Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Hamilton Park dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
The other morning I saw some guy who was letting his little white lap dog roam through the fenced in placescape.
This HOT guy came RUNNING in after him "Hey, do you mind not walking your dog here?"
He was dressed for jogging and I slowed my walk to see what would happen.
He must be as smart as he is good looking because he totally defused this older shaved headd glasses wearing dude.
Oh, and today some tall Asian chick had the furry terrier grayish 35 pounder on one of those fishing reel leases.
The dog was all in and out of the plantings by the same playscape. Gross.
that's why I only sometimes cut thru the park and never hang there, people suck.
Except for the hot guy - blue shirt, dark blue shorts, prolly married.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

OlataPhagyna wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
The problem with your statement is that it doesn't reflect what actually happens in the park. The other day I was walking my dogs on leash where I am allowed to be when this young daddy starts giving me sh*t. "Hey, can't you read"? Blah, blah, blah. I offered a wager of "any amount of money" that I was allowed to be there and that I would wait right there while he called the police. Instead he got all huffy and stormed off. He was totally in the wrong as have been several people over the last couple of years. They don't understand the signage and the signs have been purposely left in that ambiguous state just to provoke reactions from the misinformed. I will probably end up altering them myself. For instance, "This Garden is a Pet Free Zone".

Come on Vigilante, you?re not being entirely accurate here. Only one of your dogs was on a leash, you were asked a question not ?harassed?, and my husband isn?t really that young, but I?m sure he?d appreciate the compliment. What you are accurate in is that the signs are misleading. I didn?t think they would need to put signs in a gated garden stating that it is pet free. It seemed absurd that you would have to tell dog owners to keep their dogs out of the plants. So I had to assume it meant the whole area. If that?s not the case, well then yes, we were misinformed. I will be sure to bow down and kiss your feet next time I see you for setting us straight.

Fair enough. Your husband could have been more polite. The question he asked was "Can't you read"?! In any case I am glad you now understand my point. The signs in the garden should be for keeping both man and beast out. Children have done a lot more damage to plants and trees than any 50 dogs. Also, soccer players of all ages have been doing damage to the lawns. In my opinion an adult male with a soccer ball should be held just as responsible as an adult male walking a dog. Also, from my point of view your husband is young.

On or off a leash, a soccer ball will never bite you.

Please show us any recent cases of dogs biting people in the park.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

OlataPhagyna wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
The problem with your statement is that it doesn't reflect what actually happens in the park. The other day I was walking my dogs on leash where I am allowed to be when this young daddy starts giving me sh*t. "Hey, can't you read"? Blah, blah, blah. I offered a wager of "any amount of money" that I was allowed to be there and that I would wait right there while he called the police. Instead he got all huffy and stormed off. He was totally in the wrong as have been several people over the last couple of years. They don't understand the signage and the signs have been purposely left in that ambiguous state just to provoke reactions from the misinformed. I will probably end up altering them myself. For instance, "This Garden is a Pet Free Zone".

Come on Vigilante, you?re not being entirely accurate here. Only one of your dogs was on a leash, you were asked a question not ?harassed?, and my husband isn?t really that young, but I?m sure he?d appreciate the compliment. What you are accurate in is that the signs are misleading. I didn?t think they would need to put signs in a gated garden stating that it is pet free. It seemed absurd that you would have to tell dog owners to keep their dogs out of the plants. So I had to assume it meant the whole area. If that?s not the case, well then yes, we were misinformed. I will be sure to bow down and kiss your feet next time I see you for setting us straight.

Fair enough. Your husband could have been more polite. The question he asked was "Can't you read"?! In any case I am glad you now understand my point. The signs in the garden should be for keeping both man and beast out. Children have done a lot more damage to plants and trees than any 50 dogs. Also, soccer players of all ages have been doing damage to the lawns. In my opinion an adult male with a soccer ball should be held just as responsible as an adult male walking a dog. Also, from my point of view your husband is young.

On or off a leash, a soccer ball will never bite you.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

OlataPhagyna wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2011/9/27 14:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 2:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2011/9/27 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
The vote was rigged to be pro-kiddies/playgrounds and anti-dogs/dog runs. You reap what you sow.

wait...what?! there are two huge dog runs in Hamilton Park. they're the size of the basketball court. or the tennis court. or a good portion of the playground. how the heck is that anti-dog?

and I ask this as a childless dog person who doesn't play basketball.

The configuration of the current dog runs divides the space allocated for the dog runs in half and segregates the small dog and large dog run by a pathway. The more favorable orientation would have included a larger dog run for large breeds. But there were two plans oriented this way. One of those included a putting green while the other plan did not, but both plans were otherwise identical. This caused a great deal of confusion and ultimately split the dog vote, particularly since the other two plans were markedly different in design.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
The vote was rigged to be pro-kiddies/playgrounds and anti-dogs/dog runs. You reap what you sow.

wait...what?! there are two huge dog runs in Hamilton Park. they're the size of the basketball court. or the tennis court. or a good portion of the playground. how the heck is that anti-dog?

and I ask this as a childless dog person who doesn't play basketball.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 6:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Ahhh rules. Follow the rules and everyone is happy. I was just pointing out that I used to walk my dog fairly regularly aroud Hamilton Park. I do so no longer because of the histrionics in recent years, and the anti-dog antagonism generated within the HP community. I've personally called in multiple car and home burglaries over the past 15 years, while walking my dog. Just saying I don't walk my dog near HP because of the anti-dog sentiment.

No tears from me mate over your cars nor houses :)

Chill - you get what you ask for.

Wow, what a crybaby. Anti-dog antagonism has driven you away from the park? You have such a thin skin. I wouldn't let a bunch of whiny helicopter parents run me off.

And really, the whole passive-aggressive "You're car is going to get broken into/your house is going to get burglarized because I am not there to watch out for you, and I won't care if you are the victim of a crime" is borderline sociopathic. What about a mugging or a rape? You happy to have that happen, too? Or are you just going to stop phoning in property crimes?

Really, either you watch out for your neighborhood, or you don't. You must get your talking points from nugnfutz.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 3:12
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Bobblehead wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

I think the brat-pack got their way with the HP redevelopment. I'm more than happy to see them suffer the loss of dog owners going anywhere near HP. Let them deal with increased muggings, break-ins and other serious crimes without having the neighborhood watch that dog owners used to provide.
. . .

Chill Neighbors.

Yeah, those two statements don't seem to mesh. You're more than happy to see the supposed chaos that is coming, yet you think your neighbors should "chill"?

Seriously, the "I'm a dog person, those folks with kids are ruining the neighborhood that WE keep safe" are just as bad as the "I have little kids, those filthy animals should be banned from the park" crowd. I hate bratty kids and the parents that enable them; I also hate the self-righteous dog owners who can't peacefully co-exist.

It's a public park in a city, there are rules for sharing the space, stop being such crybabies.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
The unleashed dogs in the park really are a problem, not just because of pooping and pissing everywhere or because dog claws rip up grass, but because some people want to use the park without worrying about an unleashed dog running up to them. People afraid of dogs or uninterested in meeting your unleashed mut should be able to use the park.

On the other hand, the folks who ran the whole "vote for the plan you want" really f4cked up the vote. The two plans with the largest dog runs -- and the two plans most likely to prove attractive to dog owners who tend to let their dogs roam off leash -- had different feature sets. The "dog vote" was split while the "precious little snowflake" vote concentrated on the single plan with the oversized playground layout.

So yeah, it kind of sucks that dogs are still running around unleashed all the time, but the park plan vote was rigged for the breeders. Now everyone gets to suffer.

That was entirely obvious before the votes. The vote was rigged to be pro-kiddies/playgrounds and anti-dogs/dog runs. You reap what you sow.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The unleashed dogs in the park really are a problem, not just because of pooping and pissing everywhere or because dog claws rip up grass, but because some people want to use the park without worrying about an unleashed dog running up to them. People afraid of dogs or uninterested in meeting your unleashed mut should be able to use the park.

On the other hand, the folks who ran the whole "vote for the plan you want" really f4cked up the vote. The two plans with the largest dog runs -- and the two plans most likely to prove attractive to dog owners who tend to let their dogs roam off leash -- had different feature sets. The "dog vote" was split while the "precious little snowflake" vote concentrated on the single plan with the oversized playground layout.

So yeah, it kind of sucks that dogs are still running around unleashed all the time, but the park plan vote was rigged for the breeders. Now everyone gets to suffer.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bobblehead wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

I think the brat-pack got their way with the HP redevelopment. I'm more than happy to see them suffer the loss of dog owners going anywhere near HP. Let them deal with increased muggings, break-ins and other serious crimes without having the neighborhood watch that dog owners used to provide.
. . .

Chill Neighbors.

Yeah, those two statements don't seem to mesh. You're more than happy to see the supposed chaos that is coming, yet you think your neighbors should "chill"?

Seriously, the "I'm a dog person, those folks with kids are ruining the neighborhood that WE keep safe" are just as bad as the "I have little kids, those filthy animals should be banned from the park" crowd. I hate bratty kids and the parents that enable them; I also hate the self-righteous dog owners who can't peacefully co-exist.

It's a public park in a city, there are rules for sharing the space, stop being such crybabies.

Ahhh rules. Follow the rules and everyone is happy. I was just pointing out that I used to walk my dog fairly regularly aroud Hamilton Park. I do so no longer because of the histrionics in recent years, and the anti-dog antagonism generated within the HP community. I've personally called in multiple car and home burglaries over the past 15 years, while walking my dog. Just saying I don't walk my dog near HP because of the anti-dog sentiment.

No tears from me mate over your cars nor houses :)

Chill - you get what you ask for.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

. . .

Chill Neighbors.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 2:13
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I no longer bring my dog to Hamilton Park, mostly because I don't need the drama as illustrated on this thread. And that drama is needless imo.

On the OCD-crowd, I'd just say, your tyke is more likely to contract diseases like MRSA from other kids on your playground equipment, or Lepta from wild/feral animals than from any dog's faeces/urine. You may not have noticed, but there are feral cats, groundhogs, skunks, possums and squirrels that can't read the "Pet-Free" signs in HP. If you are looking for a germ-free lawn for your babies, it's not any HP lawn.

Chill Neighbors.

I'll be damned if I let anyone annoy me to the point of not using the park. I can't wait to tell someone to F@CK off if they mess with me and my dog.

I never realized that I have some anger issues.

+1000. It's my park poo, I mean too.

I have zero problem with HP dog owners pissing off the OCD HP brat-pack folks. The kids are going to get their diseases anyway in my book. With or without dogs.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I no longer bring my dog to Hamilton Park, mostly because I don't need the drama as illustrated on this thread. And that drama is needless imo.

On the OCD-crowd, I'd just say, your tyke is more likely to contract diseases like MRSA from other kids on your playground equipment, or Lepta from wild/feral animals than from any dog's faeces/urine. You may not have noticed, but there are feral cats, groundhogs, skunks, possums and squirrels that can't read the "Pet-Free" signs in HP. If you are looking for a germ-free lawn for your babies, it's not any HP lawn.

Chill Neighbors.

I'll be damned if I let anyone annoy me to the point of not using the park. I can't wait to tell someone to F@CK off if they mess with me and my dog.

+1000. It's my park poo, I mean too.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 1:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 0:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Chill Neighbors.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Chill Neighbors.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 0:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 15:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:

we do not take out the kids to pee and do their stuff in the park ... kids are in the park to play. i have yet to see a parent to take out their kids in the park to go potty ... but almost every single dog owner (a/k/a dogparent) takes out fido to potty ...

Too bad they aren't all trained to use a toilet like this one.

Posted on: 2011/9/26 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Too many parents think the world revolves around their kids and thus are raising a generation of entitled brats.

I don't have the slightest interest in any of this threads contents, this statement however is right on the money.

Posted on: 2011/9/26 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Got harassed again today by some misinformed young daddy as I was walking my dogs. He's another person who thinks that all the lawns are "Pet Free Zones". The signs in the gardens should be changed to "Please Keep Out of the Garden". I have seen many toddlers walking in the garden and destroying plants and flowers. Just the other day a young mom stood idly by as her 7-8 year old daughter broke branches off a young tree. Too many parents think the world revolves around their kids and thus are raising a generation of entitled brats.

Posted on: 2011/9/25 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
maybe we can just get the parents to agree to make their kids pee in the pet areas of the park.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
my god ... you certainly make your parents proud!

you seem to like using this phrase. now that you're an adult, maybe it's time to let go of the need to impress mommy.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
My dogs pee and play in the park. What you don't know won't hurt you.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
My dogs pee and play in the park. What you don't know won't hurt you.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Quote:

Moto wrote:
Quote:

There is a huge difference between dogs peeing in the children's playground and kids peeing behind a tree.

What is the huge difference between dog urine and kid urine? I've never seen a dog pee in the children's playground, but I've seen one too many children pee behind a tree! It's weird and a bad example of what society expects of a person. You are doing your child no favor.
i don't see your point, unless you are valuing a child less than a dog. and in that case, you must have made your parents proud.

urine is urine, and the kids who are taught that peeing anywhere is okay are the kids who are gonna grow up and pee in your doorway after one too many at the Hamilton Ale House.

but you won't mind, because at least it's not dog pee.
i think there seems to be a wide spread misconception here why dogs and kids pee (in the park) ...

(a) dogs pee because they are marking their territory and nature has conditioned them to do so. dog owners take them out to let them go outside ...

(b) kids pee because their bladder is small growing, they are learning how to use the potty (and potentially control themselves), and when they play in the playground, they occasionally tend to forget that there is a need to ... pee ...

i do not see many 5 -7 year old kids pee in the park ... but i sure see many dogs that are older than that (both in human and in dog years) who freely mark their territory ...

we do not take out the kids to pee and do their stuff in the park ... kids are in the park to play. i have yet to see a parent to take out their kids in the park to go potty ... but almost every single dog owner (a/k/a dogparent) takes out fido to potty ...

and there is something different between a 30 year drunk a$$hat peeing by a tree at 3 am coming home from a bar (which can be a career ending criminal offense) and a 3-year old rushing behind a tree not to wet herself ....

and if you do not get the difference, my god ... you certainly make your parents proud!

Posted on: 2011/9/8 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Quote:

Moto wrote:
Quote:

There is a huge difference between dogs peeing in the children's playground and kids peeing behind a tree.

What is the huge difference between dog urine and kid urine? I've never seen a dog pee in the children's playground, but I've seen one too many children pee behind a tree! It's weird and a bad example of what society expects of a person. You are doing your child no favor.
i don't see your point, unless you are valuing a child less than a dog. and in that case, you must have made your parents proud.

urine is urine, and the kids who are taught that peeing anywhere is okay are the kids who are gonna grow up and pee in your doorway after one too many at the Hamilton Ale House.

but you won't mind, because at least it's not dog pee.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 11:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Moto wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2011/9/8 6:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/20 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2011/9/8 4:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tali wrote:
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Quote:

Tali wrote:
Just because you have a dog, doesn't mean all all dog owners are irresponsible. Since moving here, I've been pleasantly surprised at how many dog owners really care about the neighborhood, picking up their dog poop and love DT JC because of the park. Since I've moved here, I was shocked to see 2 separate incidences of kids urinating on the grass and were encouraged to do this by the parents, who must have been too lazy to find a loo. How is that okay? Does anyone complain about kids urinating on the grass where we picnic? Seems to me the dog folks are the "eyes and ears" of the neighborhood and make it a safer place. When I'm walking home from work after dark, I do feel more comforted seeing so many people out with their dogs. Don't think it makes sense to single them out and make the park so unavailable to them.
you may not be aware of the fact that there are no public restrooms in the park or in its vicinity. just sayin' :

True, no public restrooms. But there is a portable one by the basketball courts... they're probably not optimal for kids, but still I don't think its cool for kids to urinate on the lawn.

You are mistaken. There is none, except when there is league play. There is a huge difference between dogs peeing in the children's playground and kids peeing behind a tree. But, perhaps you don't get it.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 2:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 2:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Quote:

Tali wrote:
Just because you have a dog, doesn't mean all all dog owners are irresponsible. Since moving here, I've been pleasantly surprised at how many dog owners really care about the neighborhood, picking up their dog poop and love DT JC because of the park. Since I've moved here, I was shocked to see 2 separate incidences of kids urinating on the grass and were encouraged to do this by the parents, who must have been too lazy to find a loo. How is that okay? Does anyone complain about kids urinating on the grass where we picnic? Seems to me the dog folks are the "eyes and ears" of the neighborhood and make it a safer place. When I'm walking home from work after dark, I do feel more comforted seeing so many people out with their dogs. Don't think it makes sense to single them out and make the park so unavailable to them.
you may not be aware of the fact that there are no public restrooms in the park or in its vicinity. just sayin' :

True, no public restrooms. But there is a portable one by the basketball courts... they're probably not optimal for kids, but still I don't think its cool for kids to urinate on the lawn.

Posted on: 2011/9/7 2:59

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017