Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Officiant / Civil Union
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

scout99 wrote:
Anyone know of a licensed Officiant in JC to perform a simple civil union ceremony? Tried City Hall and the usual govt places but they only do them Mon-Fri and we need a weekend to do it.

(Yes, we know gays can get married in NY now, which we plan to do next year, but for now we need a legal union for health insurance purposes).

Thanks.

My understanding is that anyone who is allowed to perform marriages in NJ can also perform civil unions. So if you have a friend/family member who is a minister or judge, that will work.

You can also ask a friend/family member to become ordained through the Universal Life Church. My brother became a minister to perform my wedding ceremony in NJ and it was super easy - free and less than 5 minutes online for him to become a legal officiant. He signed our marriage license and I have a copy of our marriage certificate, so I can vouch that it works!

ETA: If you're just looking for someone to get it done, my husband is also a Universal Life Minister and we live in JC (obviously). I'm sure he'd be happy to help. FYI - it takes 72 hours to get a marriage or civil union license.

Posted on: 2011/9/16 18:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/1 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
BINGO! Got it, thanks so much.

Posted on: 2011/9/16 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/9/16 18:02

Officiant / Civil Union

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/1 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone know of a licensed Officiant in JC to perform a simple civil union ceremony? Tried City Hall and the usual govt places but they only do them Mon-Fri and we need a weekend to do it.

(Yes, we know gays can get married in NY now, which we plan to do next year, but for now we need a legal union for health insurance purposes).

Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/9/16 17:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017