Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Jersey City Democratic Committee election a proxy Healy-Fulop battle
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/12 17:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
T-bird wrote:

"You have committee people who've been committee people for a lot of years with us," said JCDC Chair Joe Conte. "So to go in there and pit their neighbors against them ... it causes division."

He's just upset because if enough of the Democrats for Jersey City candidates win then he may be out of a seat. The first thing the committee people will do is elect a new chairman for the Democratic Committee some time next week.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 19:05
Jay Res

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/12 17:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Gibbons70 wrote:

Up here in the Heights, all we got to choose from is Brian Stack and his Machine, or a bunch of Republicans nobody has ever heard of. Not even sure if I should get out of bed tomorrow.........

Depending on your district, there should be someone running on the Democrats for Jersey City ticket. Did you check your sample ballot in the "D" slot?

Posted on: 2011/6/6 19:03
Jay Res

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Up here in the Heights, all we got to choose from is Brian Stack and his Machine, or a bunch of Republicans nobody has ever heard of.

Not even sure if I should get out of bed tomorrow.........

Posted on: 2011/6/6 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

wrensdad wrote:
This is the first that I've heard about this election. I don't see anything on Fulop's site and don't recall receiving a ballot.

Does anyone know where I can find out more about it?

I'd love to kick Healy and his like out of town.

Are you a registered voter, and a Dem?

Don't forget to vote for Rhavi too!! He's on the side of reforming the Hudson Dem machine.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 18:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/22 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
This is the first that I've heard about this election. I don't see anything on Fulop's site and don't recall receiving a ballot.

Does anyone know where I can find out more about it?

I'd love to kick Healy and his like out of town.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 17:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/17 17:24
Group:
Registered Users
Please vote Mia Scanga 10D", she is but one of Councilman Fulops "FRESH" voices of "REFROM".

Posted on: 2011/6/6 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
If you want change, you must vote 10D and 11D for Democratic Committee. Rumor has it that Healy will have a write-in campaign to defeat those candidates.

Vote 10D and 11D.

Every vote counts!

Posted on: 2011/6/6 15:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/10 17:50
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
FULOP IN DA HOUSE! End the cronyism!

Posted on: 2011/6/6 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Vote 10D and 11D for Democratic Committee. Anyone with reservations about voting for the "Democrats For Jersey City" slate of committee candidates need only read the words of Joe Conte, chairman of the HCDO committee campaign (from today's Jersey Journal :

Fulop says his goal is to empower "regular people" by giving them a say on the committee, but opponents say he's "hurting the party" instead.

"You have committee people who've been committee people for a lot of years with us," said JCDC Chair Joe Conte. "So to go in there and pit their neighbors against them ... it causes division."

Go figure - Democracy causes Division. What contempt! Time for change!

Posted on: 2011/6/6 14:30

Jersey City Democratic Committee election a proxy Healy-Fulop battle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Democratic Committee election a proxy Healy-Fulop battle

Published: Monday, June 06, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

The Jersey City mayoral election isn't until 2013, but a proxy battle between Mayor Jerramiah Healy and political foe Councilman Steven Fulop is on tomorrow's primary election ballot.

Fulop is backing 122 candidates to run in tomorrow's election under the banner "Democrats for Jersey City" for seats on the Jersey City Democratic Committee. If successful, Fulop could wrest control of the committee away from forces loyal to the mayor.

Fulop says his goal is to empower "regular people" by giving them a say on the committee, but opponents say he's "hurting the party" instead.

Conte, 55, is a committee person himself, representing District A4, in the Greenville section.

The 366-member committee meets only a few times a year, but its members, two for each of the city's 183 districts, act as a direct link to public officials.

In theory, if there's a pothole on Linden Avenue, a resident can call the committee person, who can get someone at City Hall to send workers down to fill it.

Fulop called JCDC members, who can get elected with as few as 10 votes, the "first line of elected public office."
"A good committee person can be an advocate for the neighborhood and an active voice," he said.

Committee members can also have a say in who ends up in positions of power, according to one member who asked not to be named. If an elected official leaves office, or is removed from office, the committee will meet to decide who that official's replacement will be, the committee member said.

Fulop says Conte's comments about the "Democrats for Jersey City" candidates causing division are "absurd."

"They are only upset because I helped regular community people get on the Democratic ballot," Fulop said. "Why should regular people not have the chance like the politically-connected people do?"

The polls are open tomorrow from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 14:20

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017