Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New deli open on 7th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
I'm now buying my deli meat from here instead of shoprite. I also purchase the half and half for my office here. Many Sunday mornings their egg and cheeses have saved me from hangover certain death. They're very friendly but I agree, a little slow sometimes.

Posted on: 2009/11/11 21:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/9 15:42
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
7th & Eire Deli

Hey everyone - They've expanded their menu as of yesterday. Now they are making hot food.

I just had a falafel sandwich for $3. I'm no expert, but it was pretty good and a great price. They've also added burgers, hot sandwiches, fries, soup and other stuff like that. Also, they carry Boars Head meats and cheeses.

Oh yea, and they also gave me a taste of today's soup (chicken barley) and a couple fries - also really good.

Also on the menu, but haven't tried...hummus, grape leaves, kebab's, and everything of that variety.

Everything (with the exception of boars' head obviously), is made from scratch.

I don't work for them, but they are really nice, and basically my local deli. I get a bagel from them pretty often. It's not express fast NYC service, so be patient, especially since they are just starting the hot food menu.

Support local business. Hamilton park needs this place to stay open. Also, they deliver.

Posted on: 2009/11/11 19:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/8 5:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Cato wrote:
I was a little disappointed because I thought this place was going to be a real cafe where I could sit and do work.

sit and do work? are you homeless? maybe this deli's business plan is to actually MAKE MONEY and stay in business for more than 6 months. "yes, I'll have a small coffee and Oh, I'll be occupying this table for the next 4 or 5 hours working on my novel so try to keep the noise down". you know, the library lets you sit there all day for FREE and you don't even have to spend the dollar for the coffee.

Posted on: 2009/6/21 15:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/30 17:43
Group:
Registered Users
This place seems like it has a split personality part grocery, part cafe, part deli. The coffee here was fine and I had a sandwich which again was fine. I was a little disappointed because I thought this place was going to be a real cafe where I could sit and do work. The smell of the cleaning agents on the wall made it hard for me to find the deli items appetizing.

The owners were very friendly.

Posted on: 2009/6/21 14:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
Just had a pastrami sandwich from this deli today! The deli is clean and the choices are reasonably priced. I would recommend it to others in the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2009/6/20 22:08

New deli open on 7th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
The new deli is open (where Isabella's used to be). They have basic groceries, deli sandwiches, and ice cream. They also have 3 tables in there...I'd rather the table space or the outside space be used to add produce and flowers. We really need a place that sells produce.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 22:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017