Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Hard Grove wants an Entertainment and Dance License: help petition against it
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/15 17:45
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Good for Hard Grove! Support your local businesses.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 19:01

Re: Hard Grove wants an Entertainment and Dance License: help petition against it
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/30 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
I think this would be great. Good luck to Hard Grove!

Posted on: 2010/11/17 18:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 16:39
Group:
Registered Users
I would also support this. There is only one other bar I know of in town that I am able to go and listen to live music and salsa dance!

Posted on: 2010/11/17 17:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
I live on Wayne and Grove also...I say the more nightlife there is the better.

And the music I doubt will be any louder than my heating pipes when they turn on.

Also why does that person assume most people have small children. Cause, I don't or plan to anytime soon, unless a mistake happens...

Posted on: 2010/11/17 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
that seriously looks like a made up chain letter by a god-fearing lunatic.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 16:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/24 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
I remember back in the day when Hard Grove had live music...great times, I would love to sign something to support this as well!

Posted on: 2010/11/17 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
where can i sign the petition in support of hard grove's application

Posted on: 2010/11/17 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Where can I sign a petition to support the license?
Juepa!

Posted on: 2010/11/17 14:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
i like the idea. that area is kinda desolate at night anyway. might as well spruce it up a bit. where do i send letters in favor of the idea?

Um, there's a 30 story residential building across the street. When they do have stuff outside it is heard loud and clear by alot of people.

I'm all for them having a dance and entertainment license, as long as the dance and entertainment is primarily inside. For occasional holidays outside speakers are OK, but not every weekend.

30 story residential building right on a road that will soon be six lanes of traffic.....

sucker.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 5:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I think its a great idea. I hope they get it.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 5:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Everyone enjoys entertainment now and then but if we wanted the constant hassle it brings a family community, people such as myself would not left ny to live in Jersey City.

/quote]

On another note, you left the hustle and bustle of NY for the family community of JC?

Sure, there are families here, but you expected what? You left New York CITY for Jersey CITY. City...loud, nightlife, crime, not white.

I'd like to shake the hand of your real estate agent. That guy could sell sand in the desert.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 5:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Good point - I would hate to see it turn into another Rascals or the Sandbar?

Posted on: 2010/11/17 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I agree we could use some music venues, but it's sad that they have to raise the ire of their neighbors so unnecessarily. Last time we were in there the band was terrific, but just SO much louder than there was any call for. In that little room drums and horns DON'T need amplification!! I would cringe every time the trumpeter put it to his lips. The volume was unpleasant enough that we haven't gone back.

I used to live right across the street from the Knitting Factory. They took being a good neighbor seriously and there was relatively little street noise and unpleasantness. Unfortunately JC doesn't seem to be capable of encouraging such responsibility, as I well know from living near the Music Box Cafe. It's regular 3 am street riots have a virtual stamp of approval from the JCPD.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Bring it on.... the city needs new revenue. In fact... make Newark Ave, from Grove to Erie an Entertainment district.

Business... we need business. You want silence... move to a farm or something.

I can't afford another property tax increase. We need restaurants and bars downtown to fill the city's coffers.

And why we can't be the next Hoboken? Too late. We just need the city to catch up.

Don't like it? MOVE.

FG

Posted on: 2010/11/17 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I also vote in favour of the entertainment license, if you can't have one on that corner, then where in the city could you?

Robin.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
[To Whom It May Concern,

I live on Wayne street around the corner from Hard Grove Cafe and read in the paper about the Entertainment and Dance License(s) that they are trying acquire. I have spoken to most of my neighbors regarding this situation and EVERYONE feels the same as I do. We do not want Hard Grove to recieve it for several reasons]

EVERYONE huh? I live on Wayne and Grove and am all for the license. Do EVERYONE a favor and move. TIA you old buzz kill beeyotch

Posted on: 2010/11/17 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
catalina wrote: This is an e-mail I received from my neighbor. It is a letter she sent to Mr. Barnap who is part of the association that has the authority to deny Hard Grove the Entertainment License as well as the Dance License they are about to obtain. If you resend the same letter and pass it on to as many others as possible to resend, we can make a serious dent in the situation. Talk it up with the neighbors and whoever you can and remind people: "It is easier to stop these people from obtaining a license. Once they have it, it will be near impossible to have it revoked." To Whom It May Concern, I live on Wayne street around the corner from Hard Grove Cafe and read in the paper about the Entertainment and Dance License(s) that they are trying acquire. I have spoken to most of my neighbors regarding this situation and EVERYONE feels the same as I do. We do not want Hard Grove to recieve it for several reasons: 1. The noise pollution. As it stands every holiday/special occassion/event is used as an excuse for insanely loud music til late (1-2am). Most of us like myself have small children. They post speakers on the outside of the restaurant as well as in. 2. Street congestion. During these events you cant even walk on the sidewalk around their establishment you have to step into the street to pass. 3. Irresponsibility. It is my understanding after speaking to a patron of theirs that the owner herself was packing alcoholic drinks in TO GO cups for sale and letting people leave with them. This is highly illegal and they should be fined for this. If you dont believe me you can inquire with the JCP dept. as they are fully aware of what occurred recently. Everyone enjoys entertainment now and then but if we wanted the constant hassle it brings a family community, people such as myself would not left ny to live in Jersey City. Thank You Very Much, You can send your letter to: Paul Barna <BarnaP@jcnj.org> He just sent me this message: From: Paul Barna <BarnaP@jcnj.org> Sent: Tue, November 16, 2010 3:50:18 PM Subject: hard grove hearing The hearing will be scheduled for Thursday November 18th at 6PM on the third floor of City Hall (280 Grove Street) in the law department conference room. Thanking you all in advance for your cooperation. Paul J Barna, Director of Commerce
SORRY, I too live on Wayne Street and I see nothing wrong with it. I will actually support it. It's on grove and columbus. Probably the loudest corner in downtown. This is where these types of establishments are supposed to be.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Considering you need a license just to have a dude playing guitar in your restaurant/bar, how do you know Hard Grove isn't just trying to do that? The license doesn't let you hold events in the street like their major parties. That requires another special license.

Frankly, I'd like to see the need for that license done away with all together. Let's hope they get it, there's practically no place in Jersey City to see live music now.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
i like the idea. that area is kinda desolate at night anyway. might as well spruce it up a bit. where do i send letters in favor of the idea?

Um, there's a 30 story residential building across the street. When they do have stuff outside it is heard loud and clear by alot of people.

I'm all for them having a dance and entertainment license, as long as the dance and entertainment is primarily inside. For occasional holidays outside speakers are OK, but not every weekend.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/11/17 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I have no real problems with this, because the residences are a considerable distance from the cafe. It is a commercial district and they should be permitted to use the building for commercial purposes. However, if the owner is going to sell alcoholic beverages "to go" that cafe and its activities will quickly become a non-issue, as that is illegal and the place will be shut down.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 0:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
HG sells "to go" drinks? AWESOME!!

Posted on: 2010/11/17 0:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/23 9:07
Group:
Banned
Quote:

eggzbenedict wrote:
buzzkill.

Seriously. It's on the corner of Grove & Columbus. Which is soon to be SIX lanes of traffic. There are hardly any residences there. Be more concerned with the shady characters hanging out in the shadows on Wayne Street instead of people coming or going to a restaurant/bar for a good time.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 23:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
buzzkill.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 23:28

Hard Grove wants an Entertainment and Dance License: help petition against it

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/19 23:49
Group:
Registered Users
This is an e-mail I received from my neighbor. It is a letter she sent to Mr. Barnap who is part of the association that has the authority to deny Hard Grove the Entertainment License as well as the Dance License they are about to obtain. If you resend the same letter and pass it on to as many others as possible to resend, we can make a serious dent in the situation. Talk it up with the neighbors and whoever you can and remind people: "It is easier to stop these people from obtaining a license. Once they have it, it will be near impossible to have it revoked." To Whom It May Concern, I live on Wayne street around the corner from Hard Grove Cafe and read in the paper about the Entertainment and Dance License(s) that they are trying acquire. I have spoken to most of my neighbors regarding this situation and EVERYONE feels the same as I do. We do not want Hard Grove to recieve it for several reasons: 1. The noise pollution. As it stands every holiday/special occassion/event is used as an excuse for insanely loud music til late (1-2am). Most of us like myself have small children. They post speakers on the outside of the restaurant as well as in. 2. Street congestion. During these events you cant even walk on the sidewalk around their establishment you have to step into the street to pass. 3. Irresponsibility. It is my understanding after speaking to a patron of theirs that the owner herself was packing alcoholic drinks in TO GO cups for sale and letting people leave with them. This is highly illegal and they should be fined for this. If you dont believe me you can inquire with the JCP dept. as they are fully aware of what occurred recently. Everyone enjoys entertainment now and then but if we wanted the constant hassle it brings a family community, people such as myself would not left ny to live in Jersey City. Thank You Very Much, You can send your letter to: Paul Barna <BarnaP@jcnj.org> He just sent me this message: From: Paul Barna <BarnaP@jcnj.org> Sent: Tue, November 16, 2010 3:50:18 PM Subject: hard grove hearing The hearing will be scheduled for Thursday November 18th at 6PM on the third floor of City Hall (280 Grove Street) in the law department conference room. Thanking you all in advance for your cooperation. Paul J Barna, Director of Commerce

Posted on: 2010/11/16 22:03

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017