Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Burgers & Burritos
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. In all my years in JC I've never heard of this place. They don't have their hours on their website. Are they only open for lunch? I'd take a walk down there on a weekday evening for dinner, but judging by the posts here, I'll have to do it when I have plenty of time to hang around and wait.

Posted on: 2010/4/27 3:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/8 23:48
Group:
Registered Users
Just ordered dinner from Burgers and Burritos. Yum! Glad to see that the Kitchen Cafe has gone back to its roots and is doing what it's always done best-burgers!

Posted on: 2010/4/27 0:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/9 20:30
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I have ordered take-out from here 3-4 times. I live about 1/2 mile away, and my orders have only taken about 30 minutes to arrive. The burgers are very good and probably the best made sliders I've seen. I just had the burritos today and they were good as well, but I'll stick to the burgers since that's what I prefer anyway.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I went there last week. I was the only person there, ordered 3 minis and it took almost 30 minutes. The mini burrito I ordered also looked like a burger and somehow they were cold.

Their main problem it seems is a lack of being able to multitask. I really think they make 1 mini at a time. The food IS good, and I will go back in a week or two to see if they have improved their production method.

Posted on: 2010/3/29 15:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/3 22:10
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
When I saw this thread open up on JCList and took a look at the unique menu, I was REALLY excited to check this place out. I even told some coworkers about it, suggesting that if it were good that we'd make it a regular lunch spot.

Unfortunately, when I went last week during lunch, I have to say that it was arguably worst Exchange Place lunch experience I've ever had, and will never go back, and will never recommend it to anyone. It's a shame too because it's not because of the food, but instead, because of what seems to be piss-poor management and ill-preparedness.

First, I go in all ready to try out their "Facebook Friend" promotion. Take a look at the website, and the FAcebook Fan Page - there is language that clearly says "All you need to do is tell the clerk that you're our facebook fan, and you get 1 free mini". So I order 3 minis, and mention the promotion when I go to pay, and the clerk tells me "no, you have to have a printed certificate." I point out that the Facebook Fan site also clearly says something along the lines of "We can't quite get these certificates to work, so just go ahead and mention youre a fan, and you get the free mini." Still, the clerk denies me. Besides the fact that the clerk was just plain WRONG and uninformed about the promotion, you'd think that for the sake of public relations considering it's a new restaurant he'd just say "hey man no worries, I'll give you the promotion anyway." But no, he just said pay up. Awful, awful, handling, and shame on management for not better informing staff about the change in the terms of the promotion.

Next, the wait. Mind you, I only order 3 minis, and "to go". Nothing fancy. There were only 2 other people there before me. These are minis - these are not 24oz New York Strips that need to be cooked medium well. The grill is right behind the cooks. I even struck a conversation with the clerks mentioning that this is my first time here, and I wanted to grab something quick to bring back to my desk at work. So, you'd think they'd be keen to my waiting time. But no, it wasn't until an agonizing 40 minutes had passed till I got those burgers. That is a mind-boggling amount of time to wait for what amounts to no more than 5-6oz of meat, hastily slapped onto a couple of buns.

Finally, I get back to my desk to actually eat the food that I had now ordered almost an hour ago. 1 of the burgers is cold, and 1 of the minis was in the form of a burger even though I ordered as a burrito. If I hadn't already exhausted my lunch hour, I would have gone back to get it fixed, but couldn't waste another 40 minutes there. That's 40 minutes, for 3 little minis, and a To-Go order.

Even in this train wreck of an experience, there was one "tall midget in the circus" - the food was actually very good (even the cold one). All ingredients were fresh, and the combinations were both palatable and unique.

Overall, the nail in the coffin for me was the wait time. I don't buy that poster's line about "unexpected rushes" either - it's LUNCH TIME in a business district. How can you not anticipate that? My 8-year old runs his lemonade stand better than this place is managed. And there still were no more than 8 people there by the time I got my order either, so I'm not so sure about this phantom rush excuse. I genuinely feel for the staff, because it was clearly that they had no leadership or direction from management.

I love Jersey City and would normally hate to slam a new business (especially one where the food is actually good), but the way this place is currently managed really hurts our community's image.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/3/29 14:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
So excited about having another delivery option in the area. I just hope they get better at it.

We're very sorry about the bad experience you had (and are glad you a also had a good experience to compare it to).

We've been having "bursts" of extreme rushes since the new menu went out last month and we have noticed that some orders get delayed. To address this problem, we're trying to hire another line cook to help expedite orders and hope we can fix it soon. We are also going to be using some "fancy" new heat packs inside the delivery bags to help keep the food warmer as soon as they arrive.

If anyone experiences a problem like this, please let us know right away so we can look up your order and help you fix it. - http://burgersandburritos.com/

Posted on: 2010/3/29 11:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
your listing for Kitchen Cafe on seamless web is under NYC not JC so it doesn't come up when you are looking in our area

We've only been able to test it using the "Start your personal order" which asks for an address and zipcode.

I do notice that that URL (http://www.seamlessweb.com/food-deliv ... -Cafe-New-York-City.918.r) has NYC in it, but it always seems to come up in the personal order by zipcode.

Is there a way to do city searches w/o entering your zipcode where it will not show up?

Posted on: 2010/3/29 11:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
just an FYI to the owners - your listing for Kitchen Cafe on seamless web is under NYC not JC so it doesn't come up when you are looking in our area

Posted on: 2010/3/27 20:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
Used their delivery today. We had a very small order - just 2 boxes - but it took way over 75min to get to us. And when it did get to us - it was ice cold.

So excited about having another delivery option in the area. I just hope they get better at it.

We tried them a few days earlier and it arrived rather quickly and hot. So I figured they were swamped this afternoon. We were understanding about the long wait - but not about it arriving ice cold. That has to mean it was just sitting somewhere for a long time.

We will try them again as good delivery in the area is limited.

We loved it the first time, and would have loved it the second if it was warm.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Just got a veggie burger and a spicy black bean burger to go. With rice on the side it came out out to under $7.

Waited about 10 minutes for my order, but I was the only one there (at around 3pm).

Both burgers were fantastic. The rice was adequate, though it was pretty much just chinese-style white rice--I was expecting something more like a Mexican yellow rice.

The furniture throughout is was I would describe as "eclectic." I sat it a cushy leather chair right next to the door that was definitely vintage, but it no way dirty or "scary." Some of the other seats looked like they were pulled from a 1950's schoolhouse.

I'll definitely be going back, and trying the delivery service at some point as well.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 19:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/26 19:31
Group:
Registered Users
My experience was both a positive and negative one. The food was good, I got two of the B&B (Grilled Onions and Chedder) burgers and the Bacon Burger and some fries. The Burgers were awesome, the fries weren't as Amazing as they claimed to be.

The Negative thing about the whole experience was the wait time. When I got there it was probably about 12:23 and when I finally got my food it was about 12:50. Considering I was the first person in the place I didn't expect to wait close to 30 minutes for food, especially if I was taking it to go.

My friend and I got there and were the first two in the place, eventually the place picked up and there were maybe 6-7 other orders behind us. The attendants were just sitting back there talking and by the time they got started on our order about 5-10 minutes already passed. Even though the food was good I thought the service was poor. Even 5 Guys which gets packed on Fridays around lunch wasn't as bad as this. Maybe if these guys started throwing more then a handful of patties to anticipate the rush would have been helpful. After a while you can tell they were drowning in orders.

If I ever end up returning which doesn't sound likely I'll probably end up phoning the order in. The sitting area looked pretty scary too, some of the seats looked like it had seen some serious battles.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 19:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/29 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
Went to this place Monday night after the seeing the menu. I would definitely go back. Had the avocado burger, mushroom, and chicken club minis and they were all delicious. Portion size was good for the price.

It's sort of like a grown up White Castle.

Posted on: 2010/3/24 14:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Weird but that area over there is like no mans land for me.Maybe its the parking but i just don't seem to think of eating over there.
Really have to start walking more.

Posted on: 2010/3/24 2:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/30 22:30
Group:
Registered Users
what are your hours??

Posted on: 2010/3/24 1:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Did they change their menu again?

That's correct, new menu as of Feb 22, 2010. We had a slight identity crises, but we've finally stumbled onto something that we think blends our favorite classics with a recession sustainable twist... and it's fun!

You can view the new menu at: http://burgersandburritos.com

Posted on: 2010/3/24 1:15

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/16 13:05
Group:
Registered Users
I'm confused.

I liked their burgers but went in there several weeks ago looking for one and was told they don't serve burgers anymore.

Did they change their menu again?

Posted on: 2010/3/23 19:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 14:14
Group:
Registered Users
Ooo. This looks awesome. I for one can get behind any place that offers veggie mini-cheeseburgers. This is the first time I've seen this offered. Looking forward to trying this place out.

Posted on: 2010/3/23 19:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I wanted to go for brunch a few Sunday's ago.. but once again it was closed. What's the deal?

It's currently closed on weekends. If the new concept catches on, there is a plan to reopen brunches with the MINI theme.

Quote:
will they be on seamless web?

It's on SeamlessWeb under Kitchen Cafe:
http://www.seamlessweb.com/food-deliv ... -Cafe-New-York-City.918.r

Posted on: 2010/3/23 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
we stopped in here after going walking on friday - I liked the choices and being able to mix them.
I got a shroom swiss burger and he got cajun spices w fries. Mine was nice - perfect size for a mini

I would definitely order it again

will they be on seamless web?

Posted on: 2010/3/22 3:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/30 22:30
Group:
Registered Users
I thought this place was out of business? Every single time I walk by, it's closed. I wanted to go for brunch a few Sunday's ago.. but once again it was closed. What's the deal?

Posted on: 2010/3/22 2:41

Burgers & Burritos

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Curious to see what you folks think of Kitchen Cafe's Burgers & Burritos. Do you like the MINI Meal concept of mixing and matching different flavors?

http://burgersandburritos.com

Posted on: 2010/3/22 1:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017