Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Steam Cafe - 276 Newark Ave (@ Monmouth)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I am not sure where to put this but had to share this link...from Huffpost about Yelp reviews. The first one is from a resident of JC. Kind of sad in a funny way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12 ... 4348.html?utm_hp_ref=food

Posted on: 2013/1/1 21:27

Re: New Steam Cafe at 276 Newark Ave (@ Monmouth)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Innamost wrote:

I was delighted to find my favorite coffee/sandwich shop is open early and ready for business on the first day of 2013!!! STEAM CAFE caught my attention with its "outstanding" coffee and now offers a wide variety of uniquely crafted savory sandwiches for every pallet, served on world renowned BALTIZAR breads. Hurray, for quality and comfort right around the corner. Breakfast or lunch, STEAM does it RIGHT!!!

What time was early another words what time did they open this morning ?

Posted on: 2013/1/1 20:34
Get on your bikes and ride !

Re: New Steam Cafe at 276 Newark Ave (@ Monmouth)

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/2 18:49
Group:
Registered Users

I was delighted to find my favorite coffee/sandwich shop is open early and ready for business on the first day of 2013!!! STEAM CAFE caught my attention with its "outstanding" coffee and now offers a wide variety of uniquely crafted savory sandwiches for every pallet, served on world renowned BALTIZAR breads. Hurray, for quality and comfort right around the corner. Breakfast or lunch, STEAM does it RIGHT!!!

Posted on: 2013/1/1 19:24

Re: New Steam Cafe at 267 Newark Ave (@ Monmouth)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone saw a woman in her PJs this morning at 8:00 am carrying a baby roaming around Steam, that was me... waiting for it to open...8:00...8:05...8:10... finally I bailed and made coffee at home.

Other than making it at home, Dames is my coffee place of choice. But sometimes I want something different and Steam is usually where I go: nice owner, does things for the community, has local artwork....the Simply Sinful coffee is great...etc.

But why are some of the simplest things we expect from a business - open when you say you will - the hardest for them to stick to...I am hoping that was just a blip. Has anyone else experienced that at Steam?

Posted on: 2012/8/4 12:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HPYC wrote:
This isn't in the old Rue Viet location is it?

It is located across the street from Pecoraro Bakery between corners of 3rd St. and Monmouth streets. I think it is in a newly built complex.

Posted on: 2012/1/5 14:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/27 3:17
Group:
Registered Users
I've been there a few times since it's opened - the coffee is pretty good although I think more than one flavor brewed at a time would be nice (and this from a guy who generally prefers coffee flavored coffee).

Also hope to see an expansion on the menu and hopefully some outdoor seating - The way sidewalk permits are in JC if they apply now they may have one by June...

Posted on: 2012/1/3 23:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I finally got a look at the place, I biked over there this morning. I like the decor it's nice an airy inside adorned with art work for sale. I had one of their homemade corn muffins and a tea, as time goes by perhaps they will expand their pastry selection. I think the place will do well seeing that there is not a coffee shop in that area. People ought to give it a shot. Hopefully they will open a little bit earlier on the weekends.

Posted on: 2012/1/2 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
> I think they also have byo, which is weird for a place
> that closes at 6 I think. Maybe it was included in the
> lease/sale.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any license or permit is required to allow customers to consume alcohol on your premises. Any restaraunt or cafe without an alcohol license is automatically "bring your own".

Robin.

Posted on: 2011/12/27 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I've been here a few times. The coffee isn't as good as Dames but it's solid. They offer local baked items, like croissants and muffins. For lunch they have sandwiches as well.

The space is comfortable and easier to get around (for me as least with a stroller) than Dames or Made with Love, being the closest 'competition'.... So far it's a nice option for a quick bite.

I think they also have byo, which is weird for a place that closes at 6 I think. Maybe it was included in the lease/sale.

Posted on: 2011/12/27 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
It is located in a new building across from Pecoraro's Bakery. The walls looking (yellow) look even brighter in person, maybe the color is too much, no??

Posted on: 2011/12/27 19:35

Steam Cafe - 276 Newark Ave (@ Monmouth)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Steam Cafe
276 Newark Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07302

Jersey City cafe hopes to serve locals with good food, fine art

Published: Monday, December 26, 2011, 3:50 PM
By Summer Dawn Hortillosa / The Jersey Journal

Resized Image
Christina Coaker, owner of Steam Cafe at 267 Newark Ave. in Jersey City, Friday, Dec. 23, 2011. Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal

Steam Cafe restaurant, art gallery in Jersey City caters to community gallery

Since she opened Steam Cafe in Jersey City three months ago, Christina Coaker, 34, has been focused on one thing - the community.

The nine-year city resident said Jersey City was the best possible place for her to open the restaurant.

"I felt like there were more opportunities here to really create anything that you want to," she said. "And it's so community-based. People come in and wanna see me grow. It's a nice thing."

Steam Cafe, located at 276 Newark Ave., serves tea and coffee made to order, locally made pastries, fruit, sandwiches and other items, Coaker said.

"People have become regulars because there is nothing over here. It's been good and every week it gets better," said Coaker, adding that she doesn't rush people out the door. Instead, she encourages them to stay and relax. Pleasing the people, she said, is a top priority.

The cafe is also a small art gallery curated by Coaker's realtor, Mark Finne, who said having more space to exhibit will help local artists, including the 10 featured in the current group show displayed on Steam Cafe's bright yellow walls.

"Jersey City doesn't really have many galleries and I really enjoy helping local artists find exhibition space," said Finne, who is also a collector. "Sometimes it gives me a great choice of what I will acquire next," he added.
"It's a way to put money in their pockets and show their wares. We want to keep the arts alive!" he said.
Coaker said she also hopes her business will host spoken word and comedy shows, open mics and other art events.

"It's for the community, not for me. I'll get anything that people want, as long as it's within my reach," said Coaker. "We're here for the people in the neighborhood."

Posted on: 2011/12/27 15:01

Edited by Webmaster on 2012/1/5 15:53:17
Edited by Webmaster on 2013/1/1 20:15:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017