Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: PostNet
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/27 13:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have to stick up for Rich here...I was applying for jobs, sending out my resume and what not and i was a few bucks short and he just told me to take care of it next time. real class act move!

Posted on: 2012/5/31 18:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 18:50
From corner of van vorst and vienna
Group:
Registered Users
Rich's store isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way.

He has driven things to my house for me, and the other week he lent me a pricey piece of equipment for the whole weekend.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened to you. But when I see this thread pop back up, it's an opportunity for me to rave about the stellar customer service I've been receiving for almost eight years! Yay Rich!!

Posted on: 2012/5/31 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
another disgruntled non-post net customer.... the guy just cursed me out in front of the entire store (F this and F you etc) and when I told him that I wasn't surprise given the warning on JC list he went on another tirade about "these people" wanting what they want and throwing a fit when they don't get it...

he is right I did want what I wanted.... but shipping a package from a fed ex store using a pre-paid label doesn't really seem like I am asking too much? (and for the record I did need a box/packing materials so I was going to be a paying customer) ... I guess if you aren't a "old time JCer" then its ok to be treated like crap in front of a half dozen people

another business I will absolutely never enter

Posted on: 2012/5/31 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mensabitch wrote:
Part of me is filled with the desire to know the difference between what I would have paid at the post office versus PostNet...

I found out the other day, when PostNet quoted me $17 to mail a 2-pound package via US parcel post (ground delivery). that seemed kind of steep, and I had the time, so I wandered over to the post office and paid $11 for certified priority mail. now...will the package get to its destination? that's anyone's guess. where the people at the post office helpful and friendly? you're joking.

nothing beats PostNet for convenience and friendly service, and their UPS / FedEx rates are fair. I will still happily give them my business.

Posted on: 2011/3/18 15:14

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/24 3:13
From Wayne Wayne Wayne
Group:
Registered Users
I am lazy as sin, and often don't want to trek to the post office. At PostNet, I can unload two pounds of homemade cookies to my invalid father, pay an enormous amount, but go home feeling rather happy that he always gets his "stuff." Part of me is filled with the desire to know the difference between what I would have paid at the post office versus PostNet, but I feel an overwhelming support of both Rich and Margie as neighborhood business people.

And who is to say my cookies aren't worth $8.50 a pound?

Yawn.

Posted on: 2011/3/18 4:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
After reviewing the Postnet store on JC List the last couple of times I was browsing, I decided to look in as I was going home. Monday & Tuesday night they must have been giving away something for free, as they were packed from front to rear with customers. I seem to think the drop offs wouldn't matter to them. But, if his strategy is to get people to mail thru him, it's working.Monday I went by at 7PM and the sign says that he closes at 6 PM. . Both drivers Fedex & UPS were hanging out waiting until he finished.

Posted on: 2011/3/17 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/5 14:56
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
One of my favorite things about PostNet is simple:
If you have to mail something on a bank-holiday, the Post Office is closed, but PostNet is open.

Posted on: 2011/2/21 16:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/20 23:24
Group:
Registered Users
I recently got a mailbox there to accept packages (due to the horrendous UPS delivery situation), and they have been very helpful and nice. Maybe people have had a bad experience or two, but they are much more convenient and friendly than going to the JC Post Office or driving to Seacaucus.

Nothing but good things to say about the people and service - highly recommended.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:
I would just like to chime in. PostNet has taken out an ad for Grace Van Vorst's Cathedral Arts Festival for at least the past 5 years if not more.

I believe its a sign of a good business when they give back to community.

Thanks Rich for your support.

Try and support local businesses please. Its hard enough already. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

FG

Rich has been very supportive of the downtown community and has never been anything but pleasant to deal with in my opinion.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 4:59
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I would just like to chime in. PostNet has taken out an ad for Grace Van Vorst's Cathedral Arts Festival for at least the past 5 years if not more.

I believe its a sign of a good business when they give back to community.

Thanks Rich for your support.

Try and support local businesses please. Its hard enough already. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

FG

Posted on: 2011/2/16 13:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/6 11:43
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Brewster, obviously the internets think you were a rude a$$hole and no one believes you except me.
Frustrating.

There's apparent quite a few more, but whatever. All you can do is speak the truth, without namecalling or going over the top, and then move on. People can read and come to their own conclusions about what he's up to.

If anyone wants to patronize a business that's less capricious, you can go a block away to Ayaan Inc at 305 Grove St., another FedEx Authorized Ship Center where they're happy to honor their contract with Fedex and accept prepaid packages, and render any other shipping services you need. I've only used them twice, but no problems so far.

And after you have used up your good will there, we can create a topic called Ayaan Inc., slam them and send people to Global Mail, another FedEx Authorized ShipCenter, at 72 Van Reipen Ave.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 13:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Brewster, obviously the internets think you were a rude a$$hole and no one believes you except me.
Frustrating.

There's apparent quite a few more, but whatever. All you can do is speak the truth, without namecalling or going over the top, and then move on. People can read and come to their own conclusions about what he's up to.

If anyone wants to patronize a business that's less capricious, you can go a block away to Ayaan Inc at 305 Grove St., another FedEx Authorized Ship Center where they're happy to honor their contract with Fedex and accept prepaid packages, and render any other shipping services you need. I've only used them twice, but no problems so far.

Posted on: 2011/2/15 22:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Our experience with Rich has been terrific! We've been mailing out and picking up packages with him since his doors opened and find him to be professional and curteous at all times.

I'm 9 mos pregnant now and he's been dodging out to my double parked car (sometimes a block away) to load and unload my car.

He gets it - I always share a laugh with him - wish there were more local business owners like him along Grove Street.

Posted on: 2011/2/15 22:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
I have had nothing but good experiences there.. I am happy to pay a couple of buck for someone to take care/help with wrapping packages. Once, some time back, he helped out with very difficult items as well, a whole set of tires that I was shipping out!

Posted on: 2011/2/15 21:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/28 3:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EthanCrane wrote:
I completely agree with Brewster. The few times I was in there, the owner was rude to me. That's why I haven't been back in years. I'll go out of my way to find a drop-off box or go to Staples to use their machines.

I have done the same, why would I want to start a business relationship with someone who is rude unless you have already done business with? He might be good to established customers. But you don't start off on a good foot by being rude. I will never be a customer of his because of this bad taste he had left me...

Posted on: 2011/2/15 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Frustrating.

Posted on: 2011/2/15 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

soulman wrote:
The Fedex web site says
"FedEx Authorized ShipCenters provide access to the FedEx transportation network at over 5,800 independently owned and operated pack and ship locations across the U.S. Stores participating in the FedEx Authorized ShipCenter program also provide many other business services. Please note that these retailers may apply additional charges to the FedEx published rates."

It doesn't say he has to take your package, it does however say he can charge a premium for his services, which means he can charge to take your package if he wishes.

The guy probably had a bad day, give him a break. He is providing a service, get over it.

Excerpt from my text chat with a FedEx rep:

FedEx: FedEx Authorized Ship Center is a private own business that has a contract with Fedex to ship packages
Brewster: If they do not accept prelabeled packages why am I directed to drop off my prelabeled package there?
FedEx : they are suppose to accept prepaid labels

He then asked for the Postnet address so he could register the complaint. What next, do I actually need a copy of his contract to prove my point?

Posted on: 2011/2/15 1:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
The Fedex site describes Postnet as a "FedEx Authorized ShipCenter". He obviously gets a discounted rate to make a profit, as opposed to any account holder like me who could print a label for you and schedule a pickup. The experience you describe is what I experienced for a while, until the last time when I was told to go elsewhere. There was no exchange other than "where do I put the ground package", and it had been months since the last time I had been in. And yes, I have told Fedex of my experience at Postnet.

The Fedex web site says
"FedEx Authorized ShipCenters provide access to the FedEx transportation network at over 5,800 independently owned and operated pack and ship locations across the U.S. Stores participating in the FedEx Authorized ShipCenter program also provide many other business services. Please note that these retailers may apply additional charges to the FedEx published rates."

It doesn't say he has to take your package, it does however say he can charge a premium for his services, which means he can charge to take your package if he wishes.

The guy probably had a bad day, give him a break. He is providing a service, get over it.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 21:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

soulman wrote:
How can you conclude that they even have a contract or agreement with Fedex for drop offs? The fact that Fedex directs you to his location, may be sort of a lead generator for him to possibly get some additional business. He may be doing enough business with Fedex to warrant daily pick ups, and for that reason, Fedex directs customers there. I have dropped of several packages for UPS, and Fedex there on several occasions, they were always polite, and simply pointed to where I should leave the package, and I don't have an account there. They are doing this as a service for no renumeration. Perhaps they get annoyed when people bring in improperly labeled or improperly sealed packages that may require them to do something with no hope of getting compensated for their efforts. If thats the case, I can't blame them for being annoyed.

The Fedex site describes Postnet as a "FedEx Authorized ShipCenter". He obviously gets a discounted rate to make a profit, as opposed to any account holder like me who could print a label for you and schedule a pickup. The experience you describe is what I experienced for a while, until the last time when I was told to go elsewhere. There was no exchange other than "where do I put the ground package", and it had been months since the last time I had been in. And yes, I have told Fedex of my experience at Postnet.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 17:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 15:38
From harsimus cove
Group:
Registered Users
I went in Friday with one decent sized box (pair of boots for return) with a prepaid UPS mailing label. I said the UPS website had directed me there to leave a package for UPS pick up and would that be okay? he said no problem. Perfectly polite.

I don't have an accout there-- have never been there before in my life, though I do plan on using it more often for mailing packages.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 13:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
How can you conclude that they even have a contract or agreement with Fedex for drop offs? The fact that Fedex directs you to his location, may be sort of a lead generator for him to possibly get some additional business. He may be doing enough business with Fedex to warrant daily pick ups, and for that reason, Fedex directs customers there. I have dropped of several packages for UPS, and Fedex there on several occasions, they were always polite, and simply pointed to where I should leave the package, and I don't have an account there. They are doing this as a service for no renumeration. Perhaps they get annoyed when people bring in improperly labeled or improperly sealed packages that may require them to do something with no hope of getting compensated for their efforts. If thats the case, I can't blame them for being annoyed.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 12:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
It feels like there are a number of people who are angry because they can't get something for nothing. Open an account or give them some regular business and I believe that you'll be satisfied with the service. No business owner can be successful by just accommaodating every one who walks in off the street and asks you to perform a service for free, especially in Jersey City. Put yourself in the other person's shoes!

If Fedex's website, on the page I'm filling in to print out a label, directs me to drop off the package there, clearly accepting said packages is part of his contract with them. It's not that I'm expecting him to do it altruistically out of the blue. He's refusing to do what he obviously contractually agreed to when he became an official Fedex affiliate. This hurts customers like me not only because he refuses to take the packages, but from Fedex's point of view, they have no reason to open another full service branch in the area if they believe he has it covered because it's in his contract.

did you contact FedEx to let them know that one of their contracted drop-off sights wasn't cooperating?

Posted on: 2011/2/14 6:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
It feels like there are a number of people who are angry because they can't get something for nothing. Open an account or give them some regular business and I believe that you'll be satisfied with the service. No business owner can be successful by just accommaodating every one who walks in off the street and asks you to perform a service for free, especially in Jersey City. Put yourself in the other person's shoes!

If Fedex's website, on the page I'm filling in to print out a label, directs me to drop off the package there, clearly accepting said packages is part of his contract with them. It's not that I'm expecting him to do it altruistically out of the blue. He's refusing to do what he obviously contractually agreed to when he became an official Fedex affiliate. This hurts customers like me not only because he refuses to take the packages, but from Fedex's point of view, they have no reason to open another full service branch in the area if they believe he has it covered because it's in his contract.

Exactly.

I've been going to postnet for 10 years and agreed with all the positive comments here. I always had great service and a nice conversation while I was there, so I was skeptical when I first heard about turning away packages. I offered all the same apologies and excuses but unfortunately I cannot ignore that fact anymore.

Posted on: 2011/2/11 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
I went there once many years ago with a package to drop off. He wouldn't take it, and his refusal was sort of rude.
I never went back.

Posted on: 2011/2/11 12:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Been going there for years and years for a variety of reasons. Printing out resumes, mailing packages, packing material, etc. Rich is as nice to me now that I rarely come in as I was when I would come in every other week. Never had a problem with anyone that works there.

Posted on: 2011/2/11 10:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
I completely agree with Brewster. The few times I was in there, the owner was rude to me. That's why I haven't been back in years. I'll go out of my way to find a drop-off box or go to Staples to use their machines.

Posted on: 2011/2/11 6:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/14 17:51
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Rich is a great guy. Good for Jersey City and specifically the neighborhood. Post Net is a quality business and he is the kind of business man we need more of.

I've only worked with him maybe 10 times in 3 years but it's always been fair and personally, he's been extremely nice. He is an asset to the Grove Street block and his well liked by his neighbors (both residential and commercial)

I've recommended Post Net to countelss DT JCers and will continue to do so.

Posted on: 2011/2/11 4:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Seriously? I've got a "nasty attitude" because I'm not buying the apologia for your buddy that you're selling? Get a grip. I don't care how he fascinates you, I've simply and truthfully related my experience with him to my neighbors. That's the point of discussing a local business, giving and getting the ungroomed truth. I'm no troll here, people can judge me on a long track record as to whether I'm credible or not. And If he doesn't like everyone knowing that he's not honoring his Fedex contract, he should reconsider his policy. But as you point out, I doubt he cares.

Quote:

hitchcock wrote:
Yeah... except that's not at all what I said. That guy is extended family to me. Never has he been a prick to me. And I didn't call you "nobody." I was trying to help.

I love the resource that this list is, and the sense of community it can lend, but man -- its reputation for posters with a nasty attitude is no mystery.

Posted on: 2011/2/11 2:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/21 19:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with the "extended family" thing, Rich is incredibly nice to me and my wife when we go into PostNet.

He lets us drop off pre-paid packages all the time, but we also use his business often so we have a relationship where he knows we also spend money there.

Whether or not he allows people to just drop off packages otherwise I can't speak to. But I can say that as soon as I saw "PostNet" as a topic I thought that I hoped people were being nice to my buddy Rich, that guy is great.

Posted on: 2011/2/11 2:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 18:50
From corner of van vorst and vienna
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah... except that's not at all what I said. That guy is extended family to me. Never has he been a prick to me. And I didn't call you "nobody." I was trying to help.

I love the resource that this list is, and the sense of community it can lend, but man -- its reputation for posters with a nasty attitude is no mystery.

Quote:
Now isn't that the sweetest classic JC attitude? "He'll be a prick to you until he gets to know you, so suck it up, since there's nothing you can do about it anyway because he's got the deal and you're nobody". He might as well be working for the Buildings Dept...

Posted on: 2011/2/11 2:14

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017