Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: JC Post Office - Be Very Afraid
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/24 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
No mail delivered today on monmouth between 3rd and 4th.

on wednesday, our mail lady had her supervisor with her... we got mail at 1:30pm. She usually doesn't bring it until after 4:30.

There is always at least 1 day per week that the entire block does not get mail delivery.

Posted on: 2011/1/7 23:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 16:47
Group:
Registered Users
I have a house in Jersey City but lived in VA for 8 months due to a short-term job there. The mail was supposed to be forwarded from NJ to VA but rarely was. Every time I would check in at the Post Office on Central Avenue, they would act as if they were doing me a "favor" by packaging up whatever was in my P O Box, stuffing it in an envelope & forwarding it ot the address in VA. I spoke to the Postmaster but it didn't help. Every time I hoped the Fed'l Govt would get it right, evidently I was only kidding myself . . .

Posted on: 2010/12/3 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
I am here as a voice of support for the USPS. I prefer things come from USPS because they always deliver it, and they do it well. UPS or Fedex never deliver it, or they fail to do it and eventually I have to drive out of the way to Secaucus or Kinnelon or wherever. Ugh.

I have to admit here, UPS doesn't have the greatest track record with me in Jersey City either. Just yesterday, they delivered a package to me that was for an address two doors down. How they confused a 79 with an 81 I have no idea. I have heard other people in Jersey City that had issues with them too.

So far, no problems with FedEx. I stand by what I said about USPS in Jersey City, the Montgomery Avenue office has some serious problems. This isn't a shot against the USPS as a whole, just the Montgomery Avenue office in Jersey City and I'm sure most people on this thread would agree.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The biggest problem with USPS is they operate like neither a business nor like a government service. They are a hybrid that fails in both spheres.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
I am here as a voice of support for the USPS. I prefer things come from USPS because they always deliver it, and they do it well. UPS or Fedex never deliver it, or they fail to do it and eventually I have to drive out of the way to Secaucus or Kinnelon or wherever. Ugh.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 5:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I had a package that came via the SmartPost service and the tracking number said it had arrived at the JC Post Office on November 21 and was "out for delivery". Several days went by - no package came to my place. I went to the JC Post Office to be told, it's sitting on a truck and will be at your place soon. Thanksgiving comes and goes, still no package. Finally I went to the JC Post Office again TODAY, December 1, went to the window for packages, showing them the tracking number. They search around the room and find my package. It has been there over a week. In any case, I'm glad I had trackable shipping.

I'm writing a letter and following the instructions a couple of emails back. This is ridiculous.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 5:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 15:38
From harsimus cove
Group:
Registered Users
I had another package go missing yesterday-- harsimus cove. it was delivered by UPS, I got home 20 minutes after the time stamp online, and no package. There is also a chance this was just misdelivered, but heads up to all just in case.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 0:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I've made numerous complaints over the past year with the post office - still having the same issues.

As far as the postmaster general - here is what I found on google

http://www.ehow.com/how_5040363_file- ... t-postmaster-general.html

After posting yesterday I called the post office at 201-915-7041, the postmaster wasn't in but I spoke with a "supervisor" - this was at 11:30am. Apparently, the mail carrier was still at the post office. I could hear her in the background claiming "i delivered mail, 411 just didn't get any" The likely hood that all 4 units here, and all 3 next door, and 3 across the street didn't receive at least one piece of junk mail is crazy.

I'm going to call the postmaster general tomorrow - I suggest anyone else do the same.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blockwatcher wrote:
I live on monmouth street. At least once a week there is a day where noone in my building receives mail. Looking around the block, it seems as though noone else is getting mail that day either. This would all be just fine is the day was sunday.

I reviewed my security camera footage - and unless she evaded the motion detection settings that are sensitive enough to pick up a blowing leaf - she wasn't on the block at all yesterday. 11/19

Anyone else on monmouth have that same problem?

Have you regiestered a complaint with the post office? If you get no response then file a complaint with the postmaster general. Google it and you'll get detailed instructions. A postman not delivering mail is a serious offense. I'd try to get your neighbors to do the same.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 13:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/24 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I'm on Monmouth St. Same issue. And then, the next day, I have a really large amount of mail. I actually confronted the postwoman about it (we were missing some birthday cards) and she got really defensive. Its a loose loose, at least, that's what I have resigned to anyway

Posted on: 2010/11/20 20:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live on monmouth street. At least once a week there is a day where noone in my building receives mail. Looking around the block, it seems as though noone else is getting mail that day either. This would all be just fine is the day was sunday.

I reviewed my security camera footage - and unless she evaded the motion detection settings that are sensitive enough to pick up a blowing leaf - she wasn't on the block at all yesterday. 11/19

Anyone else on monmouth have that same problem?

Posted on: 2010/11/20 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
I live in Hamilton Park area. UPS said it delivered package to my front door yesterday. I was home and they didn't buzz. It was stolen from the front door within the 30 minutes they said the left it there to the time I checked outside my door.

I usually have all items delivered to my office but this was one that required ground service to residence. I also know of another person who ran in to the same issue within this week.

It's that time of year again!

Posted on: 2010/11/18 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
I'm almost mail free. I seriously check my mailbox once a week and immediately throw out everything in it. Very rarely do I receive a piece of mail that isn't marked "Current resident," or "Our 'friends' at..." All of my bills are automatically paid online now with no paper statements. I signed up for this thing that stops creditors from sending me offers for up to 5 years. And I usually get all of my online shopping shipped UPS or Fedex. If I can bribe my mail carrier into not delivering junk mail to me I'll be fully independent from my mailbox.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/11/12 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
I have lived in no less than 20 cities, worst postal service by far.

I don't think you can attribute these inefficientcies to Jersey City. Most workers in these post offices commute from out of town, are either uneducated or foreign born. The post office has to hire certain people based on political correct ethics other than merit. You stated that your mail did not get sent to it's destination and you have lived here and there and everywhere. Maybe the route of your mail has changed between destinations and other postal workers at other postal depots are upsetting the apple cart of postal productivity.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 1:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/31 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone else who's not had any mail the last 3 days in the heights? Happens all the time.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I have lived in no less than 20 cities, worst postal service by far.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 0:54

What's with the post office on Washington?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/12 0:00
Group:
Registered Users
Twice in the past 6 months a bill that I mailed got "lost". Never in my life have I had a problem with something that I mailed. Now I have had to cancel 2 checks because they never made it to their destination. Something shady going on there, or are they just disorganized?

Posted on: 2010/11/12 0:17

Re: Missing package - what to do now?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Just from this morning. 2 different UPS packages left in plain sight on people's stoops. Maybe the home-owners requested this? Still not a good idea.

Resized ImageResized Image

Posted on: 2010/10/14 15:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/15 3:56
From VVP
Group:
Registered Users
I'm the original poster, and just wanted to post an quick, disappointing, update.

I'd spoken with Joe at the Package Window at the downtown Post Office, with supervisor Carol at the same office, who then referred me to the Postal Investigation unit at this point. Both personnel at the downtown Post Office told me that since it's not insured, they can't do anything (even though it's registered. As I went through my complaining that someone should have asked for an ID - as is the "regulation" for a registered package, the way both personnel responded made me felt that they suspect it was an inside job - they didn't sound surprised, and did not try to deny that it's a possibility).

Given my package originated from Asia, the Postal Investigation representative told me in order for something to happen, the sender has to initiate an investigation - so I'm being sent back to the merchant seller (who I had spoken once briefly, and had declined to help based on the fact that the usps.com website says the package is delivered!)

Sorry for the nonstop rumblings, but I'm just so frustrated and shocked at such inefficiencies, and obvious efforts to "pass the buck" attitude! It's something so simple, but no one is willing to lift a finger to help - God forbide, they would be breaking the rules for trying to help a customer!

Unbelievable!!!

Posted on: 2010/10/14 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
On Monday, I received an Amazon package with "Wrong Address" scribbled on it. Of course, it was delivered by the U.S. Post Office. They delivered it to the wrong address, and luckily, I got it back.

Posted on: 2010/10/13 10:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I used to have my packages sent to work when I lived in the city. Maybe next time try that?

Posted on: 2010/10/6 18:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/15 3:56
From VVP
Group:
Registered Users
Sent you a PM...

Quote:

kitcat wrote:
My husband and I never had problems with our mail when we rented a garden apt. but now that we have a house, things go missing all the time. Not just packages (we have lost checks, small Amazon boxes, you name it) but actual mail, (birthday cards mostly) that it became unreal. We had a hard time believing all of it was stolen from the front of our house (our mailbox is big enough for most of these things to be put into it and it locks) so I was actually put in touch with a Ferderal Agent down at the Post Office who worked on our case and someone was arrested a few months ago. If you'd like PM me and I'll send you her contact info. She was extremely helpful, more so than anyone else down at that Post Office!

Posted on: 2010/10/6 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Your congressman takes care of any issues with the post office. He should know what is going on in Jersey City.

Anybody who has a complaint about the post office should contact Congressman Albio Sires. The more the better.

Congressman Albio Sires
Jersey City
35 Journal Square, Suite 906
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Phone: 201-222-2828
Fax: 201-222-0188

http://www.sires.house.gov/index.php? ... task=view&id=25&Itemid=51

Posted on: 2010/10/6 13:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/23 9:07
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Simple: request a signature to be signed upon delivery.
new in town?

Far from new. When expecting a package request that the sender require a signed receipt for the delivery. The sender will state whether that can be done or not. If it c an be done and the package is dropped off without one or worse yet stolen. Then immedately go and complain. Also make sure the package is insured !! With this in miond and something occurs you got them by the you know what.

Again, all of this means nothing if the sender requires a signature and someone at your address 20 years ago gave FedEx or UPS a signature release for the address. It doesn't matter if that person still lives there or not. Believe me, I went through it.

Posted on: 2010/10/6 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I heard birthday cards are stolen because they look like birthday cards (colorful envelopes) and could always have some $$ in them as a gift etc.

I worry because we don't have an automatic locking door (if you saw our small condo entrance, it's not built for that capability). USPS said it's not a problem as the carriers are supposed lock the door and know they are supposed to. They often don't. Why wouldn't we suspect they leave it open for their "friends" to pay us a visit later? It gets the wheels turning when we've been robbed recently.

Posted on: 2010/10/6 13:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/24 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
My husband and I never had problems with our mail when we rented a garden apt. but now that we have a house, things go missing all the time. Not just packages (we have lost checks, small Amazon boxes, you name it) but actual mail, (birthday cards mostly) that it became unreal. We had a hard time believing all of it was stolen from the front of our house (our mailbox is big enough for most of these things to be put into it and it locks) so I was actually put in touch with a Ferderal Agent down at the Post Office who worked on our case and someone was arrested a few months ago. If you'd like PM me and I'll send you her contact info. She was extremely helpful, more so than anyone else down at that Post Office!

Posted on: 2010/10/6 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Our building has had consistent problems with USPS postal carriers. It's distressing as they have put our safety at risk leaving the front door keys IN the front door (forgetting to put back in their lock box). We were recently robbed and for them to jeopardize our safety when their main job is to a) open door with key, b) put mail in box, c) close door with key. What am I missing here?

They once delivered our season sport tickets (valued at over $800) to the wrong address. They were popular tickets and we are impressed someone returned them to us. Are these carriers bonded? We've had at least five situations with carriers in the past six months. There's only so many times we can phone to complain. I don't want to complain, I want a solution. But please let's start writing in - power in numbers.

Posted on: 2010/10/6 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
new in town?

Far from new. When expecting a package request that the sender require a signed receipt for the delivery. The sender will state whether that can be done or not. If it c an be done and the package is dropped off without one or worse yet stolen. Then immedately go and complain. Also make sure the package is insured !! With this in miond and something occurs you got them by the you know what.

last time I had a sender specify "signature required," my delightful FedEx guy left the package under a mound of trash in front of the abandoned house next door. he even left a helpful note directing me towards said mound of trash. I called his supervisor. I filed a complaint. nothing was done.

requesting a signature only works if you get a driver who respects that request.

Posted on: 2010/10/6 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
new in town?

Posted on: 2010/10/6 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
It's no surprise that many people in JC don't receive their mail - several people who work at the post office here are incredibly lazy and incompetent, and the postmaster doesn't care. Complaining to the post office will get you nowhere.

If you are expecting important mail or a package to be delivered that doesn't show up, you MUST contact the US Postal Inspection Service. Especially if the package is marked delivered.

Information on filing a complaint is available at https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx.

If the postal inspector receives enough complaints, maybe something will actually happen.

Posted on: 2010/10/6 1:36

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017