Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Officer kills man, 28, who points gun at him and police dog Froto
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Of course the politicians have the right to talk to the family. The politicians should also speak to the public about how they counseled the family about how decent people need to raise their kids. Hopefully they asked the family to co-operate with authorities and give up the names of the rest of the people in this guy's group because obviously he was protecting something so valuable that he needed a machine gun. They owe that to the other people in the community who live in fear because of the thugs with the weapons. Do you think they did? While it's terribly sad that someone f**ked up their own life by choosing the wrong path to go down, the politicians should be trying to reassure the public that they are not protecting the bad people. If someone chose to carry an automatic weapon, discharge it in the city, point it at a cop...that guy chose poorly. Very sad story.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 17:03

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Officer kills man, 28, who points gun at him and police dog Froto
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
Usually, USUALLY I would be siding with you, but I have read many different accounts of this story. Two known facts the cop that arrived on the scene was dispatched out to a call of shots fired in the area, secondly they came upon this man who they were chasing from the scene, he had this gun around his neck on a shoelace, it was photographed and printed in the paper. Several blocks from where he was shot and where the inital call came in was the shell casings of.... ta-da! HIS GUN... so its not hard to believe he was aiming it anywhere he please, agreed it was a tragedy, a tragedy that he did something so STUPID that his life was taken away from him, no one deserves to die and as much as I not really care for the JCPD force, they would not have deserved to die either because they didn't want to hurt someone who was pointing a gun at them. Though, I do think if a cop is going to shoot his weapon it should be to disable or disarm them just my opinion but I believe he was justified anyways.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Let's agree we're all speculating. Let's await the full investigation.

I have never claimed the JCPD officer did anything wrong. And I don't think he did. I have just been saying that the family have every right to question what happened, and our pols have every right to talk to the family. I don't get the attitude. Even if the guy is 100% guilty, why wouldn't we want to try to learn something from it?

Posted on: 2011/9/6 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Only 4 shots by the cop ? Damn, if I was the cop and he pointed a gun at me, he'd be shot more then 4 times and I'd even let the dog bite his sorry ass for good measure.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 6:21
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Usually, USUALLY I would be siding with you, but I have read many different accounts of this story. Two known facts the cop that arrived on the scene was dispatched out to a call of shots fired in the area, secondly they came upon this man who they were chasing from the scene, he had this gun around his neck on a shoelace, it was photographed and printed in the paper. Several blocks from where he was shot and where the inital call came in was the shell casings of.... ta-da! HIS GUN... so its not hard to believe he was aiming it anywhere he please, agreed it was a tragedy, a tragedy that he did something so STUPID that his life was taken away from him, no one deserves to die and as much as I not really care for the JCPD force, they would not have deserved to die either because they didn't want to hurt someone who was pointing a gun at them. Though, I do think if a cop is going to shoot his weapon it should be to disable or disarm them just my opinion but I believe he was justified anyways.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2011/9/6 6:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
And what if the kid was just bullied into carrying it for someone else....

Keep in mind that this "kid" was 28 and had served time for firearms as well as drug dealing...

Resized Image

...and the "it" in question was essentially a 30 round submachine gun...

Resized Image

...and do many bullies now arm their victims?

Posted on: 2011/9/6 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/9/6 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
yeah ok, you can speculate all you want. that's cool. I'll tell you this much, nobody with a mac-11 in their possession is going to get "bullied" into anything. Do you see the clip in that gun? That magazine holds enough rounds to take out a whole precinct. Stop making excuses for this man's behavior. He's responsible for his own actions, and actions have consequences. Unfortunately for him, his actions put innocent lives in danger and the officers on the scene reacted accordingly.

I do agree with you on one point, and that's your point that our justice system is flawed. I think there should be a full investigation as well, and I'm sure there will be. That's usually protocol.

Other than that, stop calling this grown man a "kid."

Posted on: 2011/9/6 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And what if the kid was just bullied into carrying it for someone else....

Posted on: 2011/9/6 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
pot....meet kettle

Posted on: 2011/9/6 0:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Seagull wrote: The gun in the photo is an Ingram Mac-11 Sub-compact machine guns like this one are capable of 1200 rounds a minute and easily mowing down a crowd of people let alone one cop. People own this kind of weapon with the intention of killing many people in a hurry, and it's a preferred weapon for drive-by shootings due to it's incredibly fast rate of fire and it's compact nature...
http://world.guns.ru/smg/usa/ingram-mac-m10-and-m11-e.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC-11

Posted on: 2011/9/6 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Seagull - you've prejudged everything. A cop killed a kid allegedly carrying a gun. His parents are in mourning and are looking for answers. Everyone including you have already declared the kid guilty. Without any investigation nor trial.

When I used the term "slaves", it was a reference to the poor, underpriviledged, and anyone you care to throw under the bus. The USA has a bit of a checkered history on this.

I don't need the press to justify to me why a kid was executed. I don't need some sychophants on JCLIst to parrot the reasons from the JJ as to why the kid was executed. I'd like to see a real independent investigation as to what happened, and a real clearing of JCPD on the incident. And I genuinely believe JCPD did nothing wrong. But I believe JUSTICE needs to be seen to be done.

Seagull - stop rattling like an empty can.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 0:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
lol...so are these "slaves" of all colors or are you being a racist?

Posted on: 2011/9/5 23:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
...and the last 3 posts are exactly why the USA has due process, otherwise we'd have a line of slaves strung up on trees.

None of you folks were there. None of you witnessed what happened. DONT READ ME THE NEWSPAPER ACCOUNT IF YOU WERE NOT THERE. I can read. YOU DONT KNOW THE FACTS UNLESS YOU WERE A WITNESS.

YES I'm inclined to believe the police account. But the family has the right to make sure the right thing was done, and the right to some personal dignity.

wtfu

Posted on: 2011/9/5 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
The "victim" is not a victim at all. He was the damn aggressor. His family only has the right to bury him at this point. How dare they cry foul when their family member threatened a cop who had been called to the scene. Maybe it will be a lesson to the rest of the family not to behave in such an anti-social way. Ridiculous people!

Posted on: 2011/9/5 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The gun in the photo is an Ingram Mac-11

Sub-compact machine guns like this one are capable of 1200 rounds a minute and easily mowing down a crowd of people let alone one cop. People own this kind of weapon with the intention of killing many people in a hurry, and it's a preferred weapon for drive-by shootings due to it's incredibly fast rate of fire and it's compact nature.

This is an open and closed case, but if the family of the "victim" wishes to challenge, they have their right to challenge and lose.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 16:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
Challenge. Challenge what, he broke the LAW. He committed an act of violence, he threatened how many innocent people by firing a gun into the streets, he POINTED a gun at a cop. A cop who showed his intentions to arrest him by NOT firing at him until the threat of possibly being killed was there. Another thing public opinion, I think not. The law is the law, and it is not a matter of public opinion it is a matter of facts. You dont put people on trial because of public opinion, you put them on trial because of facts. The facts of the matter are simple the shooter ( not shooting victim, because you are NOT the victim if you are the one breaking the law) has the chance to put down his weapon and be arrested. His decision was to run and then THREATEN the lives of two police ( yes Froto is a police officer also) officers. Bad choice on his part.

Lets go over the FACTS. 1 The officers responded to a call for someone shooting a gun. 2 The officers located the man shooting the gun. 3 The officers attempted to arrest the man shooting the gun. 4 The man shooting the gun decided to run from the police. 5 The man who had beend shooting the gun then points the gun at the police. 6 The police officers lives ARE now in danger. 7 The officers shoot the man in possession of the gun. 8 The man with the gun is not shot in the back he wa shot in the chest, which means he was no longer running away he stopped to fire on the police.

Public opinion what would you like the police to do beg and plead with the man to stop shooting at them , I think not. He was given a LAWFUL COMMAND to stop and put down his weapon. He chose otherwise and now he is dead. As far as the politicians going to visit the family, I think that is wrong they need to stay out of it. I never see them visit the families of the victims of killings anyother time. I never read about them visiting family members of people that die in car crashes or other tragic accidents.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elsie wrote:
I'm sorry but if you point a gun at a cop you're going to get shot. And you should be shot, because you are too stupid to be running around town with a gun.

Good job JCPD

Justice isn't a pitchfork and a noose. The shooting victim's family is entitled to justice, not trial by public opinion. That's America. I personally don't think JCPD did anything wrong. But I believe the dead guy's family has the right to challenge.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 1:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/30 1:59
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sorry but if you point a gun at a cop you're going to get shot. And you should be shot, because you are too stupid to be running around town with a gun.

Good job JCPD

Posted on: 2011/9/5 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Is it common for this many elected officials to visit like that?

Quote:

Family members of the man killed by a Jersey City police officer on Saturday said yesterday the felon would never have pointed a gun at a cop and they want to see any evidence that proves otherwise.

...?My nephew was no angel, but my nephew was not crazy enough to pull a gun on an officer.?

...?I never thought it would be by the cops. He was shot in a robbery before and drove himself to the hospital. The cops, they are supposed to be here to serve and protect.?

...Assemblyman Charles Mainor and state Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham visited Kittrell?s grieving mother Sunday.

?I did go over to the mother?s house, not to take sides but to console a mother who lost her child,? Mainor said yesterday. ?We prayed, myself and Sen. Cunningham, and just consoled the mother.?

...Jersey City Councilwoman Viola Richardson and Hudson County Freeholder Jeffrey Dublin also visited Kittrell?s mother.

...The prosecutor said Kittrell was carrying a gun and was apparently intoxicated when he ran from the officer and his K-9 partner Froto. DeFazio said Mecka shot Kittrell when Kittrell pointed the gun at the police officer and Froto.?

I've met both Froto and his handler and I believe they are both a credit to JCPD. But the dead man's family has EVERY right to question whether justice was done, and our elected officials have EVERY right to visit the suspect/victim's family.

Not sure who said it: "Justice not only needs to be done, but also needs to be seen to be done".

Posted on: 2011/9/5 0:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/20 4:39
Group:
Registered Users
Good guys 1 : Bad guys 0

Well done Officer Mecka. Be safe and keep your partner safe and happy.

Posted on: 2011/9/4 23:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
felon, drunk, with a gun running from Police then points gun at police...........result, dead felon.

excellent work by police and one less felon our tax dollars pays for to hold in prison.

you normally carry a gun to threaten and rob innocent individuals of their hard earned assets. we often read how innocent individuals are killed over a cell phone.

I'll sleep easy knowing this cheap dime store, gun carrying ass-wipe from the hood is now 6 feet under. no sympathy to the family for raising such an ass-wipe - they failed as a mother and family.

most likely this ass-wipe never earned an honest dollar in his life

Posted on: 2011/8/3 6:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

These Ward F pols know who their constituents are. And they know how unlikely it is that anyone elsewhere in this town will remember this nonsense at election time, when one of them might be running for mayor.

So sad that the shock to the family wasn't that this thug was killed, but that the police did it, not another gangster.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 5:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You lost me?

Quote:

CSXrailfan wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Quote:

Family members of the man killed by a Jersey City police officer on Saturday said yesterday the felon would never have pointed a gun at a cop and they want to see any evidence that proves otherwise.

...?My nephew was no angel, but my nephew was not crazy enough to pull a gun on an officer.?

...?I never thought it would be by the cops. He was shot in a robbery before and drove himself to the hospital. The cops, they are supposed to be here to serve and protect.?

...Assemblyman Charles Mainor and state Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham visited Kittrell?s grieving mother Sunday.

?I did go over to the mother?s house, not to take sides but to console a mother who lost her child,? Mainor said yesterday. ?We prayed, myself and Sen. Cunningham, and just consoled the mother.?

...Jersey City Councilwoman Viola Richardson and Hudson County Freeholder Jeffrey Dublin also visited Kittrell?s mother.

...The prosecutor said Kittrell was carrying a gun and was apparently intoxicated when he ran from the officer and his K-9 partner Froto. DeFazio said Mecka shot Kittrell when Kittrell pointed the gun at the police officer and Froto.?

Contrary to the barometer on this site, not every person in the world celebrates death.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 4:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Contrary to the barometer on this site, not every person in the world celebrates death.

Quote:

Froto is my favorite jersey City officer. Is there anything that dog cant do?

It doesn't seem like the dog did much of anything in this case.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Posted on: 2011/8/3 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Froto is my favorite jersey City officer. Is there anything that dog cant do?

Posted on: 2011/8/3 2:52

Re: Family of man slain by Jersey City cop during Saturday incident question official account
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Why did the JJ even publish this garbage?

Posted on: 2011/8/2 14:42

Re: Family of man slain by Jersey City cop during Saturday incident question official account
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
The actual gun:
Resized Image

The guy:
Resized Image

The police:
Resized Image

Thanks, JJ

Posted on: 2011/8/2 14:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
This is a perfect example of how things are all ass backwards in our society today.

A convicted felon running from the cops, armed and turns to the cop chasing him and pointing his weapon at the cop and the thug is the victum ???

My heart goes out to the victum and his family.....GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Good Job JCPD!

Posted on: 2011/8/2 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Tied around his neck with a shoelace? Firing shots in the neighborhood? Pointing the weapon at an officer? I would say this guy paid the correct price for his foolishness.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/8/2 14:15

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017