Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: A Voyeur or an Idiot?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/20 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:
I've watched this idiot covertly, and noticed him staring ahead , seemingly at all the apartment windows, sometimes on a phone, sometimes not.

Aren't you just doing the same thing back, but just hiding rather than doing it in the open? I really don't think it is much different than me sitting in my backyard alone. And yes, I sometimes just stare ahead or above, at nothing...because I am thinking. I'm pretty sure if I had someone to watch, I would. People watching is quite normal, it is just accepted better when one is in a crowded or public area.

I know it is weird to you, but get some curtains. You are in the city now, privacy is kinda hard to come by. : )

Posted on: 2011/9/27 23:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I hate it when "they" just smile and think you're talking about the weather. If it is not a legal balcony then he should get off the ledge maybe he wants to commit suicide. Some people think they can set up camp any where they darn well please. Hey they're people too (no matter what the nationality or heritage) and also have temptations so yes I would be concerned about this weirdo's antics. Make a police report so if something happens in the near future you have it documented. And by the way he's lucky it's you and not someone else who would take matters in their own hands.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 23:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/26 14:02
Group:
Registered Users
Both you and your neighbor should try reaching out to this person's landlord as has been suggested.

But first, you could both contact your landlord and ask if there have been any other complaints about this person staring at apartment windows. Maybe this person is just the neighborhood oddball, but still you and your neighbor should make both your and his landlord aware of the situation.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 23:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
"Why did you mention race? Seems to me you could have had an good input from the group, you just clouded the issue."

Because, I would have mentioned the race regardless of who it was. And, I called the person, possible voyeur an idiot because he was blowing off my concerns that what he was doing was not quite legal.

The reaction I got from him seems to be so much in the style with interactions with these people, dismissive, like much of the group here.

Did I mention that the older female neighbor to my left is very concerned about this guy staring at her kitchen window? Its not just me.

And for the jokers who posted stuff like I should move, or commite suicide...let's see how you like it if your wife, girlfriend and children suddenly found themselves upset by some idiot staring at their every move when the curtains were not drawn, or the blinds not down...since its a backyard...one would think there would be some privacy.

Maybe I will take a photo of this person and post it.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 20:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
Why did you mention race? Seems to me you could have had an good input from the group, you just clouded the issue.
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:
I recently moved to a first floor apartment with a nice yard. There are only neighbors to my left, all nice people, and we all have fences for privacy. To my right, is a brick wall which is the rear of a garage.

Thing is directly facing my windows, apartment, kitchen, and my entire yard is another building which faces another street. This one has no windows on the side of the house. But a sloped area which provides the roof to an indoor/outdoor terraced space. A new tenant at this property has climbed out of his window, set up a chair facing my windows, apartments and yard and just sits there staring. Sometimes on a cell phone sometimes not.

My lady friend got freaked out by it, and a female neighbor of mine complained to me that she got so un-nerved that she has to close all her blinds.

One day recently I was barbecueing in my yard, turned around, looked up and saw this idiot (Male, East Indian gentleman, seems to be in his thirties) just sitting in his chair staring at me. I had a talk with him, and he just smiled and said no problem (here we go again, freakin' mantra with these people). I told him I was deadly serious, and this was very close to being a police concern and if I catch him staring at my windows, my lady friend or me one more time I will complain to the cops and his landlord.

It stopped for a few weeks, but this morning, I saw him putting a chair outside of his window, and pulling it to the edge of the roof again.

What does anyone else think? I've watched this idiot covertly, and noticed him staring ahead , seemingly at all the apartment windows, sometimes on a phone, sometimes not. Should I just call the cops next time I catch this?

Posted on: 2011/9/27 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
You might try reaching out to the landlord. The landlord might not know that his/her tenant is using the roof as a deck. This could be a liability for the landlord, in addition to the fact that the tenant may damage the structure. You should be able to find out who owns the property from the tax records or possibly asking your own landlord.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Count another vote here for Seppuku. It's your best option in this scenario

Posted on: 2011/9/27 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
"These people?"

Well, you could turn the tables on him--take a picture of him from your window and post it online here.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 18:44
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/9/27 18:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
there's a law against of where one can look?

unless he's filming, pretty sure it ain't a legal thing.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
I thought for a minute he might just enjoy some outside time, but he sounds like a real creep. Tell an adult.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 15:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously...all these comments are so freakin' funny...not!

#1 I do have curtains and blinds

#2 This person IS looking directly in

#3 It is my right since I am renting the property, and the yard along with it...to walk into it without some weird person staring into my face all the time. And to have my curtains parted and blinds up for the sun light.

#4 To all the ppl who cry racism...Why is it that every time something objectionable happens and the race of the person IS NOT mentioned it is always discussed...BUT when something objectionable happens and the perp happens to be of apparent Indian heritage, everyone cries Douche or Racist... WTF...really? If this was an African American or Latino it would be ok with you, but if it was an Indian its racist?

Posted on: 2011/9/27 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Sounds like you have a number of options.

You could buy some goddamn curtains.

-or-

Move to the goddamn woods where the only thing staring at you is a bunch of birds.

-or-

You could commit ritual suicide to avoid the shame of sounding like a d-bag.

hehe. Love it.
Seriously, what are you going to do, tell the cops you think someone *might* be looking in your windows but you don't feel like installing curtains/blinds?

Posted on: 2011/9/27 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe he know how much you hate East Indians and just wants to mess with you.

Or maybe he is really a peeper... does he spend his days in Union Square?

Resized Image

http://www.normalbobsmith.com/amazingstrangers/peepers/

Posted on: 2011/9/27 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I would show the guy lots of weiner and see if that works for him.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like you have a number of options.

You could buy some goddamn curtains.

-or-

Move to the goddamn woods where the only thing staring at you is a bunch of birds.

-or-

You could commit ritual suicide to avoid the shame of sounding like a d-bag.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 14:46

A Voyeur or an Idiot?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I recently moved to a first floor apartment with a nice yard. There are only neighbors to my left, all nice people, and we all have fences for privacy. To my right, is a brick wall which is the rear of a garage.

Thing is directly facing my windows, apartment, kitchen, and my entire yard is another building which faces another street. This one has no windows on the side of the house. But a sloped area which provides the roof to an indoor/outdoor terraced space. A new tenant at this property has climbed out of his window, set up a chair facing my windows, apartments and yard and just sits there staring. Sometimes on a cell phone sometimes not.

My lady friend got freaked out by it, and a female neighbor of mine complained to me that she got so un-nerved that she has to close all her blinds.

One day recently I was barbecueing in my yard, turned around, looked up and saw this idiot (Male, East Indian gentleman, seems to be in his thirties) just sitting in his chair staring at me. I had a talk with him, and he just smiled and said no problem (here we go again, freakin' mantra with these people). I told him I was deadly serious, and this was very close to being a police concern and if I catch him staring at my windows, my lady friend or me one more time I will complain to the cops and his landlord.

It stopped for a few weeks, but this morning, I saw him putting a chair outside of his window, and pulling it to the edge of the roof again.

What does anyone else think? I've watched this idiot covertly, and noticed him staring ahead , seemingly at all the apartment windows, sometimes on a phone, sometimes not. Should I just call the cops next time I catch this?

Posted on: 2011/9/27 14:35

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017