Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Where are the playgrounds in Paulus Hook?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Whatever happened to this waterfront park plan? DOA?
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=239972#forumpost239972

Even if 4 corners were renovated and the school corner recaptured it would still be less than half the area of VVP and less than a quarter of HP. That's meager for any neighborhood, never mind an area of hi rise residential.

Planning Dept=FAIL They create residential redevelopment zones without parks. WTF? And they're still doing it. Just watch what's going on in the Jersey Ave redevelopment zone north of 10th st.

Posted on: 2010/10/4 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Sounds like other than Van Voorst Park there's nothing.

Newport has a couple nice playgrounds, Hamilton Park is nice but if you want something easily accessible, there's nothing on that southeast waterfront quadrant north of the canal.

Posted on: 2010/10/4 17:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/15 10:57
Group:
Registered Users
Yes it is very nice to go to the Liberty state park. The playground is very nice and big. If you have some time to shoot some pictures on the playground then you may post it here.

Posted on: 2010/10/4 17:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/6 18:16
Group:
Registered Users
If you feel like walking to the Newport/Pavonia area, there is a great playground on River Drive South next to the Duande Reade, marked by a green fence. There is also a tot lot next to the Harborside Light Rail station, near the boardwalk, next to the Avalon Tower (I think it's called). It's not a bad walk from the Paulus Hook area.

Posted on: 2010/5/6 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
They are opening a playground sometime this month by the essex st light rail. We usually walk to van vorst, it's about 10 minutes and my only form of exercise! LOL.

You can also take the light rail to the various newport parks. Kind of a pain, but the kids like the train ride.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 16:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/11 19:06
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
The playground in Van Vorst is the only one nearby right now. If you know someone at Towers at Portside, they have a nice indoor playground.
I don't know what the completion schedule is of the playground under renovation at the corner of Greene and Essex. Here's the latest on Paulus Hook Park (aka 4-Corners):

Paulus Hook Park Plans

Posted on: 2010/5/3 14:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/25 3:38
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome! Where did yo move from?

You can actually get to LSP more quickly (and with a shorter walk to playground if you take the ferry... link below). It is a $1pp to go across the canal (i think kids under 6 are free).

http://www.libertylandingferry.com/

There is also Hamilton Park if you walk north on Jersey Avenue you will run right into it. However, 2 things, 1) it is closed right now for renovation, although it is hopefully going to open on 6/5 and they just installed a whole new playground area... and it looks great; 2) if you think it is a long walk to VPP then you are going to have to add another 10 minutes to get to HP.

If you are really feeling adventurous, hop the lightrail to Hoboken. They have a nice waterfront walkway and there are several age-based playground areas at Church Square Park (which is about a 7-10 minute walk from the Hoboken Terminal.)

Enjoy!

Posted on: 2010/5/1 3:53

Where are the playgrounds in Paulus Hook?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/30 1:13
Group:
Registered Users
I just moved my family to Jersey City in Paulus Hook with 2 young kids. We are trying to find where all of the local playgrounds are located. So far we've only found
1) one in Liberty state park (but requires taking the lightrail and a long walk)
2) Van Vorst Park (which is still a bit of a walk from the waterfront)
3) Seems like a new playground is being built near Colgate park which is nice but not finished yet.
4) Looks like Paulus Hook park might get renovated with a playground but they don't have funding yet

Please let me know if you are aware of any others??

Posted on: 2010/5/1 2:45

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017