Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Watch out who hangs out on your stoop!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/23 9:07
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mfadam wrote:
3 squad cars just broke up a melee of sorts on Grove St around 3:30PM; usual cast of high school neanderthals scattered as soon as the police pulled up.

Great kids...

There were kids running around with actual machetes

Posted on: 2010/10/1 21:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/1 20:41
Group:
Registered Users
We all should feel comfortable and relatively safe whether we live downtown or uptown. It's no more of a right in either location.

The reality, however, is that crime is everywhere in JC. And where ever you are, you better get used to it and be alert!

Or........move!

Posted on: 2010/10/1 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
3 squad cars just broke up a melee of sorts on Grove St around 3:30PM; usual cast of high school neanderthals scattered as soon as the police pulled up.

Great kids...

Posted on: 2010/10/1 20:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
thanks political for getting involved. you're right it's important to report everything and look out for your neighbors. at night the east district has only six or seven cars, with two guys in each, and a maybe a few undercovers, on directed patrols. The east district runs from the hoboken border all the way down to a little past communipaw. That's so few police for this area. And obviously in this economy and budget problems we're not going to be getting more police anytime soon.

Posted on: 2010/10/1 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:
the jersey city gun license bureau is located right next to the police station on erie st... just an fyi.

new jersey legislation subscribes to Castle Doctrine btw, though it does require a reasonable effort to retreat

I have no problem with the right to own a firearm.

However, if a weapon was fired or even displayed on the street by a legal gun owner in the situation described, the gun owner would have been arrested.

Anyone who thinks about owning a firearm should really consider safety and marksmanship classes. Also, always call the police immediately instead of running for a weapon first and put the darn weapon away if the police have to enter your residence. Lastly, advise them that you own a firearm.

Posted on: 2010/10/1 16:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/14 1:55
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I used to live on the same block and we had random people hang out on out stoop all the time. Most of the time they were teenagers smoking weed.

This occurrence is quite disturbing, yet not surprising. I always tighten up at the corner of Jersey and 2nd when I walk by that building on NE corner.

Posted on: 2010/10/1 12:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Where the heck is the police presence.

Cops need to be visible.

The city just raised our freaking taxes AGAIN.

Hey cops.... start doing your jobs. Start walking the beat.

This pisses me off.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Crime always ticks up in a bad economy. More people become thugs because the legit avenues to cash are fewer/harder to get.

I think people should be much more vigilant in the current environment...

Posted on: 2010/9/30 0:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/8 0:22
Group:
Registered Users
Political - thank you for coming out and helping last night; the yuppie kid is one of our neighbors' brother; he was pretty badly bruised, and I'm sure, pretty scared.

We live in JC for eight years and always been cautious, but never afraid to walk around downtown, especially a street like Jersey Ave. There have been a lot of posts on JC List and local papers stories about crime, beatings, murders...maybe is not the economy...but clearly we all have to be much more careful, and look out for each other.

Posted on: 2010/9/29 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think it has anything to do with the recession. Thugs, and the activities they partake in, generally are not affected by any changes in the economy.

Posted on: 2010/9/29 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
the jersey city gun license bureau is located right next to the police station on erie st... just an fyi.

new jersey legislation subscribes to Castle Doctrine btw, though it does require a reasonable effort to retreat

Posted on: 2010/9/29 19:43

Watch out who hangs out on your stoop!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/10 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
I live on Jersey ave & 2nd st, last night 11pm I heard screaming outside my window. I ran out the door, a black guy and a hispanic guy where beating up a white yuppy looking kid. I told them to stop and they ran across the street where they had a car parked in front of a driveway on 2nd street, I ran after them told them to stop but they speeded off towards newark ave, lights off so that I couldn't see the plates. The victim was badly bruised and had a bloody lip. He told me that the guys had been sitting on the stoop of the house on the corner and jumped on him trying to steal money from his pockets.
A police car drove by and we stopped it, told the whole story and they called an ambulance and another sergeant who took all the witnesses stories. (a few other neighbors came out too)
Last week I caught some young kids from union city, trying to steal bikes from my friends porch on 2nd st. That time I also spoke to the police and they where very helpful, took descriptions and looked out for them.
Lesson learned:
Look out for anyone that doesn't belong in your neighborhood.
Keep an eye out for suspicious parked cars at night.
Call the police immediately.
Because of the recession people are coming to downtown JC to try to steal anything of value and even rob people if they get a chance.
The only way to prevent this is to keep your eyes open and call East District immediately (201) 547-5408.

Posted on: 2010/9/29 19:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017