Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Broadway Haircare-Newport Mall

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/12 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
ENTER at your own RISK! My mistake was that I did not do my own research first. The first time I went there for eyebrow waxing, I was pleased because the woman that took care of me was very good and knew what she was doing; I even gave her a generous tip, and I felt good going to the party I was attending. Unfortunately, I did not recall her name and the second time I went back a few weeks later for the same service, there was only two stylists in the place, and the one I was assigned to could not speak English too well.

I told her exactly what I wanted to get done, and she reassured me as much as she could that it would be easy. Long painful story/experience short, she did not know what she was doing, and in fact irritated my skin where I finally asked her to stop what she was trying to do, more like pleaded with her to just give me the tweezers so I can do my own eyebrows. It was late and all I wanted to do was go home and rest since I still had work the next morning and it was the week of the holidays.

After I finished doing my own eyebrows, I got up and asked to speak to the manager. One of the hairstylist said there was no manager on the floor, so I spoke to the receptionist and asked her to call the manager on the phone. The manager refused to speak with me on the phone. I explained to the receptionist what happened, and that I was very uncomfortable paying for the eyebrows that I did my myself --- $18!!!!!!

The receptionist and the stylist that was there said they couldn't do anything to help me, and that I needed to call the manager to set up an appt in the morning to speak about the matter, but that I still had to pay the $18 --- rip-off!! When I did not want to leave without speaking to a manager, they decided to call security to threaten me that if I did not pay them, I would be arrested. I was forced to pay the $18 that they did not deserve. I told security that I should be the one calling the cops on them for trying to rob me of my money for a service they did not deliver. I paid, was very upset, and left.

Very unprofessional, disrespectful and lacking sympathy for their customers. I did get the manager's phone number, which I decided to call first thing in the morning the next day. I was assured that she would return my call at around noon, but I did not receive a call back, I called her again later in the afternoon and left a message, but I never heard from them again.

Terrible. Don't do it to yourself. I learned my lesson; wished I researched this place before I decided to give them my business. I was forced to pay them my money for something they did not do, nor did they offer any type of consolation for what they did, or any thing. They also only take cash for services under $20, so it is very inconvenient if you want to pay with credit card. Save yourself the trouble or the headache, it is really not worth it. Save your money as well for another place that will treat you with respect, professionalism, and integrity.

Posted on: 2012/1/12 4:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/14 18:43
Group:
Registered Users
I went to the broadway hair saloon at newport mall yesterday to get my hair straightened.
There was an old lady who applied a relaxer to my hair(which read DO NOT apply on scalps).She applied the relaxer throughout my scalp and within minutes my scalp was burning and i felt as if i was on fire..
When i told her she just applied some cream which did nothing to my burning scalp and blow dried and ironed my hair..
BY the time i came home, my scalp was scaby and peeling off with hair...I had to apply an antibiotic all over my scalp...
She charged me $150 for this and i never gave her any tip..
To everyone who want to get a relaxing done...NEVER visit this saloon if you wish not to become BALD

Posted on: 2010/7/14 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
Wow I am not the only one ! thanks for the recommendations! i will try them out!

Posted on: 2008/3/24 16:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/20 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
That's insane. Vidal Sassoon on 5th Avenue charges around $60.

If we have to pay 5th Ave prices, then I say go to 5th Avenue.

Bumble and Bumble is another great salon in the City. They offer super-cheap deals for stylists in training, etc. And, any stylist at these top salons is dependable so it's no worry.

They also treat you like Royalty which is just a nice break for the 45 minutes or so.....

Check out the websites.

Posted on: 2008/3/24 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 23:17
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting that I noticed this today. Broadway is run by snots. A few years back my building had a hot water problem for one day - the one day I had an important function to get to in the city. The hot water was to be out for the entire day - it was sudden and unplanned and that's life sometimes ( I was renting at the time). Anyway, I spiffed myself up as best I could at home heating some water on the stove and was off to the function walking through the mall to the Path ( I pondered the thought of perhaps going to a hotel that morning for a good shower, but $100 + , it was just not worth it). So as I'm walking through the mall I thought that, hey, a hair place, at least I could get a good hair wash on the way! I stopped into Broadway, explained my odd situation to them, and they offered a wash and dry for $40.00. I thought that was a bit steep - they did not and would not budge. I then went downstairs to another place ( I forgot the name - smaller place - and they sympathized with my plight and offered the service for free - of course I tipped $10.00. So there is my tale about Broadway Haircare - I would enjoy seeing them go under someday - I think they are snots!

Posted on: 2008/3/24 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Had a bad experience at Broadway too. High prices, bad cuts and attitude!

I go to Retro on Grove now, reasonable and good especially for curly or wavy hair!

See these threads for others
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... t_id=73946#forumpost73946

this one had some responses about women's haircuts
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=117977#forumpost117977

Good luck!

Posted on: 2008/3/24 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
I agree they are overpriced. I went there a couple years ago and it was $28 for a men's haircut, including tip. Way too much.

Posted on: 2008/3/23 15:40

Broadway Haircare-Newport Mall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
I usually don't like to give a negative comment about a business but I have to say that Broadway Haircare in Newport Mall is extremely expensive for the services they offer. I walked in to get a wash and blow dry for regular wavy hair and they charged $60.00....I wouldn't have minded if they would of used quality products instead of using Citre Shine, hair oil from Walgreens and non salon conditioners and spray. The girl used a flat iron which is not ceramic but the ones that are $25.00 in the beauty supply store and she definitely had any experience blow drying properly. I will never go there again. Horrible! I have to find a quality place here in downtown that knows how to deal with something other than straight short hair!

Posted on: 2008/3/22 20:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017