Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: UPS driver relieved of his shirt by manager after his arrest outside Downtown JC police station
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
And when exactly in my obervations did I belittle any of my neighbors?

I know you're not talking about JCPD members when you refer to "neighbors" since so scarcely few of them actually live here.

But back to my opening question of when I belittled my neighbors --- please enlighten all of us.

Posted on: 2010/10/3 3:47

Re: UPS driver relieved of his shirt by manager after his arrest outside Downtown JC police station

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/4 1:43
Group:
Banned
I'm a homeowner and I hate cops as much as anyone. Whining and belittling your neighbors won't get you any support around here.

Posted on: 2010/10/3 3:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Blah blah blah, wahhh wahhhhh, blah blah. Blah, blah blah. Wahhhh.

Clever and eloquent as your retort is, there is great validity to my observations and to those that share them.

It's a matter of time before one of these head cases in a JCPD uniform --- either rolling through the aforementioned stops signs, or failing to yield to the aforementioned pedestrians, and/or talking on his/her aforementioned cell phone --- actually hits and injures someone.

The resulting lawsuit against the city would be substantial ---- and the financial settlement would be ultimately underwritten by the taxpayers (city corporation insurance coverage notwithstanding).

Assuming you actually are a homeowner and not a renter, this should be a legitimate concern to you.

Posted on: 2010/10/3 2:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/4 1:43
Group:
Banned
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
when they're not rolling through stop signs, failing to yield for pedestrians, and/or continually talking on their cell phones.

Blah blah blah, wahhh wahhhhh, blah blah. Blah, blah blah. Wahhhh.

Posted on: 2010/10/2 16:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The most astounding part of this story is that the JCPD actually got off their fat lazy asses to write the guy for impeding traffic and for double parking ---- two things routinely done in this city with virtually no enforcement or penalty.

Oh wait --- it's usually the marked JCPD cars doing these things ---- I mean when they're not rolling through stop signs, failing to yield for pedestrians, and/or continually talking on their cell phones.

Posted on: 2010/10/2 16:18

UPS driver relieved of his shirt by manager after his arrest outside Downtown JC police station
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
UPS driver relieved of his shirt by manager after his arrest outside Downtown Jersey City police station

Saturday, October 02, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A UPS truck driver ticketed by Jersey City cops for blocking traffic double-parked again moments later and was arrested after his truck struck a parked police car in front of a police station Thursday, officials said.

Nigel J. Simmons, 32, of New York City, was arrested at 5:16 p.m. outside the East District Police Station on Seventh Street and a UPS representative took away his company shirt while he was in the police holding cell, reports said.

Officers first saw Simmons' truck illegally parked and impeding traffic at Erie and Seventh streets and he seemed agitated as the officers wrote him two summonses, reports said.

Simmons then pulled forward and double parked directly in front of the police station. The officers said when they approached him this time, his "attitude had worsened," reports said.

After a few minutes, Simmons put the truck in gear and it struck the rear bumper of the parked cruiser, reports said.

Simmons was charged with obstructing the accident investigation after he refused to stop talking on his cell phone and would not turn over his driving credentials, reports said. Police later found there were outstanding traffic-related warrants for Simmons out of Bayonne, Jersey City and Secaucus, reports said.

A UPS worker responded and drove Simmons' truck away. A company security manager also went to the police station and took away Simmons' UPS-issued shirt, reports said.

Posted on: 2010/10/2 16:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017