Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
I like to look out my window at a community garden down below.
Occasional scenario: dog takes a crap, owner looks left and right and if seeing nobody walks away ignoring the steaming pile.
Once I opened my window and yelled "You forgot to look UP, asshole."
He quickly walked away embarassed, but the shitpile remained.

Dog sales should be banned in the City.

And yes, tern and I seem to be the only two people in the city who know what "curb your dog" means. It does not mean shit and piss on sidewalks. And I have NEVER seen a properly curbed dog (and that's out of the 10,000 of them at Newport.)

Posted on: 2010/10/9 12:35

Re: Curb your dog.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to thank the dog owner who let their dog crap right next to the second stage at last weekends 4th Street Fair.

You let your dog crap 2 feet from the speakers, right next to a stage, and in front of the sound guys table.

you, sir or madame, needs a good swift kick in the gut!

Posted on: 2010/10/9 4:00

Re: Curb your dog.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
C.U.R.B your dog.

Means.

Clean Up Rectal Bowl-movements

C U R B.

There you go.

FG

Posted on: 2010/10/9 2:04

Curb your dog.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
What does "curb your dog" actually mean?

Does it mean dog owners are supposed to make their dogs go to the toilet on the curb? Does that mean it is illegal for them to do a crap in the middle of the sidewalk, even if they pick it up afterwards?

Robin.

Posted on: 2010/10/9 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Call NID or Animal Control when you know where the owner lives
201 547 4888

Posted on: 2010/10/8 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
I think I've seen the same guy on 5th & Jersey (short black hair?). As you said, he stops when his dog stops, looks is every other direction except for where his dog is, and then just walks away when his dog is done.

Posted on: 2010/10/8 14:11

Re: To the A-hole who didn't pick up his dog poop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Complaint Box | Nonscoopers
By JULIE DEMARCO wrote:
My favorite is the guy who every day walks his big dog and stops, looking off into the blue horizon, as though he has no idea what his dog is doing. Then, when the dog starts walking again, the guy acts surprised (every day), as if jarred from deep thought, and continues his walk.

Hey, there is one of these guys on 5th Street. But instead of looking off into the blue horizon, he studies his Blackberry. "oh, my dog just pooped? I didn't notice."

Posted on: 2010/10/8 13:40

To the A-hole who didn't pick up his dog poop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
in front of 287 8th Street:

#OOPS# YOU!!

I walked two feet from my front steps to drop off my garbage and I stepped in your dog's dookie.

I didn't realize I stepped in your dog's crap until I walked in my apt. #OOPS# YOU!!

I have pets of my own. Since you're such an irresponsible dog owner I'm sure you don't take your dog to the vet. Thanks a lot for exposing them to whatever your mangy dog has.

You're an asshole.

EDIT: I didn't add the #OOPS# YOU

Posted on: 2010/10/8 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Julie DeMarco of Fairfield, Conn., and her husband and five children are a bunch of wusses for letting this go on.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Loved this from the "Complaint" column in the Times last week. Thought it would resonate with this audience - I love the way she categorizes the various offenders.

September 17, 2010, 9:30 am
Complaint Box | Nonscoopers
By JULIE DEMARCO

I don?t have or want a dog. I told my children when the youngest was born that when he was 5, we?d get a used dog. He?s 12, and the children seem to think I owe them two used dogs or one new dog.

I tell them to look out on the grass that borders our sidewalk ? it?s as if we already have several pets.

Our house is on a corner, with 185 feet of sidewalk, which we keep clear of leaves, snow and other debris, as required by the town. Many of my neighbors seem to appreciate our efforts. I often see them stop in front of our house, allowing their dogs to roam freely in search of a good spot to do their business.

Sometimes I offer a bag. (O.K., I lean out the window in my pajamas and scream, ?Do you need a bag??) No one ever says yes.

There are some regulars who think they are not seen.

My favorite is the guy who every day walks his big dog and stops, looking off into the blue horizon, as though he has no idea what his dog is doing. Then, when the dog starts walking again, the guy acts surprised (every day), as if jarred from deep thought, and continues his walk.

Another is the woman with the baby who chatters to the child through the ?deposit,? while being superattentive and giving the little one an often-unwanted book, bottle or toy. The attention to baby lasts just long enough for the dog to finish. Then they go on their way without a glance in the direction of what is left behind on the grass.

There is the nice young dad who walks his dog every morning and regularly checks his pocket for a forgotten bag and looks as though he feels really, really awful, yet never comes back to clean up the mess.

There?s the intense reader who can?t bear to look up from the book to notice what her dog is doing.

Finally, there?s the neighbor who really doesn?t care. She walks her dog with confidence and disdain, lets him go wherever and almost dares you to call her on it. She scares me.

I must mention those who do pick up the doo ? the young, coffee-toting dad who always cleans up; the dad who drops his daughter off at the bus stop and continues his walk; the new young mother who stops even in the rain with her scooper.

But the nonscoopers are in the majority. While my husband would love to collect the stuff and deposit it at the owners? homes, we have yet to be that rude. As for me, with each load I have to scoop up, the likelihood that my children will ever get a pet decreases. By now, I don?t even like fish.

Julie DeMarco lives in Fairfield, Conn., with her husband and five children (and no pets).

Posted on: 2010/9/30 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Whats the number to animal control?
They need to be called on the dog owners espically since some of their owners dont even have paperwork for their animals & now they refuse to pickup after their animals.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
you'd be surprised where some of the "pit bull punks" actually live..

Posted on: 2010/9/30 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Josiered wrote:
I just love these people that wait until it's dark to take the dog out for a walk. They walk up and down the street by the embankment all the time and as soon as the dog poops they hurry away. Well it's dark and no one sees you? So why pick it up? Some of these dogs weigh more than I do and in the morning I see what is left behind. Some people think it is gross to pick it up - it's worse if you leave it there!

And how is it that those people NEVER seem to step in a load?

Posted on: 2010/9/30 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
I just love these people that wait until it's dark to take the dog out for a walk. They walk up and down the street by the embankment all the time and as soon as the dog poops they hurry away. Well it's dark and no one sees you? So why pick it up? Some of these dogs weigh more than I do and in the morning I see what is left behind. Some people think it is gross to pick it up - it's worse if you leave it there!

Posted on: 2010/9/30 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pranilrao wrote:
I just had two "dog poop" (stepping on it) incidents in the last 12 hrs! gross!
one was on warren st yesterday night opposite the 350 warren st closed mill, the poop was there on the curb and I almost slipped.. yuck..
today morning.. i almost stepped on another one again.. this time on curb near christopher columbus.. near the entrance of the chase bank
why do people keep dogs when they cannot cleanup?

Unlikely to be any "pit-bull punks" at either of those locations.

The 'entitled people' strike again.

I also love when people walk their dog and:

1. Think because it's a small dog, the crap is less offensive.

2. Walk the dog and then stand there feigning stupefied embarrassment when the dog craps and they don't have a bag on them to pick it up. It's as if the dog crapping while on a walk was a totally unexpected event for which they pretend to be totally unprepared for.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 13:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/10 21:23
Group:
Registered Users
I just had two "dog poop" (stepping on it) incidents in the last 12 hrs! gross!
one was on warren st yesterday night opposite the 350 warren st closed mill, the poop was there on the curb and I almost slipped.. yuck..
today morning.. i almost stepped on another one again.. this time on curb near christopher columbus.. near the entrance of the chase bank
why do people keep dogs when they cannot cleanup?

Posted on: 2010/9/30 13:19

Re: Dog Poop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
Quote:

Josiered wrote:

If you have a damn dog then carry a plastic bag and put it in your garbage can. You people are lazy frigin slobs and should not own pets. Do you yuppies think you're above it all and it is beneath you to clean up crap? Then get rid of the damn dog that you use for show and go eat some damn tofu trendy crap at a restaurant. But keep our streets clean cause you guys will be the first to complain when your "nanny" says your kid slipped on it on the sidewalk and now you have to wipe her shoes off.....

Oh dear - get a life and clean up after the damn dog !!!!!!
Or better yet - get rid of the damn dog !!!!!

You know who you are and I know who you are !!!!

Yuppies? Really? It's the hood rats and thugs I see walking pitbulls that don't pick up after their dogs.

I'd have to agree. The few times I've seen people not picking up after their dogs it's either an old person or some punk who thinks a pit makes him look tough.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
Quote:

Josiered wrote:

If you have a damn dog then carry a plastic bag and put it in your garbage can. You people are lazy frigin slobs and should not own pets. Do you yuppies think you're above it all and it is beneath you to clean up crap? Then get rid of the damn dog that you use for show and go eat some damn tofu trendy crap at a restaurant. But keep our streets clean cause you guys will be the first to complain when your "nanny" says your kid slipped on it on the sidewalk and now you have to wipe her shoes off.....

Yuppies? Really? It's the hood rats and thugs I see walking pitbulls that don't pick up after their dogs.

It's a giggle when the term Yuppie is used on this site. Such a generalization from just seeing someone walking the street. It feels like high school all over again. Where are the headbangers? The goths? The Jets and the Sharks?

Posted on: 2010/9/30 9:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Josiered wrote:

Posted on: 2010/9/30 4:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Request under the Freedom of Information to cityhall on how many citations are issued to dog owners for failing to pick-up after their dog.............I bet the answer will be a big fat zero.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 2:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/23 9:07
Group:
Banned
The problem is, you will never stop this in cities. It is gross and I pick up after my dog no matter where it may evacuate its bowels. Unfortunately, it only gets worse with more dog runs as more people get dogs and be irresponsible. Though I've seen people yelling at female dogs urinating thinking they are defecating and then it turns into an ugly situation.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
I think we're all tired of it. It is everywhere and the people that walk their dogs around the embankment on 6th Street don't feel the need to pick up. I see piles of dog crap wedged in the tall grass and it is disgusting. I see it plain as day on the sidewalks - WTF? Are you above the rest of us and don't feel like you have to pick it up? It is more than disgusting, it carries disease and people step in it and shlep it through their homes.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 2:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 0:21
Group:
Registered Users
I hear you. I really want to catch someone not picking it up and ask them if they need a bag - I carry extras bags with me. I freak out when my dog sniffs someone's else dog poop.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 2:31

Dog Poop

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/30 1:45
Group:
Registered Users
I am so sick and tired of stepping in your dogs poop! Or the remnants of your dogs poop. CURB your dog means in the street, not the sidewalk. Pick it up and bring it home!!!! I just threw away a good pair of my childs shoes because of your crap! Next time I'm going to leave mine on your stoop!

Posted on: 2010/9/30 1:56

Attn: Owner of the Sick Grizzly Bear
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Please do not let your bear unleash his/her pile of sickness on the corner of Pavonia and W. Hamilton. This is the second time your bear has done this. Last time it took three months and several rain storms to clean the mess. If you are the grizzly bear, please stop eating greasy foods, they do not agree with you.

Thanks

Posted on: 2010/6/23 19:15

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/17 16:28
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Amy wrote:
I always pick up my dog's poop and never throw it in other people's trash cans, BUT I wish the city was more diligent about emptying the public trash bins we do have. This morning I was about to throw out a poop bag but noticed that the bin was literally stuffed to the rim and flies were buzzing all around it. Yes, an over abundance of poop--on the sidewalks or left to sit in the bins-- leads to a hefty fly population. Luckily there was another, slightly less full bin across the street.

Speaking of trash cans... I am a dog owner and I am diligent about picking up after my dog. I also walk a block or so to a public trash can to throw away the poop bags.

However, I noticed that after the trash cans are emptied someone [not sure if its the trash men or what] turn the trash cans upside down in the metal bins. why is that? Then people just continue to throw bags in the bottom which layer up and never get cleaned out even after someone comes and turns the trash can right side up.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

FDS_JC wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

disportus wrote:
gross. I cannot stand that people use other people's trash cans, take your crap home with you!

if the poop is properly bagged, how is this a problem? (don't let the avatar mislead you, I am currently dogless, and not leaving bags of poop anywhere.)

Because its not bagged in steel. Plastic bags are easily ripped open by other items in the trash, or if not tied securely they can just dump their contents. Not to mention the fact that its disrespectful to throw anything out in someone else's yard.

I agree 100%. If it's just dog poop in a tied up bag then carry it a few blocks to a proper public can. How lazy can people be?

I have a lidded trash can out front, and the bags of poop that end up inside it don't bother me nearly as much as the wrappers and cups scattered 2 feet around it. now THAT'S lazy.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I always pick up my dog's poop and never throw it in other people's trash cans, BUT I wish the city was more diligent about emptying the public trash bins we do have. This morning I was about to throw out a poop bag but noticed that the bin was literally stuffed to the rim and flies were buzzing all around it. Yes, an over abundance of poop--on the sidewalks or left to sit in the bins-- leads to a hefty fly population. Luckily there was another, slightly less full bin across the street.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

FDS_JC wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

disportus wrote:
gross. I cannot stand that people use other people's trash cans, take your crap home with you!

if the poop is properly bagged, how is this a problem? (don't let the avatar mislead you, I am currently dogless, and not leaving bags of poop anywhere.)

Because its not bagged in steel. Plastic bags are easily ripped open by other items in the trash, or if not tied securely they can just dump their contents. Not to mention the fact that its disrespectful to throw anything out in someone else's yard.

I agree 100%. If it's just dog poop in a tied up bag then carry it a few blocks to a proper public can. How lazy can people be?

Posted on: 2010/5/26 14:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/18 14:37
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

disportus wrote:

Posted on: 2010/5/26 14:22

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017