Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: 2011 Board of Education Election - Steve Fulop backed candidates
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/19 17:37
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:
The below article in today's Jersey Journal frames the importance of this election. To me it is really not about Epps at all as he is a nice guy personally, it is about putting people on the board that think big while not losing site of the small daily issues.

Wait a second...Epps is a nice guy personally? The man who called young girls the worst enemy of our society?? You've lost me there.

Posted on: 2011/4/23 6:27

Re: JCCPTO Candidate Forum
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/25 1:38
Group:
Registered Users
(sound of hands clapping-applause)

Mr. Fulop and his team,
I'm honored that Mr. Mayor to be took time to respond.
Apparently someone has gotten your goat. If it quacks like and duck and walks like a duck, guess what....it is a DUCK (or political machine)

When you put out as much money as you have on boe candidates past and present, one can best believe you are not doing it solely because you have a good heart or because you are concerned. (selling a bridge-any buyers?)

If you are really so concerned, try raising the same money or more for after school programs in ward f and other wards not so fortunate as your precious ward e.

2a x 5a = 10a or 3 more puppets to add to your other 2 for a grand total of 5 puppets.

Vote Nabil Youssef 6a. No strings attached :)

Posted on: 2011/4/23 3:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, whatwhat!!!

Do you read palms as well? Will your councilman be mayor in 2013?

The bottom line is that the majority of the posters on this site are from downtown and fulop flunkees so expect one speak.

Your candidates are the best only because you and your ilk says so and for no other reason.

Posted on: 2011/4/23 3:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

whatwhat1936 wrote:
Now look, we all know Vidya won't win - she doesn't have the big endorsements that she needs. However, she's chosen to position herself against Marvin. That means she'll take votes from Marvin. If she takes votes from Marvin, then Frances will slide in for the 3rd spot. Sue-Carol-Frances (in that order) If you insist on voting for Vidya who won't win, you should give her your Sue vote (who will win no matter what) Do you really want to be responsible for Frances getting re-elected?

It's very simple. Vote for Sue, Carol and Marvin. Send a message to Healy and Epps that their days are numbered.

Posted on: 2011/4/23 1:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/8 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I sure as hell don't. Thanks for laying it all out.

Posted on: 2011/4/23 1:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
All this Machine talk is a distraction.It\'s hudson county people,it will take a machine to beat a machine.
Once you get past 150 volunteers than you are a machine to some degree,the question than becomes,good or bad.

It\'s quite obvious that the HCDO/JCDO is a Bad machine and they have their hooks into the JCBOE,patronage,no-show jobs
No bid contracts and pay to play.

If the so called Fulop machine staffed by non paid volunteers is waging war against the Healy hacks,what\'s the gripe?If they win
Won\'t They than be responsible for the school system going forward.

Seems to me like some of this machine talk comes from a separate reform group that just has not got as many members nor a strong enough leader in Dan Leven.

Same goals but different approaches.They are both still machines for want of a better term.
The fulop machine see\'s the reality of fighting the HCDO and
Is willing to fight street by street,house to house.

Leven will only allow people he deems worthy into his machine
which seems to run on Solar power but it\'s always cloudy.
IMHO.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 23:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/22 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Can we just be honest here? You may not like Healy or Cunningham, but they are smart.

Healy backs one person who will definitely win no matter what - Sue Mack. Sue has been around for years on the board. The Union knows it, Fulop knows it and Healy knows it.

Who is Healy's second choice? Frances. Why? Because Frances is an incumbent with name recognition who has been in city government forever. So what is the best chance you have at making sure that Frances pulls through and having your name associated with a winner? Easy... you back the winner and you send in other people (Cunningham) to support the next closest competition - Vidya. You pit all the reformers against each other.

Now look, we all know Vidya won't win - she doesn't have the big endorsements that she needs. However, she's chosen to position herself against Marvin. That means she'll take votes from Marvin. If she takes votes from Marvin, then Frances will slide in for the 3rd spot. Sue-Carol-Frances (in that order) If you insist on voting for Vidya who won't win, you should give her your Sue vote (who will win no matter what) Do you really want to be responsible for Frances getting re-elected?

Posted on: 2011/4/22 21:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
I do want to respond to that as well. It is election time when you have people on jclist with 9 posts in total throwing out accusations.

1) On the Machine accusation -

a) We are 100% volunteers in this election. There is not one paid person in the campaign.

b) The candidates were selected by a committee of parents and volunteers not by me personally.

c) ask the candidates I supported last year how often I have called them even on issues that were important to me - answer is NEVER. For example on the Epps national search vote of the candidates last year (one voted yes, one votes no, one abstained). This is some control here.... I try to support the best people vetted by parents with the hope they got on the board and put residents first

2) On the fundraising -

a) we have had three different fundraisers culminated by an event last night that 250 JC RESIDENTS attended. The fundraising is a testament to the fact that they are good candidates

b) as reported in the Jersey Journal, the commercial, the literature, all designed by Jersey City residents who never want or will have anything professionally to do with the city. They did the work as an in-kind donation for the candidates because they are concerned about the schools and believe in candidates. PERIOD. I think this speaks volumes.

3) Are we organized? Yes... we are working hard to be as organized as possible with a group of volunteers. I suppose I fit the defenition of a politician, just as OneJC, just as Healy, just as the different freeholders and elected officials involved. The fact that you would think a volunteer group of activists and parents is formidable and single us out of any group, I think means that people feel if Sue,Carol, and Marvin win there will be a move away from the status quo.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

holdonaminute11 wrote:
BrightMoment,
Excuse the delay in my response. I apparently didnt see your post till now.

First, I appreciate your response and don't want to disparage anyone including your candidates, but let's be honest and put things in perspective.

Mr Fulop is not only supporting his candidates, he is backing them with loads of money. I recently saw a commercial for your boe candidates. Are you kidding? Who has ever done a commercial? Are you honestly saying that the candidates have paid for this themselves?

Have they raised any monies? Mailings, phone banks, literature, commercials no doubt provided by Mr. Fulop.

So my question to you is when the time comes for a crucial vote by your candidates, if elected, (and past candidates on the board) are we to believe it's not going to be as Mr. Fulop dictates, especially after he is paying for their very candidacy, in full?

This is the making of a political machine, probably not too soon, much different from Healy's.

That's a lot of conspiracy theory packed into a few paragraphs. This machine talk is silly. The city council has nothing to do with the schools - let alone a single council person. The mayor doesn't control the schools either. As much as I'm sure he'd like to, the mayor can't annex the school's patronage system - that's controlled by Dr. Epps.

What exactly is a machine, anyway? The hallmark - and really the true defining characteristic - is handing out jobs to reward workers and loyalists. A councilman can't hand out jobs in the schools. For that matter, board members can't either, nor can the mayor (should Fulop become one). A councilman can't hand out city jobs, either. Is it really so hard to believe that someone could actually care about an issue that would greatly benefit the city without benefiting much from it personally? Should I have similar concerns about Vidya Gangadin because the Levin "machine" has endorsed her, is relentlessly pushing her and advertising on her behalf?

In the end, Marvin, Carol and Sue speak for themselves. I've been to a couple of the forums. They stand out among the rest as top notch candidates and people prepared to lead from day one, regardless of endorsements.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
The problem is that The Healy Machine will once again use the tried and true method of "divide and conquer." They are perfectly happy to have a huge slate of candidates slugging it out.

The ONLY way to beat them is to come together. Otherwise, the Machine (the real one) will continue to be in place for years to come.

I am sure the other newcomers have good intentions (and are concerned citizens), but only Carol, Sue, & Marvin, have the organization to take on the Healy machine.

Are Carol, Sue and Marvin well organized?  Yes, absolutely.   But, are they puppets?  You could only consider this if you knew nothing about these individuals.  I would encourage you to get to know them -- and then you can speak from a basis of real understanding.   They can all be contacted. 

And, of course, the real winners will be the children (and the taxpayers) of Jersey City if we can get a record turn out from eligible voters.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 20:43
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
BrightMoment,
Excuse the delay in my response. I apparently didnt see your post till now.

First, I appreciate your response and don't want to disparage anyone including your candidates, but let's be honest and put things in perspective.

Mr Fulop is not only supporting his candidates, he is backing them with loads of money. I recently saw a commercial for your boe candidates. Are you kidding? Who has ever done a commercial? Are you honestly saying that the candidates have paid for this themselves?

Have they raised any monies? Mailings, phone banks, literature, commercials no doubt provided by Mr. Fulop.

So my question to you is when the time comes for a crucial vote by your candidates, if elected, (and past candidates on the board) are we to believe it's not going to be as Mr. Fulop dictates, especially after he is paying for their very candidacy, in full?

This is the making of a political machine, probably not too soon, much different from Healy's.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 20:20

Re: Anti-Epps councilman backing 3 candidates for Jersey City Board of Education
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
respoting - The above article in today's Jersey Journal frames the importance of this election. To me it is really not about Epps at all as he is a nice guy personally, it is about putting people on the board that think big while not losing site of the small daily issues. It is about Jersey City entering the education reform conversation and setting a standard that other cities want to replicate. It is about exploring do we have the best leadership that we can today and are we doing all we can to make the city achieve what we deserve. With the performance of the schools as it is, there is no reason that any leader should be given a blanket new contract without even looking what is out there as a possibility.

The below article was printed today, the same day the Star Ledger highlighted the final two candidates that Newark is exploring to lead the schools there. These are people with gravitas and willingness to put schools first. These are people willing to come from the other side of the country to lead a school district like we have here. Jersey City should be a part of this conversation for our city with leaders who are willing to deal with tough issues. We should not accept mediocrity.

I know there are many good candidates running but I know that Marvin, Carol and Sue if on that board will have a big impact in a short period of time. There are lots of criteria for candidates and I see arguments here about who is a current parent, who has what backing, who did what at the debates all valid but in the end the one criteria that matters is who will be the best agent for progress. There are no guarantees but I know that there is risk of dividing votes here and opening the door for others - it is a real concern.

Please take some time over the next few days to learn about the candidates as this election is important. I am not asking you to trust me blindly but I do feel that Carol Marvin and Sue are the best choices and if you do research you will see why I am so passionate about their candidacy. This election does matter and has huge importance for shaping the city. I personally am passionate about this issue because getting the schools right is the backbone of impacting so many other aspects of the city from jobs, to taxes to crime. Obviously, I couldnt be sticking my neck out there further on this election and there is political risk for that but I dont regret it because the stakes are high and the opportunity for the city is great.

Please vote 2a,5a, 10a... Carol, Marvin and Sue.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 20:12

Anti-Epps councilman backing 3 candidates for Jersey City Board of Education
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Friday, April 22, 2011
By TERRENCE T. McDONALD
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Next week's Jersey City Board of Education election could result in a dramatic shift of power on the school board, with 10 candidates vying for the three seats up for grabs on the nine-member board.

Downtown Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop has thrown his political weight behind three of the candidates - including one incumbent, Suzanne Mack - in hopes of controlling the majority of seats on the board.

At least one of the Fulop-backed candidates - Carol Harrison-Arnold - has called for a nationwide search for a new schools chief to replace Superintendent Charles T. Epps Jr.

Epps' contract expires this year, and a new, three-year contract approved by the board last year is in legal limbo.

A group of residents, including Fulop, has challenged the new contract on the grounds that the board did not properly advertise the meeting at which it approved the pact. An administrative law judge is expected to make a ruling on the challenge next month.

Epps is concerned about the Fulop factor in this year's school board races, according to a board member who asked not to be identified.

"He's afraid of Fulop," the board member said.

Fulop, who laughed when told the board member's observation, has made no secret of the fact he wants Epps gone.

"The schools are failing and mediocrity is not acceptable," Fulop said.

Last year, Fulop backed three candidates - Carol Lester, Sterling Waterman, and an incumbent, Angel Valentin - who won handily.

This year, he is supporting board vice president Mack, Harrison-Arnold, who is an attorney, and Marvin Adames, the chief municipal prosecutor in Newark.

The Jersey City Education Association union has endorsed the same trio, who have produced a slick television commercial thanks to a nearly $8,000 in-kind contribution from Jersey City-based Oh 7 Films and ICBA Inc.

Fulop's interest in the race isn't sitting well with current board member Frances O. Thompson, who is seeking her second term.

According to Thompson, the Fulop ticket supports vouchers, a claim the three candidates deny.

"Vouchers would automatically take funds from the public school district," she said.

Thompson is touting her support from Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who is also endorsing Mack and newcomer Aury Nunez.

In an email, Healy said he supports the two incumbents because they have been "tremendous assets" to the board.

With Nunez, "this team brings a wealth of knowledge, years of community involvement and a strong commitment to all of Jersey City's children," Healy said.

Asked whether Epps' job is in jeopardy if Fulop's ticket sweeps next Wednesday, Thompson said: "The possibility could be great."

Anti-Epps councilman backing 3 candidates for Board of Ed

Time to Retire Epps

Posted on: 2011/4/22 20:09
W. C. Fields

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The below article in today's Jersey Journal frames the importance of this election. To me it is really not about Epps at all as he is a nice guy personally, it is about putting people on the board that think big while not losing site of the small daily issues. It is about Jersey City entering the education reform conversation and setting a standard that other cities want to replicate. It is about exploring do we have the best leadership that we can today and are we doing all we can to make the city achieve what we deserve. With the performance of the schools as it is, there is no reason that any leader should be given a blanket new contract without even looking what is out there as a possibility.

The below article was printed today, the same day the Star Ledger highlighted the final two candidates that Newark is exploring to lead the schools there. These are people with gravitas and willingness to put schools first. These are people willing to come from the other side of the country to lead a school district like we have here. Jersey City should be a part of this conversation for our city with leaders who are willing to deal with tough issues. We should not accept mediocrity.

I know there are many good candidates running but I know that Marvin, Carol and Sue if on that board will have a big impact in a short period of time. There are lots of criteria for candidates and I see arguments here about who is a current parent, who has what backing, who did what at the debates all valid but in the end the one criteria that matters is who will be the best agent for progress. There are no guarantees but I know that there is risk of dividing votes here and opening the door for others - it is a real concern.

Please take some time over the next few days to learn about the candidates as this election is important. I am not asking you to trust me blindly but I do feel that Carol Marvin and Sue are the best choices and if you do research you will see why I am so passionate about their candidacy. This election does matter and has huge importance for shaping the city. I personally am passionate about this issue because getting the schools right is the backbone of impacting so many other aspects of the city from jobs, to taxes to crime. Obviously, I couldnt be sticking my neck out there further on this election and there is political risk for that but I dont regret it because the stakes are high and the opportunity for the city is great.

Please vote 2a,5a, 10a... Carol, Marvin and Sue. Article below from today's Jersey Journal

---------

With anti-Epps councilman backing 3 candidates for Jersey City Board of Education, superintendent's future may hinge on Tuesday's election results
Friday, April 22, 2011
By TERRENCE T. McDONALD
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER
Next week's Jersey City Board of Education election could result in a dramatic shift of power on the school board, with 10 candidates vying for the three seats up for grabs on the nine-member board.

Downtown Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop has thrown his political weight behind three of the candidates - including one incumbent, Suzanne Mack - in hopes of controlling the majority of seats on the board.

At least one of the Fulop-backed candidates - Carol Harrison-Arnold - has called for a nationwide search for a new schools chief to replace Superintendent Charles T. Epps Jr.

Epps' contract expires this year, and a new, three-year contract approved by the board last year is in legal limbo.

A group of residents, including Fulop, has challenged the new contract on the grounds that the board did not properly advertise the meeting at which it approved the pact. An administrative law judge is expected to make a ruling on the challenge next month.

Epps is concerned about the Fulop factor in this year's school board races, according to a board member who asked not to be identified.

"He's afraid of Fulop," the board member said.

Fulop, who laughed when told the board member's observation, has made no secret of the fact he wants Epps gone.

"The schools are failing and mediocrity is not acceptable," Fulop said.

Last year, Fulop backed three candidates - Carol Lester, Sterling Waterman, and an incumbent, Angel Valentin - who won handily.

This year, he is supporting board vice president Mack, Harrison-Arnold, who is an attorney, and Marvin Adames, the chief municipal prosecutor in Newark.

The Jersey City Education Association union has endorsed the same trio, who have produced a slick television commercial thanks to a nearly $8,000 in-kind contribution from Jersey City-based Oh 7 Films and ICBA Inc.

Fulop's interest in the race isn't sitting well with current board member Frances O. Thompson, who is seeking her second term.

According to Thompson, the Fulop ticket supports vouchers, a claim the three candidates deny.

"Vouchers would automatically take funds from the public school district," she said.

Thompson is touting her support from Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who is also endorsing Mack and newcomer Aury Nunez.

In an email, Healy said he supports the two incumbents because they have been "tremendous assets" to the board.

With Nunez, "this team brings a wealth of knowledge, years of community involvement and a strong commitment to all of Jersey City's children," Healy said.

Asked whether Epps' job is in jeopardy if Fulop's ticket sweeps next Wednesday, Thompson said: "The possibility could be great."

Posted on: 2011/4/22 20:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
I have a question for mr youseff?
If elected will you quit your job at Lincoln high?
You do know that it is against the law for a board member to also be a teacher in the same district.You would be voting on your own salary and benefits.You would be voting on the salarys of the principal in your own school.You really have no business running and will not be able to take the seat unless you resign.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 18:43

Re: Voting Hours - BOE Election April 27 2011
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
Please note that the voting hours are 7AM to 9PM.

The flyer from "Efficient Effective Education" incorrectly states that the hours are 9AM to 9PM:

Resized Image

I've heard that thousands of these flyers have been distributed with the incorrect dates.

So again - the correct times are 7Am to 9PM!

Could it be purposeful? Since a larger turnout increases the impact of all voters city-wide, what better way to disenfranchise the body politic then to distribute erroneous voting times with a candidate (Sue Mack) who decided NOT to run with their slate when approached as she thought the better slate Carol Harrison-Arnold and Marvin Adames.

If enough folks believe the incorrect voting times AND that Sue Mack is with Healy's candidates, many may choose not to vote entirely.

A masterful, sleazy way continues as it always has with these folks.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 18:14
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This flyer is a joke. Healy is a joke. And these candidates shouldn't be running. Both Ms. Mack and Thompson are past their prime in this business and Ms. Nunez is CLUELESS (but then again so is Healy). Another political machine waste.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 17:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Below are excerpts from an interview of questions the JCI posed to Mr. Youssef. Oh, how so true!!!

What is your opinion of Jersey City?s teachers union? Do you believe that it helps Jersey City?s children receive a better standard of education? Please explain.

The JCEA leaders are all about politics. They do not help the student in Jersey City, they help themselves. Look at me as an example. I?m currently a JCEA member and I pay my dues. I?m current running for the JCBOE election as a candidate. Do you think the JCEA leaders came out to give me any support or an endorsement, as one of them? The answer is no. I represent the voice of the students and parents and the hard working teacher, but JCEA leaders choose to support Ward E councilman Steven Fulop?s ticket, which he had endorsed in February 18, 2011. The deadline for filing a nomination was on March 8, but both ignored any other candidates running for elections because they have their own political agenda. Altogether it is not about students or teachers or community, it is about their interest. My point is that I was never offered an interview and was not even contacted by any of the JCEA leaders or Mr. Fulop, and this also happened to the other six candidates.

So, my question is: Is this an equal opportunity situation? Where are the morals for an equal opportunity selection of due process in this election, where each candidate is given the opportunity to share their ideas before any endorsement is made? JCEA leaders and Mr. Fulop just jumped ahead of the process, what a shame for the future of a man who will be running to be our mayor in 2013. It is a childish, premature political move and decision for both, and I wish the media would take notice and publish their actions on only taking one side. Besides, the three candidates endorsed will use this move to further their political game and not the future of our children.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 16:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/12 17:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
JCGirl09 wrote:
Regardless of who you vote for, it is important to vote. You have to think about what is best for the schools. At the end of the day, it's about the communities, families and children they serve.

+1

Posted on: 2011/4/22 4:07
Jay Res

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mouse wrote:
Sue has worked tirelessly for under served children in Jersey City and throughout New Jersey.

She deserves our vote.

+1

Posted on: 2011/4/21 23:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/29 0:36
Group:
Registered Users
I will be there tonight as one of the speakers as well. School reform and what other cities (near and far) are doing is of great importance.

As Co Founder of LCCS and 2 term Board Chair, for 12 years I was able to be part of what success in urban education can actually look like. NO waste at the top and empowering excellent teachers to institute complete site based decison making in all areas like books, trips, team teaching, classroom art, supplies and support!!!

Also there tonight will be- Carol Harrison Arnold and Marvin Adames, whose incredible skill sets that can dissolve the catch 22's (legal nuances in interpretation) that currently stand in the way of impactful transparency and accountability. Translated that means Sterling and I (with Suzanne's 15 treasure trove of BOE history) could finally implement MORE of the great items that were so hard fought and we achieved (in baby steps)-

The Good News from Sterling Waterman and Carol Lester- Next year FINALLY, there will be at least one (small) alternative high school to address our most at risk students and free the other schools from learning distractions, alternative school also as step one for vocational technical training, an end to block scheduling so less children go out for lunch and all children can have fun electives like music art and gym back in their day, and a green intiatives policy

Posted on: 2011/4/21 21:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
Regardless of who you vote for, it is important to vote. You have to think about what is best for the schools. At the end of the day, it's about the communities, families and children they serve.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Sue Mack did not seek endorsement from Mayor Healy.

Although she has thanked all who have endorsed her candidacy, she has been very vocal in her support of Carol Harrison-Arnold and Marvin Adames.

Sue?s first endorsement of Carol Harrison-Arnold and Marvin Adames was at the Van Vorst Park Association meeting back in March. She has gone on to repeat that endorsement at the PCUE meeting and the PS 16 meeting, where she closed with thanking others for their endorsements, but reiterated that she was running with the JCEA/ Fulop Team. She repeated this at Ferris and the NAACP.

Marvin, Carol and Sue have attended scores of events. Sue has repeatedly remarked how thrilled she was to be endorsing them along with the JCEA and is looking forward to joining Carol Lester and Sterling Waterman on the Board, and how she believes this very much needs to happen.

Sue has also posted this same message online on Facebook and the JC Teacher network sites.

Sue has worked tirelessly for under served children in Jersey City and throughout New Jersey.

She deserves our vote.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 20:43
W. C. Fields

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/23 5:29
Group:
Registered Users
Opinions are free, just like BS.

The status quo is to tear down others, without standing up yourself.

Notice how the people with the biggest mouths won't put their names behind their words.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 20:18

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/24 11:45
Group:
Registered Users
shelly skinner's
Your Team are Good for Charter School Business Shelly!
Teachers or JCEA family members voting for this team will be shooting on their foot.
They will see the same things like proposed leasing public school floors to charter schools in Newark.
I know that Jersey City Voters or JCEA family members Will Never Vote for Your team they looking for an independents
candidates I know that for fact........

Posted on: 2011/4/21 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
From Jersey City Independent:

Jersey City Board of Education Extends Voting Hours for This Year?s School Board Election
By Chris Neidenberg ? Mar 23rd, 2011 ? Category: Featured, News, Politics

One year after a record-setting high turnout, the Jersey City Board of Education (BOE) has increased the time residents can vote in this year?s school board election by seven hours. The polls will be open this year from 7 am to 9 pm; last year they were open from 2 to 9 pm.

Board of Education (BOE) trustee Sterling Waterman, who pushed for the change, insists the added cost of the move is a small price to pay when compared to the goal of greatly expanding democratic participation.

Read the rest of the article at JCI.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 15:07

Voting Hours - BOE Election April 27 2011
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Please note that the voting hours are 7AM to 9PM.

The flyer from "Efficient Effective Education" incorrectly states that the hours are 9AM to 9PM:

Resized Image

I've heard that thousands of these flyers have been distributed with the incorrect dates.

So again - the correct times are 7Am to 9PM!

Posted on: 2011/4/21 15:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/7 22:18
Group:
Registered Users
This is a great letter from Marvin and Carol. Both of these candidates have such tremendous potential to bring professionalism to the board of ed and transforming it into a organization that puts the needs of kids first.

Shelley Skinner

Posted on: 2011/4/21 10:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... s_quo_not_acceptable.html

Our status quo not acceptable, say Jersey City school board candidates

Published: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 6:38 AM
Letters to the Editor/The Jersey Journal By Letters to the Editor/The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal

As candidates for the Jersey City Board of Education we want the children of Jersey City to receive the best public education available, anywhere. It's an aspiration evidently not shared by some of the district leaders, who request a waiver of Dr. Epps' state-mandated salary cap while at the same time propose a budget with teacher layoffs and a tax increase for residents. How is additional compensation justified when under Dr. Epps' leadership our schools have failed to meet the state's mandate of a "thorough and efficient" education as well as the federal standard of "No Child Left Behind"? How can our children be the priority when the superintendent who fails them is rewarded? The district's response to cut teachers to close a budget deficit is an approach that penalizes children because it increases class size and diminishes our teachers' effectiveness. It is time as residents and as a community that we say this is not acceptable.

What is in the interest of our children is a superintendent who acknowledges that our schools are in crisis and steps up with responsible fiscal decisions that support them first and him last. What is in the interest of our community is a superintendent who has a vision that engages all stakeholders; whether they have children in our schools; whether they are taxpayers that underwrite a substantial portion of the $630 million needed to fund education; or whether they just care about the children in their neighborhood. What is in the interest of the district is a superintendent who values transparency and accountability and sets an example that the district can follow.

It's in all our interest to have a superintendent whose conduct leaves no question as to whose interests he serves. The election on April 27, 2011 is very important. Jersey City can elect two individuals committed to serving the community by putting our children first and beginning the arduous work of providing the best public education available. Together we can send a message that the status quo of self-service over public service is not acceptable.

CAROL HARRISON-ARNOLD, A2

MARVIN ADAMES, A10

JERSEY CITY

Posted on: 2011/4/21 3:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Paul, I am looking forward to it.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 21:56

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017