Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Getting toddlers around JC on public transportation

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/15 18:52
Group:
Registered Users
I agree on the City Jogger Mini. We also did tons of research and "test drove" many other models. It is easy to manuever, folds in one single motion, and lightweight (approximately 12 lbs).

Good luck!

Posted on: 2011/5/31 14:35

Re: Stroller Recos for JC Streets/PATH
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/18 21:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
We ended up getting two because we could not find one that did it all. First ia City jogger for cruising the streets and going running in the park. The second is the Bumbleride Flite. We love this one for daycare dropoff, shopping at the delis, flights and Path rides.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 1:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/25 11:03
Group:
Registered Users
City Mini hands down.
(first time parents here too who did months of stroller research)

Posted on: 2011/5/31 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/5/30 23:50

Stroller Recos for JC Streets/PATH
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
We're first-time parents-to-be and researching strollers (I've seen the City Mini and Uppa, frequently in use).

For any other parents out there, can you recommend (or discourage) a stroller for the often-rough sidewalks of JC that's still lightweight, has easy maneuvering and easy on/off PATH.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2011/5/30 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
The baby backpacks save space? Are you kidding? I'm constantly getting whacked in the face or back by someone who had not removed his/her backpack before getting on the train. They often take up as much space as another person but the wearer is oblivious. They're a menace!

Posted on: 2010/1/14 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

justin wrote:
Peg Perego Freestyle worked really well when my son was lighter and not walking...I could pop him in and out quickly and easily in subways/Path/bus/lightrail especially those stations that aren't HC accessible. The Peg Perego stroller allows you to pick up the baby with one hand and fold the stroller with the other hand with one quick button. When my son started walking and got a little heavier, I went with the McClaren. It's smaller/less bulky. But, it's not as easy to fold quickly. You need two hands and sometimes it doesn't lock shut after folding which makes it really awkward. I miss using the Peg Perego, especially when I find myself in some deep subway station with no elevator or a broken elevator. 5 flights is slow-going with a 2 year old....Good luck.

Oh, so the Maclaren isn't up to your liking? I'm taking back my stroller and giving it to someone who doesn't have stroller folding issues. There is a lock on your stroller. Its' that black piece of plastic that is hanging off the side. And I've used your Peg Perego. It's a flimsy piece of junk.

Ingrate!......lol.

Posted on: 2010/1/14 15:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/14 5:24
Group:
Registered Users
this would be an issue for me so i called NJ TRANSIT and they are not away of any new policies regarding double strollers and just said that they ask for it to be out of the way. Sent a message to PATH, awaiting response on this. I really hope that's not true because for us w/out a car it's the only way to go around w/two little kids and I alone cannot have both my toddlers in carriers on myself...

Posted on: 2010/1/14 5:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/20 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Peg Perego Freestyle worked really well when my son was lighter and not walking...I could pop him in and out quickly and easily in subways/Path/bus/lightrail especially those stations that aren't HC accessible. The Peg Perego stroller allows you to pick up the baby with one hand and fold the stroller with the other hand with one quick button. When my son started walking and got a little heavier, I went with the McClaren. It's smaller/less bulky. But, it's not as easy to fold quickly. You need two hands and sometimes it doesn't lock shut after folding which makes it really awkward. I miss using the Peg Perego, especially when I find myself in some deep subway station with no elevator or a broken elevator. 5 flights is slow-going with a 2 year old....Good luck.

Posted on: 2010/1/13 20:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/3 22:10
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Quote:

Pwens wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
is it posted somewhere that certain strollers will be prohibited? I've never heard of it!

is this just for Light Rail? for PATH? NJ Transit busses?

thanks!
JC

@CapnJon, the officer said "NJ Transit and other Port Authority services", whatever "services" means. I took it to mean that the strollers won't be allowed on PATH or Bus too.

Another passenger mentioned that it's part of an attempt to encourage more of those strap-on baby backpacks, to save room on the train cars

this sounds as a sick joke ... or the guy was fncking with you ... there is nothing on the njtransit website to that effect ... this could also be a difficult rule to enforce ... how would they treat a stroller with a rider-board?

It's not all strollers, just the double-wide ones and the big "off-road" style ones (I forget what exactly the officer referred to it as, but he gestured at mine, indicating it was too big). He just said it would be a summons issued, I don't think you get arrested on the spot

Posted on: 2010/1/13 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pwens wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
is it posted somewhere that certain strollers will be prohibited? I've never heard of it!

thanks!
JC

@CapnJon, the officer said "NJ Transit and other Port Authority services", whatever "services" means. I took it to mean that the strollers won't be allowed on PATH or Bus too.

Another passenger mentioned that it's part of an attempt to encourage more of those strap-on baby backpacks, to save room on the train cars

this sounds as a sick joke ... or the guy was fncking with you ... there is nothing on the njtransit website to that effect ... this could also be a difficult rule to enforce ... how would they treat a stroller with a rider-board?

Posted on: 2010/1/12 22:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:

thanks!
JC

Posted on: 2010/1/12 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I also recommend the McClaren. It's not only the best for public transit, but it's good for maneuvering in the narrow aisles of delis, stores and restaurants. It's also very sturdy.
Save those big monster strollers for the burbs.

Posted on: 2010/1/12 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users

thanks!
JC

Posted on: 2010/1/12 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Another vote for the Maclaren. Despite the recent scare of them amputating your childrens' fingers, they remain the best strollers for city living. Compact, light, easy to use and now with extra finger protection.

Posted on: 2010/1/12 15:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/2 4:12
Group:
Registered Users
I have found that the McClaren strollers are the best city strollers.

http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us

Posted on: 2010/1/12 15:19

Getting toddlers around JC on public transportation
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I was wondering the parents had any tips on getting toddler-aged kids around on public transportation in JC. My wife and I are looking for new techniques that are both pleasant for our 18-month old and easy on our aging backs.

Last week on the light rail, an NJ Transit officer informed my wife that beginning next month they would begin enforcing a ban on double-wide and "rugged" style baby carriages (with the bigger wheels and where the footprint of the frame is larger than the base of the baby's seat).

Before we go out and buy a fancy injury-averse baby carriage, we want to make sure we get the most practical yet compact baby mover possible, that's still compliant with the rules and regulations of our public transportation services.

Posted on: 2010/1/12 2:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017