Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Do we have a dog leash ordinance in JC?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
[quote]
sevenyc wrote:
You mean quality of life ordinances that havn't been enforced for the past 30+years??, let me correct myself, back in the 90's during Shundler's tenure the NID was created to pick up the slack on all these issues which turned out to be a complete joke! Good luck!!

The NID were not police officers they could not persuade mean looking gang memeber acting dog walkers to attach their leash. They could recommend but that is as far it goes. Now the NID deals with exterior property maintenance by issuing tickets to home owners or writing work orders to other city agencies when the infraction is out of their jurisdiction.

In other words, nothing much has changed........Another classic bureaucratic agency at work.

Posted on: 2010/9/13 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
[quote]
sevenyc wrote:
You mean quality of life ordinances that havn't been enforced for the past 30+years??, let me correct myself, back in the 90's during Shundler's tenure the NID was created to pick up the slack on all these issues which turned out to be a complete joke! Good luck!!

The NID were not police officers they could not persuade mean looking gang memeber acting dog walkers to attach their leash. They could recommend but that is as far it goes. Now the NID deals with exterior property maintenance by issuing tickets to home owners or writing work orders to other city agencies when the infraction is out of their jurisdiction.

Posted on: 2010/9/11 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/11 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gibbons70 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
until they experience a negative reaction like a fine from animal control or police, they will continue not to give a siht!

Like animal control or JCPD will actually give a ticket........

The Division of Animal Control does. If you know where this person lives keep calling animal control with their address and description of the dog and owner until you notice a change. Their number is (201) 547-4888. This woman on my block now thinks I am an a-hole but I got tired of telling her to leash her two dogs.

Posted on: 2010/9/11 11:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
until they experience a negative reaction like a fine from animal control or police, they will continue not to give a siht!

Like animal control or JCPD will actually give a ticket........

Posted on: 2010/9/11 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
As of 2007 -

? 90-16. - Use of leash in public places.

[Amended 10-24-2007 by Ord. No. 07-168]

Except in an area designated as a dog run by the City of Jersey City Division of Parks and Forestry with official signage erected clearly indicating such dog run, no person who owns, keeps or harbors any dog shall suffer or permit it to be upon the public streets or in any of the public places of the city unless such dog is accompanied by a responsible person and is securely confined and controlled by one adequate leash not more than six feet long.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Quote:

gp193 wrote:
I take my dog to the park at the end of Washington and let him off the leash..... I realize this off-leash freedom is a privilege....

So the generally oblivious and spoiled sense of entitlement that pervades the lives of so many of the people living downtown has now progressed to the point where the willful breaking of the law is now classified as "a privilege".

Thank you. You have further confirmed that the overall sense of contempt I hold for so many of you is not misplaced.

+100 Icechute

Posted on: 2010/9/10 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

gp193 wrote:
I take my dog to the park at the end of Washington and let him off the leash..... I realize this off-leash freedom is a privilege....

So the generally oblivious and spoiled sense of entitlement that pervades the lives of so many of the people living downtown has now progressed to the point where the willful breaking of the law is now classified as "a privilege".

Thank you. You have further confirmed that the overall sense of contempt I hold for so many of you is not misplaced.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 19:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sevenyc wrote:
I am really annoyed at dog owners walking their dogs without leashes, and I want to know if there is any requirement in JC for dogs to be leashed.

There are a couple of different owners around the Dixon Mills area who cavalierly allow their dogs to walk off the leash, and sometimes the allow their dogs to walk several yards away from them. Nevermind those of us who leash and curb our dogs out of respect for our neighbors, and who understand that being a dog owner comes with specific responsibilities.

One of these "leash-less" dogs, a grey Schnauzer/Terrier mix (I think), rushes at my dog every time it sees her. The owner doesn't seem to think this behavior is a big deal. She always asks if my dog is friendly, which is beside the point, because I can't tell if her dog is or is not friendly. Not once have I seen this dog on a leash. The time her dog rushed at mine, the owner was standing about 50 yards away! It freaked my dog out, and she didn't come over right away to see what was going on. My dog was attacked by another dog once before, and I'm sick of telling this owner to leash her *&^%#@! dog. She gets incredulous with me when I tell her she should leash her dog, and treats me like I'm a jerk for telling her to do so.

So back to my question... Is there an ordinance in JC that I can quote to these negligent dog owners that might get them to leash their pooches? Or is there another way for me to go at this to get the point across without being viewed as the jerk on the block?

You mean quality of life ordinances that havn't been enforced for the past 30+years??, let me correct myself, back in the 90's during Shundler's tenure the NID was created to pick up the slack on all these issues which turned out to be a complete joke!

Good luck!!

Posted on: 2010/9/10 19:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/1 18:47
Group:
Registered Users
+1.
Thanks to an unleashed dog, my dog, who has a bad back, ended up needing surgery on his spine to address the injury and then had to endure a long, painful recovery.

My dog was on his leash -- we were approached by an unleashed dog who ran up behind us, startled my dog and, as a result, caused my dog to jump in such a way that completely screwed up his spine.

I am a dog lover but I'm so tired of people who think they can control their dogs when they are off-leash. Keep your dogs on a leash or keep them in a dog run.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

gp193 wrote:
I have to agree that things are a bit too lax around there. I take my dog to the park at the end of Washington and let him off the leash once we're a good distance inside the park, and I supervise him while he cavorts with the other dogs. I realize this is off-leash freedom is a privilege that often passes under the radar and I think we all have to be careful and respectful of others.

What really got my goat the other day was a woman who totally took advantage and put other people and dogs at risk. This woman came from somewhere on Dudley street, sat on a bench in front of Portside and let her aggressive, unfixed schnauzer run into the park alone, completely out of her sight. The dog took a crap and ran up to all the toddlers who were playing in the front circle part of the park. It also ran up to my dog, still on leash, and tried to hump him. The dog ran loose for at least 5 minutes until a friend recognized the dog and went to find the owner, thinking that the dog had escaped from home. It drove me nuts that this woman thought she could treat the street and the park like her own suburban backyard without regard for the other people who use it. If I see her again, I will ask her to keep a better eye on her dog.

so let me get this straight: you let your dog off its leash, then complain about the lax rules and use another person's unleashed dog as an example?

you, sir or madam, are part of the problem.

Took the words out of my mouth, maybe because that dog was leashed at the time or they have "control" over their dog. The only place for an unleashed dog is your home, a dog park, or your own fenced in backyard.. Do us all a favor what about people who have dog aggressive dogs who want to walk their dogs in the park on Washington? THEY DON'T and avoid it because of people like you.. not fair at all

Posted on: 2010/9/10 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gp193 wrote:
I have to agree that things are a bit too lax around there. I take my dog to the park at the end of Washington and let him off the leash once we're a good distance inside the park, and I supervise him while he cavorts with the other dogs. I realize this is off-leash freedom is a privilege that often passes under the radar and I think we all have to be careful and respectful of others.

What really got my goat the other day was a woman who totally took advantage and put other people and dogs at risk. This woman came from somewhere on Dudley street, sat on a bench in front of Portside and let her aggressive, unfixed schnauzer run into the park alone, completely out of her sight. The dog took a crap and ran up to all the toddlers who were playing in the front circle part of the park. It also ran up to my dog, still on leash, and tried to hump him. The dog ran loose for at least 5 minutes until a friend recognized the dog and went to find the owner, thinking that the dog had escaped from home. It drove me nuts that this woman thought she could treat the street and the park like her own suburban backyard without regard for the other people who use it. If I see her again, I will ask her to keep a better eye on her dog.

so let me get this straight: you let your dog off its leash, then complain about the lax rules and use another person's unleashed dog as an example?

you, sir or madam, are part of the problem.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 19:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/26 19:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/9/10 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe we can all pool our money together and hire a dog catcher, seeing as how they are no longer employed by the cartoon industry. Could work...

Posted on: 2010/9/10 17:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/23 19:44
Group:
Registered Users
Well said!!

I believe dogs are the best thing around, but, when it comes to people...well...

Posted on: 2010/9/10 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
I think that is best described as an acute sense of entitlement. Sadly, many dog owners flaunt the law when it comes to their precious "kids" because, as we all know, their dogs are unique in being perfectly well-behaved, always respond when called, and they have never seen their dogs attack or approach other dogs in the manner you describe. You must be imagining your experiences!!

OK, so I am being sarcastic, but I think many on these boards would agree with what I am saying.

Dogs may be man's best friend, I am just not sure that man is a dog's best friend. Setting up a dog for failure (by not using a leash and failing to curb its behavior) is the quickest way to undermine their confidence and to foster undesirable behavior.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 16:15

Dogs unleashed!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/23 19:44
Group:
Registered Users
What is with dog owners around Hudson Pointe, Portside, etc? I am a dog owner and LOVE dogs but I cannot walk my dog without some crazy dog coming up to mine and humping, attacking, etc him. And, inevitably the owner follows behind screaming their dog's name with a pathetic 'sorry.' PLEASE LEASH YOUR DOGS!!

Posted on: 2010/9/10 15:43

Unleashed dog

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/6/16 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
I feel like a jerk for even asking this. This dog (a pitbull, not being biased against them- this is just so you know the size) runs free on it's walks because it's owner is an elderly woman with a walker. When anyone walks their dog in the neighborhood and this dog sees it, it will go out of it's way to come over. I have never seen it attack, but I feel like it is an accident waiting to happen. What if it startles someones dog and a fight breaks out? The owner is usually a good 1/2 block away, and has to walk slowly, so it isn't like she could do anything. I have had it come after my tiny dog (who is leashed) on several occations, but I will just pick her up and walk away with the other dog following me untill the owner calls it back (it doesn't always come when called either). It is sometimes a little scary- having a random dog following you jumping up behind you to check out your dog. I have said something to her on several occations, but she just ignores me. I know it is the law where we live that all dogs must be leashed. So, should I just let it go and mind my own business or do I call animal control? Please don't hate me for asking this, I know she can't keep up with her dog, but there are so many children and other dogs in the area it just can't be safe...

Posted on: 2007/6/13 6:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I've posted this anecdote before, but with the ephemeral archives of JCList, I'll repeat it.

A year or so ago I was walking through the park and I see the dog owners scrambling to get their dogs on leash. I look around and here comes 2 bike cops. Do they ticket? No. What they do is verbally reassure the dog owners that they are NOT going to ticket them!

Hows that for going from turning a blind eye to actually condoning lawbreaking!

Any questioning of the PD brass about "quality of life" enforcement simply gets you the standard "undermanned force" speech. So simple it's beautiful.

Posted on: 2007/6/5 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Q. Do we have a dog leash ordinance in JC?

A. Sure we do, but is it enforced - who frigg'n knows.
Call animal control or the Police and ask how many tickets have been written for that violation this year or last year, then ask would they produce some documentation on all those quality of life violations being issued.

The cops or animal control could write more tickets then the parking ticket guys if they really wanted too. They should pull their fingers out of the ass instead of directing traffic for construction sites.

This could be a good investigative news story for the newspapers. hint, hint!

Posted on: 2007/6/5 16:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
Lasty Friday morning at approximately 7:40 am while walking my leashed, 7 month old bulldog puppy in Hamilton Park, one neighbor came bouncing in with his pit mix off leash into the park. While my puppy was quietly socializing with two other leashed dogs, this pit mix lunged at my bully and pinned him. The behavior was clearly aggressive and not at all playful. When I told the owner he should leash his dog, his reply to me was, "that's what dogs are about" He never even asked if my dog was ok.

Going forward I will make a practice of calling both the police and NID everytime I see ANY dog off leash in HP. Neither me nor my dog should feel we are in imminent danger of being attacked;nor should anyone else. Should an unleashed dog ever attack anyone or anyone's dog, the victim has a right under the law to defend themselves and their dog with the same force with which they are being attacked.

It amazes me, how many people have such a misplaced sense of what they "know" about their dogs, as their dogs go running around the park with little control by the owners. Especially, annoying is to see owners chatting away with their neighbors as their dogs run around unleashed while the owners aren't even looking at their dogs.

Posted on: 2007/6/5 14:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/10/25 19:15
Group:
Registered Users
I am so glad that it is not just me who is amazed by all of the unleashed dogs walking around the streets and destroying the parks. I was watching my sister's dog for a few days and thought I might bring him down to Hamilton Park for a nice walk. I spent 20 minutes there before I had to leave. I spent the whole time telling people, "You need to leash that dog. You need to leash that dog." Any self respecting City dweller is well-aware that your dog needs to be leashed on the street or in a park. Take him to the dog-run (at the City's expense) if you want to unleash him. In addition, a friend of mine told me she witnessed a little dog knock over a little kid in Hamilton Park and steal his shoe a few weeks ago. Little dogs, big dogs, it's irrelevant. They need to be leashed. And, while we're at it, can we learn what the term "Curb Your Dog" means. It means, walk your dog at the curb - NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SIDEWALK - so that he does his business there (don't forget to clean it up). Also, your dog should be walked at the curb so that he doesn't sniff after, go after, or even approach people on the street. I may love dogs, you may love dogs, but some of your neighbors may be afraid of them or simply may just dislike them. And, maybe, they don't appreciate your little Snoopums jumping on his/her leg. If you want your dog to run around free, move back to the suburbs and put a fence up around your yard!

Posted on: 2007/6/5 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
In response, I don?t know if this woman does have an accent as she didn?t respond but with attitude, via her body language (raised head, rolled eyes, looked away and changed her walking posture) walked off. All I can add is that she appears to be in her mid 20?s.

yep
she ignores your request to leash her dog...
So I too have never heard her speak
Now whenever I see the duo I cross the street

Posted on: 2007/6/5 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sevenyc wrote:
I am really annoyed at dog owners walking their dogs without leashes, and I want to know if there is any requirement in JC for dogs to be leashed.

There are a couple of different owners around the Dixon Mills area who cavalierly allow their dogs to walk off the leash, and sometimes the allow their dogs to walk several yards away from them. Nevermind those of us who leash and curb our dogs out of respect for our neighbors, and who understand that being a dog owner comes with specific responsibilities.

One of these "leash-less" dogs, a grey Schnauzer/Terrier mix (I think), rushes at my dog every time it sees her. The owner doesn't seem to think this behavior is a big deal. She always asks if my dog is friendly, which is beside the point, because I can't tell if her dog is or is not friendly. Not once have I seen this dog on a leash. The time her dog rushed at mine, the owner was standing about 50 yards away! It freaked my dog out, and she didn't come over right away to see what was going on. My dog was attacked by another dog once before, and I'm sick of telling this owner to leash her *&^%#@! dog. She gets incredulous with me when I tell her she should leash her dog, and treats me like I'm a jerk for telling her to do so.

So back to my question... Is there an ordinance in JC that I can quote to these negligent dog owners that might get them to leash their pooches? Or is there another way for me to go at this to get the point across without being viewed as the jerk on the block?

I would never assume that a dog is "friendly" you must think like an insurance company and worry about the what if's. You can cross your I's and dot your T's but all it take is one little tiny incident to put you in the barrel with the rest of the boobs out there. Try telling the state you are a safe driver so you don't need insurance, ha ha. So all dogs are safe when leashed. You could protect yourself like some all ready do and carry a source to repel on coming dogs. Below you will find the J.C. dog ordinances. I would think only a cop can enforce the dog owners responsibilities because cops have guns and some dog owners can get belligerent.

DOG

90-13 is not licensed
90-16 is off leash in a public place
90-17 is vicious or dangerous and not muzzled, and/or under the control of a person under 18 years of age
90-20 owners fail to remove feces

Posted on: 2007/6/5 14:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
In response, I don?t know if this woman does have an accent as she didn?t respond but with attitude, via her body language (raised head, rolled eyes, looked away and changed her walking posture) walked off. All I can add is that she appears to be in her mid 20?s.

I do have to give her some credit, as she does exercise and walk her dog daily often 2-3 times a day. If she is making her way to Hamilton and Van Vorst parks then her dog is getting an excellent work-out. My experience with her has been along the waterfront near the corner of Dudley and Warren Streets.

Another observation I have noted that is equally important is that regardless of a dog being on lead, there is a section of our community that are quite intimidated by dogs. An ?expat? resident from India explained to me how they are generally apprehensive of dogs and that many in the Asians community are also ? it is manly the parents of these young executives that are most fearful. With this incite, I now make it a practice to ?heel? my dog as close as possible passing all approaching pedestrians.

Posted on: 2007/6/5 13:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
as an avid runner and someone who has spent many a days running through downtown JC, I can attest to owners who either have a leash that is too long, or just no control over their dog(s) in the first place.

i still cannot understand people that own dogs that exceed 100 lbs. in a city like JC, but I digress.

a few months ago, I nearly lost the right side of my face to some giant cross bred, knarley, mangy dog. i ran along side a dog, the dog was between it's owner and I, on a leash, and I passed it with maybe 6-7 feet of room, this was around 7th street on Jersey Ave. As I passed, the dog turned, looked at me for half a second, growled and lunged at my head, with it's mouth wide open. the owner grabbed the leash just in time to pull the dog's head back while I simultaneously ducked and put my arm up to avoid getting mauled.

i continued running away because the last thing i wanted was to stick around in case the dog broke away from the man, but i managed to curse the guy out while i backpedalled away.

potentially dangerous situations have happened to me routinely in JC with dogs. if i would never keep a keen eye out for these things, i most certainly would have been bitten by atleast one dog by now.

I feel for those of you that have children out there running and playing around.

Posted on: 2007/6/5 9:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
I'm also in the Paulus Hook area and have came across a similar person. Was she a blonde and approx. 5'7?

If so, she has total disregard for other dogs or owners and without hesitation allows her dog (pit-bull or not) to roam free and off lead. On numerous occasions I have had to drag / choke my dog away as she strolls around with her dog off lead and shield my son if we see them approach.

I have asked her politely to lead her dog, but it fell on deaf ears and she ignored my request.

If I experience her dog approach my son, dog or myself in a aggressive manner and not on lead, I will use such force to deter such an assault that could cause injury to the dog that could be permanent in a self defence scenario.

If someone knows who to call after hours to enforce these (off lead) regulations please speak up and post it here. I don't want to see anyone injured, including her dog, but enforcement is the key and people need to be prepared to report and lodge a complaint with the appropriate authority for them to act on.

I have taken a few discrete photos of her and her off lead dog, as my wife is not comfortable with that breed and believe that the behaviour of this person will result in an attack by her dog. This area I live in, has a high population of dogs and very small children and the mix could be tragic.

Posted on: 2007/6/4 23:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/3 22:15
From JC - P-Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I have a small Jack Russel mix and I was walking her one night when a female with a pit bull rounded the corner. My dog HATES pitbulls for some reason or another so she barked at him and he came charging at us. Luckly I was just crossing the street so I scooped her up as the pit came and jumped up at me. The pits owner just whistled for him without even tunring her head. The dog completely disregarded her. At this point I held my dog over my head as the pit jump up at me for the 3rd time.....so I kicked it right in the throa, which got the owners attention who cam running over screaming at me. She had to grab the dogs collar and drag him with all her might to get him away from me. She said she was going to call the cops and I picked up my phone and dialed for her...trying to call her bluff, without luck. In the end the cops came & heard both of our stories. I explained that the dog dis not have a leash on (the owner did not even have one with her) & he would not stop jumping on me to get my dog so I kicked him as hard as I could. The girl said she was walking her dog as my dog attacked hers and I stopped it by kicking her dog. I further explained that i did not want to be there I do not want to take it any further but I do think she should put a leash on her animal especially since it was a pit. She made them file a report so that she could take me to court, which they were not happy about.

Nothing ever came of it, but I am soo surprised that they did not ticket her & allowed it to go that far and waste so much of there time as they did.

It may have been because the girl was a model and two meat heads cops rolled up to the scene.

Either way it was no fun and I in no way look to hurt animals, but I was actually extremely scared and have seen a pitpull attack before.

Posted on: 2007/6/4 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
on the flipside: when I'm sitting on my stoop with my mellow, geriatric shih tzu by my side, I'd love it if passers-by wouldn't react as though I'd just unleashed a rottweiler.

I've had people walk by, barely able to control their lunging hyper slobbering boutique breed, take a look at my ancient pound puppy basking quietly in the sun (completely oblivious to them or their crazy-ass puggle) and say something about her lack of leash. I just laugh and tell them, have a nice walk. or drag. or whatever it is that's going on there.

But of course, everybody does think his/her dog is the greatest, mellowest, etc, and I guess I'm no exception.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 15:23
Group:
Banned
Its a bit of a catch-22 at the moment for the City. From what i've observed the city doesnt fully enforce its leash statutes. Meaning if they write a ticket, its likely to be challenged and is probably more trouble than its worth collecting. The flip side is that it opens the City to a world of pain if someone gets seriously mauled by an unleased dog, and the statutes are not being demonstrably enforced. Unfortunately i dont foresee things changing until someone gets hurt and the city ends up paying.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 7:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/29 19:49
Group:
Registered Users
Of course there is an ordinance and there are people who will enforce it. The NID officer for your region can handle specific complaints about a dog human who does not pick up. They may or may not be able to deal with the leash thing. Animal Control will deal with the leash thing. In both cases give them as much information as possible including description of dog and owner and their home and times they usually walk and route. They can certainly get tickets from either of these agencies. I would say you should stress previous encounters and the danger they created.

I have dogs - never off leash on the street/sidewalk and we always pick up and I can't stand having to deal with a dog approaching us off leash or dog doodoo everywhere. Good luck.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 3:29

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017