Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: One of Jersey City Mayor Healy's sons arrested on domestic violence charge in Hoboken
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
It seems to be wiped off the web pretty well, but it will forever be mentioned in this NYT article from before the election:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage ... 43BF933A25753C1A9629C8B63

Quote:

POLITICS; The Naked and the Dead By JONATHAN MILLER Published: October 10, 2004

THERE are photographs of one candidate naked and slumped over on his front porch. Another candidate was removed from the ballot because he does not live here. There is a whisper campaign about yet another one's personal life. There are rumors of surveillance and charges of drunkenness and break-ins and race-baiting and the invocation of a dead mayor for political gain. And according to a chat board on the Web, every candidate is gay.

In short, it is business as usual.

Such is the hyperventilated state of New Jersey's second-largest city as it gears up for a special election on Nov. 2 in which 11 candidates will be vying for mayor. And in Jersey City, where hitting below the belt is considered a soft touch, skullduggery abounds.

Posted on: 2011/4/1 16:38

Re: One of Jersey City Mayor Healy's sons arrested on domestic violence charge in Hoboken
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Where is that picture of Mayor Healy drunk and naked on his porch? Does it really exist?

Didn't FAB use it as his avatar for several years?

Posted on: 2011/4/1 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

"I love my son very much and support him 100 percent," he added.

Same line Willie Flood used....

Posted on: 2011/4/1 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Where is that picture of Mayor Healy drunk and naked on his porch? Does it really exist?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage ... 43BF933A25753C1A9629C8B63

I guess that photo never made it beyond some hastily printed up fliers. In this article Healy admits it happened. Don't forget his first arrest in Bradley Beach before he was mayor! Drunk and disorderly and naked on his front porch there and wrestling with the cops. The guy has a problem and he has passed it along to his kids.

Posted on: 2011/4/1 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
This family needs to just stay away from alcohol...period. It's clear that they don't know how to drink socially like adults because father and son have both shown their nasty, foolish and downright ignorant sides by exhibiting illegal and immoral behavior because they don't know when to say stop. Quit going to bars, you idiots, and choose a meeting in a church basement somewhere instead. And for a father to defend this violen outburst is borderline psychotic. Try to get your son some help instead of defending this horrible behavior, you hapless moron!

If he's going to stay away from alcohol first step would be to quit the JCFD.

Posted on: 2011/4/1 14:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Is this salary a joke? I'm outraged! Mayor Healy - Now we know why you wanted to raise our taxes.

Posted on: 2011/4/1 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Hey that whole naked picture (no pun intended) was all over the media, the NYT had a big piece on it. Old-timer?s step in .. as I recall someone knew Healy was coming home drunk from a bar (or two) . They waited outside for a while until he I guess took a shower.(how they timed it I don?t know) They went in front of his house and banged on his metal trash cans. The noise caused a buzzed Healy to come out of the front door in a bath towel. As he was yelling and waving his hands his towel fell off and they snapped a picture. A few days later the picture was showing up all over. It was placed on cars windshields, etc just in time for election. Politics as usually in good old JC and you thought the Swift Boat tactic was nasty!!!

There is a new piece in the print JJ section today. (hey guess what it did make the front page) It says the same stuff as yesterday but it throws in these two new tidbits. I guess there want to make him look like a good guy. It says something about his 2008 participation in the Cops /Fireman Charity Football Game. And also that his brother Pat is guess what also a JC fireman.

I have nothing against the family or anyone. It just pisses me off how three of his kids have city/county jobs. I have friends back in the day who couldn?t afford to go to college. They were banking on getting on the JC PD or JC FD . They got on the list but the list never got to their number and was always re-done?new list, new testing. Also have friends whose kids just graduated law school?NO JOB!

Posted on: 2011/4/1 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/4/1 7:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Is this the same son that failed the psychology test to be a firefighter, but Dad intervened and he got in.
The Healy clan is one sorry family - it was a cousin that killed a boy and mother while drunk and working for the JCPD

Posted on: 2011/4/1 3:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
It takes 6 years to get to 95K? Some people at Goldman wait longer than that.

Yes, that is all I took from the story.

LOL, me too. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. I'm sure nepotism has NOTHING to do with it, huh?

Posted on: 2011/4/1 1:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Healy's father owned a bar and was killed in a bar fight. Healy got drunk in Bradley Beach and tangled with cops. The son now (allegedly) was bar hopping in Hoboken and assaulted a woman.

This is our First Family of Jersey City, all candidates for AA or Al-Anon.

Posted on: 2011/4/1 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
This family needs to just stay away from alcohol...period. It's clear that they don't know how to drink socially like adults because father and son have both shown their nasty, foolish and downright ignorant sides by exhibiting illegal and immoral behavior because they don't know when to say stop. Quit going to bars, you idiots, and choose a meeting in a church basement somewhere instead. And for a father to defend this violen outburst is borderline psychotic. Try to get your son some help instead of defending this horrible behavior, you hapless moron!

+1000! I just imagine what my Dad would of thought if I behaved like this. He would've kicked my ass. This idiot defends his idiot son's actions.

Posted on: 2011/3/31 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/3/31 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Dude - what's with all your jabibble? I can never understand a quarter of whatever it is you are trying to say.

Quote:

heights wrote:

I bet the one horse towns you people came from have some skeletons in and out of the closet as well. Well at least you have something to write home about. "Hey mah the mayor's son just done got himself arrested for arguing with his best girl and it were not even a Sat day night." dang !

I was just implying that everyone not from J.C makes any story about the mayor or Jersey City headline news. I'm sure back home where you and other new comers came from have the same antics going on as well.

Healy is a hack and you wouldn't know what antics go on elsewhere because you wear your "born and raised" ignorance like a badge of honor. You've been beaten down into accepting whatever piece of crap in a suit is given to you as mayor because "that's the way it's always been." Pathetic.

Posted on: 2011/3/31 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Dude - what's with all your jabibble? I can never understand a quarter of whatever it is you are trying to say.

Quote:

heights wrote:

I bet the one horse towns you people came from have some skeletons in and out of the closet as well. Well at least you have something to write home about. "Hey mah the mayor's son just done got himself arrested for arguing with his best girl and it were not even a Sat day night." dang !

I was just implying that everyone not from J.C makes any story about the mayor or Jersey City headline news. I'm sure back home where you and other new comers came from have the same antics going on as well.

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
people get banned from this board, yet just like his avatar, that closed minded hate monger keeps going and going...

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Well, then, that should settle it.

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(..breaking news ..update...update...he didn't do it...)

Jersey City Mayor: 'no domestic violence' involved with son's arrest

Published: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 3:27 PM
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy denied his son was involved in any kind of domestic violence incident, in a brief statement he released this afternoon.

Healy's son, Jeremiah S. Healy, 34, was arrested in Hoboken early this morning and charged with simple assault and domestic violence.

According to Hoboken Police, the younger Healy was involved in an altercation with a female victim at 1:20 a.m. on Washington Street in Hoboken.

But the "facts" will prove there was no assault, the mayor said today.

"According to the information I have, no one was injured, no one was assaulted, and there was no domestic violence of any kind. This will be borne out by the facts," said Mayor Healy.

"I love my son very much and support him 100 percent," he added.

Full JJ piece?.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ty_mayor_no_domestic.html

Buy the JJ it is a really groovy newspaper!

Breaking news from a few month?s ago?.

?Catherine Healy Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy's daughter, was sworn in as Assistant Prosecutor in the Hudson County Prosecutor's ...?

A sticky wicket indeed!!!!

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Need I say it? Like father.....

So drunkenness and hitting women is okay "in these parts"?

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

And that's not the only job out there with that type of advancement. Picking your field is like picking your poison. And BTW 95k isn't good enough for me when walking into flames. Perhaps we can lower the salaries and expectations of these fine employees to save on our tax dollars and non-stabilized rent.

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2011/3/31 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

From Wikipedia but give me a freaking break ?..couldn?t the Mayor have waited a year or two to make it less obvious?

The sudden death of Mayor Glenn Cunningham in May 2004 triggered a special election. Among the eleven candidates, Jerramiah Healy won Cunningham's unexpired term with 17,401 votes (27.8%) out of 62,641 cast.[5] Other than the unusually high number of candidates, the election was notable for the rabidly negative nature of the campaign.[6] The attacks included the distribution of a photo taken of Jerramiah Healy on his porch in Jersey City, passed out and naked.[7]

Healy stood for re-election in May 2005, facing only token opposition from Melissa Holloway, a former city councilperson, and Alfred Marc Pine, who had received less than one percent of the votes in the special election. Healy received 18,349 (75%) of the 24,414 votes cast.[8]

Posted on: 2011/3/31 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/3/31 19:14

One of Jersey City Mayor Healy's sons arrested on domestic violence charge in Hoboken
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(wow a fireman since 2005 and he makes $96K not bad for a 34 year old, sign me up!!)

One of Jersey City Mayor Healy's sons arrested on domestic violence charge in Hoboken

Published: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 2:25 PM
Updated: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 2:38 PM

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

One of Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy?s sons was arrested early this morning in Hoboken in an alleged domestic violence incident, Hoboken police said this afternoon.

Jeremiah S. Healy, 34, of Ferry Street, was charged with simple assault and domestic violence against a female victim after an altercation on Washington Street at 1:20 a.m. today, Hoboken Sgt. Sam Williams said.

A witness to the incident called police, who then responded, Williams said.
Hoboken police declined to give any more information, saying they haven?t interviewed Healy, the victim or the witness yet.

Healy, a Jersey City firefighter since 2005, earns a $95,575 annual salary. When firefighters are arrested, they are required to tell their superiors upon starting their first shift after the arrest, according to Fire Director Armando Roman.

Full JJ piece ?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... sey_city_mayor_healy.html

Posted on: 2011/3/31 19:09

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact