Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 42 43 44 (45) 46 47 48 ... 60 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
It took me 7 F'N HOURS TO GET HOME! 7 f'n HOURS!
Before we knew what happened around 7:30pm this FAT Path biatch just stood there letting riders pay the turnstile NOT TELLING US THERE WAS A F'N PROBLEM WITH THE PATH! I waited for about 2 hrs on the 33rd St station till this good samaritan black dude told us there are no trains in all direction. It's suspended. When I got to Journal Sq to hail a cab back to downtown, they closed off the concourse level locked.It looked like a ghost town down there.
Now, I heard from one of my cab share riders Path Trains will be suspended till Monday!

Just curious was the fatso dressed in security guard blue or customer service red ? The security guards just keep things from happening by informing the powers that be and the customer service folks tell us train riding customers what is occuring.

Posted on: 2011/11/14 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Before we knew what happened around 7:30pm this FAT Path biatch just stood there letting riders pay the turnstile NOT TELLING US THERE WAS A F'N PROBLEM WITH THE PATH!
I waited for about 2 hrs on the 33rd St station till this good samaritan black dude told us there are no trains in all direction. It's suspended. The the police came and started to yellow tape the turnstiles.
It was a nightmare.

It is super-aggravationg when PATH personnel just let passengers stand around for ages without telling us what's going on. (And this happens all. the. time.)

That said, I'm not sure the size or race of the people involved has any damn thing to do with the situation. I guess you're just a stickler for details?

Posted on: 2011/11/13 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Now, I heard from one of my cab share riders Path Trains will be suspended till Monday!

Well I'm glad that all behind you now. By the way PATH train service has been restored with some delays.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 10:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
A former friend asked me for a ride to his job at the theater, so I said sure. I assumed he meant the Loews in JSQ. He gets in the car and tells me he has to go to St. Marks. Seriously? I probably could have made some money if I had picked up some people at Grove.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 6:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Before we knew what happened around 7:30pm this FAT Path biatch just stood there letting riders pay the turnstile NOT TELLING US THERE WAS A F'N PROBLEM WITH THE PATH!
I waited for about 2 hrs on the 33rd St station till this good samaritan black dude told us there are no trains in all direction. It's suspended. The the police came and started to yellow tape the turnstiles.
It was a nightmare.
Goind to the Port Authority was the 2nd nightmare.
The long @ss line to hoboken was jawdropping. Poor Hoboken riders the Port Authority kept making mistakes which gate to go. While the Jersey City riders were pretty ok with our gate. Watching the Hoboken riders mad dash to the supposed gate was like the keystone cops movies. We all felt sorry for them.
Then Jersey city riders waited a long @ss 2 hours for our bus while we watched Hoboken's 126 Bus kept coming in every 15 mins!

When I got to Journal Sq to hail a cab back to downtown, they closed off the concourse level locked.It looked like a ghost town down there.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 6:43

Re: Path train
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/16 16:24
Group:
Registered Users
what is going on the PATH? ANOTHER signal problem? What are we paying fare increases for if this train is almost always delayed or the same "signal" problems keep cropping up? Sat nite and NO trains at all? Maybe the execs should get docked everytime this happens -- put the money into the damn signals.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
11/12/2011 9:50:36 PM
Due to a signal problem, ALL PATH train service is temporarily suspended.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Anyone besides me think that the new cars have a poor suspension system?
I find it much harder to stand and feel that my arms are constantly being jerked out of their sockets.

I agree my biggest decision is whether to sit or stand. If you sit you run the risk of someone being jerked around themselves and collapsing onto you and crushing your knee caps. Standing well that is why this thread is posted. I also do not like the air conditioner ducts they are too forward and have two vent areas which means even if you sit or stand you still get a draft of air constantly on top of your head.

Sit or Stand? I'm lucky to even get a seat during rush hour. I've seen people fight over a seat on more than one occasion. They pack people in like sardines. I luckily get on at 33rd on the way home and even then you are lucky to get a seat. Forget about it if your stop is 23rd or closer to JC. No way in hell you are getting a seat.

Posted on: 2011/11/11 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
I find it much harder to stand and feel that my arms are constantly being jerked out of their sockets.

I agree my biggest decision is whether to sit or stand. If you sit you run the risk of someone being jerked around themselves and collapsing onto you and crushing your knee caps. Standing well that is why this thread is posted. I also do not like the air conditioner ducts they are too forward and have two vent areas which means even if you sit or stand you still get a draft of air constantly on top of your head.

Posted on: 2011/11/11 9:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/11/11 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Actually Ianmac is correct. Around 2000 or 2001 I had done a story about NJ Transit and the Path for my college paper...and the officials i spoke to said that the Path trains were obsolete and already too old and torn to be still be in use. The new trains were suppose to be in place no more than 5 years from that time.

I do believe with infrastructure and transportation people need to think long term. Christie has not done so. He killed the ARC project. I saw his point but why not reform the project instead of killing it outright? Why not go after the PA and reform it? Because it is a big patronage mill and Christie like all before him rather use it. I am still ticked about his lies about the toll increase....the whole thing was an act.

Some might not agree but during the economic mess we are in...proper infrastructure and transportation investment for the long term....is worth the money and would definitely produce good jobs.

Posted on: 2011/11/11 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Is something going on with the WTC line? Typically this is a 5 minute ride from Grove Street, and lately it has been crawling and stopping periodically. This line used to FLY.

It seems as if it's always something with the PATH lately.

It was a terrible decision to use the hundreds of millions of dollars to buy new trains instead of using those funds to improve the infrastructure/signals, which are ancient.

The trains were falling to pieces. The new ones were as necessary as anything else. In fact most of those trains probably should have been replaced a decade ago.

Which is not to say the signals shouldn't have been upgraded a decade sooner too. But basically the Port Authority has been concentrating on spending a billion dollars in Manhattan.

Weak New Jersey governors over the last decade have failed to exert enough influence over the Port Authority to ensure an investment on this side of the river. But like all cycles, eventually New Jersey will have a strong governor again and the pendulum will swing back in our favor.

Posted on: 2011/11/10 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Is something going on with the WTC line? Typically this is a 5 minute ride from Grove Street, and lately it has been crawling and stopping periodically. This line used to FLY.

It seems as if it's always something with the PATH lately.

It was a terrible decision to use the hundreds of millions of dollars to buy new trains instead of using those funds to improve the infrastructure/signals, which are ancient.

Posted on: 2011/11/10 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
yeah the path should really plan the schedule out better. Lots of people going on the WTC line will need to be at work before the markets open, thus all WTC trains are packed till then. At 8am, the 33rd trains are probably at 65% capacity...

Posted on: 2011/11/5 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
Grovester I must have having 3 bad weeks.

Posted on: 2011/11/4 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Are you kidding me? I'm a WTC girl, and Wednesday morning at 7:35, 3 33rd St trains came in a row, one was COMPLETELY empty, as if it was just going into service, and then finally the WTC train came and it was packed. Crazy, if you ask me!

Posted on: 2011/11/4 21:54
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Path train
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I am just a little confused. At 9:15 this morning 3 WTC trains come one after another. Now most mornings the WTC has so much room and seats everywhere. Now I am a 33rd street guy. Never a seat and always packed. Why not more 33rd trains? Of course then there is the "No Passengers" ghost train. Crazy if you ask me.

Posted on: 2011/11/4 21:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 18:50
From corner of van vorst and vienna
Group:
Registered Users
What in the bloody H was up with the train this morning? Insanity at Grove Street from 9:30 until at least 10:15... I let three 33rd St trains go by when they finally started coming.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
You can tweet the car # and that the AC is broken to the @PATHtweet account and they'll file a maintenance report. I would actually be okay with a less-frozen train car in exchange for slightly less sweltering platforms, though.

Posted on: 2011/7/21 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
On my morning commute today (a very hot day), what's the worst thing that can happen? The air conditioner not working on the PATH. And that's exactly what happened today, as confirmed by the conductor, who was equally as miffed as the ridership.

The saddest part? Brand new train.

Isn't it a little alarming that the brand new trains are malfunctioning at such a young age?

I'll tell you something, the old PATH trains were almost always ice cold in the summertime. The new trains must be set to be "energy efficient", because even when the AC is working, it's usually pretty warm.

I'd rather have ugly trains that have proper climate control. Maybe it's just me.

Posted on: 2011/7/21 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
just rode back from midtown. the instructions on the train were very clear, and aside from an overcrowded platform at Grove, the system was running pretty smoothly for a Saturday.

Posted on: 2011/7/17 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
If you are at JSQ going up to 33rd St. you get off at Grove walk across the platform and transfer to get on the 33rd St.bound train arriving on track 2. If you are in Nyc, Hoboken or Pavonia/Newport going to JSQ then you again get off at Grove St. walk across the platform and transfer to get on the JSQ bound train arriving on track 1. At no time do you get on the Newark/WTC train.

Heights, re-read it. there IS NO JSQ-BOUND TRAIN.

JSQ passengers must - at some point - get on the Newark/WTC train.

it's really not all that difficult.

I was refering to the Grove St. station 'cause I was just there. Plus there are no WTC trains out 33rd today. The 33rd and JSQ bound trains could depart from either track at Grove St. as well. Usually at Grove track 1 is for Nyc bound trains and track 2 is for Jersey bound trains. Seek out one of the passenger information agents in red and watch for the destination names on the trains. But yes at the Square PATH the only Nyc bound train is the WTC line. You must transfer to get to either Hoboken or the up town to 33rd St.

Posted on: 2011/7/16 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
If you are at JSQ going up to 33rd St. you get off at Grove walk across the platform and transfer to get on the 33rd St.bound train arriving on track 2. If you are in Nyc, Hoboken or Pavonia/Newport going to JSQ then you again get off at Grove St. walk across the platform and transfer to get on the JSQ bound train arriving on track 1. At no time do you get on the Newark/WTC train.

Heights, re-read it. there IS NO JSQ-BOUND TRAIN.

JSQ passengers must - at some point - get on the Newark/WTC train.

it's really not all that difficult.

Posted on: 2011/7/16 15:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/23 13:55
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Annod. That is much clearer than the PATHTWEET and the pathalert I got via email. Below is the email PATH alert, which is obviously incorrect..it directs 33rd St bound people to get on the WTC train.

Beginning 11PM Friday 7/15 to 11PM Saturday 7/16, the JSQ-33{Via Hoboken} line terminates at Grove Street due to track work. Transfer to Newark-WTC at Grove Street to complete trip.

Posted on: 2011/7/16 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
In plain English, the JSQ-33rd train is now the Grove-33rd train.

-----------------------------

Weekend Construction

Beginning the evening of Friday, July 15, 2011 PATH will conduct track switch replacement work between Grove Street and Journal Square. As a result, there will be changes to service on the Journal Square to 33rd Street (via Hoboken) line in both directions between 11 p.m. Friday, July 15 and 11 p.m. Saturday, July 16.

-----------------------------

Journal Square ? 33rd Street via Hoboken (JSQ-HOB-33)
From 11 p.m. Friday, 7/14 until 11 p.m. Saturday, 7/15, JSQ-33 (via Hoboken) service will terminate at Grove St., due to a track rehabilitation project.

Passengers traveling from 33, 23, 14, 9, Christopher, Hoboken, or Newport to Journal Square, Harrison, or Newark must change at Grove Street for Newark-bound train.

Passengers traveling from Newark, Harrison, or Journal Square to Newport, Hoboken, Christopher, 9, 14, 23, or 33 must change at Grove Street for 33 St-bound train.

--------------------

Check website for schedule:

http://www.panynj.gov/path/alerts-advisories.html

Posted on: 2011/7/16 13:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Um, yeah, Read the posting from the Port Authority again. It tells people going from JSQ->33rd to transfer at Grove St to the WTC train. So I don't know how people riding the train to WTC will get to 33rd unless they do one of those bizarre loops I've seen before. This will obviously affect the WTC line as well.

Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

fullpint wrote:
>FYI, PATH alert:

>Beginning 11pm Fri 7/15 to 11pm Sat 7/16, the JSQ-33(via >Hob) line terminates at Grove St due to track work. Transfer >to NWK-WTC at Grove St to complete trip.

What the heck does this mean?? It makes no sense. Why can't the PATH clarify these postings? How is the WTC line going to get people to 33rd st, and how is this going to affect the schedule of the NWK-WTC line?

Based on past experience, it looks like the NWK-> WTC line will go Nwk->WTC-> Pavonia -> Hob -> then along the 33rd St line? I've seem this before, and it means massive delays.

uh... it makes perfect sense? If you're on the 33rd train going to jersey and want to get to journal sq, you get off at grove and wait for the newark train.

unless i'm COMPLETELY misreading something, that's it.

Posted on: 2011/7/16 11:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/16 10:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fullpint wrote:
>FYI, PATH alert:

>Beginning 11pm Fri 7/15 to 11pm Sat 7/16, the JSQ-33(via >Hob) line terminates at Grove St due to track work. Transfer >to NWK-WTC at Grove St to complete trip.

What the heck does this mean?? It makes no sense. Why can't the PATH clarify these postings? How is the WTC line going to get people to 33rd st, and how is this going to affect the schedule of the NWK-WTC line?

Based on past experience, it looks like the NWK-> WTC line will go Nwk->WTC-> Pavonia -> Hob -> then along the 33rd St line? I've seem this before, and it means massive delays.

uh... it makes perfect sense? If you're on the 33rd train going to jersey and want to get to journal sq, you get off at grove and wait for the newark train.

unless i'm COMPLETELY misreading something, that's it.

Posted on: 2011/7/16 8:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
>FYI, PATH alert:

Posted on: 2011/7/16 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Does anybody know when they will be updating the signal system on PATH? Sometimes that train goes so slow under the Hudson River.

Also...has anybody noticed that the new PATH trains tend to keep the AC rather low? It's never really that cool on those trains, especially when crowded.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 13:25

« 1 ... 42 43 44 (45) 46 47 48 ... 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017