Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown: Police arrest Efrain Torres (from the Island Area) in 5 a.m. burglary of SUV
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blockwatcher wrote:
hey pookie....

jaah, dc of jc, and myself actually know this kid.

he will be a life long offender

he doesnt live over here, and has no family in this area. he loiters in front of the barge inn gets drunk and sells drugs all day. He is a menace.

What Blockwatcher said is the straight up truth. He and his brother loiter on Monmouth between Newark and Fourth St and sell drugs, fight, get drunk, loud and obnoxious and cause a lot of problems for the residents who live there. Now I guess you can add burglary to the list. The police/ judge needs to ban him and his gang of hoodlums from the area, residents should not have to endure these punks lowering the quality of life.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 16:13

Re: Downtown: Police arrest Efrain Torres (from the Island Area) in 5 a.m. burglary of SUV
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Morrissey's brilliant tongue in cheek indictment of "Gang Life".

Posted on: 2011/8/2 15:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
In my opinion, you cant build enough jails for these lowlifes, unfortunatley on the backs of the tax payers who have to feed, cloth and have their medical care paid for as well, WHAT A COMPLETE f%$KING JOKE!!!

Set them all afloat on a barge out in the atlantic and have the Navy play Target practice on their Ass !!!

Posted on: 2011/8/2 14:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/23 18:40
Group:
Registered Users
I guess stay positive Pookie2010....

Perhaps the courts work differently in New Jersey, but in most cases a 24 year old (first time offender would be looked at as ?young?, and perhaps a deal could be worked out) but 24 years old, three prior convictions, and new charges while on probation shouldn't be. However this is up to the Prosecutor in the case, what evidence they might have against the defendant, and current criminal statues / rules of procedure.

It would be interesting to see if charges would be dropped or downgraded. However it would seem likely that they wouldn't be given the defendants prior convictions. Again, its all about what evidence they might have against the defendant, how the State looks at ?burglary? (was there intent to commit a felony or theft?)

Personally, a 24 y/o knows the difference between right and wrong. A 24 y/o knows that smashing out a window of a car is vandalism at the very least.

Also
The courts can add any additional requirements to probation they deem appropriate. (ie: mandatory curfew, drug testing, requirements of staying out of certain neighborhoods or away from certain persons.)

Its up to the courts on how and when to impose with such requirements at sentencing.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 14:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/24 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
hey pookie....

jaah, dc of jc, and myself actually know this kid.

he will be a life long offender

he doesnt live over here, and has no family in this area. he loiters in front of the barge inn gets drunk and sells drugs all day. He is a menace.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 13:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/6 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
No one can tell a person where to live, not even an offender. Obviously they have family there or something which is why they hang out there. If their mother lives there, then that is the home address they use whenever they get arrested.

This is a young man, he is not a Life Long Offender (someone who is in their 50s and still in and out of jail). Judges will not turn out the lights on him yet.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pookie2010 wrote:
Well he is still young, so basically he is not considered a Life Long Offender. The Criminal Justice system and many in our society believe he can still be rehabilitated.

I'm not defending him or excusing his behavior at all. All I'm doing is explaining how the court system works.

He will be given a shorter jail term plus fines, and parole or probation. Plus the jails are overcrowded.

Either way he is not getting off the hook, if that makes you feel any better.

One of the requirements of his probation should be he needs to stay away from Monmouth St between Newark Ave and Fifth St. area or face immediate arrest. That is the area this crime was committed not to mention the majority of other crimes he commits daily. The residents need Efrain, his brother Frankie and their crew out of the neighborhood!

Posted on: 2011/8/2 12:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well he is still young, so basically he is not considered a Life Long Offender. The Criminal Justice system and many in our society believe he can still be rehabilitated.

I'm not defending him or excusing his behavior at all. All I'm doing is explaining how the court system works.

He will be given a shorter jail term plus fines, and parole or probation. Plus the jails are overcrowded.

Either way he is not getting off the hook, if that makes you feel any better.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 1:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i was told today by a person in JC government that the prosecutor is going to give him a plea deal with little time.

3 time convicted robber arrested in the act, resisting arrest, while on probation? WTF!

Posted on: 2011/8/2 1:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Obviously crime is on the rise all over the city.

Posted on: 2011/8/1 16:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
Very Important for the victim of the break-in to proceed with the trial or whatever you call it. I caught a car burglar in October of 09' and he's still in Jail. So if you're the victim and you're reading this, please go to court etc. I cannot stand this kid, and his brother. I knew he was an annoying, drug-dealing gangsta wannabe but I didn't ever dream he'd get caught breaking into a car.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blockwatcher wrote:
THANK THE LORD

This guy and his brother have been a menace to monmouth. Police are called on these two all the time for drug dealing and open container and they never show up. Glad to see JCPD actually did their job.

Efrain,s brother's name is Frankie and it is true, they BOTH have been a menace on Monmouth St between Newark and Fourth St for years. Frankie was arrested about a year ago on Monmouth for dealing drugs but was spotted again recently hanging out in his old place of business. These two are responsible for late night fights, drug dealing, public drinking, disturbing the peace and basically acting like they own the block. The JCPD needs to keep a close eye on Frankie now that his thieving ass brother got popped.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 18:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
SO relieved!!!! Now need to arrest his brother and friends for drug dealing right in plain daylight.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Nothing gives greater joy than putting these PoS away. I have had the pleasure of putting 8 away. The looks on their faces when caught is priceless.

And the looks on their faces prior to being caught are typical.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Nothing gives greater joy than putting these PoS away. I have had the pleasure of putting 8 away. The looks on their faces when caught is priceless.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 16:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
THANK THE LORD

This guy and his brother have been a menace to monmouth. Police are called on these two all the time for drug dealing and open container and they never show up. Glad to see JCPD actually did their job.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 13:40

Downtown: Police arrest Efrain Torres (from the Island Area) in 5 a.m. burglary of SUV
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City police arrest suspect in 5 a.m. burglary of SUV at Newark Avenue and Monmouth Street

Published: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Efrain Torres makes his first appearance at Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City yesterday after being arrested on burglary charges after a foot chase with police.

A Jersey City man with three prior burglary convictions was arrested yesterday morning after a Downtown foot chase and charged with burglary, officials said.

Bail for Efrain Torres, 24, of Waldo Avenue was set at $40,000 with a 10 percent option when he made his first appearance on the charges in Central Judicial Processing court yesterday afternoon.

He is also charged with resisting arrest and theft in connection with the 5 a.m. burglary of a vehicle at Newark Avenue and Monmouth Street. The vehicle belongs to a Second Street resident, reports said.

Officers responding to a call of a burglary in progress quickly spotted Torres, who fit the description of the burglar, and he was taken into custody after a chase, reports said. Police found the 2006 Jeep Cherokee had a shattered front passenger window and there was a large rock next to the SUV, officials said.

Torres complained of chest pain and was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center, where he was cleared for incarceration.

After his CJP appearance, Torres was remanded to the Hudson County jail in Kearny, officials said. Torres, who has already spent a year in jail for burglary, is currently on probation, officials said.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/7/30 9:27

Edited by Webmaster on 2011/7/31 1:38:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017