Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Tears of joy at ceremony dedicating first home built by Habitat for Humanity
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
I think Habitat for Humanity is a WONDERFUL organization. I also think that the corner of Stegman and Ocean is one of the very worst corners of the city.
Neither statement negates the other, neither reinforces the other.

Unlike some people I can keep two dissimilar ideas in my head at one time without exploding.

Posted on: 2010/9/11 13:05

Re: Greenville: Tears of joy at ceremony dedicating first home built by Habitat for Humanity
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/30 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
That's the corner of Ocean and Stegman. I cannot think of a worse place in the City. Even at $277 a month mortgage, it's not much of a bargain unless she never plans to leave the house.

Would it be better for organizations not to help people out? Would it be better for this family to be homeless or downtown where their mortgage would not be affordable? Come on! It's easy to criticize and not offer solutions.

Kudos to Habitat for Humanity for helping another family!

Posted on: 2010/9/10 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
That's the corner of Ocean and Stegman. I cannot think of a worse place in the City. Even at $277 a month mortgage, it's not much of a bargain unless she never plans to leave the house.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 11:33

Greenville: Tears of joy at ceremony dedicating first home built by Habitat for Humanity
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map
View Larger Map Tears of joy at ceremony dedicating first home built by Habitat for Humanity of Hudson County Thursday, September 09, 2010 By PATRICK VILLANOVA JOURNAL STAFF WRITER Rosa Felix stood in front of her brand new three-bedroom house on Ocean Avenue and wiped away tears of joy as they streaked down her face. Habitat for Humanity of Hudson County held a special ceremony yesterday to dedicate its first house, at 476 Ocean Ave., a place Felix, her husband Nelson and their three children now call home. "I don't have the words to explain the way I feel right now," said Nelson Felix, adding that it feels like "we're in heaven" in the new house. Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, Ward F Councilwoman Viola Richardson and Ward D Councilman William Gaughan joined Habitat for Humanity officials outside the house for the dedication and to congratulate the Felix family. "(Habitiat for Humanity) helps us do our jobs to make our city better for everyone," said Healy. "We're thrilled to have this first solid piece of housing for the Felix family." Situated on a lot that the city donated, the Felixs' new home is attached to an identical Habitat house that is currently for sale. The Felix family poured over 400 hours of "sweat equity" into helping construct the homes along with hundreds of volunteers. The family will pay a $100,000 no-interest mortgage on the house. To qualify for Habitat housing, families must be living in housing that is deemed inadequate and have a total income that falls between 50 and 80 percent of the median income for Hudson County. Established in 2004, the international organization's Hudson County affiliate is currently searching for a qualified family for its second home, located at 478 Ocean Ave. "Through hard work and planning, Nelson and Rosa Felix made their dream of home ownership a reality," said Jean Quinn, president of Habitat for Humanity of Hudson County.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 10:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017