Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Sarah Palin in Jersey City?!?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrasg1 wrote:
She appeals to the lazy-don't know the facts crowd, the racists crowd, the dumbed down crowd.... you know...the Republicans! And she's made millions off it. What a country.

Well, at least she doesn't appeal to the "throw feces at your opponent" crowd , right?

Posted on: 2011/6/1 19:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/18 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
These millionaires were in NYC and chose La Famiglia as their pizza spot. And people want them to run this country?

Haa haa, thanks for putting my thoughts into a great post.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

And again with the money. Oliver Perez is making $12 million this year, even though he was cut by the Mets and is currently out of baseball. He didn't steal that money either. Is he successful?

Whoa. Okay Ollie is in baseball. AA for the nationals. He also has a much better k/9 rate then Sarah.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
These millionaires were in NYC and chose La Famiglia as their pizza spot. And people want them to run this country?

Posted on: 2011/6/1 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
There's something very weird about her wearing a Star of David necklace.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Sarah Palin, center, her daughter Piper Palin, front, and her parents, Sally and Chuck Heath, pause as a band plays "The Star-Spangled Banner" during their visit to Liberty Island today.

They shared a pizza last night with real estate mogul Donald Trump and his wife, Melania.Resized Image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... me-governor.html?ITO=1490

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/6/1 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

I know one. Marryanne Trump Barry - Federal Judge, Third Circuit.

So, what portion of her success you attribute to her being Fred's daughter?

And where is the rest of the family?

I think you are the one that needs to learn more about Fred's fortune and Donald's siblings.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
T-BIRD:

She is not running for President. She is all about making $.
This is all a publicity stunt to sell her book.

She is a total fake and quitter. Thank you John McCain. Yeesh.

She is running for President as much as that numb nuts Trump was running for President.

http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... ins-the-new-trump-in-town

Posted on: 2011/6/1 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
No - she wasn't forced to resign. Worse, she played the victim - a Palin hallmark. She claimed she was quitting because she had to spend too much time defending herself against "frivolous ethics claims". Clinton, Bush and Obama all dealt with this on a level probably ten to a thousand times greater, all the while running the country - a task considerably greater than running Alaska. So on what terms do we measure her "success"? Is she successful compared to other PTA presidents and town council members of 9,000 people municipalities? Sure. Is she successful compared to people on both sides of the political divide who have real accomplishments and lengthy experience at the national level? Are you really going to make that claim?

I wasn't defining her as a woman nor making any claims about her qualifications that she herself didn't make. Hockey Mom and Pit bull with lipstick were how she chose to introduce herself to the country. She could have talked about her past accomplishments, her education, her commitment to certain issues. No, she talked about her uterus.

And again with the money. Oliver Perez is making $12 million this year, even though he was cut by the Mets and is currently out of baseball. He didn't steal that money either. Is he successful? Bill Swanson of Merrillville, Indiana won $74 million last month in Powerball. Is he successful? Leona Helmsley's dog, Trouble, inherited $12 million. Is s/he successful?

My opinion of her views has nothing to do with defining her success. There are plenty on the left who I feel similarly about - Al Sharpton comes readily to mind. But you are seriously out of touch if you think liberals fear Sarah Palin. I traffic with liberals and can tell you that everyone I know salivates at the idea of Sarah Palin as the republican nominee for President. I don't really see the hateful reaction you talk about - I mostly see/hear laughter.

Let's be honest - whatever her qualifications, and I'm happy to agree to disagree on those, she is far too thin-skinned to run for President, let alone actually hold the job.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Enthusiastic/ Would consider voting/ Would never vote
Huckabee 13%/ 34% / 32%
Romney 15%/ 38% / 26%
Palin 15%/ 24% / 58%
Trump 9%/ 26% / 58%
Newt Gingrich 9% / 29% / 42%
Ron Paul 10% / 25% / 27%
Michelle Bachman 6% / 21%/ 29%

Posted on: 2011/6/1 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
She appeals to the lazy-don't know the facts crowd, the racists crowd, the dumbed down crowd.... you know...the Republicans! And she's made millions off it. What a country.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

So, what portion of her success you attribute to her being Fred's daughter?

And where is the rest of the family?

Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
That may be.

However, you are aware that outside of that imaginary world they both have been quite successful in other endeavors, no?

Quite successful?

- Resigned before completing one term as governor of a state with a population slightly larger than Hudson County (Alaska would rank as the fourth most populous county in NJ if you could squeeze it in.)

- Failed spectacularly when cast in the role designed for her to pander to the far right and women. (Yes, the far right responded but as many women were repulsed as turned on by her.)

- Cashed in on her "brand" by allowing Fox to trot her out to spout uniformed inanities on a semi-regular basis.

I suppose there are people who equate the ability to accumulate money with success. She has accomplished surprisingly little for someone who occupies the amount of political and popular culture she does. I guess measuring her success depends on how you are defining her. If you look at her political career and assess her accomplishments, she comes up short. If you say she is a cultural figure, in the way Rush Limbaugh, Geraldo Rivera and Simon Cowell are, that's a different equation.

1. Resignation may be considered as a failure in two cases: (a) if she was forced to resign, - which did not happen, (b) if you consider "attaining the power" to be the measure of ultimate success in itself. That is a possible point of view, but I do not share it.

2. "Women"? Sorry, but I do not subscribe to the idea that genitalia defines a person, - specifically, defines person's political views.

Anyway, did you not notice how big is her influence among conservatives right now?

And, if she was that much of a failure, - how come Democrats show very strong visceral reaction every time she is mentioned? I have observed very, very few conservatives that trigger this sort of hateful reaction, - and hate is a first and most reliable tell of fear.

3. Well, yeah, if you describe it THAT way, it sounds bad. However, if you describe it in neutral terms: "was invited to share her views by the TV channel with the largest audience" - that sounds quite successful.

Now, the money.

Say, she did not steal her money, did she? The only reason she's a millionaire is - people paid her. For whatever she gave them in return.

You do not approve her views, you do not like that she shares them with others, you do not like that people listen to her, and you do not like that they pay her for what she delivers for them, - fine. You are free to like or dislike anything you want.

But when you say "it is not a success when half of the country pays someone millions just to hear her views" - think about it calmly. Does this idea sound right?

Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

In Trump\'s case his most successful endeavor was being born of Fred Trump.

Let's test this hypothesis, shall we?

Hmmm... But how? Oh! Here is an idea! Donald was not the only son of Fred's. Since his siblings shared equally in the "most successful endeavor" of his, they must have reached equally prominent results.

Which means, you should be able to give me their names without any googling.

Want to try?

Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Hmmm... But how? Oh! Here is an idea! Donald was not the only son of Fred's. Since his siblings shared equally in the "most successful endeavor" of his, they must have reached equally prominent results.

Want to try?

How does knowing someone's name make them "quite successful"? Conversely, if you haven't heard of them, are they not successful? You are kind of proving the point on Trump - at this point, he's becoming most famous for being famous.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Want to try?

Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
That may be.

However, you are aware that outside of that imaginary world they both have been quite successful in other endeavors, no?

Quite successful?

- Resigned before completing one term as governor of a state with a population slightly larger than Hudson County (Alaska would rank as the fourth most populous county in NJ if you could squeeze it in.)

- Failed spectacularly when cast in the role designed for her to pander to the far right and women. (Yes, the far right responded but as many women were repulsed as turned on by her.)

- Cashed in on her "brand" by allowing Fox to trot her out to spout uniformed inanities on a semi-regular basis.

I suppose there are people who equate the ability to accumulate money with success. She has accomplished surprisingly little for someone who occupies the amount of political and popular culture she does. I guess measuring her success depends on how you are defining her. If you look at her political career and assess her accomplishments, she comes up short. If you say she is a cultural figure, in the way Rush Limbaugh, Geraldo Rivera and Simon Cowell are, that's a different equation.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I can only envisage Trump as a game show host 'wheel of fortune' and Palin as Vanna White !

That may be.

In Trump's case his most successful endeavor was being born of Fred Trump.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I can only envisage Trump as a game show host 'wheel of fortune' and Palin as Vanna White !

That may be.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 15:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/15 18:52
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/6/1 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/6/1 6:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Palin and Trump seen having Pizza together !

These two would make a great comedy act like dumb and dumber !

Try this, - look over this here thread on this fine message board. Think about it. Photoshopped pictures. It was not the most brilliant joke two years ago.

And this is the background that you chose for a "dumb and dumber" comment?

I understand that you disagree with their politics. However, this disagreement should not impair your ability to soberly evaluate things, no?

Posted on: 2011/6/1 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Palin and Trump seen having Pizza together !

These two would make a great comedy act like dumb and dumber !

Posted on: 2011/6/1 3:36
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Now THAT'S the Sarah we know and love! Someone should make a life size cardboard cutout of that pic and do souvenir "you with Sarah" pictures in Times Square. She looks like she's lost a little weight in the miniskirt pic. Could the stress of being a pol/pundit who knows absolutely nothing about anything be taking it's toll or is she just buffing up for a Maxim spread?

Quote:

Charon wrote:
[quote]
brewster wrote:
Cmon, you can't photoshop her and leave out the assault rifle! That's un-American!

Here ya go.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/6/1 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
brewster wrote:
Cmon, you can't photoshop her and leave out the assault rifle! That's un-American!

Here ya go.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/6/1 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Cmon, you can't photoshop her and leave out the assault rifle! That's un-American! Quote:
parkman wrote: Quote:
CaptainQuality wrote: Just saw a shot of her tour bus sitting in a parking lot somewhere in JC on Channel 4. Can anyone confirm?
I just saw her at the Star Bar. sara w/o dot

Posted on: 2011/5/31 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
CaptainQuality wrote: Just saw a shot of her tour bus sitting in a parking lot somewhere in JC on Channel 4. Can anyone confirm?
I just saw her at the Star Bar. sara w/o dot

Posted on: 2011/5/31 22:28

Sarah Palin in Jersey City?!?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/15 16:44
Group:
Registered Users
Just saw a shot of her tour bus sitting in a parking lot somewhere in JC on Channel 4. Can anyone confirm?

Posted on: 2011/5/31 22:09
"I try so hard to be myself but I just wind up gettin' drunk." - Jerry Wick

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017