Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Volunteers needed for Jersey City Recall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
So what does this notice mean precisely? Is this just part of the process or have all the petition signatures been received?

Thanks for the explanation.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
recall_notice

Posted on: 2010/7/29 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Can the OP please get us back on track here?

Posted on: 2010/7/14 12:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/27 3:00
Group:
Registered Users
I guess Willie fell asleep and missed the photo shoot...

Posted on: 2010/7/12 23:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Count me in as a Ward C signer. I am now forced to ask my bank to adjust my payments so I can keep my head above water.

I bought all my properties before the housing bubble.
I am not heavily leveraged.
The mortgage payments are reasonable

I have had to cut rents to keep my tenants. A couple are paying me sporadically because of under-employment issues. What is killing me are the property taxes and fees (sewer increase of 45% is insane). I am now cash flow negative. I can't wait until 2013 to get new leadership in.

Unless someone is voted in that will support radical action (for example, privatizing the fire department to get out from under the crushing union pensions and salaries) Jersey City will be bankrupt. At some point, taxes will stop being paid and the liens will no longer be bought at auction. Its happened before.

Posted on: 2010/7/9 11:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
------------------------------------------
THREE COMMENTS in nj.com ...
-------------------------------------------

joisyjoe June 09, 2010 at 11:02PM
Follow
And how much will this Special Election-Recall cost us of Jersey City Tax Dollars?? In the middle of this horrible recession, wasting/spending our tax dollars on this Special Election-Recall should not be a priority
......................................................................................
DIVINE June 10, 2010 at 1:32AM
Follow
HOW MUCH [JOISYJOE] MUCH LESS THAN THE ONE HUNDRED AND 68 DEVELOPMENTS AND COUNTING. 20TY AND 30TY YEAR TAX ABATED BUILDINGS.AND THE DUAL AND AND TRIPLE JOBS AND NEPOTISM THATS GOING ON IN SPITE OF 45 ARRESTS.EXAMPLE WILLIAM[DEAD MAN WALKING]GAUGHAN CITY COUNCIL PAYROLL, CHIEF OF STAFF TO TOM DEGISE[HUDSON COUNTY]AND 2 DAUGHTER ON THE PAYROLL FOR 100.000 DOLLORS EACH.THIS MAN OWNES HOUGHTON FUNERAL.HE AND HIS DAUGHTERS ARE IN NEED.MARIANO[BED AND BREAKFAST]INDITED BUT STILL GOES ABOUT HIS HALF NO SHOW JOBS THAT GO AS FAR BACK AS 25 YRS AGO.DIRECTOR OF WELFARE WHEN THE CHECK SCANDAL WAS GOING ON.TAKEING THE COUNTY JEEP ON PRIVATE MATTERS IN PENNSYVANIA. ALL THE COUNCIL PEOPLE HAVE DUAL GOOD PAYING JOBS,WITH RELITIVES DOING THE SAME.THE REASON FOR HEALYS SONS TO BE BY LEONA[BURLESQUE QUEEN]BELDINI WAS TO SHOW [SEE WE CARE].THE REAL REASON THE HEALY BOYS WHERE BY HER WAS TO SORT OF EMBARRASS HER INTO STAYING QUIET. WHERE AS MR.SHAW WAS ABOUT TO[AS THEY SAY IN THE TRADE[GO BAD] [FLIP].BUT HEALYS LUCK HELD UP AND MR.SHAW DIED.AND HEALY CELEBRATED.LETS NOT FORGET THE EXTREMELY HIGH PROPERTY HOME TAXES[3XHIGHER THAN NEW YORK CITY] THATS PASSED DOWN TO TENNENTS.THE PEOPLE ARE RUN DOWN BY THIS NAKED DRUNK WHO SHOULD NEVER HAD BEEN ELECTED TO ANY GOVERMENT SEAT AND HIS RUBBER STAMP COUNCIL. WHERE JUST LITTLE NO BODIES TO THEM THAT THEY THINK THEY CAN URINATE ON THE PEOPLE OF JERSEY CITY AND HUDSON COUNTY. AS VEGA SAID TO ONE POOR MAN ABOUT TO LOSE HIS HOUSE-[WE ARE ALL HAVEING IT HARD BEFORE HIS ARREST] IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS.THE MAN HAD TEARS IN HIS EYES. AND PAY RAISES AND PROMOTIONS TO FIRE CAPTAINS ALL CHIEFS NO SOLDIERS AND POLICE,TEACHERS. WHO FOR THE MOST DONT EVEN LIVE IN HUDSON COUNTY,JERSEY CITY. THE WORST BUNCH OF DEGENERATES I'VE SEEN IN 50YRS IN JERSEY CITY. BUT KNOW, THERE IS A GOD...

polyhack June 10, 2010 at 5:55AM
Follow
ABOUT TIME NO LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2010/6/16 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

riazw wrote:
YEP.. POWER TO THE PEOPLE... LET US DECIDE OUR FUTURE!!!

Since the recall effort seems to be financially motivated in the best interest of the city and its taxpayers, have you considered:

(1) An estimate of current wasteful spending permitted by the incumbents you wish to recall
(2) The additional expense of a reelection
(3) The estimated reduction of wasteful spending elicited by a group of newly elected members
(4) The resulting "payback"

I realize that with the exception of #2, these are very difficult figures to quantify, but wouldn't it be irresponsible, if not a bit na?ve, to disregard the very issue you're rallying against?

Posted on: 2010/6/15 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Great Comments by one Angry Resident out on NJ.COM

AngryJC June 12, 2010 at 12:12PM
Follow

I'll be signing all of these petitions. These BUMS have been stealing from us with a smile and a sense of entitlement. They have sold our city for pennies. $5K is all it takes to get something in this city? Please...these guys are lucky the recall is being done legally. I personally think it should be done vigilante style...torches and pitch forks in front of all their homes.

Yes Fulop represents downtown, but he's been proposing legislation that would help the entire city and these bums in office just vote him down because it takes money and entitlement out of their pockets. Say what you want about Fulop and yes he stands to gain from this, but so does the ENTIRE city since he's the only member of the council trying to help this city. This city that has uneducated bums stealing our tax dollars and spending it on nonsensical perks for themselves and their friends.

Any of you clowns on this board that want to defend these bums please state what organization pays your bills. Until then I'll assume you are only supporting these bums because you gain financially from their corrupt policies and politics.

As for me...I work in NY and make my money in advertising, so my only motive is to see this city in which I have bought an expensive home in run correctly and grow the way it's supposed to. So yes I support Fulop and the logical initiatives he's put forth because they make sense financially and morally for this city. All you Fulop haters - come clean before you throw stones!

As for those doubting the folks pushing this forward...even if it fails applaud them. At least they are doing more than complaining and b*tching, they are actually putting action behind their words. Also...I happen to know some of the folks organizing these recalls DO NOT live in DOWNTOWN. So squash that argument also.

So...what's your reasoning for opposing this recall? Don't talk trash unless you're ready to state your motives. Bring it!

AngryJC
AngryJC June 13, 2010 at 3:22AM
Follow

I see no one has anything to say now...thought so. Seriously...if you want to debate the topic I'll give you my name and address and we can sit down and talk about it logically, but you know there's no logic or benefit behind the motives of those we are trying to bounce. Enough said...

Posted on: 2010/6/15 14:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Letter: Must replace incompetents

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... t_replace_incompeten.html

I attended the reading of the budget at City Hall, and all we heard from the council was the hard time they had coming up with a budget that was 10 months overdue. Their smug and condescending attitudes as they sat there telling us that we are in tough times was a little hard to take. When Mr. Vega, Brennan, and Gaughan are sitting there with two jobs and two pensions, their preaching seems to be a little hard to handle.

Now the rumors seem to be going around that Mr. Brennan wants Mayor Healy to step down early so he can assume the mayor's seat. That would perpetuate the farce we have had foisted on us for the last four years. If we don't get more than 20 percent of the people to vote this time we are doomed to the same incompetence we have endured for the last four years.
Remember, if you don't vote you can't complain and we will once again get the government we deserve. If we want to get our city back we have to voice our opinions and vote on them.

My sincere apology to Mr. Fulop and Mr. Donnelly for including them in my diatribe. The hope of our future is in the hands of young people such as this, and I wish them all the luck in the world because they will surely need it.
WALTER WASILEWSKI
JERSEY CITY

COMMENTS

Well written Mr. WALTER WASILEWSKI, and thank you.

- bullet

-----------------------

Our entire political system is full of incompetents.............from the white house down. Bayonne is no different.......our mayor hold 2 jobs too. ( clearly tells us we have to many people as there is not much to do in 1 job)
Obama leads the incompetent pack and is destroying America. States can't afford welfare or free medical with all the career lazy we have, and Obama passes FREE HC .
Maybe we need to all stop paying taxes for 1 year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, everybody!
And the funniest article I have seen is in SC where this unknown Vet wins the senate nomination and they are all over him. Now even questioning if he is sane! He is probably the ONLY honest person in the senate. And would most likely do whats right for the country, not just whats right for him!
I would prefer him over Menendez.
Hopefully Christie cuts out all the freebies and gets to the career welfare people rolls. Our taxes are to high for what we get in the city. Each one of us working people are paying to support the free life of others. At least we should get a photo of the families we support to put on our refrigerator.
We do need Hope and Change.....but it has to start with getting Obama and Dems out of office, and then starting to pick off the old republicans who voted against the will of the people.

-mcstorage

-------------------------

Seems to me that the powers that be want to preclude Mr Fulop from winning the mayor's seat in the event of a recall election for Healy. The recall petition for that bozo will get plenty of signatures.

- Flargh

--------------------------

Posted on: 2010/6/14 18:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
http://jerseycitydesk.blogspot.com/20 ... g-to-start-recall-of.html

THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 2010

It took THIS long to start a recall of Mayor Healy?
OK, so Johnny didn't start it either so he's as much to blame but hats off to Jersey City residents John Lynch, Riaz Wahid and Martha Larkins who sent a letter to the city clerk's office to announce their intentions.

Mayor Kwame Healy of course had no comment, or rather his spokesman had no comment, the mayor is busy and has no time for such questions about his competency.

Wahid told the Jersey Journal "I believe the people of Jersey City deserve leadership that is committed to aiding us in our day-to-day struggles, I have grown frustrated seeing my taxes go up with nothing to show for it." You tell 'em Riaz. We agree.
We'd owe these fine upstanding citizens our thanks for taking on Healy's job but there's more to this story. The group is ALSO going after Ward A Councilman Michael Sottolano, Ward C Councilwoman Nidia Lopez, Ward D Councilman Bill Gaughan, and Ward F Councilwoman Viola Richardson. GIDDYUP kids, you go!

Honest and hard working members of the Jersey City Council, Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop and Ward B Councilman David Donnelly are NOT on the list to be recalled as they provide valuable and HONEST representation.

When you notify Nidia Lopez about the recall effort put extra postage on the letter, it's going to Florida.

Johnny wants to know when and where petitions will be available to be signed off on, you can advertise here for free

Posted on: 2010/6/14 16:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
some one taught an interesting math in one of events today... have 370 volunteers to collect 100 signed petitions in 100 days... i.e. one petition a day per volunteer !!!

Posted on: 2010/6/12 3:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
The people are fed up with corruption and taxation with NOT MUCH representation!

Let's all keep, calm, cool, factual, sophisticated and organized.

Power to the PEOPLE!

Posted on: 2010/6/10 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City residents begin recall effort against Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy

Wednesday, June 09, 2010, 4:55 PM
Melissa Hayes/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City residents have filed a notice in an attempt to recall Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy.
A group of Jersey City residents have began an effort to recall Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy and his City Council slate.
A three-person recall committee ? comprised of residents John Lynch, Riaz Wahid and Martha Larkins ? sent a certified letter to the City Clerk?s office Friday.

Lynch said the letter was signed for. City Clerk Robert Byrne said today he has not personally seen it yet.
Byrne must review the recall committee?s notice of intent and approve it before the committee can begin collecting signatures. Those petitions would require signatures of 25 percent of the registered voters in the city.
The committee also submitted notice to recall at-large City Council members Peter Brennan, Mariano Vega and Willie Flood and intends to go after ward seats as well.

Posted on: 2010/6/10 2:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The mail box is full and they are coming out from woodwork...

some one said:

"I live in Nidia Lopez's district (in NJ, not FL) and would consider getting involved. "

get involved... let us change our fate !!!

Posted on: 2010/6/10 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/27 3:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:
Riazw,that all looks good on paper but you will only have 120 days in the dead of summer to get these signatures.

Pick off one,prove your point and move on.

Completely agreed with fedup. People were pretty fired up about the board of education and the budget in April. There was strong promotion to vote by both Councilman Fulop & his volunteers and by the unions and their volunteers (especially the teachers union) as well as lots of press covering the fact that there would be big turnout across the state because Christie told people to "vote down" the budget. The biggest winner only got 7,000 votes. Getting the number of signatures is not going to be as easy as you think.

You are going "all in" when you haven't yet built up any credibility. So if you fail, no one takes you seriously. Get your first small win, then people will take you seriously.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 20:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
if it is Sept 10th, then we dont even have 90 days !!!

Posted on: 2010/6/9 19:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It is 160 days, not 120.

True but if you don't turn them in by sept 10th you will not get on ballot for Nov. election for Max. voter turnout. Any later and you get a special election in dead of winter which Machine will win.

So in reality you have 120 days.I am not trying to rain on your parade,just trying to be realistic.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 20:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If it looks good on paper, we should implement; One is not good; its all eggs in one basket; in a run-off, he won...its too risky !!! there are restrictions to work at ward level; there are people selling condos moving to rentals; cant afford to live... frustration is spread across the city, not just in a ward; 500 volunteers will do the job !!! you're hired !!! 499 more to go ...

Posted on: 2010/6/5 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
It is 160 days, not 120.

Posted on: 2010/6/5 0:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Riazw,that all looks good on paper but you will only have 120 days in the dead of summer to get these signatures.

Pick off one,prove your point and move on.

Posted on: 2010/6/5 0:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Let us look at the numbers:

Assume we need 40,000 petitions;

We already have 500 'interested' ones, EACH can get another 20 signatures city wide;

that 10000 can get another 4 each ... i.e. 40,000

Assuming that the error level is high 60%, still we have 16,000 petitions.

Then, we have:

Churches (30 churches 200 members: 6000)
Senior Citizens (30 homes 200 members: 6000)
Diverse Communities (15 communities, 200 members: 3000)
Other Groups like 1jc (5 groups 600 members: 3000)
Unions (5 unions 200 members: 1000)
Business Associations (10 assn, members 100: 1000)

Assume error level is 50% we still have 10000;

Is it not doable ?!!!

Please feel free to suggest.

fedup07302 wrote:
In order to recall the mayor and or an At Large council person
you will need over 20,000. signatures.
That my friend is a long hard climb.

You start something like this and than don't succeed it gives people the idea that everything is ok,plus you are diverting your volunteers all over the city.Now if you target a single Ward Candidate you will only need 6000.Much more doable and you send a strong message to Everyone that the people can take them out at will.

So out of the six wards who is the most vulnerable.
Love to see Gaughan gone but he can raise money from county vendors and give you a good fight.Ward B already has an election this Nov. for Kennys old seat.
That leaves Revera in ward C, Viola in ward F and Sottalano in
Ward A.

Of those three who votes 100% with Healy and did not win on the first Ballot in May.Mike sottolano in ward A.
Rolando Lavarro gave him a good fight last may and was backed by The JC one group.

If you put all your resorces down in ward A you could take him out this Nov.He is the weakest link.[/quote]

Posted on: 2010/6/4 17:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In order to recall the mayor and or an At Large council person
you will need over 20,000. signatures.
That my friend is a long hard climb.

You start something like this and than don't succeed it gives people the idea that everything is ok,plus you are diverting your volunteers all over the city.Now if you target a single Ward Candidate you will only need 6000.Much more doable and you send a strong message to Everyone that the people can take them out at will.

So out of the six wards who is the most vulnerable.
Love to see Gaughan gone but he can raise money from county vendors and give you a good fight.Ward B already has an election this Nov. for Kennys old seat.
That leaves Revera in ward C, Viola in ward F and Sottalano in
Ward A.

Of those three who votes 100% with Healy and did not win on the first Ballot in May.Mike sottolano in ward A.
Rolando Lavarro gave him a good fight last may and was backed by The JC one group.

If you put all your resorces down in ward A you could take him out this Nov.He is the weakest link.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 21:35

Re: Volunteers needed for JC Recall Effort
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

srg1 wrote:
If people think this is realistic, then I am all for it. I don't think it is realistic to gather the required number of signatures. We missed our opportunity at election time. I think people are better off going to every council meeting and speaking out than doing this recall. Articles about the council meetings state that there are only 20 residents at each meeting.

If the recall is simply being used as a vague threat to exert pressure on the council members, then that makes more sense to me.

While I agree we missed our opportunity at election time, we can do nothing and just let Healy and his Captive Council do their business as usual and keep screwing over the residents of Jersey City or we can attempt a recall.

With regards to your mention of people showing up at the council meetings at two of them when myself and other folks pushed for a rally regarding the tax increase we had upwards of 300 people show up, so I beleive we can get residents involved towards wanting to attempt this recall and once started we will gain plenty of momentum.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
If people think this is realistic, then I am all for it. I don't think it is realistic to gather the required number of signatures. We missed our opportunity at election time. I think people are better off going to every council meeting and speaking out than doing this recall. Articles about the council meetings state that there are only 20 residents at each meeting.

If the recall is simply being used as a vague threat to exert pressure on the council members, then that makes more sense to me.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is that more than the actual number of people that voted???

Posted on: 2010/6/3 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

srg1 wrote:
How many signatures are needed?

At least 25% of the registered voters.
The numbers are to be confirmed through the City Clerk upon receiving the Recall Petition.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 4:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How many signatures are needed?

Posted on: 2010/6/2 23:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jeeper275 wrote:
I would love to get rid of Nidia Lopez, but why are we recalling these people? What is the legal basis?

Here is why we want to recall them.

Our elected representatives act like they are above the law, and do not feel accountable to the us Citizen?s of Jersey City the voters and taxpayers.

Corruption, Mayor Healy?s people Mariano Vega Phil Kenny, Guy Catrillo, and his deputy mayor, Leona Beldini.

The Jersey City residents deserve leadership that is committed to aiding us in our day-to-day struggles, and not just in rewarding their cronies at our expense.

Our taxes go up with nothing to show for it.

If you would like to be part of a committee, or start 1 in your ward, please let us know by emailing deltafoxm249@YAHOO.COM

Three people are required to form a committee and submit the Notice of Intention.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 19:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/20 19:54
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I would love to get rid of Nidia Lopez, but why are we recalling these people? What is the legal basis?

Posted on: 2010/5/24 14:50

Volunteers needed for Jersey City Recall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Last week we held a meeting to discuss moving forward. Most felt that a city wide recall should be done in addition to circulating petitions for wards. Ward C residents, whose Councilwoman is Nidia Lopez, showed the most interest in forming a committee.

Three people are required to form a committee and submit the Notice of Intention. If you would like to be part of a committee, or start 1 in your ward, please let us know by emailing deltafoxm249@YAHOO.COM

We hope to get the paperwork out in the next week to begin the process and obtain approval to start gathering signatures. You must be a registered voter to collect signatures or to be on a committee.

The Recall Process
Below is a summary of the process to begin a recall petition in a simple format. This should answer any questions that may have come up.

I know this may sound all too confusing. No worries, we will guide everyone through the initial process and prepare the documents.

Once approval is granted, we will have 160 days to complete the task at hand. Any registered voter that resides within Jersey City can circulate the petition during that time.

5 Steps:
1. The recall committee serves the Notice of Intention on the election official (clerk). The election official has 3 days to approve or send back with a letter explaining why the Notice is not in compliance. The recall committee can then correct and refile.

2. If the election official approves the Notice of Intention, the election official sends it back to the recall committee with the stamp. The election official must also notify the elected official in writing. The elected official has 5 days to either file an answer or an acknowledgment with the election official. If the elected official files an answer, the recall committee is required to affix that to the recall petition.

3. The elected official has 2 days to forward the election official's answer or acknowledgment to the recall committee, or, if the elected official fails to do anything, serve the recall committee with a written statement that the elected official failed to respond.

4. The recall committee can begin collecting signatures on the petition.

5. Within 10 days of formation, the recall committee must file a Form RC-1 (designation of campaign depository and treasurer) and Form RC-2 (registration statement) with ELEC.

Posted on: 2010/5/24 14:00

Edited by Webmaster on 2010/5/24 16:51:10

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017