Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: The loud motorcycle tearing through Downtown this morning
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
if it's not fireworks, this seems like a good substitute..

Posted on: 2013/1/30 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
he's back!

revving at 2am.

what a manly-man.

Posted on: 2013/1/30 7:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2011/9/17 15:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/6 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
"Friends and family of motorcyclist killed in accident Wednesday in Jersey City gather at memorial on Heights street corner to share memories"

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... d_family_of_motorcyc.html

Posted on: 2011/9/17 12:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One of the Jersey City Heights Bikers I was complaining about was killed in a motorcycle accident this past Wed. on RT 440. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... orcycle_is_killed_in.html Today I was walking down Central and I saw 3 kids with the saddest looks on their faces and I asked them what happend? They said their father died in a motorcycle accident on Wed. They were sitting outside his home (Central and Thorne) where he spent alot of time cleaning his motorcycle, listening to music and hanging with his friends. He left behind 2 teenage daughters and 1 teenage son. They looked terribly sad. He told me he belonged to the Hell's Angels group, among others. Several of his biker friends were with the family on Central and Thorne where they have flowers and candles. He and his family live above a business on Central and Thorne. I'm assuming the flowers and candles are there because he spent alot of time there sitting on his chair cleaning his motorcycle and car. The mother and kids still live there. I saw him a few days ago and I would say hi to him on occasion, I also feel terribly sad. SAMMY MORALES RIP Ride with the wind. Sammy Morales Sammy Morales My neighbor says he belongs to the Hell's Angles, Jersey City NJ.

Posted on: 2011/9/17 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
i am a local motorcyclist and i'm willing to bet that i have a higher IQ than that fellow.

also, my bike is not quiet. not that you were implying any direct relationship between the decibel level of a motorcycle and the IQ of its owner. that would just be silly.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Unfortunately, this is the IQ of the motorcyclists around here. BTW? Go on Youtube and search "stupid motorcyclist". There are hundreds of videos like this one.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 16:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/7 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
The other day walking near Columbus and Coles a group of guys on their Harley's pulled up to a red light. Sure enough straight pipe exhaust, but they were also wearing their Hoboken Motorcycle Club denim jackets (one of the few clubs that allows denim as well as leather vests). Hoboken MC is located just north of Hamilton Park in JC and they seem to make frequent trips through downtown.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 16:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/14 14:05
Group:
Registered Users
There's a group of those douch bags on motorcycles who speed through the Heights, roving the streets all weekend, and I heard them Sunday night at 2.30/3ish.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I heard some douchebag riding his motorcycle in Paulus Hook last night at 2 am and then again at 6 am. I'm not sure if it was the same person but it was LOUD. What kind of asshole rides around in a loud mufflerless motorcycle at 2 am????? Then while driving on Grand street this morning at about 7:50, there was a guy in very loud green kawasaki. Maybe it was the same guy, maybe not, but the thought of running him over in my SUV did cross my mind.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
a truck that old, with carbeurators, takes some warming up. also an engine of that age sometimes needs to given gas to avoid stalling out.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 17:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/30 11:50
Group:
Registered Users
There is a guy on varick between york & bright who flares his muffler all the time - you'd think it was a motorcycle but its an old customized truck. he LOVES to make it roar. And he could care less that us (and our sleeping kids) get the audio abuse. Yes, its "the city", but its the sum of its parts - if people are ambivalent and obnoxious (motorbikes are rigged, like the truck, to make LOUD NOISE) then they should expect some negative feedback.

garbage trucks cannot help but be loud. rigged mufflers are intended to be obnoxious. only the guy pushing the accelerator finds the output of his truck or bike pleasing! sure, say something to the noise makers, it might help!

Posted on: 2011/8/31 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Since it's so acceptable in "city living" my new late night hobbies will be:

Fireworks shows
Klan meetings
Stoopside band practice
Teaching dogs to "speak"
Lawrence Welk record listening parties
Method acting classes
Vanilla Ice record listening parties
Karaoke
Remote control model car/airplane races
Year round Christmas caroling
Distributing Watchtower magazine
Revving a motorcycle engine

They all sound perfectly acceptable.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I had a neighbor once in a condo block, who always complained about noise that supposedly came from my condo. She asked me not to watch my TV, flush my toilet, open or close doors, do laundry or make unreasonable noise after 11pm. To be a nice guy, I actually tried to humor her. She then wrote to the condo owners and stated that I would dial my own home phone from outside, and leave it ringing for hours just to annoy her.

One day I got a note through the door, it wasn't intended for me but for another neighbor. It said "Sorry to disturb you. I've just called an ambulance because I'm not feeling well. I hope the noise of the ambulance doesn't bother you". Sadly, she died. If she had knocked on my door I would have given her any help I could, and today she might still be alive.

Is there a point to this? Dunno. We live in a city. If the noise is excessive, call the police and let them deal with it. Sometimes the person complaining has the problem imo.
that's just craaazzzy. In Newark someone once called a noise complaint on my house. I rolled out of bed and thought the cops were joking because everyone was asleep.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 14:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I had a neighbor once in a condo block, who always complained about noise that supposedly came from my condo. She asked me not to watch my TV, flush my toilet, open or close doors, do laundry or make unreasonable noise after 11pm. To be a nice guy, I actually tried to humor her. She then wrote to the condo owners and stated that I would dial my own home phone from outside, and leave it ringing for hours just to annoy her.

One day I got a note through the door, it wasn't intended for me but for another neighbor. It said "Sorry to disturb you. I've just called an ambulance because I'm not feeling well. I hope the noise of the ambulance doesn't bother you". Sadly, she died. If she had knocked on my door I would have given her any help I could, and today she might still be alive.

Is there a point to this? Dunno. We live in a city. If the noise is excessive, call the police and let them deal with it. Sometimes the person complaining has the problem imo.

It's true sometimes the person complaining has the problem. For the most part, the Heights is considered a quiet part of Jersey City. I live right on Central Ave, and my apartment faces Central Ave, so I've decided to move when my lease is up to a side street or a few blocks away from Central.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 10:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tqwert2 wrote:
If someone posts the location of the bike in question, I promise to reduce to it an unrideable condition. Let's get some results going here!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/8/31 10:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/8/31 3:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live in the Heights where there are a group of bikers and I just deal with it, like everyone else in the Heights. I'm sure some of you know the bikers I'm referring to, they are older men who don't mean any harm. They just like their bikes.

I hear garbage trucks, delivery trucks to Central Avenue, loud music, people walking by and talking, neighbors standing outside talking/laughing. I have to accept it, because that is the way it is.

I have thought about moving to a more quiet part of JC when my lease is up.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 3:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 17:55
Group:
Registered Users
With all that's happening lately, this is what people are upset about?? Sad :(

Posted on: 2011/8/31 2:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
If someone posts the location of the bike in question, I promise to reduce to it an unrideable condition. Let's get some results going here!

Posted on: 2011/8/31 1:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/19 18:07
Group:
Banned
Quote:

CatDog wrote:

what's unreasonable and disrespectful about complaining about a dude that's waking up half the neighborhood with his unnecessarily loud bike? By talking about it, we can maybe make progress on finding out who the douchebag is, or encouraging people to report it to the police. By demanding people keep shut about it and just stew to themselves, we would accomplish nothing.

We're having an issue of miscommunication. By no means am I telling people to just shut up. In fact, now knowing that the JCList is putting together a posse to complain about this on the net, I am sure we are going to see results. I am quite happy that, due to the intrepid reporting of dog crap left on the streets of Jersey City here, coupled with the few of you who started blogs about it with pictures, that we can expect this horror show to come to an end very soon, as I never see dog crap in the city anymore. It's worked incredibly well in the past. Maybe, once again, The Cane will be impressed. I am highly optimistic that we are going to see a lot of results as a direct result of the awareness raised here.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 23:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheCaneOfPain wrote:

But, the fact of the matter is that you aren't a reasonable or respectful citizen either. Thus, you deserve each other. :) Obviously, you get results by whining about it like a timid baby here.
what's unreasonable and disrespectful about complaining about a dude that's waking up half the neighborhood with his unnecessarily loud bike? By talking about it, we can maybe make progress on finding out who the douchebag is, or encouraging people to report it to the police. By demanding people keep shut about it and just stew to themselves, we would accomplish nothing.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

plnj wrote:
Why does nobody put descriptions of the bikes? Maybe its someone that someone on here knows and can ask what the hell he's thinking.
didn't have my glasses on the first few times he went by, and the last time all I could tell was that it was a sports bike (not a chopper) with two people riding on it. I think the dude keeps his bike on 2nd or 3rd or something on the south/west side of newark, because it sounds like that's about when the motoring stopped.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 19:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Perhaps the stupidest comment I have ever read on this website. As if the douche-bags on motorcycles or the drunken a-holes outside the Music Box are going to be reasonable and respectful citizens. Truly the funniest thing I have read on this site.

But, the fact of the matter is that you aren't a reasonable or respectful citizen either. Thus, you deserve each other. :) Obviously, you get results by whining about it like a timid baby here.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TheCaneOfPain wrote:
Quote:

wrensdad wrote:

Classic JC List response.

When people complain about
- inconsiderate noise
- crime
- garbage in the street
- city corruption
- lousy schools
- crazy drivers
tell them to move out.

Maybe we could try to make our city better instead of just telling everyone to get out so that the only ones living in the city are stricken with poverty and crime.

The problem is often that a.) the whiners on this board never have the courtesy to politely request those who engage in the actions that bother them to stop and b.) often demand much more respect than they are ever willing to give. For that norm, yes, move to the suburbs where you can have a yard and a fence and never have to complain about those damn kids on your lawn. Then you can go back to complaining about how Mrs. Jones is a bigger slut than Mrs. Smith.

Perhaps the stupidest comment I have ever read on this website. As if the douche-bags on motorcycles or the drunken a-holes outside the Music Box are going to be reasonable and respectful citizens. Truly the funniest thing I have read on this site.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ok now this is getting hilariously weird.

btw if it was a 1300 that'd make it a late 30's flathead. pretty rare bike and he'd be a jerk to chop it.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 15:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
Why does nobody put descriptions of the bikes? Maybe its someone that someone on here knows and can ask what the hell he's thinking.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 15:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/12 15:19
Group:
Banned
Did you ever see the motorcycles that make all that noise? there are a few.The one that got my attention is the Harley chopper. he rides around my neighborhood , usually in the early morning hours, sunday night. This American bike is the most beautiful bike around. the sound is amazing , I love it. The noise usually wakes me up, but my anger is usually forgotten about as I listen to the growl of his powerfull 1300cc motor. I usually fall back to sleep. Its good to hear a whiteboy making a little noise in this darkened city . ROLL ON EASY RIDER WE LOVE YOU

Posted on: 2011/8/30 11:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

wrensdad wrote:

Classic JC List response.

When people complain about
- inconsiderate noise
- crime
- garbage in the street
- city corruption
- lousy schools
- crazy drivers
tell them to move out.

Maybe we could try to make our city better instead of just telling everyone to get out so that the only ones living in the city are stricken with poverty and crime.

The problem is often that a.) the whiners on this board never have the courtesy to politely request those who engage in the actions that bother them to stop and b.) often demand much more respect than they are ever willing to give. For that norm, yes, move to the suburbs where you can have a yard and a fence and never have to complain about those damn kids on your lawn. Then you can go back to complaining about how Mrs. Jones is a bigger slut than Mrs. Smith.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 10:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
i was just walking back on jersey ave with my dog and this guy came tearing down newark ave...just around when catdog posted.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 6:27

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017