Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Rock Circle in Paulus Hook Waterfront

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/27 2:05
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Just want to Let everyone know who has an interest in this area. Today I saw that they were cleaning the old rocks out of the circle. I aked one of the men who was performing the work and he told me that they would be replacing the stone with smaller red stone like whats around the portside building. Hope this helps with all the confusion.
Rich....

Posted on: 2010/6/8 15:55

Re: Rock Circle in Paulus Hook Waterfront
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/2 3:18
Group:
Registered Users
Why did everybody have such a hard time understanding what Snowflake was saying? I read through this and felt like banging my head against a wall and not from Snowflake's posts. Is reading comprehension a lost art in the digital age?

The rock circle is a blight on the walkway, although that is relatively minor to the Colgate Clock area and the dog sh*t peninsula. I sat watching the "professional" volleyball players constantly pointing out to each pile of sh*t so they could attempt to avoid it. It didn't work.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, you SHOULD complain about the doorman situation. That's the only why they are going to actually do something about it. Do you think I haven't complained about it? And why don't you throw in the pigeon situation in the garage as well. I've complained about it to past managers but there's only so much complaining I can do if no other resident gives a crap.

And, Hudson Point is OBLIGATED to care for the waterfront property that they own. They were the ones who re-paved the area last year. The circle is a mess because people seem to think it's OK to pick up rocks and throw them in the water. After years and years of this, there are barely any rocks left and tarp is showing. So yeah, it needs to be redone. I know that residents of Pier House has lodged complaints to Hudson Point, that is one of the reasons why they are doing the renovation on the rocks. As I pointed out to them, putting more rocks is only a band aid. It will just be another 3 years before they have to do it all over again. And they are not servicing the community as they are obligated to do, if they have not clearly marked it as a dog area as they keep telling me it is. And that means they need to put down something that dogs can run around on and fence it off so it's not a sanitary issue for the rest of the community.

The people who live in this building do not give two sh!ts about being respectful of the other people who live here, including the Waterfront community. How many times have i seen dog piss and sh!t on the property? The grass by the ramp is yellow because people think it's OK to let their dogs urinate and defecate on the property. It's rude, plain and simple.

So go ahead and complain to them. I invite you to do it.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:

Oh really? They're not going to put a fence up? Because that voicemail I got, thanking me for my email and telling me that they are going to put a fence up and a sign as well stating it's a dog area so that it's clear to the whole community was all in my head? Yep.

Yeah... it makes a lot of sense.

I mean, it's not like they just cut off the doorman service during night time hours for residents in their building. You know, the ones that actually pay them RENT?

So they are cutting down on services for residents, but they're going to fence in a dog run in a pseudo-public area. Yeah, that seems like a great way for this corporation to bring in incremental revenue.

In fact, thanks for posting that email address snowflake - if what you say is in fact true (which i highly doubt) I'm glad I now know who I should complain to.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SLyng wrote:
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
OMG you guys are all so freaking dense! Hudson Point owns that freaking circle and THEY are the ones telling ME that it's a dog area! What about that do you not understand???? The waterfront area that starts at Hudson Point and ends at that circle is all owned by Hudson Point. That also includes the deck area with the picnic table.

If they own the area and that circle and they TELL ME that it's supposed to be dog area, I'm sorry but I'm going to believe them over you. You don't have to believe me, but you'll f*cking see it once they redo the circle in the coming weeks. Then you can come back and tell me that I'm wrong.

I think what we're all wondering is...

What is your point? and who cares?

It's not a dog park, it's just a place people walk and watch boats come in and out. If Hudson Point owns it, good for them but putting up a circular fence for that small an area makes no sense for them (they're a corporation, they're expecting a return on their investment...why would they invest in an area for dogs to run around in since the dogs already run around there anyway...).

Cool? Great...now go away.

(oh...and to answer the two questions I posed above: a) you have none and b) no one but you)

I'm glad i just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this drivel and composing a response. Thanks a lot snowflake...the jokes on me.

Oh really? They're not going to put a fence up? Because that voicemail I got, thanking me for my email and telling me that they are going to put a fence up and a sign as well stating it's a dog area so that it's clear to the whole community was all in my head? Yep.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
OMG you guys are all so freaking dense! Hudson Point owns that freaking circle and THEY are the ones telling ME that it's a dog area! What about that do you not understand???? The waterfront area that starts at Hudson Point and ends at that circle is all owned by Hudson Point. That also includes the deck area with the picnic table.

If they own the area and that circle and they TELL ME that it's supposed to be dog area, I'm sorry but I'm going to believe them over you. You don't have to believe me, but you'll f*cking see it once they redo the circle in the coming weeks. Then you can come back and tell me that I'm wrong.

I think what we're all wondering is...

What is your point? and who cares?

It's not a dog park, it's just a place people walk and watch boats come in and out. If Hudson Point owns it, good for them but putting up a circular fence for that small an area makes no sense for them (they're a corporation, they're expecting a return on their investment...why would they invest in an area for dogs to run around in since the dogs already run around there anyway...).

Cool? Great...now go away.

(oh...and to answer the two questions I posed above: a) you have none and b) no one but you)

I'm glad i just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this drivel and composing a response. Thanks a lot snowflake...the jokes on me.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/5/1 2:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/13 2:29
Group:
Registered Users
I have to say this is a very frustrating post. The rock circle in Paulus Hook Waterfront is not a designated dog area. End of story....Regardless of what any mgmt company says, it is not soley for dogs....Trust me all the dog owners would have preferred that they kept the grass as opposed to the rocks...Not to mention, if it was soley for dogs, there would be some type of sign etc...Let's all move on because nothing is going to change there so there is no point debating...

Posted on: 2010/5/1 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No, emailing their corporate office might have them actually put down something that dogs can walk or run around in, fence it off so that unsuspecting people don't walk in it, and put proper signage so people know that it's a dog area, not a place to let your kid run around in.

The area is not marked at all. I am not sure what the confusion is on this thread. How are people supposed to know it's a dog area unless it's clearly marked and has the proper equipment so that dogs can actually enjoy it? And for the dog owners, wouldn't it be nice if you did have a fenced in area so your dog can run around on the waterfront?

Posted on: 2010/4/30 16:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/25 16:25
Group:
Registered Users
...so emailing their corporate office is going to get dogs to stop using the 'dog run' as a toilet? I'm really not sure where your going with all of this!!!

Posted on: 2010/4/30 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:
right now its an off leash dog issue. soon it will be a drainage and health issue if the correct substrate and surface is not installed in the "dog run"

Exactly, which is why people should email the address I posted if they have any concerns. I'm pretty skeptical of the whole thing being called a "dog run" or "dog area" but apparently that's what they are calling it and some people are using it as a dog toilet anyway.

Posted on: 2010/4/30 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
right now its an off leash dog issue. soon it will be a drainage and health issue if the correct substrate and surface is not installed in the "dog run"

Posted on: 2010/4/30 13:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SLyng wrote:
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
It is SUPPOSED to be a dog area. As I've said, the property manager confirmed this to me when I mentioned to him that they should put a "no dogs allowed" sign up. He told me that the area is designated to be a dog run.

My head hurts reading your post....

So you're arguing it is *supposed* to be a dog run, but they neglected to build a fence when they built the "dog run"? You're also arguing that at the dog run their should be a "no dogs allowed" sign up?

I don't get it, do you think it should be a dog run, or not? As it is now, it's just a tree surrounded by rocks where people can watch boats go by....Is that such a bad thing?

In short: What is the point of this thread?

As I said in my first post, I've been recently told that the circle was meant for dogs. A few weeks ago I saw the staff from Hudson Point and a contractor inspecting the area. They told me they were going to re-rock the area and I said "You guys should put a Curb your Dog sign there, it's full of poop." That's when they told me that the area is actually meant to be a dog run.

Then I asked why would they put rocks down, what dog would want to run in that? Why isn't it fenced off. Everyone kept shaking their head and said "I have no idea. It really doen't make sense and we've asked for changes but corporate won't give us the money." I was told to write a letter and if enough people complained, maybe they'd get more money to make a proper dog area.

That's why I started the thread.

Posted on: 2010/4/30 12:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
It is SUPPOSED to be a dog area. As I've said, the property manager confirmed this to me when I mentioned to him that they should put a "no dogs allowed" sign up. He told me that the area is designated to be a dog run.

My head hurts reading your post....

So you're arguing it is *supposed* to be a dog run, but they neglected to build a fence when they built the "dog run"? You're also arguing that at the dog run their should be a "no dogs allowed" sign up?

I don't get it, do you think it should be a dog run, or not? As it is now, it's just a tree surrounded by rocks where people can watch boats go by....Is that such a bad thing?

In short: What is the point of this thread?

Posted on: 2010/4/30 2:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/25 17:23
Group:
Registered Users
Did a dog bite you in your youth, Snowflake? I feel a lot of anger towards our canine brothers and sisters coming from your direction.

Posted on: 2010/4/30 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

In any event, whether you believe me or not, it's a moot point. The property mananger told me today that my email to corporate resulted in them getting money to put up a fence and proper signage which will designate the area as a dog run or dog toilet, whatever you want to call it.

Posted on: 2010/4/29 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I believe they are referring to this (click to enlarge, I can't figure out how to make it a certain width):

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/4/29 20:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/25 16:25
Group:
Registered Users
Clearly not a dog run.

Posted on: 2010/4/29 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That is my point. I've talked to the property manager at Hudson Point and it is supposed to be a dog run. Basically the people at corporate don't want to spend a ton of money there so they are just throwing rocks down even though no dog is going to want to run around in that area with rocks.

They are planning to re-rock the area so now is the time to contact Equity and complain.

Posted on: 2010/4/29 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
absolutely not a dog run

Posted on: 2010/4/29 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No, it's not at the doggy beach. It's right behind the pier house, right on the waterfront walkway. The marina area. It's supposed to be a "dog run" but I don't think anyone knows this. Some people do use it for their dogs and some people don't clean up after it. There are a couple of trees in the middle.

Posted on: 2010/4/29 11:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/9 19:59
Group:
Registered Users
i'm assuming you're referring to the doggy beach at paulus hook? if so, i think everyone is aware that it's for dogs?

Posted on: 2010/4/29 2:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/29 2:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
rock circle thing on the waterfront

Where is this rock circle?

Posted on: 2010/4/29 2:17

Rock Circle in Paulus Hook Waterfront
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So I've been told that rock circle thing on the waterfront is supposed to be a dog run. This was news to me, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wasn't aware of this. I never let my children anywhere near this thing because there is an inordinate amount of poop in the circle.

Every day I see kids playing in there, grabbing rocks and throwing it in the water. I wince when I see this because: #1 the rocks are filthy since many dogs poop and pee in there (and it's not cleaned up) and #2 it makes the circle look really bad. There are barely any rocks left and you can see the tarp now.

Equity Residential owns the circle and has plans to re-rock it with red rocks. I personally think that if that area is a dog spot , it should be fenced off with proper signage so that other unsuspecting people won't walk in an unhygenic area. Also, why not put something else besides rocks so that dogs can actually run there? Maybe then people would use it instead of the grass at Morris Canal.

I've been told that they'd consider the idea if enough people call and complain about it. I've sent an email to them today and if you fee the same way you can as well to:

residentrelations@eqrworld.com

Posted on: 2010/4/29 0:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017