Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Delenio's
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
When pizza is ordered in my house, it's ordered through Delino's. The broccoli rabe, beans & red onions pie is the best.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 23:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/11 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
Same experience here, great food and very friendly service. Sounds like they had a moron for a delivery driver, though.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 23:17
Group:
Registered Users
We recently 'discovered' Delenio's ( a new co-worker from the neighborhood sent us) and we LOVE it! We have never had delivery - just have gone there a few times. It is amazing!!

Posted on: 2011/10/18 19:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/12 0:37
Group:
Registered Users
Really glad I found this place on Delivery.com

The cheese steaks are awesome. That's all I've had there cause they are so good. My gf gets other dishes and has loved them all, from the chicken fingers to pasta dishes.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 19:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/24 19:41
Group:
Registered Users
Burger and fries are exceptional. Angus beef, great roll and fat fries with lettuce and tomato. Absolutely delicious.
Great chicken milanese too.
Nice guys, treat the patrons with respect.

Posted on: 2011/9/21 1:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/31 11:56
Group:
Registered Users
I had to chime it because I also find it hard to believe anyone had a bad experience with Delenio's. The owners are the sweetest people around. I like the pizza, but what brings me back (besides the nice service) is the pane cotto. They make a vegetarian version for me (sans chicken broth) that is so yummy.

Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:
We had a bad experience with this place. We thought we would give them a try. Ordered a pizza. Delivery was slow and when the pie was delivered the delivery guy had tipped the box allowing the cheese to run off the pizza. We called to complain and were hung up on. We brought the pie to the store to complain and after getting our money back were told to get the hell out.

I understand that anyone can have one bad experience with a pizza but the nasty attitude of the staff insured we would never return.

Posted on: 2011/9/21 0:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
Have to second that the owners are super nice and accomodating .... their broccoli rape appetizer with the bread crumbs and white beans is to die for and their bruschetta is great.

Owners are so friendly and great with their customers; we love getting food from them.

Their business is such a welcome addition to that corner of the neighborhood. They always say hello to people just passing by and they know all their neighbors. Super nice guys.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 18:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/7 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
Having lived in the neighborhood for nearly 8 years, I can easily say that Delenio's has the friendliest and most accomodating people of any local restaurant/take out place IMO.

We order pizza for delivery every Friday and have done so for about a year. Never had a problem until last Friday when our pizza came exactly as the one delivered to one of the jclisters who posted above. Cheese had slid off the pizza and was hanging out in the corner of the box. This was the first time I ever had something like that happen with Delenio's and quickly attributed it to a fluke f' up on the part of the delivery guy. They are so consistently nice and reliable we didn't even bother to complain.

I also recommend their bolonese, chicken milanese, and vodka sauce. We also go there for a very casual dinner time to time (and bring a bottle of wine, of course).

Our town could use more establishments like Delenio's where the people go out of their way to treat customers with respect and show them they are valued (this is not intended as a slight to any other restaurants or businesses).

Posted on: 2011/9/20 17:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/6 3:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:
We had a bad experience with this place. We thought we would give them a try. Ordered a pizza. Delivery was slow and when the pie was delivered the delivery guy had tipped the box allowing the cheese to run off the pizza. We called to complain and were hung up on. We brought the pie to the store to complain and after getting our money back were told to get the hell out.

I understand that anyone can have one bad experience with a pizza but the nasty attitude of the staff insured we would never return.

Not a chance! The staff there are the friendliest bunch. I'm not a huge fan of the food (but I am very particular about pizza), we frequented there simply because they're so welcoming. They learned my and my fiance's names after two visits. And always greeted us by name after that.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
They have the best burger in town, I'm not kidding. The roll is like a ciabatta roll. The burger patty is this awesome beef, they make it fresh too, it's not frozen.

I'm also obsessed with the meatballs. And the calzone.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 2:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:

While not to say this didn't happen, I find it hard to believe. I've only known the owners and staff to be nothing but pleasant. But, everyone can have a bad day and perhaps you were unfortunate to witness theirs.

I'm Eggz Benedict, and I support Delenios.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 1:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/31 23:17
Group:
Registered Users
Buttery crust on pizza? What does that even mean?

Quote:

HamiltonParker wrote:
Love their thin, buttery crust pizza and the entire clan there is super friendly and accomodating. Delivery is quick too.

The Brocolli Raab appetizer is *killer* ~ sauteed brocolli raab, seasoned (homemade) bread cubes, canelini beans, sun dried tomatos and garlic, perfectly dressed with fine olive oil.

Posted on: 2011/9/19 20:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/29 11:21
From Jersey City, Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Without doubt this is the best pizza and more. My personal favorite is the Chicken Milanese. But order the half portion. The dinner size portion is enough for two people. My husbind and I love this place. Jason, one of the owners is the nicest guy and will always great you with a smile and a handshake. You also gotta try their home made bruscetta. Its to die for.

Posted on: 2011/9/19 20:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/9/19 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Love their thin, buttery crust pizza and the entire clan there is super friendly and accomodating. Delivery is quick too.

The Brocolli Raab appetizer is *killer* ~ sauteed brocolli raab, seasoned (homemade) bread cubes, canelini beans, sun dried tomatos and garlic, perfectly dressed with fine olive oil.

Posted on: 2011/9/19 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
The pizza's OK, but if you're hungry you'll go broke on the tiny, thin slices unless you buy a whole pie. I like thin pizza, but the price should reflect that you're getting half the food.

Posted on: 2011/9/19 15:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/2 18:16
From West Bergen
Group:
Registered Users
We've only gone to pick up slices (and yes, they are the best slices in the city). I'll have to try some dishes on the next visit

Posted on: 2011/9/19 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
We love Delenio's. We usually go about once a week. Some of our favorite dishes are the bolognese, cavetelli, and the cheese steaks. We tend to customize the dishes and they are always accommodating. They also have occasional specials that are really good.

Posted on: 2011/9/19 15:17

Delenio's
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't see a thread on this restaurant so I figured I'd start one. We live a few blocks from this place but never been; it seems from other posts they have pretty good pizza, but someone mentioned their other menu items were good as well.

Anything else you'd recommend - thinking of trying this weekend.

Posted on: 2011/9/19 14:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017