Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Weird People
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedupman wrote:
Did anyone notice how many strange people there are in Jersey City? I live downtown and some of the people that pass you on the street are very odd.They stare at you in a funny way and even if you say hello to some they either ignore you or look right through you. Some look as if they,re high as if on drugs.There are some nice people who are friendly but some are so weird.It,s almost like a zombie movie. I think some may be homeless and it,s unfortunate how lax this area is in taking care of the homeless..

Jersey City is a city. No different to any other US city. Not a JC problem alone. People in the US generally have very low tolerance for homeless folks unless they have a story ( a vet or similar).

Quote:

They should look into this more.I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that there seems to be more weirdos now than a few years back.

Probably more homeless people, not weirdos - probably given the economy if that's what you meant.

Posted on: 2010/11/5 2:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/23 9:07
Group:
Banned
Quote:

retep1968 wrote:
Quote:
You know what's weird? People's obsession with Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I think that's really weird.

My first ever comment about Trader Joe's and now I'm labeled obsessed.
That's weird.

You really must be new here.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 17:15

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/14 18:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
You know what's weird? People's obsession with Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I think that's really weird.

My first ever comment about Trader Joe's and now I'm labeled obsessed.
That's weird.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
one time i saw two men holding hands in jersey city. what is happening to this normal community?

Posted on: 2010/11/4 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Anti-social classes 101

Read above on how to harass, bully, stereo-type, elitism, patronize, zero tolerance to individuals with different views, image or interests and all things that promote a dysfunctional community and their values

That was weird.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 13:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Anti-social classes 101

Read above on how to harass, bully, stereo-type, elitism, patronize, zero tolerance to individuals with different views, image or interests and all things that promote a dysfunctional community and their values

Advanced Know-it-all Classes: see above ^^^

Posted on: 2010/11/4 11:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Anti-social classes 101

Posted on: 2010/11/4 10:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

eggzbenedict wrote:
Quote:

Boiled_Mussels wrote:
You know what's weird? People's obsession with Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I think that's really weird. Then again I think most fish look weird too. Buffalo are pretty weird looking as well. Don't even get me started on hammerhead sharks.

HERE we go with the hammerhead sharks again...wanna bring Healy or dog poop into the conversation as well?!

Healy,s comb-over is weird.I,ll let someone else tackle the weirdness of dog poop.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 10:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Boiled_Mussels wrote:
You know what's weird? People's obsession with Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I think that's really weird. Then again I think most fish look weird too. Buffalo are pretty weird looking as well. Don't even get me started on hammerhead sharks.

HERE we go with the hammerhead sharks again...wanna bring Healy or dog poop into the conversation as well?!

Seriously though, what's up with hammerhead sharks? Talk about weird looking.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Now I'm beginning to think the OP is actually Andy Rooney.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 1:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/11/3 23:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedupman wrote:
Thank you Eggzbenedict, you just proved my point about nitpicking by pointing out another punctuation problem. Also I didn't mean cell phone usage and drug addiction was the same. I was merely stating a couple of different things that bother me. Jeez.

Oh, I thought you said it was like drug addiction. Wait, that is what you said. Oh well.

I bet you are a pretty weird person. Not like say, blue hair weird. More like pedophile-looking weird. Perhaps a Dahmer-esque aire about yourself.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 23:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/25 4:58
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Eggzbenedict, you just proved my point about nitpicking by pointing out another punctuation problem. Also I didn't mean cell phone usage and drug addiction was the same. I was merely stating a couple of different things that bother me. Jeez.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 22:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedupman wrote:
I can't believe how literally you people take things.It's like you dissect everything I say. You look at punctuation and other little things.Someone also remarked on this thread about how I could claim that some people use a cell phone 24/7. For your information I was just being sarcastic.I meant people use it a lot, yet the person took 24/7 literally.When I said,Don't get me started on cell phones I was just thinking out loud about things that bother me.If I worded it wrong I'm sorry.I stand corrected.

Maybe some of you do use the phones a lot and fall into the catagories I described and if I offended anybody I apologize. But please don't nitpick over everything I say.I was only stating what I notice in the city and my opinion of it.

OK, maybe I missed the sarcasm. Maybe you could elaborate on how cell phone usage and drug addiction fall into the same category.

Oh, and there is supposed to be a space after you use a period. I don't think anyone pointed that out yet.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 22:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I can't believe how literally you people take things.It's like you dissect everything I say. You look at punctuation and other little things.Someone also remarked on this thread about how I could claim that some people use a cell phone 24/7. For your information I was just being sarcastic.I meant people use it a lot, yet the person took 24/7 literally.When I said,Don't get me started on cell phones I was just thinking out loud about things that bother me.If I worded it wrong I'm sorry.I stand corrected.

Maybe some of you do use the phones a lot and fall into the catagories I described and if I offended anybody I apologize. But please don't nitpick over everything I say.I was only stating what I notice in the city and my opinion of it.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

spider wrote:
Quote:

fedupman wrote:
Just the same,I was bringing up a point about certain things that I find strange or annoying in Jersey City.I think I have that right and my points are valid.

it's valid for us to be annoyed with your posts.

one person's weird is another person's annoying. actually, it's most people's annoying.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedupman wrote:
Also don,t get me started on these people with their cell phones.

Who got you "started" on that? Nobody even mentioned it. But you still went off on the subject even though nobody mentioned it.

That's weird.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedupman wrote:
Just the same,I was bringing up a point about certain things that I find strange or annoying in Jersey City.I think I have that right and my points are valid.

It,s weird that you don,t have a space between your commas and periods and the following word.It,s very annoying and weird.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedupman wrote:

it's valid for us to be annoyed with your posts.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 18:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/11/3 17:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
It's also "weird" that his next post/reply used zero apostrophes/commas.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 17:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
My point was much less about grammar and more that we're all a little weird in one way or another - one person's weird is another person's perfectly normal. I've seen every kind of Internet message board grammatical mistake there is - no punctuation, all caps, misspellings, etc - but never have I seen someone use commas in place of apostrophes throughout their entire post. I assure you I have better things to do than pick on someone's grammar, but in the context of this thread I find your post "weird", just like you find certain people in Jersey City "weird". Not necessarily in a bad way, just in a ... ummm ... weird way. Embrace it.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 17:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Not to shy to talk;never knew you were the type to nitpick on grammar. Talk about being petty. I have made valid points with my posts.I especially hate when people are driving and talk on cell phones. Very dangerous. Sometimes when they are in front of you walking and stop dead in front of you because they are so involved with their phones you could actually trip over them.Unbelievable. I was really surprised at all the negative replies I received since I was only stating some observations I made.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 17:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/14 18:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is disappointing...it could be so much weirder.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 15:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedupman wrote:
I,m just saying that I find people odd when they stare at you funny or stare at you without blinking an eye.First of all staring is rude.It,s one thing to glance at a person when you,re passing them on the street but to stare like that often makes you wonder what,s going through their minds.It just seems odd because I,m very down to earth.If I pass somebody on the street and we look at each other I,ll say Good Morning so it dosen,t seem so awkward.

Also don,t get me started on these people with their cell phones. These people are not happy unless they,re on that cell phone 24/7. It,s become an addiction like drugs. Just yesterday I saw a woman on her phone while her dog was taking a crap and she was leaning over in such an unatural angle to allow him room to go while talking on the cell phone the entire time.Actually it was so funny I laughed.I could see cell phones for emergencies but these people make it their life blood. People did survive before cell phones,believe it or not.These people today are spoiled and become obsessed with it.

What's weird is how you gathered the data to support that people are on their phones 24/7.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 15:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

gt2220 wrote:
Quote:

fedupman wrote:
I,m just saying that I find people odd when they stare at you funny or stare at you without blinking an eye.First of all staring is rude.It,s one thing to glance at a person when you,re passing them on the street but to stare like that often makes you wonder what,s going through their minds.It just seems odd because I,m very down to earth.If I pass somebody on the street and we look at each other I,ll say Good Morning so it dosen,t seem so awkward.

Also don,t get me started on these people with their cell phones. These people are not happy unless they,re on that cell phone 24/7. It,s become an addiction like drugs. Just yesterday I saw a woman on her phone while her dog was taking a crap and she was leaning over in such an unatural angle to allow him room to go while talking on the cell phone the entire time.Actually it was so funny I laughed.I could see cell phones for emergencies but these people make it their life blood. People did survive before cell phones,believe it or not.These people today are spoiled and become obsessed with it.

I generally find it weird when people continually use commas in place of apostrophes, but to each their own I guess.

That is strange indeed. I must say, that's the first time I've ever seen that done. Very interesting.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 15:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedupman wrote:

I generally find it weird when people continually use commas in place of apostrophes, but to each their own I guess.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
the one thing i like about bluetooth devices is that it can make a normal business man look like a raving homeless person. to this day i assume they are just talking to themselves and then i see that thing sticking out of their ear like a cyborg.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 14:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/5 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
JC weirdos > Bob Hurley.

What a disgrace. The people behind that repetitive pile of shit 'magazine' should be ashamed of themselves..

Posted on: 2010/11/3 8:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/8 12:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I,m just saying that I find people odd when they stare at you funny or stare at you without blinking an eye.First of all staring is rude.It,s one thing to glance at a person when you,re passing them on the street but to stare like that often makes you wonder what,s going through their minds.It just seems odd because I,m very down to earth.If I pass somebody on the street and we look at each other I,ll say Good Morning so it dosen,t seem so awkward. Also don,t get me started on these people with their cell phones. These people are not happy unless they,re on that cell phone 24/7. It,s become an addiction like drugs. Just yesterday I saw a woman on her phone while her dog was taking a crap and she was leaning over in such an unatural angle to allow him room to go while talking on the cell phone the entire time.Actually it was so funny I laughed.I could see cell phones for emergencies but these people make it their life blood. People did survive before cell phones,believe it or not.These people today are spoiled and become obsessed with it.

Fascinating...do tell us more.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 2:22

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017