Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Property Management
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
You may regret that choice. We fired them and had a very hard time getting our documents and records. Did you wonder why the company is named Louis Gelfand and no one by that name is/has been associated with it?
Just a word to the wise, watch them VERY CAREFULLY and keep your own copies of EVERYTHING. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Quote:

jcjc wrote:
We have been using Louis Gelfand Mgmt. Co in Hoboken for our small, four (4) unit building in Paulus Hook and they are pretty good.

Posted on: 2009/12/13 20:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/25 20:18
Group:
Registered Users
We have been using Louis Gelfand Mgmt. Co in Hoboken for our small, four (4) unit building in Paulus Hook and they are pretty good.

Posted on: 2009/12/12 2:28

Management Company Recommendations?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/23 19:40
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone recommend a good management company for a small condo building? I'm looking for one that's reasonably priced, responsive and transparent with expeditures.

Posted on: 2009/12/12 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HudsonCountyBoy wrote:
First of all, I want to thank everyone for your feedback.

To provide more color on my situation, we've used Bermeo Property Management for the past five years. While they have not been disastrous. we do have a number of legitimate concerns, such as:

- Unsatisfactory handling of insect issues
- Garbage removal personnel leaving the doors unlocked
- Unsatisfactory cleaning of common areas

In all fairness, my fellow owner's and I only recently started to become more organized, but as we do so, we want to way our options. For example, we are considering dropping snow removal as a service and doing it ourselves.

Has anyone else dealt with Bermeo?

I've had bad experiences with Bermeo. I just sent you a PM.

Posted on: 2009/11/16 22:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/3 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
First of all, I want to thank everyone for your feedback.

To provide more color on my situation, we've used Bermeo Property Management for the past five years. While they have not been disastrous. we do have a number of legitimate concerns, such as:

- Unsatisfactory handling of insect issues
- Garbage removal personnel leaving the doors unlocked
- Unsatisfactory cleaning of common areas

In all fairness, my fellow owner's and I only recently started to become more organized, but as we do so, we want to way our options. For example, we are considering dropping snow removal as a service and doing it ourselves.

Has anyone else dealt with Bermeo?

Posted on: 2009/11/16 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
We use Chris at 2Sixty Property Management, and we are very happy. His number is 732-407-6898

Posted on: 2009/11/5 1:19

Re: Property Management Companies

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/1 15:48
Group:
Registered Users
I'm happy with Del Forno.

I had to get a new tenant recently, and their screening process was way more thorough than I'd expected.

They're organized, efficient, responsive. Couldn't ask for anything more from a management company.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 20:58

Property Management Companies

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/3 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I live in an eight unit condo near the Grove Street PATH stop in downtown JC, and my fellow owners and I are considering changing our property management company. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2009/11/4 19:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/2 4:24
Group:
Registered Users
I strongly recommend Quantum Property Management. Jessie is the owner and she is GREAT!! Never any issues, she is wonderful with the tenants, has a good relationship with local contractors and knows how to deal with the city. 201-320-8883

Posted on: 2009/6/22 1:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/28 17:23
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerzgirl wrote:
Any suggestions for "interviewing" a new management company. Other than lower monthly fees - I'm not sure what else to ask about.

Ask what other local properties do they manage & ask for references. Call some of the board members of those buildings or if you know people in the buildings. Stop by the other proerties they manage & look at the condition of the building.

Posted on: 2009/6/20 22:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/12 20:53
Group:
Registered Users
whoever suggested an association of self-managed properties had a great idea. I would totally be up for something like that - and maybe then we'd also have some negotiating power for things like insurance.

I live in a small building, downtown, only 4 units - and our management company (based in Hoboken) sucks! One of the 4 owners lives in another state though - so we're hesitant to go without a management company.

Any suggestions for "interviewing" a new management company. Other than lower monthly fees - I'm not sure what else to ask about.

Posted on: 2009/6/17 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
This board has covered some of the bad companies in the area pretty thoroughly.

The only ones i've heard mostly good things about are Del Forno, Hudson Property Management and Red Bridge Property management.

I feel this is probably because they arent as big as the ones getting all the heat.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
I know many self managed condo associations and not one of them is run efficiently. Something as simple as savings on insurance can save your association a few thousand $ per year. A management company will have alot more bargaining power because of the sheer volume of policies they negotiate.

Or how about something more complex like this recent sprinkler backflow preventer law that could cost your association tens of thousands $ more than it has too. Not to mention the headaches of not knowing the answers.

An asscociation shouldn't hire a management company to pay a few bills but rather to bring a level of expertise to a field that condo owners often dont know the first thing about.

if you "slip" on a major issue, you or the individual responsible will be on the hook and can face litigation from other members. Having an outside management company also gives a layer of separation from the assoc members.

The trick is finding a good management company.

Yea, we considered doing it ourselves but decided against it for the reasons stated above. The last line is the most true at the moment. Finding a good one.
Thanks everyone.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 12:10

Re: Property Management Company suggestions?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
I know many self managed condo associations and not one of them is run efficiently. Something as simple as savings on insurance can save your association a few thousand $ per year. A management company will have alot more bargaining power because of the sheer volume of policies they negotiate.

Or how about something more complex like this recent sprinkler backflow preventer law that could cost your association tens of thousands $ more than it has too. Not to mention the headaches of not knowing the answers.

An asscociation shouldn't hire a management company to pay a few bills but rather to bring a level of expertise to a field that condo owners often dont know the first thing about.

if you "slip" on a major issue, you or the individual responsible will be on the hook and can face litigation from other members. Having an outside management company also gives a layer of separation from the assoc members.

The trick is finding a good management company.

Posted on: 2009/6/15 5:03

Re: Property Management Company suggestions?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
We shopped around and came to the conclusion that we were better off just managing the building ourselves. All the management companies want a substantial monthly fee just to pay a few bills (something we could do ourselves). We rotate some of the chores, like shoveling snow and cleaning the common areas. Sure things often slip, but all in all it's worked out better than we thought and it keeps the monthly maintenance low. What we could use, though, is a regular handyman for minor repairs - someone who won't rip us off and whom we could trust to let us know if a contractor is needed for a bigger job. Anyone have any suggestions on that? I'm wondering if it's worth it to start up some sort of loose umbrella group of small, self-managed buildings to share resources and ideas - especially recommendations on contractors (leverage our might in numbers if not size of building).

Posted on: 2009/6/14 21:26

Property Management Company suggestions?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We are very unhappy with ours and are looking for suggestions of companies people like or who to avoid. We are in a renovated building with 6 condo units.
Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2009/6/14 21:03

Building management sucks ( condo )

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/15 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All,

Wanted to hear your experiences with staying in a condo and building management in jersey city good/bad/etc.

I am in a jersey city condo close Journal square and getting very frustrated with the management. They just don't care, the super is never there in the building. The other day the fire alarm went off for almost 4 hrs , the super was no where to be found . Finally we called 911 and they turned it off. It was a false alarm but I am wondering what if there really was an issue. Any advice on how to deal with this ? Is there any recourse ? Your opinions are greatly appreciated !!!

Cheers,
Sandy

Posted on: 2008/11/14 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
If you had a bad experience I'm sure they would help you out at delforno..i use them and i have never had a problem.
Mike at Harsimus is also wonderful. I do biz with him too.

You must of had an underlying problem that you are not sharing...Property management is tricky because you have to deal with People. And People are not easy when it come to money.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 15:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/4 20:10
Group:
Registered Users
As the super of several buildings downtown, I have had plenty of experiences dealing with property managers with respect to "single" unit managment. Of all the people I have had to deal with Anthony Armagno (or Armango Real Estate) is someone I would not hesitate to recommend. The girls always answer the phone and he is just a nice pleasant person who is accountable.

As far as Del Forno, I can't stand them. I can't get them to pay a bill. I have had to go the the "condo management company" and have liens placed against the units they manage. I would do it myself before I asked them.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 14:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/22 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
I own a bunch of places downtown. If u live here do it yourself. If not, use Mike Del Forno at Harsimus Cove Real Estate.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 6:18

Property Management

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/25 20:18
Group:
Registered Users
We are trying to find a reputable property management company to manage our rental property (just one condo unit) in Paulus Hook. Any suggestions? We may use Del Forno..any experience with them re:property management?

Posted on: 2008/6/12 3:26

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017