Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Boca's play and stay

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/7 18:05
Group:
Registered Users
We've been using Bocas for almost 4 years for boarding and love them. Whenever we see the van as we're out for a walk, the driver always honks and, if he can, comes over to pet the dog (who leaps with joy to see a friend). And over a year after they stopped boarding cats, whenever I call to make a reservation for the dog they still remember our cat's name and ask how she's doing.

I can't recommend them highly enough. I never worry about leaving Lenny there when we're out of town.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 12:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kizzeface wrote:
When I drop him off, he doesn't even look back

This is our litmus test too... if they run to the french doors without looking back I know they're happy to be there... but if they stop and look back I feel guilty Luckily they've only looked back once.

Mark.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 5:02
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/10 21:29
Group:
Registered Users
I've been taking my dog there for about 4 years, and I really like that I can board him with his own food, toys, treats, and bedding, and it's all washed when I pick him up. I travel from time to time for work, and sometimes both my husband and I are out of town at the same time, but thanks to Jared and his staff, my dog gets the love and attention he needs when we're away.

When I drop him off, he doesn't even look back - just runs up to the staff to give them kisses. He recognizes them (and they run to him) on the street too. They're all clearly "dog people," and it shows. I can't recommend them enough, and can't imagine a better place to board your dog.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 3:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
IIRC, there's someone there until 2am, then the next shift arrives at 6am... so the dogs are only alone for 4 hours. As for the staff - they're all great... When I see any of them around town they always come up and pet the dogs.

Once one of my dogs ran out of my store and down the street and it was a conveniently placed off-duty Boca's employee who caught him.... he ran right to her!

Mark.

Posted on: 2009/12/4 3:59
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Amy-
I wrote you a PM :)

Mary Ann

Posted on: 2009/12/3 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SamS wrote:
Is there someone at Boca's overnight or are the dog's alone?

This is a very important question many forget to ask...
Most facilities are not staffed 24 hours and the dogs are crated over night, which is not an issue for most but best to always ask if this is a concern.

Mary Ann

Posted on: 2009/12/3 4:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/18 14:05
Group:
Registered Users
Boca has been great for us. Not only are we happy, but our dog is happy. Seriously!

She runs in there without looking back at us when we hand over the leash. Scarlet is all luvy-duvy when we pick her up, but she also says good bye to the staff there, and runs up to them for cuddles before we leave.

We've been using them for a year and a half, from when she was a puppy, and they know her well now. Even as they were getting to know her, they have always been attentive, and took the special attention she needed once with some medicine she was on during one stay.

Many times, when we want to gallivant, we drop of the pooch so that she's all tuckered out when we get home. We used to love the pick up service, yet Jarred (owner) called us and told us from deep concern that she couldn't ride the bus anymore. Turns out our rascal gets car sick, and made a mess of herself each time. Poor Puppy. She would run off with Jose each time he came to our door, so we didn't know that she would turn from red to green by the time she reached their doorstep.

Couldn't say enough of Boca, they are great! People are great, and I think it's because Jarred hires staff that doesn't just come to work for a pay check, but really loves the animals they care for.

Posted on: 2009/12/3 3:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]
I_heart_JC wrote:
the Hoboken place (Clinton and 7th, right?) changed hands in the last 18 months or so? it hasn't always been called Unleashed. if that's the case, then great. would give them another shot. glad to hear about Boca, too.[/quote]

Yes, Graceland was the previous daycare/boarding place in this location and it was horrid:

http://hoboken411.com/archives/983

I know some folks report positive experiences with commercial boarding facilities but I always prefer small private in-home pet care options. Or better yet, if an option, friends or family caring for your pet :)

Mary Ann

Posted on: 2009/12/3 3:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

shadrack wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
whatever you do, avoid that place in Hoboken.

I was coming home just as they were dropping my dog off, and I saw the drop-off guy running down the street with my geriatric shih-tzu on a leash trying desperately to keep up, and when she stumbled and fell, he KEPT ON RUNNING, dragging a 15-pound dog by her neck until I screamed at him to stop.

he didn't apologize, just handed me the leash and fled. I let the owner - Chris - know what happened, and never went back.

they may say they care about your dog, but if they're willing to hand it off to some guy who'd just as soon be delivering pizza, how much care are they really giving?

That's terrible.

The Hoboken Unleashed staff and facility are excellent. They are also involved in local rescue and have been very proactive in saving homeless animals.

I know the manager, Charles, and he would have fired this individual. I will mention the incident to him, but without specifics, I am not sure that anything can be done.

Bocas is a great facility, and there are also some people in town that do a great job boarding dogs.

has the Hoboken place (Clinton and 7th, right?) changed hands in the last 18 months or so? it hasn't always been called Unleashed. if that's the case, then great. would give them another shot. glad to hear about Boca, too.

Posted on: 2009/12/3 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
Is there someone at Boca's overnight or are the dog's alone?

Posted on: 2009/12/3 2:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:

I was coming home just as they were dropping my dog off, and I saw the drop-off guy running down the street with my geriatric shih-tzu on a leash trying desperately to keep up, and when she stumbled and fell, he KEPT ON RUNNING, dragging a 15-pound dog by her neck until I screamed at him to stop.

he didn't apologize, just handed me the leash and fled. I let the owner - Chris - know what happened, and never went back.

they may say they care about your dog, but if they're willing to hand it off to some guy who'd just as soon be delivering pizza, how much care are they really giving?

That's terrible.

The Hoboken Unleashed staff and facility are excellent. They are also involved in local rescue and have been very proactive in saving homeless animals.

I know the manager, Charles, and he would have fired this individual. I will mention the incident to him, but without specifics, I am not sure that anything can be done.

Bocas is a great facility, and there are also some people in town that do a great job boarding dogs.

Posted on: 2009/12/3 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/12/2 23:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/11 14:29
Group:
Registered Users
I've boarded my pups with them for at least 5 years and have never, ever had any issues. They are fantastic!!

Posted on: 2009/12/2 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
i highly recommend Boca's. We've been using them for years and years. They are wonderful and pay great attention to each dog's special needs. I know lots of others who use them too and haven't heard a complaint.

Posted on: 2009/12/2 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Left a dog there while on vacation once. Seemed great, I dont know what kind of shampoo they use but the pup smelled good forever. No real experience with other places however. They get to be outside and play alot. They will show you around the place if you want to just look.

Posted on: 2009/12/2 21:58

Boca's play and stay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have any experience with the boarding facilities at Boca's Play and Stay (dog boarding)? My usual boarding person is not available at the time I need.

Anyone know if they're kind, trustworthy, what the boarding facilities are like, etc?

Posted on: 2009/12/2 19:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017