Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Meters
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/267012/

But I think of what happened to Cool Hand Luke!

Posted on: 2010/11/17 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Metropolis wrote:
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
i thought parking at a broken meter always got you a ticket.

I've never heard that it's illegal, and if it is where's the logic in that? The parking space still works fine...
Mark.

The logic (your term) is that if they were to allow people to park at a broken meter, there would be a few people who would take advantage of that by breaking/jamming or otherwise disabling the meters in order to park for free.

Posted on: 2010/11/17 0:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you have Netflix -- you might enjoy Parking Wars -- they stream it on instant view....

Posted on: 2010/11/17 0:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Metropolis wrote:
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:

I've never heard that it's illegal, and if it is where's the logic in that? The parking space still works fine... with all the paving and line painting on Newark they've already removed a lot of the spaces around my store, and there's always at least one broken meter on my block.

Whether or not it's illegal they've never ticketed for it in the 8 years that I've had the store there, and they don't even have a code for it in the ticket machine... my ticket says it's for an 'overtime meter' not 'broken meter'.

Anyway still frustrating, especially considering it was right in front of my store and she knew it was my car... I'm going to dispute it and see what happens.

Mark.

With a broken meter you're allowed a grace period i think up to 30 mins.. I'm not sure what it is, I only remember a vague conversion with a ticket person from last year after parking in a broken meter spot.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 23:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:

I've never heard that it's illegal, and if it is where's the logic in that? The parking space still works fine... with all the paving and line painting on Newark they've already removed a lot of the spaces around my store, and there's always at least one broken meter on my block.

Whether or not it's illegal they've never ticketed for it in the 8 years that I've had the store there, and they don't even have a code for it in the ticket machine... my ticket says it's for an 'overtime meter' not 'broken meter'.

Anyway still frustrating, especially considering it was right in front of my store and she knew it was my car... I'm going to dispute it and see what happens.

Mark.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 22:39
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
i thought parking at a broken meter always got you a ticket. i usually won't park in a spot if i see that it's not working correctly

Posted on: 2010/11/16 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you have Netflix -- you might enjoy Parking Wars -- they stream it on instant view....

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Parking- ... Best-of-Season-1/70102673

TV reality show 'Parking Wars' looks to base series in Hoboken

Saturday, January 16, 2010
Andrew Tavani / For The Jersey Journal

Gina, a Philadelphia parking employee, writes a ticket for all the world to see on an episode of the A&E reality series "Parking Wars.'' According to Hoboken officials, the series' producers are looking to base episodes in the Mile Square parking nightmare.

Hoboken has long been notorious for itsparking problems. Naturally, a cable TV network has recently taken note of thiscitywide bane and plans to turn the city?s parking woes into ratings fodder.

As first reported in the Hoboken Reporter, A&E Television Networks has initiated discussions withcity officials to bring its reality series "ParkingWars" to the Mile Square.

"ParkingWars" depicts a cast of PhiladelphiaParking Authority employees going about their thankless jobs ticketing,booting and towing cars. Not surprisingly, the show?s chief conflict is betweenPPA agents and the people in whom they rouse epic contempt. The series debutedin January 2008 and in its third, and most recent season, producers added scenesof similar hijinx occurring between parking authorities and citizens inDetroit. Back-to-back half-hour episodes air on A&E Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 17:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/12 17:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I find it hilarious how some of the metermaids actually hide out while they see you put a quarter into a broken machine, look at it with a puzzled face, look around for someone from the Parking Authority, and then leave a note in your car stating the meter was broken. Then they appear "out of nowhere" once you've walked away to hit you with a ticket. I've seen it happen a few times and just feel like telling them to grow a spine and stop hiding out.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 17:28
Jay Res

Parking Meters
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
A heads up that metermaids are ticketing multiple times for expired meters and also ticketing if you are parked at a broken meter - even if the meter is clearly broken and/or you put a big sign on it pointing out that fact. The metermaid who gave me a ticket told me that's the new policy and they've been distributing fliers for 3 months to all local businesses about the change. I've never seen nor received one, so I assume there are others out there who also don't know.

Along with the newly increased meter costs (which I'm sure will generate billions in added revenue for the city!) this is another way the city is helping to promote small business growth. Thanks...

Mark.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 17:07
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact