Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Opinion - Heights: Summit and Lincoln??

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/23 15:37
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your feedback - very helpful, particularly the crime updates since I was not as familiar with the area.

As it turns out, I went back for a second showing yesterday and the house did not really pass a lot of basic inspections so I won't be moving there anyway...Good to know though for the future.

Thanks everyone.

Posted on: 2011/5/23 15:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
I do not want to frighten you out of the neighborhood...but if you scrowl down...you will see notations of recent drug busts, and wild parties thrown by families who care nothing about their neighbors. Last Saturday night, there were teenagers (15-20-ish) running around the streets, being loud until 2AM right on the corner of Lincoln and Milton (the next corner). If you do decide to buy...the best advice anyone can really give you...is visit the area at night. Then you can make your own informed decisions. By the way, I live right by there...and during the summer, skip Lincoln st. altogether if I'm going to/from JFK boulevard to catch the buses, or to shop...too many sketchy ppl of all kinds there.

And by sketchy, I mean if you are a woman...men leering at you (happens to my girlfriend all the time...even when I'm with her...which started some interesting interfaces), pre-teens, and teenagers out all hours of the night...and the very worst...a four family house midway down the block that is so disruptive with fights and drug sales that local residents seem to have the JC police dept on auto-dial.

Posted on: 2011/5/23 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
crime wise the area shouldn't be too bad. that particular area of the heights is pretty quiet. the jitneys run until pretty late on JFK, but they do stop running around 1am or so. however, you can also take bus #99s from port authority. It runs extremely limited service after midnight (110am, 210am, 410am) but it's better than nothing I guess. From there it would be a short walk from Central ave to the house.

http://www.coachusa.com/CoachUsaAsset ... es/96/route1099Ssched.pdf

Posted on: 2011/5/22 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
You would have to walk up to Kennedy for the jitney or central.. I don?t know what time the jitney or the other buses run on central.. There is the 83 bus which runs on summit to hackensack but it goes thru union city so you might be able to hop onto a bus or something into the city... Area wise its got its crime just like everywhere else is this city.. I personally wouldn?t recommend walking late night in any parts including Kennedy..

Posted on: 2011/5/22 15:34

Opinion - Heights: Summit and Lincoln??

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/23 15:37
Group:
Registered Users
Curious about the neighborhood surrounding Summit and Lincoln avenues: What is it like there? How is the crime? Will I feel safe for the most part? Any glaring issues with the area?

I am a single female currently living in JSQ, right on the border of the Heights so I am already ok with living in a diverse area. I have just seen a really cute single family I love and really want to place an offer.

Also, I work in Midtown and oftentimes get home pretty late - any info about the bus service to/from the city. Buses? Jitneys?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on: 2011/5/22 14:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017