Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Maritime Parc
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I really like this place. I went with my family for my birthday and we enjoyed everything, but particularly the black cod with lobster, the shrimp risotto, the gazpacho (with sunchoke, not tomato), and the beet/feta olive oil that came with the bread. Also, the desserts were delicious, particularly the cobbler, as someone else mentioned. The service was excellent-- the servers were very attentive, and always making sure we had what we needed. They figured it was my birthday when they saw me opening gifts and one of the desserts arrived with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate.
It was odd that the place was nearly empty. It's a bit out of the way but really not far at all from downtown and worth the trip. Jersey City has a dearth of good restaurants, and this one is really good. It's pricey, but the food lives up to expectations.

NJ Monthly wrote a terrific review:
http://njmonthly.com/restaurantreviews/maritime-parc.html

Posted on: 2011/7/31 2:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/5 20:17
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

cdvhjc wrote:
blah blah

If this isn't a shill account, I am the easter bunny.

Oops-- edited so I could actually quote you, bunny:

Yo! It's not. What worries you, the good review or the mostly correct spelling?

Like I said, been reading for a while and never felt my opinions-- Shadman's great! Box is not that great! What's up with loud motorcycles going by at night!-- were that different from the rest of the posts on here. In this case, I had JUST been the night before and, still super happy, wanted to tell this person before they spend their fancy-dinner-bucks elsewhere.

My complaint might have been too many grown men dining in shorts, and that despite a reservation we had to wait 15 minutes at the bar-- big effing deal. Not enough to ruin what was, for me, totally perfect, that evening.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 14:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/5 20:17
Group:
Registered Users
I have to say, I'm very impressed with Martime Parc! (Just signed up to JC list after years of reading to add in my two cents.)

I went for the first time during Restaurant Week in the winter-- the place was pretty empty, and there was something so romantic about being by the water in the cold! Through Restaurant Week is notorious for skimping on the good stuff and giving you small portions... can I say this is NOT the case at Maritime Parc! Our service and food was divine despite the deal. They are generous with their portions, with the bread dish and delicious free pickle-and-feta plate, and their wine pours. Each dish had a flavorful, unique touch-- a special type of mushroom, a house-made ice cream, etc-- and portions were perfect. You could tell service was just getting its legs, but I have to say they were all very polite and on-point, the owner (I think) was incredibly friendly and gave great recommendations without being pushy.

I went back last night, at full price, with my boyfriend to celebrate our anniversary. We chose it because of our great RW experience, knowing it would be a expensive. That being said, this is now our go-to fancy splurge dinner!

- Drinks: Amazing and creative (like the delicious bourbon-and-apricot Undaunted) for just $11 start the dinner off right... plus I had them throughout!
- Appetizers: Fantastic options, something for everyone (Raw bar, veg, nonveg, cheaper or expensive). The grilled oysters with leeks and bacon were just delicious and absolutely perfect to share for two.
- Entrees: portions are GENEROUS and that goes for every component in the dish-- scallops and short rib came with three HUGE and buttery scallops and one huge hunk of meat! My dish, the poached halibut with clams and sausage ragout, was amazing with complex flavors and a light summery feel despite two big chunks of perfect cooked fish.
- Desserts: delicious. The cobbler was especially good!
- Outdoor seating... what can I say! Lovely lighting, music, servers still paying close attention. No bugs and a great view of the marina and both NYC and JC. They also have a bar down by the marina, I'll start there next time!
- The service: just fantastic! We were constantly taken care of, and the owner was super nice and friendly, taking note it was obviously a special night for us and giving us a special treat at the end of it all! We were never rushed or pushed, and his recommendations were spot-on.

Normally my price point for going out is $10-15, so obviously this is a "splurge" place. HOWEVER I do say after trying lots of restaurants in NYC and JC for these "special" nights, Maritime Parc is among my favorites.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 20:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/6 22:30
Group:
Registered Users
Ate here last night for their $20 beer, burger and oysters deal. Nice, fresh oysters, one of the better burgers in town, crispy, tasty fries, and a nice selection of beer.

Not as nice of a view as liberty house, but much better food, friendly service, and a nice outdoor atmosphere.

We will be back to try their many other good looking menu items.

Posted on: 2011/7/1 14:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/30 20:39
Group:
Registered Users
I was underwhelmed when I went on Valentine's Day.

The service was good. The menu had interesting ideas, but some dishes were under-seasoned. Others were ordinary.

Posted on: 2011/6/28 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks - we'd love to have another 'nice' option since Ox's demise.

Also, thanks for the NY Times article, very helpful.

Posted on: 2011/6/26 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 5:56
Group:
Registered Users
would recomend to anyone who is OK with the price points. had a very good meal there a couple months ago. the black cod/lobster hash dish was great, pink snapper was good on a lighter note and the steak was high quality. loved the "mash potato donuts" side.

overall, one of the few places around that succesfuly pulls of the "high end" menu. light horse, Satis and Maritime are the current local trifecta for me.

looking forward to the weekend brunch at some point.

Posted on: 2011/6/26 19:35

Maritime Parc -- NY Times review
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
IT?S hard to imagine anyone more eager for the Big Thaw this spring than the owners of Maritime Parc in Jersey City, tucked away in Liberty State Park flush up against the Liberty Landing Marina. It is also flush up against what was once the eastern end of the Morris Canal, which for much of the 19th century linked Pennsylvania coal country to the Hudson River. That bit of Industrial Age history is lost these days, though, amid the bobbing pleasure craft and imposing views of Jersey City and Lower Manhattan to the north and east, and of the Statue of Liberty off to the south.

It takes some effort to get there, by land or by water (ferries from Jersey City and Manhattan?s financial district put in at the marina), but there is no missing the place once you get close. It sits in a large, octagonal building, originally intended as an office complex but now converted into a ground-level restaurant and bar, with two floors above offering about 18,000 square feet of private-event space and wraparound views.

It is a striking piece of real estate, showcased to great effect by the owners, Marc Haskell and Chris Siversen, who opened Maritime Parc in August. Mr. Siversen, a 42-year-old graduate of the French Culinary Institute, handles the cooking, having spent the past decade or so working in high-end catering in Manhattan.

The restaurant, serving on Thursdays through Sundays until late April, is airy and modern. There are skyline views and three sets of French doors opening out onto a large deck with 100 seats when the weather permits; a few steps down is a separate bar next to the marina. So Maritime Parc is meant to have a porous inside-outside vibe when operating on all cylinders, but for the moment, the action is in the main dining room.

It is a very pleasant place to find yourself on a frosty afternoon or evening. Its sleek white and beige d?cor, warm blond-wood surfaces and clean lines lend a vaguely Nordic feel to the surroundings. Rows of sailboat cleats lining the otherwise unadorned walls add a nautical touch.

An open kitchen faces the marina, with a five-seat chef?s table, and the restaurant has an ambitious, seasonally alert menu.

One evening our table went three for three with memorable appetizers of grilled oysters with leeks and bacon cream, grilled scallops with a mushroom pur?e and potato cake, and feathery gnocchi filled with lobster, ricotta and spinach served in a lobster broth.

Our success rate stayed perfect with our entrees: a pungent roasted black cod with lobster hash, silver-dollar-size medallions of swordfish in a bouillabaisse of butter beans, mussels and clams, and braised short ribs with a side of horseradish cream.

The high point on another visit was the pan-seared pink snapper, whose saltiness was adroitly undercut by the acidity of grapefruit bits and the sweetness of pickled onions. (Those pickled onions come from New Jersey, as do the terrific cheeses, from Valley Shepherd Creamery.)

And a Sunday brunch was highlighted by a plate of briny Beau Soleil oysters from Newfoundland, an excellent burger with crispy duck-fat fries and a perfectly runny dish of baked eggs, spinach, cream and cheese that arrived like a rich telegram from the French countryside.

Though it may be early to make a grand claim for the place ? and it is hard to say what Maritime Parc is like when it is more crowded ? we enjoyed terrific eating, polished in presentation and execution.

That included the desserts, notably a sticky toffee pudding that ? surprisingly ? was not overly sweet, and a simple plate of homemade cookies and milk.

An air of expectancy hovered about the place on my visits last month, not on the plate but in the sparsely filled room and among the servers, who were genial and polished if occasionally distracted. Even the soundtrack, on one frigid Sunday afternoon, featured an unexpected run of Bob Marley, followed by Toots and the Maytals 'Pressure Drop? ? a little weird at the time, but a harbinger of sultry days ahead.

Posted on: 2011/6/26 2:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/10 21:47
From Erie Street
Group:
Registered Users
4 of us ate there in the summer when they first opened. Service was extremely spotty (to be expected) and the food was hit and miss with an emphasis on seafood. Sitting outside with a view of the boats and the skyline at night was a nice touch. We also got a tour of the space (big enough for a wedding reception) on the top floor which was amazing!!! Looking forward to trying it again now that they have been open for a few months.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
www.maritimeparc.com

The Hudson County Chamber of Commerce

Invites you to a special Grand Opening Business Networking Event
Welcoming New Chamber Member

Located on the waterfront of Liberty State Park in Jersey City featuring wraparound Outdoor Terraces with 270 degree Panoramic Views of Downtown Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Liberty Landing Marina.

Monday, September 27, 2010
5:30 p.m. ? 8:30 p.m.

84 Audrey Zapp Drive
Liberty State Park
Jersey City, New Jersey
www.hudsonchamber.org

Posted on: 2010/9/15 18:27

Maritime Parc
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :