Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: The loud motorcycle tearing through Downtown this morning
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Yeah, riding a loud motorcycle at 3-4 am, while not illegal, is truly tasteless and extremely inconsiderate.

Here's the thing, it probably is illegal. It probably violates at least the state law on noise:

http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/states/newjerse/newjerse.htm

Like equ, I am a motorcyclist, and I find the straight pipe idiots ridiculous. But with the warmer weather, these assholes arrive, looking for attention.

There was that one episode of South Park that summed it up pretty well. . . .

Posted on: 2011/6/6 17:08
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
As a motorcyclist, I'm bothered, embarrassed and upset every time (and it is often) I hear another idiot with straight pipes. Not having mufflers is illegal and offensive, at 3am or any other time, in a city, suburb or in the country. Unfortunately straight pipes are everywhere. JC, Hoboken, the city, where ever you go there is this crap. The law is simply not enforced.

Motorcycling is fraught with dangers and riders are frequently unseen or misunderstood. Pissing other people off, waking them up, causing ear damage in self and others is a battle we can't win.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 16:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/22 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmiz wrote:
Let's get this out of the way immediately...

Move to the suburbs!

Classic JC List response.

When people complain about
- inconsiderate noise
- crime
- garbage in the street
- city corruption
- lousy schools
- crazy drivers
tell them to move out.

Maybe we could try to make our city better instead of just telling everyone to get out so that the only ones living in the city are stricken with poverty and crime.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 16:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/7 14:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmiz wrote:

Move to the suburbs!

Nice. Very helpful.

I've heard this guy many times as well. I am sure it is a really nice ride in the middle of the night in any city - I know I'd love it.
But, his bike is way to loud.

City vs suburbs? Nope. Considerate vs inconsiderate and quite possibly legal vs illegal.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Loud pipes don't save lives -- the dude needs to get a muffler and a ticket. Resized Image As far as Easy Rider -- I don't think it dates all that well -- but you be the judge...

Posted on: 2011/6/6 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone think the person on the motorcycle actually cares that they're waking people up? I doubt it. They have a different lifestyle. In a city you have more people. More people doing different things at different times of the day. Deal with it, or like everyone else already said, move to the suburbs... that candy-coated place where they collect trash at 1pm and not 1am. I wish I was able to go riding at 3am instead of getting my beauty rest for my wonderful office job. I think everyone needs to watch easy rider before they make anymore posts like this.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmiz wrote:

Move to the suburbs!

I wish there was a Like button.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The difference is obvious. A siren is necessary. A garbage truck, although really poor planning on the city's part, is also necessary. A dog barking or someone blasting music or a motorcycle rider revving an engine and acting like a high school student is completely unnecessary. One person is doing their job while the other couldn't care less how many people they are disturbing with their noise. It's an obvious difference. Also, city services can sometimes be dealt with in a reasonable way. Not blaring sirens all the time if not needed. Garbage trucks, well we all know which nights they're coming on and they soon can become just background noise for some people. The childish person revving an engine and desperately looking for attention should probably get some attention that they weren't expecting if you catch my drift.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
i'm not sure i understand how one motorcycle is completely different from every other "city noise". if anoise wakes you up, it wakes you up. are you happier about getting woken up by a municipal service? does it make you any less tired during the day?

just playing devil's advocate here..

Posted on: 2011/6/6 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, riding a loud motorcycle at 3-4 am, while not illegal, is truly tasteless and extremely inconsiderate.

Regular city noise (sirens, etc) doesn't bother me much, but inconsiderate and unnecessary city noise bothers me, like people who have their dogs in the dog park at 2 am, and allow the dogs to bark loudly. Motorcycle riding at 4 am would also fit into this category.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 13:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/11 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Jmiz, I find your view of suburbs vs city disturbing. So, in the suburbs people can complain if others do not respect others, but in the city we can't?
I have lived here for going on 10 years. I live on a very busy street. I do not complain about, and have gotten used to, the police sirens, ambulance sirens, garbage trucks, etc that cause city noise at night. In fact, I find it hard to sleep to silence now.
However, this is different.
In a city we should (and obviously this would be in an ideal situation) learn to live together, tolerate eachother and respect eachother due to our close quarters. I know this is not always possible, but I do believe in calling those out who do not.
One douchebag on this bike at 3:40 in the morning is different than regular city noise and should not be excused.
Perhaps suggest that the biker move to the suburbs instead, as he is not evolved enough to be aware of those around him and therefore unfit for city living.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users

Move to the suburbs!

Posted on: 2011/6/6 12:45

The loud motorcycle tearing through Downtown this morning

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/11 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Like many downtowners, I was woken up at 3:40 this morning by an incredibly LOUD motorcycle tearing its way through the downtown streets! This happens so often and always around the same time. Its so inconsiderate! Its a horrible way to wake up and now I am sleeping in my coffee!
I tried to get a look at the dude as he idled at the corner of Monmouth and Bright for a VERY long time, but I couldn't see him. Anyone know any deets? Anyone want to unite on this?
Needless to say I am a little angry this morning...

Posted on: 2011/6/6 11:28

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017