Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Any serious soccer players out there?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/6 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
Just wanted to see if any serious players are interested in playing in the North Jersey Soccer League? I live in JC and my team was originally based in Hoboken but now everyone is scattered around northern NJ. We play most of our games in the Parsippany area. If transportation is an issue we have plenty of guys in the area who can drive you to games. We have some guys who come in from NY that we pick up at the Path for every game.

Cost to play is minimal since we are sponsored by Jack Demsey's Bar and Restaurant which is located very close to the Empire State Building and is Manhattan's #1 Celtic Supporter Bar.

Our team is pretty competitive as well as the league we play in. We just wrapped up the season and won the league cup. The year prior we lost in double-ot in the the league cup finals. We're not crazy though, we don't hold mandatory practices... we usually participate in the State Cup tourney, we try to get two sessions of indoor in during the winter. The NJSL is a two part season, fall and spring. When it comes down to it, we are a good group of guys who can still ball and we play for one another every game. We don't bring guys aboard who are all about themselves, if you're a good teammate, a good player, you would fit right in. If you do happen to be an idiot on the pitch, you better be scoring a lot of goals for us! haha

Regardless of the accolades, we try to play the game the right way, we have a good group of guys who have played their entire lives, the majority played college soccer, D1, D2 and D3, some played brief stints with lower level professional teams. Most of the guys are between the ages of 23 - 29 but we have 2 veterans in their early thirties who are still pretty active and fit.

If you think that you fit bill, feel free to respond... we'd love to welcome someone new to the squad. We recently lost 3 guys that were good players for us. One defender, one middy and a forward so we have some spots that will be up for grabs.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you are interested.

nrandazzo17@gmail.com

Posted on: 2010/8/3 14:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017