Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown: Saturday 9pm -- Wayne Street man shot while sitting on his porch talking with a neighbor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks GP, he is a good guy, a little gossipy like Ms Jenkins from In Living Color lol, but a really good guy. If I hear anything else I will let you all know. Have a good safe weekend.

Posted on: 2011/9/9 3:59

Re: Downtown: Saturday 9pm -- Wayne Street man shot while sitting on his porch talking with a neighbor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
... our neighbor M who is all up in everyone's business...

So nothing had been said -- I just thought with your first comment there might have been some kind of an exchange.

We found that Downtown was pretty empty over the holiday weekend -- a lot of non-Downtowners were at the bars -- Barcade for one had a lot of people we have never seen before.

Glad to hear M is ok! I would say he's lucky but...

Posted on: 2011/9/8 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Did M tell more details about what happened?

No, no more details. The only other info I have is M was in and out of the emergency room in about 90 minutes. I have to say, I honestly believe this was random, no words were spoke and M saw the gun and just sat there quietly crapping himself, Instead of screaming he has a gun or running, he was frozen as I assume I would be as well.. I could be wrong but this dude has been nothing but stellar and a hard worker and great neighbor. And I KNOW this has nothing to do with anything, but since the JJ leaves out race, the shooters were African American and M's family is from the middle east. Take that as you may or rip me a new ass. don't really give a sh$t. Be safe everyone, random crap can happen anywhere.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 1:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/13 3:49
Group:
Registered Users
Spot Crime lists 2 shooting/stabbings in addition to this one that both occurred on the same date within 30 minutes of this crime (See the 1st, 2nd and 3rd item listed here when you scroll down at Spot Crime). One in particular was very near this shooting on Wayne St.

Assuming that the Spot Crime info is correct (and maybe it isn't because I haven't heard of the other 2 incidents anywhere else), does anyone know anything about the other 2 crimes?

If all of these things really happened, I suppose it could be coincidental but seems more than a little troubling that all 3 would occur within 30 minutes of each other and in such close proximity.

Posted on: 2011/9/7 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
I live right next door to where this happened, we heard the 3 shots and honestly did not think It was shots fired, we even made a horrible joke of how it was probably our neighbor M who is all up in everyone's business. Sadly our joke was real and he was shot, and thank god he is ok. Just a FYI the police only found 2 casings/bullets, after they left our neighbor who was talking to M when he was shot found the other one with his cell phone light....and had to call the police back. I overhead a cop say "how embarrassing". Anyway it was so random. The weird part is that M told us the guys who shot him were older like in their late 40's not 20's or 30's like this article states.

Did M tell more details about what happened?

Posted on: 2011/9/7 9:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live right next door to where this happened, we heard the 3 shots and honestly did not think It was shots fired, we even made a horrible joke of how it was probably our neighbor M who is all up in everyone's business. Sadly our joke was real and he was shot, and thank god he is ok. Just a FYI the police only found 2 casings/bullets, after they left our neighbor who was talking to M when he was shot found the other one with his cell phone light....and had to call the police back. I overhead a cop say "how embarrassing". Anyway it was so random. The weird part is that M told us the guys who shot him were older like in their late 40's not 20's or 30's like this article states.

Posted on: 2011/9/7 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
owlie wrote: " I knew it was definitely a gun, but no one else seemed even phased by the whole thing." ???!!!
Are you kidding me? WHY is no one phased by this???!!!!!
Probably because it stems from the crowd across from the Barrow Mansion.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
" I knew it was definitely a gun, but no one else seemed even phased by the whole thing." ???!!!
Are you kidding me? WHY is no one phased by this???!!!!!

Posted on: 2011/9/6 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
i was walking down grove street towards wayne when this happened. there were three gunshots, but i couldn't see anything. as i got closer to wayne, everyone was going about their business like nothing happened! i saw the ambulances and asked one bystander what happened so i knew it was definitely a gun, but no one else seemed even phased by the whole thing.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty creepy. I wonder if the guy knew the shooter?

Posted on: 2011/9/6 13:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
bump.

Any update on this?

Posted on: 2011/9/6 12:45

Downtown: Saturday 9pm -- Wayne Street man shot while sitting on his porch talking with a neighbor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Jersey City man is shot in arm while chatting with neighbor, reports say Monday, September 05, 2011, 6:51 PM By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal A man was shot Saturday near Wayne and Grove streets in Jersey City as he sat on his porch talking with a neighbor, reports said. A Jersey City man was shot through the left arm Saturday night while sitting on his porch in Downtown Jersey City, police reports said. Police were called to a house on Wayne Street near Grove Street at 9 p.m. where they met the 30-year-old man who said he was sitting on his porch chatting with his neighbor when two men approached the house, reports said. One of the men raised a black semi-automatic handgun and fired three shots without saying a word, reports said, adding the suspects then continued walking toward Marin Boulevard. While the neighbor called 911, the victim bandaged his arm and waited for an ambulance, reports said. The victim was treated at Jersey City Medical Center for a non-life threatening gunshot wound in his left biceps, with an exit wound in the back of his arm, reports said. The victim said the suspects were dressed in black and in their late 20s or early 30s. Police recovered two bullets inside the victim's house -- one in the hallway behind a hole in the front door and another under the victim's bed just below another bullet hole in the wall, reports said. A .45-mm shell casing was also found outside the neighbor's property, reports said.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 3:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017