Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 233 8th street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dsw wrote:
Can anyone comment on 233 8th street, and the landord there--Vladimir? Has anyone lived there? I am considering renting an apartment on the 4th floor. I currently live on 8th street at Coles. There have been some not so nice posts about the building and Vlad surrounding the fire, and I just want to hear what other info I might be missing.

THanks for your help!

Here's a link to the thread about the fire. I would love to know if that place was inspected after he did the "repairs".

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=239941#forumpost239941

Posted on: 2010/8/9 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
That downstairs apartment was ready to be rented again way too fast after the fire. I knew someone who lived there a few years ago. The resident's doorbells were disconnected so that all visitors were forced to phone up before arriving. They said he was afraid of "spot inspections" by the city or state. They do all the work themselves and thus is the problem. Their carelessness caused the recent fire via an overheated extension cord draped across a bed. The apartments are huge but the risk is too great.

^^^
Based on his enemies I'm willing to bet that Vlad is an awesome dude. What's he look like? I wanna be his buddy and talk Russian lit, have vodka drinking contests, and eat borscht and cream.

...and those cold, lonely nights in the Gulag..

Posted on: 2010/8/9 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
That downstairs apartment was ready to be rented again way too fast after the fire. I knew someone who lived there a few years ago. The resident's doorbells were disconnected so that all visitors were forced to phone up before arriving. They said he was afraid of "spot inspections" by the city or state. They do all the work themselves and thus is the problem. Their carelessness caused the recent fire via an overheated extension cord draped across a bed. The apartments are huge but the risk is too great.

^^^
Based on his enemies I'm willing to bet that Vlad is an awesome dude. What's he look like? I wanna be his buddy and talk Russian lit, have vodka drinking contests, and eat borscht and cream.

Posted on: 2010/8/9 19:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/9 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know all the details of the lawsuits but the former neighbor was an oddball as well. My main point is know what you are getting into. From all accounts Vladimir is not easy to get along with but if you know this going into it you may do fine. My friends who rented from him did fine but they were okay with the no doorbell situation etc. Basic manages to thrive despite whatever problems they may have with him as their landlord. He is gruff and sketchy and I have heard plenty of yelling in Russian over there but if the price is right for a big apartment in a nice neighborhood is it worth it? Up to the renter....

Posted on: 2010/8/9 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hampark wrote:
I have lived on the same block as Vladimir for over 10 years and had friends who rented from him so I have been inside 233 8th street. The apartments are huge and in decent shape and my friends had no problem with Vladimir. However he does disconnect the doorbell regularly for mysterious reasons and he is a constant presence on the block. What you see is what you get over there. Many people have had problems with him. My former neighbor had ongoing disputes with him and they sued each other regularly. I myself have no issue with him but if you want to rent from him know what you are getting into and adjust your expectations. I hope it's a good deal.

How does it come to neighbors suing each other ? There must be a point of a crossroads where the buck stops and states "uh oh". What did Vlad sue for, was it frivolous ?As far as being a huge presence there are a lot of self proclaimed mayors of the block" out there. His domain and workers are his prize posessions to do what he pleases. When renting it may be wise to inquire about the doorbell and use it in a rent dispute for the lease in question.

Posted on: 2010/8/9 16:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/9 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I have lived on the same block as Vladimir for over 10 years and had friends who rented from him so I have been inside 233 8th street. The apartments are huge and in decent shape and my friends had no problem with Vladimir. However he does disconnect the doorbell regularly for mysterious reasons and he is a constant presence on the block. What you see is what you get over there. Many people have had problems with him. My former neighbor had ongoing disputes with him and they sued each other regularly. I myself have no issue with him but if you want to rent from him know what you are getting into and adjust your expectations. I hope it's a good deal.

Posted on: 2010/8/9 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I wouldn't rent there. Vladmir is notoriously difficult to communicate with. I've lived on 8th Street for 20 years. I've never heard a nice word about him.

The rent might be good but the landlord is NOT worth it.

Posted on: 2010/8/7 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Is that the long 5 story beige building with runway terraces reminiscent of an old '60's style Atlantic City motel?

If so, it looks seedy. And Vlad the Impaler doesn't sound like a plus factor.

What are they getting for the apartments? Anything is tolerable for the right price.

Remember too that Jersey City has rent control for buildings like this.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Is there a rule about doorbells ? If a tenent aggrees to this living situation then I guess it can be justified. This owner feels he is exempt from authority where he thinks he is the one and only authority. Perhaps someone can act as a decoy tenant, live there for a period of time and log the infractions and report them...it's been done before.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 12:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/8/6 1:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/22 17:18
Group:
Registered Users
Vladimir? That's a deal breaker for me. LOL

Posted on: 2010/8/5 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
I've heard other bad things about him on this list. CBA to find the threads, but they're there somewhere. I'd probably pass.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Then I would put 2 & 2 together and look elsewhere. He unties dogs that are attached to his property when customers enter his rented out store space for moments to grab a cup of coffee from his tenent. When the customer comes back out the dog may be missing. Bad landlord bad landlord.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 17:00

233 8th street

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/27 11:34
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone comment on 233 8th street, and the landord there--Vladimir? Has anyone lived there? I am considering renting an apartment on the 4th floor. I currently live on 8th street at Coles. There have been some not so nice posts about the building and Vlad surrounding the fire, and I just want to hear what other info I might be missing.

THanks for your help!

Posted on: 2010/8/5 15:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017