Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Newport apartment blaze displaces six (four adults - two children) injures one firefighter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
GP,

I think it was the ELEVENTH floor.

So that's six people living in a one bedroom apartment with a diining area...smilingly called a "junior two." I suppose an infant can sleep in the dishwasher.

I guess only fires will expose illegally overcrowded apartments.

What are state/city regulations on housing occupancy limits, especially on housing using state and federal mortgages and local tax abatements?

Quote:
The regulations, however, become more complicated when children are introduced into the dwelling. The Division of Youth and Family Services has also promulgated regulations concerning children. Generally, children of opposite sex cannot share a bedroom with each other or an adult. Therefore, families with children will very often need to rent apartments with more bedrooms, even in cases when a single bedroom would have been large enough to accommodate the size of the family.

The SIZE item is that a bedroom must have 70 square feet for a person and 50 more for each additional.

Posted on: 2010/9/29 14:11

Re: Newport apartment blaze displaces six (four adults - two children) injures one firefighter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
I've never seen so many JC fire trucks in one place, I counted 15.

Posted on: 2010/9/27 15:35

Newport apartment blaze displaces six (four adults - two children) injures one firefighter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Newport fire displaces six, injures one firefighter

Monday, September 27, 2010

A two-alarm blaze displaced four adults and two children from an apartment in the Newport community on the Jersey City waterfront last night, officials said.

Firefighters responded to the fire on the 10th floor of the George Washington Building at 55 River Drive South at 5:10 p.m. and the fire was declared under control at 5:44 p.m., Fire Director Armando Roman said.

One firefighter, Augosto Torres, injured his right hand while fighting the fire and he was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center, Roman said. No civilians were injured, he said.

The fire was contained to the one apartment, he said, noting the unit suffered heavy damage.

The American Red Cross relocated the four adults and two children, he said.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation, Roman said.

KEN THORBOURNE

Posted on: 2010/9/27 15:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017