Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: From the "Total Waste of $$$ Dept.":
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/5 14:56
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Wait, people are bitching about TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND BUCKS? To actually try and figure out ways to improve a neighborhood?

Today the US shot 119 Tomahawk missiles into Libya. At a cost of $575,000 Per missile the total cost is $68,425,000.

Lets get a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle perspective here folks.

+ 250,000

This is a waste of a thread.250K isn't even worth thinking about.

I know that this is fed funding we're talking about, but for some perspective, Jersey city's budget is ~$500 million.
and 8 items account for 75% of the budget.

A similar situation at the federal level exists. When talking about saving money, look at Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare and the Military Period.

We the citizens should know this by heart. If we don't... well shame on us.

Posted on: 2011/3/21 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Wait, people are bitching about TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND BUCKS? To actually try and figure out ways to improve a neighborhood?

Today the US shot 119 Tomahawk missiles into Libya. At a cost of $575,000 Per missile the total cost is $68,425,000.

Lets get a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle perspective here folks.

Posted on: 2011/3/20 8:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/27 3:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
but here's the thing: the money budgeted to HUD this year has to be spent on HUD projects. it's not like that grant could've gone to pothole repair.

kudos to Jersey City for getting a piece of the pie. any damn pie.

the bigger argument is with the federal government, which allotted this cash in the first place.

+1 Getting grants or selling property is great for one time events or special projects. What concerns me is that when I was at the state of the city address, I kept hearing grants and property sales to raise funds. I think we should pay for variable & ongoing expenses with ongoing revenue sources and limit grants and property sales to fund things that are more one time investments versus ongoing expenses. Does anyone know a breakdown of this for Jersey City? Is my gut feeling correct? Are we paying for ongoing expenses with one time revenue sources? I hope not, it just "felt" that way after going to the state of the city.

Posted on: 2011/3/19 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
but here's the thing: the money budgeted to HUD this year has to be spent on HUD projects. it's not like that grant could've gone to pothole repair.

kudos to Jersey City for getting a piece of the pie. any damn pie.

the bigger argument is with the federal government, which allotted this cash in the first place.

Posted on: 2011/3/19 17:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/31 0:11
Group:
Registered Users
I love it how Menendez continues the Democratic party line of blaming Bush. When will any of these misguided politicians begin to realize that it is THEIR failed policies that continue to push this country into economic oblivion? The national debt is growing at unprecedented levels, total employment is now at 1985 levels, inflation is rearing it's ugly head, the policies to prop up the housing market have failed, the $1 trillion dollar stimulus program failed to keep unemployment below 8%, etc. Mr. Menendez, you are the reason why this country is failing.

Posted on: 2011/3/19 16:27

From the "Total Waste of $$$ Dept.":
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Remember this when you hear how there is no money for potholes, libraries, teachers, etc.....

JJ Link....

Posted on: 2011/3/19 16:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017