Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Man attacked, punched and assaulted, loses mountain bike to 5 men
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Jersey City man shot while riding mountain bike Monday, October 17, 2011, 3:00 AM By Ken Thorbourne/The Jersey Journal Resized Image JERSEY CITY police investigate the scene at Ocean Avenue near Bayview Avenue after a man on a mountain bike was shot. OCEAN AVENUE A 54-year-old Jersey City man riding a mountain bike was shot behind the left ear Saturday night and taken to an area hospital in critical condition, according to police reports. The Bayview Avenue man was also charged with unlawful possession of a handgun after he told police that an unloaded .22 -caliber pistol lying near the bloody scene at Ocean Avenue near Bayview Avenue was his, reports said. A group of 10 to 12 people were standing on the sidewalk when the shooting occurred at around 10 p.m., reports said. Pointing north on Ocean Avenue, a woman in the group approached officers yelling ?he was shot,? according to reports. The victim then walked up to the officers and said ?They shot me in the head. I was riding my bike and they shot me,? reports said. When the officers asked if he was shot with the silver pistol that was lying in the street, the victim responded, ?No, that?s my gun for protection,? reports said. No shells were recovered at the scene. The victim?s condition could not be updated last night. Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department?s confidential tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 13:01

Re: Greenville: Man attacked, punched and assaulted, loses mountain bike to 5 men
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:
Why assume? We all do it...but sometimes we really should pause. We should be more concerned with the FACT that someone was a victim of a crime. I am known to walk late at night to either go to the park or grab coffee....so who knows what people would assume about me...even though i am doing nothing wrong.

+1

The guy was equally likely to be returning from work (bar, restaurant) or out getting some late night groceries. Place and time doesn't make it any less of a crime.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 11:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Why assume? We all do it...but sometimes we really should pause. We should be more concerned with the FACT that someone was a victim of a crime. I am known to walk late at night to either go to the park or grab coffee....so who knows what people would assume about me...even though i am doing nothing wrong.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 10:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Someone engaged in illicit activities likely wouldn't have broken the "don't snitch" code, and dealt with the matter themselves.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 10:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
@fat-ass - Well, I guess the gang beat-down was OK then, right?

Posted on: 2011/10/17 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
At 2.30am, I can only guess that the dude was a victim due to some drug or illegal activity he was up to.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 21:51
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Wow! Five gutless wonders gang up on ONE guy. They must be so proud of themselves. Since they probably can't read, they don't know about the concept of mano-mano*
*(Spanish for "hand-to-hand". Used most commonly for a competition between two people - often in hand to hand combat. The phrase is often mistakenly thought by English speaking people to mean "man-to-man".)
I am SO sick of hearing about this kind of filthy behaviour.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 16:26

Greenville: Man attacked, punched and assaulted, loses mountain bike to 5 men
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Reports: Jersey City man attacked, loses bike to 5 men

Friday, October 14, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Resized Image
A Jersey City man was attacked by a group of five men early yesterday morning and they stole his mountain bike when he took off running, reports said.

The 21-year-old Woodlawn Avenue man was at Woodlawn and Corcoran Street at about 2:30 a.m. when he was punched and assaulted by the group, reports said. When the victim ran away on Van Cleef Street, his assailants took his bicycle, reports said.

He said members of the group that attacked him all wore black hooded sweatshirts, reports said, adding that his bike was light blue and had a white seat and handlebars.
Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 15:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017