the remainder.

My question are:

can they come after me now that the bill is over one year old?

what happens if I cannot pay (it's a pretty hefty one)? I assume it goes to collection agencies? Would I be able to negotiate down a bit at that point? Should I try negotiating down with the doctor's office directly now?

TIA.

Posted on: 2012/1/15 18:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017