Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 24 »

Re: Taqueria
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:
Quote:
PS - This whole thread is either real or the biggest publicity stunt going to draw people into the restaurant. (pure genius if so! 95K hits) I for one will now have to venture Downtown and eat at Taqueria to see if all of the allegations are true.

that really is the beauty of it all: the internerd vigilantes looking to lash out here with the intent of hurting taqueria (which again, is pure comedy) are actualy helping to promote them. Seriously, you think any new users or people directed to this thread via search are NOT going to hit taqueria in order to form their own opinion?

Real men of genius: here's to you Mr and Mrs internet warlord who had there feelings huwt at taqueria by those meany owners. When the chips were down, you made a stand... resulting in more business for your target.

Yeah, okay. Keep spinning and dreaming. Maybe you'll get a free taco for defending bad business owners. Maybe....

Posted on: 2011/10/10 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 5:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
PS - This whole thread is either real or the biggest publicity stunt going to draw people into the restaurant. (pure genius if so! 95K hits) I for one will now have to venture Downtown and eat at Taqueria to see if all of the allegations are true.

that really is the beauty of it all: the internerd vigilantes looking to lash out here with the intent of hurting taqueria (which again, is pure comedy) are actualy helping to promote them. Seriously, you think any new users or people directed to this thread via search are NOT going to hit taqueria in order to form their own opinion?

Real men of genius: here's to you Mr and Mrs internet warlord who had there feelings huwt at taqueria by those meany owners. When the chips were down, you made a stand... resulting in more business for your target.

Posted on: 2011/10/10 16:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/18 3:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
You effing rule... Bravo. So well said.

Quote:

fauxboken wrote:
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Great. Now we have the hula hoop lady quoting second hand news. The guys don't even know about the dumb blond stereotype here. Next we'll be insulting people in sign language. Which none of us know by the way.

This thread is now officially too laughable.

What's laughable is that the good people of this city feel so desperate for good affordable restaurants that they still go to Taqueria. They do this despite many obvious instances of rudeness and disrespect your management and counter staff have shown to even repeat customers over several years. I've witnessed it and experienced it myself with no provocation.

The reasons are simple: the workers and managers do not like people. Or they don't like certain people. They do not smile. They are not gracious. They are not welcoming of the people who choose to eat there, hand over their money, and help you pay your bills.

I will note that I have never received any attitude from your bussing staff. They seem to be genuine, hard-working people just trying to make their way in the world.

It's also laughable that you describe this city's culture as "classless" when every anecdote indicates its your snobby attitude which provokes every bullshit fight. That you have repeatedly used the word "retarded" on numerous occasions on this blog does not help your credibility as to your classiness. That it seems you have done nothing to express remorse for insulting and debasing your customers and neighbors is the true mark of who's losing the classlessness war. It's you.

But, that's your prerogative. Maybe being friendly and welcoming is really very difficult for you. Maybe being a misanthrope is something you've been doing so long that you can't abandon it now. That's fine. Live how you wanna live. If you don't want to be known for good customer service, that's fine. It's your place. If you haven't taken the hint, dozens of people find it repulsive. I am such a person.

To everyone else: you cannot communicate with people in a language they do not understand. All the owners of Taqueria want is your money. Not your friendship, your moral support, your neighborly attitude, your sense of community, your patience to a fault, or your reviews on Yelp.

None of that stuff matters. Your vocal distaste for their bad attitude hasn't knocked the chip off their shoulder. That you don't eat there anymore is irrelevant, because they have customers aplenty to replace you. It's a simple and sad reality about human psychology that there really is no reaching some people. Further, they have little incentive to embrace human decency and good community relations at this point.

The only meaningful comparison are the politicians and civil self-servants of this city. They are generally low class, scornful, entitled assholes who don't give a shit about you either.

Aw, shucks. Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/10/9 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

croft wrote:
there is a little mexican taqueria on sip ave at romaine ave near journal square that just opened up about 2 months ago. $5.00 lunch special - 2 tacos and one of their homemade beverages. they give you plenty of limes and radishes to go with it and have a few different home made salsas there, including a green one.

Thanks for the tip. I tried this place yesterday and it was definitely worth the trip. SALSA! Yes!

Posted on: 2011/10/9 12:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Snibe wrote:
All this taco talk is making me super hungry. I don't care if they kick me in the nuts when I walk in, I'm getting myself some Taqueria tonight....

Now that was funny.

Posted on: 2011/10/9 4:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
LOL, your PS is pretty funny. I don't know why I feel compelled to check in every month or so on this thread adding to the astronimical hits it gets. I have not been there in years as I was ejected for writing an equivocal post here in JC list (under my old handle of PubliusIII (see posts #133 and #259) which was disabled for some reason beyond my feeble understanding of computers lest I be accussed of trying to avoid detection), But if my public shaming by Taqueria was part of an orchestrated campaign to keep up interest, then they are beyond geniuses as even you, who never left, is now going to patronize the place. BTW, I live on the wrong side of TP too.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 22:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
They don;t need to go on Kitchen Nightmares. They're successful.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Let me chime in..I am old-timer from across the Turnpike extension. I don?t venture Downtown much you people scare me?I stay with my own kind. My Mexican treat night consists of a Taco Bell BEEF BURRITO SUPREME and a side of Mexican rice. My biggest decision is to do ?drive thru? (and live) or ?dine in? (and hope the place won?t get robbed again while I?m eating) Gotta love the BURRITO product description it would make Elaine's boss Mr. Petterman go off!

BURRITO SUPREME - A warm, soft flour tortilla wrapped around seasoned beef, hearty beans, tangy red sauce, crisp shredded lettuce, real cheddar cheese, diced onions, diced ripe tomatoes, and reduced-fat sour cream. (At least the description is tasty!!)

This is a very interesting thread?never thought to actually complain about customer service in a JC business before. (you newcomers really are bringing change to JC) I thought the whole customer/employee experience in JC consisted of pointing to or showing the product to the store employee and the clerk saying ?err better yet mumbling? ?10 dollar twenty cent?, you hand the clerk the money and they hand you the change without saying a word. Boy what have I been missing to actually expect some conversation? I feel sooo cheated.

Well anyway maybe the owners of Taqueria should apply below I think the new season if gearing up to
shoot?

Kitchen Nightmares

Are you looking to Revive your Restaurant?

FOX's hit show "KITCHEN NIGHTMARES" wants to help you?

Does your restaurant need HELP? Are you trying to make some green but still running in the red? Do you and your chef have different ideas about the menu? Or maybe you have a great location, but are unable to bring in the customers? (Do you treat your customers like sh*t? Do you call people retar*ed while defending your perfectly healthy child? (shame on you) Do you make pregnant women stand? Do you call the community who you want to patronize your restaurant classless? Are you stupid enough to do internet battle with faceless warriors who could probably put a dent in your business by spreading some ?nasty? internet rumors? (those yuppies are ruthless not classless! That beer license thing if true is a real no no..wow!) Does your staff keep an edition of ?chistes tontos rubia de los trabajadores de restaurants? under the counter? Do you have odd types working for you named moby?)

If you want CHEF GORDON RAMSAY to come into your establishment to troubleshoot your problems and try to get you back on the road to success... Contact us NOW!!!

**Make sure to include:
Your name and contact info (including a phone number), name of your restaurant and your specialty, how many seats you have, and most importantly...Why you need our help!

If you are a Restaurant Owner fill out or download the application online at: http://theconlincompany.com/nowcasting/kitchennightmares.html

*Restaurants must have been open at least one year, offer dinner service,
and have at least 35 seats.

This is a casting call with no guarantee of acceptance.

PS - This whole thread is either real or the biggest publicity stunt going to draw people into the restaurant. (pure genius if so! 95K hits) I for one will now have to venture Downtown and eat at Taqueria to see if all of the allegations are true. So be on the look out for a very large man sporting a flowing blond wig and pillow under his shirt ordering a beer and a beef BURRITO and asking if he could please see ?..the ?moby? (hopefully he ..err? it?s is not locked away) or the ?fat nasty Asian looking dork manning the tables. Who looks like his mom combed his hair with spit and twigs.?.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
and I still think they owe ianmac $1K.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
I have to agree with Vigilante here. I mean its a BYOB. You can't bring your own Tecate? And people should be a little irked if they are selling alcohol without a license because guess what they are not paying their fair share of taxes. Which the rest of us must then pay for one way or another. I have been to Taqueria once and that was very long ago. It was ok.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:
Quote:
A nice mark-up item ---- so with any luck, it is costing them some noticeable revenue.

you guys are awesome. well done. cuz you know everyone goes there to pound beers, so obviously you hit em where it hurts...

... or you just annoyed every patron who liked the option to have a beer with their food.

you people are the worst. and you have got to love the hypocrisy of it all.

I ain't buying it. These protestations sound like a ruse to take the heat off. I think people should probably keep on top of this situation. Selling beer without a license? Is that just more evidence of their arrogance?

Posted on: 2011/10/7 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't complain about them serving beer, but honestly, they don't have an license so what they are doing is against the law. You may say that it's a stupid law, but it IS the law. If you want a beer that badly with your taco, couldn't you bring your own?

Posted on: 2011/10/7 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
A nice mark-up item ---- so with any luck, it is costing them some noticeable revenue.

you guys are awesome. well done. cuz you know everyone goes there to pound beers, so obviously you hit em where it hurts...

... or you just annoyed every patron who liked the option to have a beer with their food.

you people are the worst. and you have got to love the hypocrisy of it all.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 15:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/3 1:52
Group:
Registered Users
Taqueria is pretty good in my opinion, especially the burritos. And also very nice is one of the girls at the counter with longish hair -- she's a knock-out.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 2:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Now they are no longer serving Tecate. Thanks jclist for ruining it for the rest of us.

These owners are arrogant a-holes.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:
Quote:
Anyone know how Taqueria is allowed to serve Tecate? Just curious.

You JC List internet warriors are something else. stay classy...

Now they are no longer serving Tecate. Thanks jclist for ruining it for the rest of us.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

You JC List internet warriors are something else. stay classy...

Posted on: 2011/10/6 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
You effing rule... Bravo. So well said.

Quote:

fauxboken wrote:
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Great. Now we have the hula hoop lady quoting second hand news. The guys don't even know about the dumb blond stereotype here. Next we'll be insulting people in sign language. Which none of us know by the way.

What's laughable is that the good people of this city feel so desperate for good affordable restaurants that they still go to Taqueria. They do this despite many obvious instances of rudeness and disrespect your management and counter staff have shown to even repeat customers over several years. I've witnessed it and experienced it myself with no provocation.

The reasons are simple: the workers and managers do not like people. Or they don't like certain people. They do not smile. They are not gracious. They are not welcoming of the people who choose to eat there, hand over their money, and help you pay your bills.

I will note that I have never received any attitude from your bussing staff. They seem to be genuine, hard-working people just trying to make their way in the world.

It's also laughable that you describe this city's culture as "classless" when every anecdote indicates its your snobby attitude which provokes every bullshit fight. That you have repeatedly used the word "retarded" on numerous occasions on this blog does not help your credibility as to your classiness. That it seems you have done nothing to express remorse for insulting and debasing your customers and neighbors is the true mark of who's losing the classlessness war. It's you.

But, that's your prerogative. Maybe being friendly and welcoming is really very difficult for you. Maybe being a misanthrope is something you've been doing so long that you can't abandon it now. That's fine. Live how you wanna live. If you don't want to be known for good customer service, that's fine. It's your place. If you haven't taken the hint, dozens of people find it repulsive. I am such a person.

To everyone else: you cannot communicate with people in a language they do not understand. All the owners of Taqueria want is your money. Not your friendship, your moral support, your neighborly attitude, your sense of community, your patience to a fault, or your reviews on Yelp.

None of that stuff matters. Your vocal distaste for their bad attitude hasn't knocked the chip off their shoulder. That you don't eat there anymore is irrelevant, because they have customers aplenty to replace you. It's a simple and sad reality about human psychology that there really is no reaching some people. Further, they have little incentive to embrace human decency and good community relations at this point.

The only meaningful comparison are the politicians and civil self-servants of this city. They are generally low class, scornful, entitled assholes who don't give a shit about you either.

Posted on: 2011/10/3 7:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users

http://www.ehow.com/list_6740715_type ... -licenses-new-jersey.html

Posted on: 2011/10/3 7:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Went there today and got brunch with husband... always forget how good that is. Got the french toast and new recipe beef taco, with the awesome horchada. Wish it was closer with the colder months coming.

It's a shame if you don't like for whatever reason, but I don't care...more for us.

Posted on: 2011/10/2 23:22

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/18 3:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:

Posted on: 2011/10/2 22:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 16:39
Group:
Registered Users
I just read this crazy thread after reading the Ibby's thread and how it is starting to mimick the Taqueria thread...
Anyhow, I just wanted to report that I was actually at Taqueria when the below, quoted incident took place. I was with my friend at the time and if I hadn't already been eating, I would have left. I also couldn't believe how calm this woman (apparently hamiltonparkmom) was about the entire thing. I actually went up to the busboy or whomever had asked her to get up and told him I was offended.
I haven't been back since and don't intend to...

Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:
Based on my numerous bad experiences there, one being making me get up while I was pregnant because I sat on the chair to rest while my husband was ordering accompanied by the stink eyes by the owner, we stopped going there as well.

Posted on: 2011/9/30 15:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
Absolutamente.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
i'm nearly deaf but i don't understand sign language. what's the point anyway if most people trying to communicate with me don't understand it anyway?

so... with that useless and completely irrelevant tidbit said, is the deal still on for a free taco with a rush concert ticket stub??

Posted on: 2011/9/28 9:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
Great. Now we have the hula hoop lady quoting second hand news. The guys don't even know about the dumb blond stereotype here. Next we'll be insulting people in sign language. Which none of us know by the way. This thread is now officially too laughable.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 5:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/3 21:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I wasn't super clear: He called her "a stupid blond" in Spanish to his boss. She answered him back, in Spanish, quoting him.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 3:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Waiters? At this place? GET OUT!!!!!!

Posted on: 2011/9/28 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
There is a difference though, if you order takeout you presumably don't pay a tip. If you then decide to sit down at a table and eat in, you have shortchanged the waiter out of a tip for that table.

Robin.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Taco Nazis!!

Posted on: 2011/9/28 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mamarama wrote:
I have to chime in here. A friend went to the Taqueria and ordered lunch with her colleague. After it had been wrapped up she and the colleague decided to dine there instead but were told that was not possible--though there were tables available. "We already wrapped it up," was the excuse. She continued to argue the point that it seemed unreasonable to not allow them to dine there despite the food being already packaged - when one of the workers involved spoke in Spanish to his boss. She answered back, in flawless Spanish, "I may be blond and I may be dumb, but I'm not deaf." And they walked out, never to return.

What would have been so difficult to just sit at a table and eat it?

Posted on: 2011/9/27 23:49

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 24 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017